Home
UFC Undisputed 2010 News Post

Quote:
"Hey everyone,

Your patience and feedback since our last patch has been extremely appreciated.

We are officially working on our next patch which should resolve a wide range of issues for Undisputed 2010 on the Xbox 360 and PS3. The patch will focus on both Offline and Online mode fixes. The list below provides several of the top changes we plan to make, while others will be announced later once we have verified they can be patched successfully. A release date has not been determined due to the time needed for testing, however we are currently planning for release in the month of September.

1) We are working on a fix for the mid-match disconnects which usually occur during the 2nd Round or later of an Online match.

2) A solution for the Fighter Stats screen in the Online Fighter Select menu has been found. We believe that this can be done within the patch filesize limit.

3) We are reviewing various methods to balance combat including adjustments to Transition Reversals.

We will also continue working on improvements for the UFC servers, as well as a solution for resetting the online leaderboards.

Update 08/19/2010: There have been a lot of questions pertaining to online tournaments. Tournaments are not associated with the patch, so keep an eye out for an update separate from this thread. We should have an announcement for these within a week or so.

-Sway"

Source - UFC Undisputed Community Forums

Game: UFC Undisputed 2010Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
UFC Undisputed 2010 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 sb24 @ 08/18/10 05:22 PM
Waayyyyyyy to late IMO. I dont normally sell games but UFC 10 is gone(traded for Madden). I just played 09 last night and I am glad I still have it. 09 isnt perfect but it felt like a chess match. Only going for reversals when the other guys was showing a pattern, being able to transition if they guy decided to rain down punches without blocking transitions.....

Now if I found out they removed the auto-block transition crap then I might actually regret trading it in. Since it doesnt look like thats their plan, I am happy I got at least some money back for it.

# 2 sportznut02 @ 08/18/10 05:36 PM
I knew this game was not doing well when I went into EB Games a month after the release date and they had a ton of used copies for $29.99.

# 3 Gotmadskillzson @ 08/19/10 03:35 PM
Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too late. September ??????? Please most people will be playing Mafia 2 and Halo Reach then. And I noticed they didn't say anything about the submissions, Flash KO's, stamina, etc.

# 4 BlueNGold @ 08/19/10 03:42 PM
I really don't think a patch is going to save this game. They might as well just save the time and start working their asses off on the next one and make sure it's not a massive disaster like this year.

# 5 Phobia @ 08/19/10 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
I really don't think a patch is going to save this game. They might as well just save the time and start working their asses off on the next one and make sure it's not a massive disaster like this year.
Agreed, complete waste of time. I also still have the game, but even with the patch it still won't be worth playing. Biggest sports game disaster I can remember in a while. Closest would have to be MLB 2k9.

# 6 LingeringRegime @ 08/19/10 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too late. September ??????? Please most people will be playing Mafia 2 and Halo Reach then. And I noticed they didn't say anything about the submissions, Flash KO's, stamina, etc.
Yeah, too little, too late. I just regret that I spent my money on this game at launch. Thought it was a no brainer. At least I have 2009.

UFC needs to work with Natural Motion. It would be a match made in heaven.

# 7 Millennium @ 08/19/10 07:42 PM
If they fix the "Rule of 3", I will re-buy the game used. If not, I won't buy 11 until someone confirms it isn't in the game.

The single biggest letdown of the game for me.

# 8 delspf @ 08/20/10 02:12 AM
Quote:
mafia 2 for sure
waiting for ea mma in october too

# 9 TheShizNo1 @ 08/21/10 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
I didn't play 2009 but I really like 2010, which given it's a fighting game is rare for me.
I know you probably didn't mean it the way I'm about to interpret it...

That's the point, this isn't supposed to be a fighting game. But that's exactly what it feels like, deadly hook fatality's. No strategy in this game whatsoever. Played SB in 2009 and it just felt great. Chess match.

This game....pffft.....

# 10 Gotmadskillzson @ 08/21/10 11:20 PM
Yeah that basically sums up UFC 2010......a sports game that got changed to a fighting game. Hence why sweeps from the bottom were removed, slams out of submissions removed. pretty much the whole ground game got neutered. Which left a player with nothing but the stand up.

And the stand up got butchered too. It was nothing but a who can KO the other guy 1st within the 1st 2 minutes of the fight type of game. Because if you landed more then 3 clean shots on a guy to the head, he would be KO'ed. Didn't matter what your player stand up rating was at all.

Because I KO'ed the strongest stand up guys with the weakest guys who couldn't KO people in real life in this game.

The beauty of 09 was that everybody was different. People didn't have moves outside of their discipline. In 2010 everybody got the same moves. Got wrestlers doing judo throws and americanas. BJJ guys doing suplexes and shooting double legs, along with the ability to KO people in the stand up game.

It is like how many BJJ guys in the UFC have a good stand up game also ? Not many. But with how easy you were able to KO people with BJJ fighters in 2010, if I was new to UFC I would think BJJ fighters were former pro boxers.

# 11 ink @ 08/24/10 04:39 PM
Well, they really screwed the pooch on release when any submission expert would tap you out if he stared at you too long.

# 12 Sausage @ 09/02/10 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
If they fix the "Rule of 3", I will re-buy the game used. If not, I won't buy 11 until someone confirms it isn't in the game.

