Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

Jon Robinson, over at ESPN Videogames, sat down with Producers Ben Haumiller and Russ Kiniry, as they break down nine changes being made to NCAA Football 11. They have also posted the very first screenshot from the game.

Quote:
"Numbers on helmets might seem inconsequential to some gamers, but if you're an Alabama fan, the fact that the video game recreation of your school doesn't accurately represent the uniform details you cheer so hard for on a weekly basis has been driving you message board mad & as in, leaving threats of "I'll never play the game again," on any sports gaming board you could find in hopes someone at EA will finally hear your cries.

Cry no more.

"Alabama fans, we hear you," says "NCAA Football 11" producer Ben Haumiller. "This game's for you."

That's right, not only will "NCAA Football 11" finally feature Alabama's famed look that includes numbers on helmets, but now when gamers create their own schools using the wildly popular "Team Builder" (over 500,000 teams were created last year), they can put numbers on the sides of their helmets then watch as they actually appear in-game.

But that's not all the "NCAA Football 11" creative crew has in store for this year's game."

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 jclentzthadon @ 02/27/10 07:38 PM
Like I said earlier in this thread. At this point all this stuff is window dressing. Yeah it's cool and it's a helluvalot better than wind socks and field goal nets BUT we still got bookoos of issues with gameplay and I don't know about you guys but all the "looks" in the world don't mean jack squat if the gameplay sucks like it did last year- and did it ever.

I'm not blindly hating on the game but people that are gushing over these updates should be satisfied but wanting more. We need a playable fun game. We gotta get momemtum, physics, game speed, AI, animations ALL fixed because the gameplay is pitiful. You know it and I know it, we all know it. NCAA is fun. I played the hell out of it 2 years ago but played 10 for about a week, it was that bad. The online dynasty is the BEST implementation to next gen sports IMHO and I want this game to play well but they have got to fix this gameplay.

# 162 jfsolo @ 02/27/10 07:46 PM
I've skipped the last two NCAA games, so I'm definitely not one to buy into any hype, be it pre-release excitement, or post release euphoria. Despite not feeling the last two versions, I still don't have that hardcore cynicism that is already apparent after the very first snippet of information has put out there.

Its as if being patient comes with an actual economic cost. Oh well, it is what is it is.

# 163 Rhudey @ 02/27/10 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jclentzthadon
Like I said earlier in this thread. At this point all this stuff is window dressing. Yeah it's cool and it's a helluvalot better than wind socks and field goal nets BUT we still got bookoos of issues with gameplay and I don't know about you guys but all the "looks" in the world don't mean jack squat if the gameplay sucks like it did last year- and did it ever.

I'm not blindly hating on the game but people that are gushing over these updates should be satisfied but wanting more. We need a playable fun game. We gotta get momemtum, physics, game speed, AI, animations ALL fixed because the gameplay is pitiful. You know it and I know it, we all know it. NCAA is fun. I played the hell out of it 2 years ago but played 10 for about a week, it was that bad. The online dynasty is the BEST implementation to next gen sports IMHO and I want this game to play well but they have got to fix this gameplay.
I agree with this 100% It's pretty bad when I watched utube videos of ncaa 10 ps2 and thought it looked and played waaaay better. Fix the horrible animations (especially throwing), make the ball spin......make it look like football, not robots.

# 164 aimiami @ 02/27/10 08:17 PM
YAY

# 165 aimiami @ 02/27/10 08:27 PM
graphics and how they move look so much better
it would be cool to have QBs have a diffrent style instead of the same exact style. im sure sam kellner would have a problem with this though

# 166 TrapStar215 @ 02/27/10 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram29jackson
when they say three quarter and half sleeves- I assume they mean the old school look of jerseys....?

will they add 1960-70s facemasks ever or not ? I wonder
No, like Under Armour type stuff.

# 167 hustle55 @ 02/27/10 08:45 PM
I love the list!!! I hope the news only gets better.

I want medical redshirts!!!!!

# 168 Artman22 @ 02/27/10 08:58 PM
The screen shot looks nice. I just hope the gameplay matches that screen shot.

# 169 Barkley7 @ 02/27/10 09:55 PM
I really hope Ncaa 11 adds better celebrations/reactions. If Madden 10 could have different ones, why not NCAA? If you watch football, almost every time someone gets a touchdown all the players go up to him and celebrate. If they get a big hit or interception, same thing. In Ncaa 10 the players act like a bunch of little kids.

# 170 Potatoes002 @ 02/27/10 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler
Just goes to show you can't please everyone. Had they announced dynamic field goal nets and improved flash photography, the forum would have exploded in anger. But they announce features (in late Feb) that people have been bleeding for and the response from some is that those features should have already been in game.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not ready to proclaim NCAA11 the greatest game ever, but they're definitely making strides in the right direction.
Errrr...Im agreeing with a Husky. But yes in the very first update about the game they showed many features added that people would not shut the hell up about last year (equipment, refs, wrong logos) and they delivered in the first update. The first info released about a game is usually the most insignificant so people should be happy with what is released now.

