Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

Ian Cummings just posted the details for Madden NFL 11 title update #5.

*UPDATE: The patch is still hit or miss ATM. It's up to MS and Sony on when they will push it. Will start a new topic when the patch is readily available for everyone.

Quote:
Hello Madden fans, we are happy to announce the release of our fifth (and likely final) title update for Madden NFL 11, just in time for the holidays. The fixes listed below represent a culmination of all the feedback received from you, the fans, in our loyal community. We'd like to thank you for the continued support and strong attention to detail, as well as, your willingness to contribute in always trying to make Madden NFL a better game. This title update focuses on primarily fixing online exploits and fine-tuning the balance of gameplay by making numerous improvements to defensive AI.

The fixes are as follows:

• Fixed an exploit to disallow defenders from all blitzing when the quarterback tried to pump fake when facing the wrong direction. This was discovered in NCAA Football 11 and fixed in both titles.
• Fixed an exploit where unscrupulous players could get their fullback or tight end to move across the line of scrimmage and cause an encroachment penalty against an unsuspecting defensive player.
• Fixed an exploit where online gamers could use specific timing in pulling the network plug and cause a soft lock for both users, thus not having to face a loss. We've isolated and fixed the problem, so now if someone pulls their plug, they rightfully get a loss.
• Improved reaction times for defenders in coverage to better react to receivers
• Improved logic to get defenders in better position to make plays on the ball while in the air
• Improved defensive play recognition to get defenders reacting to the play faster
• Tuned up defensive pursuit to get defenders to take smarter angles to the ball carrier
• Tuned up defensive gap aggressiveness to get defenders into the hole faster
• Fixed an issue where the play art on defense would sometimes not show up correctly when showing blitz. We have corrected this problem in thirteen formations so now all proper play art will be displayed when showing blitz to the offense.

Source: Madden NFL 11 Blog via Ian Cummings

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Matt10 @ 12/10/10 11:12 AM
Looking forward to the impressions, maybe I'll buy Madden if it's good enough.

# 2 adembroski @ 12/10/10 11:16 AM
I am really, really shocked. Like, completely floored that this is a serious 5th patch.

Un-friggin' heard of. I don't know what's happened at EA to make them this responsive, but I'm certainly not going to complain. Between the improvements to NCAA this season, Madden spitting out 5 patches, this bodes well for the future of the franchise.

At any rate, thrilled with the changes. Hope this patch works well.

# 3 jeremym480 @ 12/10/10 11:20 AM
I sold my copy a few weeks ago and haven't really be keeping up with it since. Can someone tell me if they ever fixed the QB Intros? If so, that maybe enough to warrant a repurchase.

# 4 LoWw @ 12/10/10 11:24 AM
Is this out for the ps3?

# 5 datruth @ 12/10/10 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I am really, really shocked. Like, completely floored that this is a serious 5th patch.

Un-friggin' heard of. I don't know what's happened at EA to make them this responsive, but I'm certainly not going to complain. Between the improvements to NCAA this season, Madden spitting out 5 patches, this bodes well for the future of the franchise.

At any rate, thrilled with the changes. Hope this patch works well.
I agree this is truly amazing! I can't recall there ever being 5 updates and to specifically address the major online issue.....Defense!

I wish we had some first hand impressions though. Is there no one in the states that has this patch and plays online?>>

# 6 Gotmadskillzson @ 12/10/10 11:30 AM
Quote:
Improved defensive play recognition to get defenders reacting to the play faster

Quote:
Tuned up defensive gap aggressiveness to get defenders into the hole faster

Oh great, that is the main problem with NCAA 11 right now, when they improved it on that game. Players react too fast, causing pump fakes, counters and Play action to be totally useless because the defensive line and outside linebackers get into the backfield as soon as you snap the ball on running or play action plays.

# 7 ChicagoChris @ 12/10/10 11:43 AM
Working from home today and no patch yet on the 360...i know it is hit or miss but just giving an update

# 8 ryan36 @ 12/10/10 11:45 AM
You mean if I delete the NCAA patch, play action will work? Hmm. I hope the impressions for this patch are good...might be worth picking it up again even with the whack commentary.

