Home
Madden 12 News Post

A fresh infusion of talent by way of the NFL draft is the surest way your favorite team can build for the future. Why do you think we always debate the top draft classes and not the top free agency classes of all time? We get excited adding rookies to Madden NFL 12 too. Rather than tweaking and adjusting ratings for the same old veterans we get to build new guys from scratch, projecting how they’ll transition to the pro game. If only their coaches could do that.

Today we’re looking at top rated rookie wide receivers in Madden NFL 12. Like strikers in soccer, wide receivers are the glory position in the NFL and there always seems to be a rookie that can make a huge impact on his new team. Last year, Tampa Bay’s Mike Williams shushed all doubters with 11 touchdown catches and 900+ yards receiving. While his ratings in Madden NFL 12 will be much higher, maybe you can figure out which one of these rookies can be a consistent threat in your passing attack.

10. Greg Salas - STL - 66 OVR

9. Titus Young - DET - 67 OVR

8. Leonard Hankerson - WAS - 67 OVR

7. Vincent Brown - SD - 68 OVR

6. Torrey Smith - BAL - 69 OVR

5. Greg Little - CLE - 70 OVR

4. Randall Cobb - GB - 70 OVR

3. Jonathan Baldwin - KC - 71 OVR

2. Julio Jones - ATL - 78 OVR

1. A.J. Green - CIN - 80 OVR

The Julio Jones-to-Atlanta draft trade takes on new meaning when there’s a number assigned to the rookie receiver, doesn’t it? And Cleveland still has a Top 5 –according to Madden NFL 12—rookie receiver in Greg Little to show for it. And let’s not forget how Jonathan Baldwin ended up in Kansas City with the Chiefs sneaking into the 26th overall pick when they came into the draft owning the 27th pick. It seems like wide receivers get all the NFL attention even before they catch their first touchdowns.

Remember we’ll be consistently updating all rosters and all players during the 2011 NFL season, so these lists are just a starting point. Keep it here for more on Madden NFL 12 rookies, ratings and info.

Source: Madden NFL 12 Rookie Ratings - Top Ten Wide Receivers

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Atomic Martian @ 07/20/11 10:02 AM
The packers are so deep its not fair... Really need to see the player skill attributes though.

# 2 rich7sena @ 07/20/11 10:04 AM
I'm happy to see Greg Little get some love. He's got first round talent.

# 3 angels eclipse7 @ 07/20/11 10:06 AM
I think Young looks a point low and Vincent Brown looks a little high.

# 4 Roncatto @ 07/20/11 11:04 AM
If Julio's CIT rating is not too poor, that could be pretty savage WR core to play with along with Rodgers the scat back.

Agree Titus Young is a touch low. I thought maybe 69.

# 5 Uncle Way @ 07/20/11 11:42 AM
Hankerson should be like a 75..

His senior year and senior bowl performance showed pretty convincingly that he was one of(if no the) best WR of the draft.. Shocked he fell so low in the draft, but thankful he did.. Julio and AJ green definitely had more hype coming into the draft, so I'm fine with them being rated higher for now.. No one else should be though

His spectacular catch rating better be pretty high

# 6 angels eclipse7 @ 07/20/11 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Way

His senior year and senior bowl performance showed pretty convincingly that he was one of(if no the) best WR of the draft.. Shocked he fell so low in the draft, but thankful he did.. Julio and AJ green definitely had more hype coming into the draft, so I'm fine with them being rated higher for now.. No one else should be though

Hankerson is good but 75 is almost Julio Jones/AJ Green good and Hankerson is not that good. I would put Cobb and Little above Hankerson.

# 7 brettmickey @ 07/20/11 12:07 PM
Quote:

Haha I think you have b****** about every rating coming out that pertains to the Redskins. There is NO WAY he should have convinced you that he is the best WR of the draft. I am very sure that if he wasn't a Redskin you wouldn't have such a huge man crush for him. Geez some of the homers on here amaze me...

# 8 Uncle Way @ 07/20/11 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by angels eclipse7
Hankerson is good but 75 is almost Julio Jones/AJ Green good and Hankerson is not that good. I would put Cobb and Little above Hankerson.
I'm fine with Julio and A.J. being rated higher.. And I like Greg Little.l He's one hell of a receiver and I'm sure he'll do fine in the league. Whether he's better than Hankerson is debatable..

