Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

IGN posted a story today detailing some of the additions to Dynasty mode in NCAA Football 12.

The biggest change seems to be the ability to create a coach and move up the coaching ranks. Many folks have been begging for a "coaching carousel" in this series, so this addition seems like it should make a lot of people happy.

Quote:
...EA and Tiburon have responded and given players the ability to create their own coaches from scratch. You can modify looks, set ages and even pick an alma mater. Save these changes, and you can share them with the world and every mode in your game.

That stuff might sound cosmetic, but it plays into the cool changes in Dynasty mode. When you start, you can choose to go be the head coach of whatever school you like, but the real challenge is taking on one of the new offensive or defensive coordinator slots and working your way up to running an entire team. Yes, this year you can be one of the assistant coaches and manage just one side of the ball for entire games. Do well, and the shot at a head coaching job might pop up.

The story also mentions some details about Online Dynasty mode, including confirmation that you will be able to simulate online dynasty games from your computer.

If you're a more visual person, IGN has also posted a video preview detailing these changes.

On a level beyond the additions themselves, the biggest change this year just seems to be the ability to customize the experience to your liking. The folks at EA Tiburon have been relatively rigid when it comes to customizing players, leagues and so forth, but the shackles seem to be coming off in both football games now.

More details should be released about this mode and the Road to Glory mode in the near future. The embargo for all media as it relates to these modes lifts on May 23.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 sparkdawg777 @ 05/19/11 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson

YES! We can change the division names (Leaders/Legends)

Haha, but seriously this is the most customizationd I've seen in NCAA. Great job EA!

I wonder if we'll be able to choose a playoff format for the league?

# 22 canes21 @ 05/19/11 01:19 PM
Hopefully we can change conferences mid dynasty to accurately reflect changes not in, but are happening in two years. Also, I hope now we can add TeamBuilder teams to conferences without replacing one of the other 120 teams in game.

I'm hoping that coaches at least take their schemes with them or have ratings. If the only new thing to happen is a team has a coach with a new name, but everything else remains, then it is a huge let down.

# 23 SeaOfRed75 @ 05/19/11 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerd02
I wonder if you can only pick the plays and not play? Is the coaching carousel only for be a coach mode or does it work if you are actually on the sticks as well.
Bingo. Is this a seperate "coach mode" only feature or does all of this apply to a Dynasty as well where we play the games, recruit, etc?

Not near as exciting for me if its only a coach mode feature where you call plays and the goal is to work from coordinator at a small school to HC at a big time program.

# 24 SlickRick11 @ 05/19/11 01:23 PM
This is a GREAT find and it looks amazing..... very impressed with all of the images on there..... people can nittpick this to death but this is a huge step and a positive..... immediately you can tell the depth dynasty is going to have

# 25 Dame @ 05/19/11 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfRed75
Bingo. Is this a seperate "coach mode" only feature or does all of this apply to a Dynasty as well where we play the games, recruit, etc?
It says it can be used in all modes so hopefully its not just in "coach mode"

# 26 dan_457 @ 05/19/11 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfRed75

Not near as exciting for me if its only a coach mode feature where you call plays and the goal is to work from coordinator at a small school to HC at a big time program.
I honestly don't think you're giving the Developers enough credit here. Besides, is Coach mode even an Actual mode? From what I've heard it just an option to call the plays, and have them run Automatically. Not a legitimate "mode".

# 27 Gotmadskillzson @ 05/19/11 01:28 PM
Yes dynasty now has an RPG element to it. Where as instead of automatically becoming the head coach of a school, you can work your way up. That would definitely add to how replay value. Because depending on how well you do, it could take years for you to land a HC job.

# 28 tylerd02 @ 05/19/11 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metallidevils
I am going to be severely disappointed if this is coach mode only.

I listened to the video a couple more times. They guys says you "play" only that side of the ball. I'm cautiously optimistic at this point and it looks like the carousel is in for the whole dynasty mode and not just some coach mode. It looks really cool. I could see playing as the DC getting annoying after a while if the offense calls dumb plays, just like playing defense on RTG. You could cut down on that with custom playbooks though, which would make it really cool to make your own system. I wonder if you would only be able to bring your custom play book for the side of the ball you play and then once you become head coach you "unlock" the option for whole playbook. EX: You are DC for Missouri, you have your custom play book which you call defense for but they still run the base Missouri offense instead of your custom offense.

I can't believe EA wanted this info released yet, i bet this was suppose to come May 23rd.

# 29 speedy43 @ 05/19/11 01:28 PM

# 30 Gotmadskillzson @ 05/19/11 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
I honestly don't think you're giving the Developers enough credit here. Besides, is Coach mode even an Actual mode? From what I've heard it just an option to call the plays, and have them run Automatically. Not a legitimate "mode".
Well in other games, it is an actual mode.....

# 31 SlickRick11 @ 05/19/11 01:29 PM
only thing left is if to see if they can add the playoffs option

# 32 georgiafan @ 05/19/11 01:29 PM
They are some great screenshots on the article

# 33 SlickRick11 @ 05/19/11 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy43
im very surprised george bush couldnt make this party

# 34 da ThRONe @ 05/19/11 01:31 PM
Thrilled but not the least bit surprised. I saw this one a mile away. Thanks EA for finally getting it.

# 35 The GIGGAS @ 05/19/11 01:32 PM

# 36 Cyros @ 05/19/11 01:36 PM
Quote:
I can't wait to see what this means for my online Dynasty with friends, but there are even more bells and whistles in that vein. Whereas last year I could go on the web at work and recruit players for my console-based team, this year I can go on and simulate games against the computer where I'm actually calling the shots. Rather than have to play the AI when I get home, I can play the game from my work PC -- pick plays and even sub in players. I can watch the on-screen dots (it looks like when you watch a football game on summary on ESPN.com) move down the field during conference calls and make progress for my Dynasty. The league commissioner can even advance the week via the web this year.
Big feature.

# 37 Dame @ 05/19/11 01:37 PM
NCAA Football 12 ScreenshotSee More NCAA Football 12 Screenshot at IGN.com

by this image I guess you can grow your coaching tree It shows how the previous OC is now the HC at PSU thats cool I wonder if they take your customized playbook with them to their new job or do they use a generic one

# 38 BallinVol @ 05/19/11 01:41 PM
With this added and seeing the not just the head coach is free to edit, but coordinators too, I wonder if they can be edited outside of dynasty? It would be great if so, but if not I guess I'll just have to create a template to start all my dyasties. I just hope I don't accidentally save over it or delete it.

# 39 Watson @ 05/19/11 01:42 PM
IMO the Conference Re-Alignment is bigger than the Carousel. We all knew CC was going to be in.

but anyway,

# 40 canes21 @ 05/19/11 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BallinVol
With this added and seeing the not just the head coach is free to edit, but coordinators too, I wonder if they can be edited outside of dynasty? It would be great if so, but if not I guess I'll just have to create a template to start all my dyasties. I just hope I don't accidentally save over it or delete it.
In the video is has a roster editor and a coach editor on the main menu.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.