# 9 LionsFanNJ @ 12/10/10 11:49 AM
This is interesting, i traded madden in for NBA 2k (not a decision i regret BTW) but if this patch truly does "wake up" defense i may get a used copy back (I don't play online anyway)

# 10 crques @ 12/10/10 11:51 AM
still no dirty uniforms?

# 11 bxgoods @ 12/10/10 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVM
Are all of these "improvements" for online play? If it is, then maybe the reason some don't get it is because they don't have Online Pass enabled or play online?

I have online pass, i played online this morning and didnt get a prompt to download patch.

# 12 Gorilla Glass @ 12/10/10 12:08 PM
After one game online, I can tell that the defense is a lot tighter. My wide open offense is gone. It plays almost like M10 as far as D is concerned.

# 13 authentic @ 12/10/10 12:08 PM
This is getting ridiculous Sony and MS. The patch was released to certain people...never in my life have I ever seen anything like this where only some people can get a patch. How is this even possible. I have the patch, yet it seems like I'd still be able to play online against some who doesn't have the patch...which it seems would really mess everything up...BTW, the game plays great compared to before. I am actually really liking it now, for once without my slider tweaks.

# 14 crques @ 12/10/10 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
I know right. Thought we would get dirty unis, and I was hoping that they unlocked the franchise player edit since Ian was here asking about it a couple weeks ago.

No harm no foul though. I'll take it, let me see how it plays. More slider adjustments needed ya think?
I don't know how the patch plays yet, but the uniforms really bother me. That was a feature that was on PS1 Madden games. Why can't we have it now......years later? They want to make these games realistic, and last time I watched an NFL game on natural grass, their uniforms did get dirty.......especially in the rain. It may not bother some, but it's frustrating for me that it's not on this game.

# 15 abeg1713 @ 12/10/10 12:13 PM
why does everyone keep complaining about dirty uni's. we are lucky enough to be getting a 5th patch. i'm looking foward to playing when it comes out for everyone

# 16 Gorilla Glass @ 12/10/10 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abeg1713
why does everyone keep complaining about dirty uni's. we are lucky enough to be getting a 5th patch. i'm looking foward to playing when it comes out for everyone
Because if you were to please eveybody, the World would be strange.

# 17 Gorilla Glass @ 12/10/10 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adfletch71
So is this patch only for online defensive improvement or offline as well? Also is there anyway too improve O-line blocking, the DE and DT always using that swap move too get around my Guards and tackles. Can anyone help?
I haven't played offline as of yet, but in my one online game and in practice mode, Orakpo was getting to the QB pretty fast. It seems though that blitzing is late and 4 man has been enhanced; which sucks for 3-4 users.

# 18 Senator Palmer @ 12/10/10 12:31 PM
For those that have the patch, has anything changed when you are on offense playing against the CPU? Is there an influx of ridiculousness, with the CPU line instantly destroying your o-line and blowing up running plays in the backfield?

I thought the CPU's defense was fine... too fine, in fact, when it came to defending the run. It was my user defense that seemed a step slow and needed the tuning.

In NCAA, the run blocking feels more real. Guys get hat on hat, and if a DT beats my man, it was with realistic momentum, a rip or a swim that took time. In Madden there's the instant, split-second whiff by my linemen that I can't strategize to stop with snap count or anything.

# 19 PantherBeast_OS @ 12/10/10 12:37 PM
Well again like I said earlier. I'm looking forward to the update when it comes out. But I hope this update on the D and stuff doesn't benefits the AI more then anything. The AI already is to perfect on D. It needs to benefit the human user just much. I'm looking forward to the update as soon as it gets put out for downloading. But I really hope the AI ain't even more powerful then it already is on D. I'm hoping they balanced the oline and Dline interaction while fixing the D.

# 20 Palo20 @ 12/10/10 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
You mean if I delete the NCAA patch, play action will work? Hmm. I hope the impressions for this patch are good...might be worth picking it up again even with the whack commentary.
I don't think so. Play action didn't work well from day one on NCAA

« Previous123456Next »

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.