I definitely know for sure Hankerson is a better WR than Randall Cobb though... Cobb is more of a Percy Harvin/Reggie Bush "do it all" type player than he is a WR.. Unfortunately for him, he doesn't have their speed or elusiveness.. I'm sure he'll put up decent #'s in GB since that offense is sooo stacked.. Guarantee he won't put up #'s anywhere near close to what Hankerson and Little do during their career...

# 9 ROSStafarian @ 07/20/11 12:40 PM
Quote:

This, he is correct. Being a ACC football fan I got to see tons of Mr. Hankerson and let me say I think he will be better then both Jones and Green. Bold statement yes, but after seeing this guy and what he was able to put together at Miami, I know his the best receiver in the draft and will have the best stats out of these three guys.

Edit: This guy also broke all kinds of records at Miami; he had 13 TD's in 2010 breaking Michael Irvin's record and the first to have 2,000 yards for a career and 1,000 yards in a season and also Owns single-season receiving totals in UM history with 1,156, passing Andre Johnson (2002-1,092)

Pretty good names to be mentioned with if you ask me.

# 10 Uncle Way @ 07/20/11 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettmickey
Haha I think you have b****** about every rating coming out that pertains to the Redskins. There is NO WAY he should have convinced you that he is the best WR of the draft. I am very sure that if he wasn't a Redskin you wouldn't have such a huge man crush for him. Geez some of the homers on here amaze me...
You're right.. I have... It's not like it's unwarranted though.. Let someone else take up the torch for the other 31 teams and I'll continue to make the case for my Skins..

It's not like I'm delusional though.. I understand that the Skins are not one of the better teams in the league, and for now, I'm fine with that.. However, we did have one of the best drafts of any team, a fact that has not been illustrated in the rookies' ratings released thus far.

If Laron Landry, Cooley, Orakpo, London Fletcher and DeAngelo Hall aren't given the proper respect when their respective ratings are released, I'll be back on the board complaining again.. I'm only calling it like I see.. We're grossly underrated each year and it would be nice if that wasn't the case in '12..

# 11 CM Hooe @ 07/20/11 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROSStafarian
This, he is correct. Being a ACC football fan I got to see tons of Mr. Hankerson and let me say I think he will be better then both Jones and Green. Bold statement yes, but after seeing this guy and what he was able to put together at Miami, I know his the best receiver in the draft and will have the best stats out of these three guys.
Quote:

Fellow ACC football fan here, and Hankerson isn't nearly the athletic specimen that either Green or Jones are, not to mention he wasn't nearly as productive in college as either Jones or Green. There's a reason those two both went much higher in the draft (and thus why they are both rated higher in Madden), and it's not because 31 of the 32 NFL franchises' draft staffs, as well as Donny Moore (who does the ratings for Madden), are idiots.

# 12 MDTerps94 @ 07/20/11 12:50 PM
wow chooe you say he isnt nearly as athletic speciman. really do some research dude. Hankerson has 11 inch hands from bottom to top of middle finger. THe biggest in rookie class and biggest in nfl. He is definately going to be better than julio. green is very good i could see him being better. I am an ACC and Redskins fan. I could see Hankerson being a 70 or 71 that would have been more fair. Also his spec ctch should be in high 80s at least. Go look at some video of him. Only problem so far was that roy helu wasnt on top 10 rookie HBs. That really dissapointed me.

# 13 brettmickey @ 07/20/11 01:08 PM
Quote:
You're right.. I have... It's not like it's unwarranted though.. Let someone else take up the torch for the other 31 teams and I'll continue to make the case for my Skins..

It's not like I'm delusional though.. I understand that the Skins are not one of the better teams in the league, and for now, I'm fine with that.. However, we did have one of the best drafts of any team, a fact that has not been illustrated in the rookies' ratings released thus far.

If Laron Landry, Cooley, Orakpo, London Fletcher and DeAngelo Hall aren't given the proper respect when their respective ratings are released, I'll be back on the board complaining again.. I'm only calling it like I see.. We're grossly underrated each year and it would be nice if that wasn't the case in '12..