The single biggest letdown of the game for me.
Very novice MMA person and played UFC 2009 more like a boxing game/head kick game due to a poor understanding of the controls. What is the "Rule of 3" and is anything good about it to buy on a later date.

# 13 oChaos_Nine @ 09/08/10 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
Very novice MMA person and played UFC 2009 more like a boxing game/head kick game due to a poor understanding of the controls. What is the "Rule of 3" and is anything good about it to buy on a later date.
Rule of 3 is spamming transition attempts against the CPU 3 times and it's an automatic transition. There's also a rare chance the CPU will reverse you but more times than not you can get to mount in seconds by spamming transitions.

# 14 Gotmadskillzson @ 09/19/10 11:43 PM
Quote:
Update 9/1/2010: There has been some interest in offline bug fixes planned for the patch, so I will confirm a few fixes in the works along with their current status. This is not our complete list of offline fixes, so expect more to come.
  • Fixed - Occasionally fighters become locked in the Muay Thai clinch until the end of the round.
  • Fixed - In rare instances, WFA fighters will appear instead of UFC fighters who are coming out of retirement in Career mode.
  • Fixed - Also in rare cases, fighters are awarded the same score following a Career match but the ruling is Unanimous Decision.
  • In Test - Fighters sometimes become stuck matching against fighters from the wrong weight division when changing weight divisions during the Career.
  • Fixed - Add Camera Shake during charged submissions, allowing players to be aware of an opponent charging a sub without relying on Stamina Bars.
-Sway
Wow.....Anybody else got the feeling this patch isn't going to come out until EA MMA retail game comes out ? If so that would be a full 5 months since UFC Undisputed came out.

Makes no sense I swear. I guess THQ don't realize if you don't fix your game in a timely manner, most people will trade your game back in.

# 15 Phobia @ 09/20/10 11:57 AM
Quote:
Wow.....Anybody else got the feeling this patch isn't going to come out until EA MMA retail game comes out ? If so that would be a full 5 months since UFC Undisputed came out.

Makes no sense I swear. I guess THQ don't realize if you don't fix your game in a timely manner, most people will trade your game back in.
Plus is anything on that list really the high priority items to patch. I don't see anything fixing
  • 3 transition issue
  • CPU AI aggression (lack of fighting like real fighters)
  • CPU psychic sway abilities (They dodge better than Roy Jones Jr.)
  • Poor stamina loss for power shots
  • HORRIBLE online connections
  • Online Drops
  • ratings not mattering
They will fix rare bugs which even they label "rare instances". But they won't fix the myriad of gameplay issues, online issues, fight camp issues, and gameplay balances. THQ is truly a piece of work. Literally one of the worst "major" video game releases in a LOOOONG time. Almost the whole thing does not work correctly.

But the presentation is top notch

# 16 aholbert32 @ 09/20/10 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Plus is anything on that list really the high priority items to patch. I don't see anything fixing
  • 3 transition issue
  • CPU AI aggression (lack of fighting like real fighters)
  • CPU psychic sway abilities (They dodge better than Roy Jones Jr.)
  • Poor stamina loss for power shots
  • HORRIBLE online connections
  • Online Drops
  • ratings not mattering
They will fix rare bugs which even they label "rare instances". But they won't fix the myriad of gameplay issues, online issues, fight camp issues, and gameplay balances. THQ is truly a piece of work. Literally one of the worst "major" video game releases in a LOOOONG time. Almost the whole thing does not work correctly.

But the presentation is top notch
LOL...I think I'm one of the few people who still plays this game regularly. I guess its because I dont play it online. I actually disagree about ur issues with the CPU. I think they pretty much fight like their real life counterparts and dont have an issue with the swaying. My biggest problem is the submission system but I'm getting better at that.

If I played online, I would be furious though.

# 17 Phobia @ 09/20/10 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
LOL...I think I'm one of the few people who still plays this game regularly. I guess its because I dont play it online. I actually disagree about ur issues with the CPU. I think they pretty much fight like their real life counterparts and dont have an issue with the swaying. My biggest problem is the submission system but I'm getting better at that.

If I played online, I would be furious though.
I have zero idea how you play the CPU aholbert. Anything lower than expert and I demolish the CPU without even trying. On the ground the flick reversal system means that I can go from any ground position offense or defense to full mount in 3 to 5 flicks. Then this equals me slaughtering the CPU.

Also I don't know how you can say they fight like their real life counter parts. How often do you EVER see the CPU retreat and back up. They come straight at you 99% of the time. If you are someone like Randy Couture and want to push your opponent against the cage. Well you MUST clinch and then clinch reverse to gain any chance of pushing them against the cage. Because the CPU will not, back up and put itself near the cage.

I don't know aholbert, I just see sooooooo many errors in the AI. I find it fights like a street fighter rather than a MMA sim. Everyone throws looping bombs nonstop, very little stamina issues with this strategy. KO's are a touch to high, not a huge complaint of mine because it should happen. They are just a tad to many.

Like you touched on the submitting the CPU is laughable bad. Oh and like you said in the bold. If you played online you would be close to snapping this piece of trash in half. I tried playing some yesterday. Complete utter waste of time.

This game got more testing than UFC 2010 did!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.