Home
News Post

Casey Mosier of LeagueManager has posted some impressions of Madden NFL 12 from his time at EA Tiburon.

Quote:
"During my week in Orlando visiting EA Tiburon studio, I, along with other members of the Madden community, had the opportunity to get extensive play time on Madden NFL 12. At the end of the week, we each tallied up around 30 hours of play time amongst the different modes and features, Derek and I focused on game play improvements as well as offline "Franchise" mode. Now that Josh Looman has released the offline franchise improvements, I would like to take a little closer look at some of the new gameplay improvements as well as the offline franchise additions. In the following few passages I will go into further detail on the upgrades that have put Madden NFL 12 at the top of my list for "must have, day 1 purchases" for 2011."

Member Comments
# 121 Phobia @ 05/24/11 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcardcharlie
I can't believe anyone actually believes this. You guys really think they add as much as they possibly can, when the foundation of the game is already in place???

Other devs make ENTIRELY NEW GAMES in the span of a year, and you guys think they're actually doing EVERYTHING they possibly can to improve the game year to year, simply because they are adding things like expanded rosters?

I mean it is completely laughable you think that asking them to allow us to invite players to camp is too much.
Negative. Most Triple A titles are in development 3 to 5 years. So comparing a single year and acting like games are developed at the upper echelon with in a year is completely false. Even the amazing The Show and NBA2k11 had to take YEARS to get the foundation and all the little things.

Wanting a great product is one thing, but being completely unrealistic in your expectations is another.

# 122 dougdeuce @ 05/24/11 05:54 PM
Quote:
I can't believe anyone actually believes this. You guys really think they add as much as they possibly can, when the foundation of the game is already in place???

Other devs make ENTIRELY NEW GAMES in the span of a year, and you guys think they're actually doing EVERYTHING they possibly can to improve the game year to year, simply because they are adding things like expanded rosters?

I mean it is completely laughable you think that asking them to allow us to invite players to camp is too much.
I think "laughable" may be a little harsh. Do you really think the people designing this game are holding back because they don't think it's important? Really?

Or is it more likely that it's really difficult to do "everything" they want done. I'll bet everything on our wishlists is on theirs too. It actually makes me sick that people can be so cruel to each other just because you're hiding behind the anonymity of the computer.

It's not laughable, it's unfortunate... and entirely understandable. Madden 12 looks to be the best Madden we've had on the current gen consoles, and you don't have to appreciate that if you don't want to, but you don't have to be disrespectful either.

# 123 Smoke6 @ 05/24/11 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougdeuce
I think "laughable" may be a little harsh. Do you really think the people designing this game are holding back because they don't think it's important? Really?

Or is it more likely that it's really difficult to do "everything" they want done. I'll bet everything on our wishlists is on theirs too. It actually makes me sick that people can be so cruel to each other just because you're hiding behind the anonymity of the computer.

It's not laughable, it's unfortunate... and entirely understandable. Madden 12 looks to be the best Madden we've had on the current gen consoles, and you don't have to appreciate that if you don't want to, but you don't have to be disrespectful either.
TBH, i think its due to the fact that they wouldnt have anything to market if they included everything that consists of NFL football. How would that work for them when the previous installment was complete as can be?

It wouldnt work for them and they know it, they need something to draw us in every year and if the game was complete like we all want and expect, then you can definately expect more giimicks along the lines of what we had before that was quickly disposed of.

I dont think there would be a feature to justify the cost of admission then, if so, it better be like dynamic everything or something.

# 124 LorenzoDC @ 05/24/11 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptOhio
If you are being serious then thank you. although Derek does ALL the work I just write and do some technical support when applicable.
It's a troll posting from dynamic IP's pissed off at being banned several times.

Ignore.

# 125 TOmuch81 @ 05/24/11 08:03 PM
Script,

Thanks for all the info!
Was wondering if you know if there will be In Game Saves this year? I heard no, sadly...Can you shed any light on this?

# 126 Tecmo Bowl @ 05/24/11 08:07 PM
Quote:

I didn't say up being able to invite players to camp was too much. I said that EVERYTHING they put in this year, would make it very hard for them to fit that in. It's a small thing that I am sure will be added for M13. EA listens to us, No doubt it'll be in next year. So, enjoy this year and the bells and whistles.

# 127 Senator Palmer @ 05/24/11 10:11 PM
Hey Script,

I didn't see this asked anywhere, but how is the press coverage against the CPU? Last year, the CPU pressed waaaayyyy more often than in real life and it was over-the-top effective in completely stoning a receiver in his tracks at the line.

-Does the CPU still play press coverage with the high regularly of Madden 11?
-When they do, does the receiver still get stood up at the line of scrimmage?

Oh, and when you were on defense, did your RE get production against the CPU Left Tackle -- that is if you were running a 4-3?

# 128 FOREST007 @ 05/25/11 12:16 AM
Question(s): Can a player not have a hot or cold streak?

Example: If I run a pass-heavy offense, my RB won't get a lot of carries...and I rarely do drop-off passes. But I would consider my RB to be doing "just enough" for my team if he come through for me on 3rd and 2 and such. I wouldn't necessarily need him to average 4 yards a carry.

So my 2nd question would kind of tie into my first example, what is the DPP being compared to? If I'm run-heavy, would my QB suffer? Would my WRs suffer cause I thought it would be a great day to just take advantage of a weak front-7?

I'll admit, I'm kinda nit-picking because it sounds like it's going to be a great franchise mode, but I would hate to be let down again...

# 129 therealsmallville @ 05/25/11 04:10 PM
Hey Script,

There was a community day member from another site that said "owner mode" was back in (referring, I'd guess, to setting ticket prices and such for financial stuff). However, I don't think this has been mentioned in any of the franchise blogs ( at least, I personally haven't seen it).

Can you confirm if this has made it back in or not?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.