Ok I can respect that. I think I'm in the same boat with some of the players on the Bills so I can see where some of it comes from. FWIW they just announced team overalls in the AFC East and the Bills have a 73 overall (only 2 more overall points than where they finished last season). Now it's my turn to be pissed haha

# 14 stp240 @ 07/20/11 01:29 PM
The Redskins have been underrated for a long time. Even the playoff teams of 05 and 07.

Madden 11 ratings that are complete BS

Brandon Banks- Speed = 96 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbG_Xx8f7YI

Mike Sellers- Trucking = 86 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWWIBUbRD-I

London Fletcher- Hit Power = 88 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sh16xeNihDY&feature=related

If Hankerson was not a Redskins, theres not doubt that he would be higher on that list.

# 15 RedZoneD25 @ 07/20/11 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDTerps94
wow chooe you say he isnt nearly as athletic speciman. really do some research dude. Hankerson has 11 inch hands from bottom to top of middle finger. THe biggest in rookie class and biggest in nfl. He is definately going to be better than julio. green is very good i could see him being better. I am an ACC and Redskins fan. I could see Hankerson being a 70 or 71 that would have been more fair. Also his spec ctch should be in high 80s at least. Go look at some video of him. Only problem so far was that roy helu wasnt on top 10 rookie HBs. That really dissapointed me.
What exactly does this have to do with athleticism?

# 16 Palo20 @ 07/20/11 01:36 PM
Quote:

Deangelo Hall is not good. I like Landry, Orakpo and Fletcher, they're 88-90 type players. Cooley is not an elite TE. He's good.

How is a team that has been bottom third in the league underrated?

# 17 stp240 @ 07/20/11 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stp240
The Redskins have been underrated for a long time. Even the playoff teams of 05 and 07.

Madden 11 ratings that are complete BS

Brandon Banks- Speed = 96 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbG_Xx8f7YI

Mike Sellers- Trucking = 86 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWWIBUbRD-I

London Fletcher- Hit Power = 88 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sh16xeNihDY&feature=related

If Hankerson was not a Redskins, theres not doubt that he would be higher on that list.
Hankerson - Career Receiving: 134 Rec, 2160 Yds, 16.1 Avg, 22 TD

Jones - Career Receiving: 179 Rec, 2653 Yds, 14.8 Avg, 15 TD

Green - Career Receiving: 166 Rec, 2619 Yds, 15.8 Avg, 23 TD

# 18 RedZoneD25 @ 07/20/11 01:43 PM
Quote:
That is your opinion, though I do see where it comes from. Every time I see Eagles draft stuff on TV, they talk about Casey Matthews being a reach pick...but I know if the Giants had picked him, they would have been giving the pick an A++ grade. Hankerson isn't bad, but he's an unproven rookie. I don't like seeing guys get past 75 as their original OVR, because there's no basis. Everybody starts back at 0 as a rookie.

# 19 Palo20 @ 07/20/11 01:51 PM
Quote:
Hankerson - Career Receiving: 134 Rec, 2160 Yds, 16.1 Avg, 22 TD

Jones - Career Receiving: 179 Rec, 2653 Yds, 14.8 Avg, 15 TD

Green - Career Receiving: 166 Rec, 2619 Yds, 15.8 Avg, 23 TD
There is so much wrong with comparing players' college stats.

Freddie Barnes had 140 rec just in 2009. He's probably better than all of those guys.

# 20 angels eclipse7 @ 07/20/11 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by R0M0mentum09
Landry isn't good either (http://youtu.be/kKWqYBB7oqo)

Cooley is far past his 'prime'

DeAngelo Halls madden rating is super inflated simply because he had some interceptions, but interceptions are everything. He was top 3 for yards, catches and touchdowns given up by a defensive back with enough reps to qualify.

What's the original poster gonna ask for next, Rex Grossman to have a boost?. . . .
Landry isn't good? Cooley isn't far past his prime... probably still deserves at least an 85 rating.

Also, you guys might be forgetting the signing of Atogwe... probably the most underrated free agent signing this year. Him and Landry are going to be a mighty good safety combo.

edit: Just watched the video. Good link and good argument against Landry. I still think the guy is pretty good (probably will be overrated in Madden) but he still probably deserves at least an 87 or something around there.

double edit: that video was uploaded in March 2010... last season was really the season Landry broke out on a pro bowl level. Landry is still good in my book and deserves a rating of 87-90.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.