# 171 deebo2246 @ 02/27/10 10:15 PM
Games always look good in screen shots, but the real answer will lie in the gameplay. I will take the wait and see approach because so far Tiburon doesn't deserve my money at all this year. I have been playing the same game since the Bill Walsh days just getting pretty for my eyes and try to fool me about whats really under the makeup.

# 172 MrDhWhat @ 02/27/10 10:23 PM
I'm really excited to see in the following months how this all turns out.

# 173 michigan21 @ 02/27/10 11:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
Gang tackles and formation subs are the only things I could even care about on that list.

Absolutely no mention of anything else game play related such as improving the blocking, ai, o-line vs. d-line interaction, or locomotion to fix the complete lack of momentum in the game.

Looks like my money may be going else where this year. I really don't think they deserve too credit for formation subs at this point considering it took them this long into this gen to finally include them.
I agree with you. No mention of improved presentation, ratings really making a difference.

# 174 moylan1234 @ 02/28/10 01:18 AM
I want this game right now. formation subs, refs, dynamic conf logos = awesomeness. I'm wondering if the conference logos on the jerseys will also be dynamic. Is that a given? How will the conference logos affect teambuilder teams? does this mean we can assign our teams a generic conference logo without taking up one of the two custom logo spots and it will also be dynamic? Obviously I know we don't have answers to any of these questions just wondering out loud or in silence. Also, really good to see that the recent lawsuits haven't affected our roster downloading.

# 175 Pokes404 @ 02/28/10 01:32 AM
This list is a nice start. Credit EA for addressing several complaints with the game in the very first batch of info. However, I've said it before and I'll say it again, if they don't drastically improve the blocking AI and locomotion physics, I won't be buying NCAA 11. I'm not going to get excited about the game until I see one or both of these things mentioned.

It's very early though. I'm hopeful that EA will come through in these areas.

# 176 geezmeister @ 02/28/10 02:01 AM
Ea your doing work! I love these updates!

# 177 stoncold32 @ 02/28/10 04:15 AM
I honestly cant believe the # of people getting excited over 1 image. It's obvious they (purposely) put every piece of equipment on the player, doctored the color/lighting, and snuck the referee in just enough to make him just visible, and the same for the conf. logo.

C'mon guys.....is this really ALL you care about?

# 178 mgoblue678 @ 02/28/10 04:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
I honestly cant believe the # of people getting excited over 1 image. It's obvious they (purposely) put every piece of equipment on the player, doctored the color/lighting, and snuck the referee in just enough to make him just visible, and the same for the conf. logo.

C'mon guys.....is this really ALL you care about?
Completely agree. I need to hear alot more, particular about changes being made to the game play before I get remotely excited.

# 179 michigan21 @ 02/28/10 09:23 AM
The amount of people in this thread that are giddy about Under Armour, 3/4 sleeves, cleats, is mind blowing to me. I thought this was football, not What not to wear. None of that stuff means **** if the gameplay is still bad. My biggest issue last year was the lack of momentum. How power backs really had no use. It was all about speed. All teams essentially played the same way. There is so many other things Ncaa should be working on and tweaking other than apparel. I literally could not get through a game, let alone a season because the game bored me to tears. Mascots crip walking, cheerleaders flying. Just give really good oline and dline play. Slow the game down. Make tweaks to dynasty mode. Add in game saves. After the debacle that has been ncaa on the NG, Im hopeful, but realistic.

# 180 dkrause1971 @ 02/28/10 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan21
The amount of people in this thread that are giddy about Under Armour, 3/4 sleeves, cleats, is mind blowing to me. I thought this was football, not What not to wear. None of that stuff means **** if the gameplay is still bad. My biggest issue last year was the lack of momentum. How power backs really had no use. It was all about speed. All teams essentially played the same way. There is so many other things Ncaa should be working on and tweaking other than apparel. I literally could not get through a game, let alone a season because the game bored me to tears. Mascots crip walking, cheerleaders flying. Just give really good oline and dline play. Slow the game down. Make tweaks to dynasty mode. Add in game saves. After the debacle that has been ncaa on the NG, Im hopeful, but realistic.
I am surprised anyone would surprised that so many posters are thrilled with this list. Look at any of the numerous threads that are harsh on the 2010 version and its presentation/graphics people and its gameplay people. We all want both to be better but generally its one or the other that really is the issue for a poster.

I frankly could care less if we had only one helmet choice in the game. You really don't even see the guys that closely but yet there is a thread about mouth-guards not in. Instead, i get pissed that scrambling QB don't run enough, or that OL interaction is poor, or that zones are a disaster in this game.

So EA's early list is a home-run with those guys. While i was reading the list, i was thinking hey this isn't bad until i finished the list and wondered where the hell the gameplay stuff was. Maybe its still coming. Maybe EA decided it was easier to clean up the issues that half the users wanted this year.

Its early, lets save the anger until we know more- IE may or june.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.