Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

Lost in the NCAA Football 12 Title Update #3 announcement, released earlier today, EA Sports and the NCAA Football 12 team have stated they are working on title update #4.

Quote:
We'd also like to announce that the team is currently working on a fourth title update and we will announce details at a later date.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 fistofrage @ 10/08/11 01:00 AM
Please fix the AI trying ridiculously long FG's on Heisman, it really takes away from the game when I am left shaking my head what seems like once a quarter.

# 42 baden @ 10/08/11 03:00 AM
My top five:
1. Recruit Tendencies.
2. Freezing during recruiting. Had three of them tonight.
3. Heismen AI attempting 60+ yard field goals.
4. Make sure each slider is working as attended.
5. Fix the revo speed face mask as they sit too low and they are not even attached to the helmet.

Thanks for the hard work with fixing the game. I am enjoying it.

# 43 Bufftigerbear @ 10/08/11 04:13 AM
This is ridiculous. A 4th patch?! When will this be released, bowl week? We're about half way through the season and OD still doesn't work correctly! Join the movement.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/165347216886243/

# 44 Clonefan84 @ 10/08/11 04:45 AM
don't forget everyone, last year had 4 patches too. Game was pretty solid after that 4th patch, plus they still put a lot of time into this years game, as I believe it's much better than last year's game, and I enjoyed last years.

# 45 grismosw @ 10/08/11 07:21 AM
Didn't Ben basically promise us they'd actually use tuners this year? I guess he was kidding. Silly guy.

# 46 jjsmitty34 @ 10/08/11 10:05 AM
I really hope they look into the Depth Chart Problem...

# 47 Solidice @ 10/08/11 10:13 AM
though I'm no fan of the issues in the game either, I just don't see how so many people think 4 patches is a strange or new thing in video games. I guess you guys never played any PC games before.

# 48 Dolfanjoe @ 10/08/11 10:24 AM
[quote=baden;2042957819]My top five:

3. Heismen AI attempting 60+ yard field goals.

This is my MOST wanted fix. I enjoy playing CPU vs CPU games, and heisman is where it plays best, IMHO, and this bug is what's keeping it almost unplayable.

Please EA, Fix this!

# 49 K0ZZ @ 10/08/11 10:31 AM
No it's EA. They are going to receive a lot more flak for things than other developers.

I really didn't want to play that card, but checking out reviews for NBA 2K12 where they said that association was basically the same thing as last year. If that was EA, they would be getting blasted, but 2K12 got a 'oh well'. (Not saying 2K12 is a bad game, I loved 2K11. I'll pick up 12 on BF at the earliest)

EA receives a lot more crap than other developers do. They probably should since they are the '#1' in that department (overall, not individually). I'm tired of the issues with this game and I may be done playing it for a while, but seeing the direction of other EA games, I'm pretty hopeful they have a new engine in the works. I have a gut feeling that's the case, a lot of the patch fixes have been more for basic database info, rather than on the game play end, which makes me feel like they are in a faint way neglecting it because they are working on something new.

Anyways, I hope they fix the things that are left, the big glaring issues are gone, obviously there are things that need to be fixed but it isn't horrible as people make it sound, people toss the word Gamebreaking around too simply.

At least EA is putting out a fourth patch to get this game where it should be (Even though the third was basically 2.1).

They proved me wrong and I can appreciate it, it may have gotten me to buy next year once the bugs are out there.

# 50 Solidice @ 10/08/11 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychicDB
It's true that many PC games release several patches, but what these patches actually do is completely different.

Most PC games(good ones anyway) have nearly all the big issues fixed before the game is released, and any that aren't are fixed in the first patch. Then minor bugs or balance tweaks will be fixed in the next couple patches as they are found. They usually do not (a) introduce NEW gamebreaking glitches, (b) leave broken parts of the game everyone complains about intact(i.e. psychic cpu). Usually with a (good) PC game the game is at least 95% perfect by the second patch.
If most PC games have nearly all the big issues fixed before release, then why do most have a day 1 patch? and then still have many issues? and FWIW, some PC patches usually end up being bigger fixing more things than console games typically.

I'm not sure how the NCAA patches are different than PC patches. they both are fixing and/or tuning the game in an attempt to make it "better".

also, if your going to include psychic DB as "broken", then there are a lot of "broken" PC games out there. I would comment about the random 95% perfect stat, but it's no use.

# 51 coreyeversole12 @ 10/08/11 11:05 AM
NCAA 2013 dynasty needs to have 3 games a year that you can pick to be college gameday!!!

# 52 DJ @ 10/08/11 12:20 PM
If it addresses the Tendency bug, then I'll be happy. With no-huddle fixed, I'm pretty well set with this game now.

# 53 steelernation28 @ 10/08/11 01:40 PM
Thank you, please fix this game. Fix option D in zone!

# 54 LionsFanNJ @ 10/08/11 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychicDB
It's true that many PC games release several patches, but what these patches actually do is completely different.

Most PC games(good ones anyway) have nearly all the big issues fixed before the game is released, and any that aren't are fixed in the first patch. Then minor bugs or balance tweaks will be fixed in the next couple patches as they are found. They usually do not (a) introduce NEW gamebreaking glitches, (b) leave broken parts of the game everyone complains about intact(i.e. psychic cpu). Usually with a (good) PC game the game is at least 95% perfect by the second patch.
You really REALLY don't know PC gaming as well as you think you do just to prove your point.

# 55 johnmorrow @ 10/08/11 02:02 PM
They need to do something about the super line backers. Im getting tired of having a wide open receiver and out of know where a line back comes and swats the ball away. The CB and S have a magical power to pick off the most incredible passes but drop the ones that hit them in the chest. Come on EA do something to make the people that play the game happy.

# 56 jwmcards @ 10/08/11 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagopax
No it's EA. They are going to receive a lot more flak for things than other developers.

I really didn't want to play that card, but checking out reviews for NBA 2K12 where they said that association was basically the same thing as last year. If that was EA, they would be getting blasted, but 2K12 got a 'oh well'. (Not saying 2K12 is a bad game, I loved 2K11. I'll pick up 12 on BF at the earliest)

EA receives a lot more crap than other developers do. They probably should since they are the '#1' in that department (overall, not individually). I'm tired of the issues with this game and I may be done playing it for a while, but seeing the direction of other EA games, I'm pretty hopeful they have a new engine in the works. I have a gut feeling that's the case, a lot of the patch fixes have been more for basic database info, rather than on the game play end, which makes me feel like they are in a faint way neglecting it because they are working on something new.

Anyways, I hope they fix the things that are left, the big glaring issues are gone, obviously there are things that need to be fixed but it isn't horrible as people make it sound, people toss the word Gamebreaking around too simply.

At least EA is putting out a fourth patch to get this game where it should be (Even though the third was basically 2.1).

They proved me wrong and I can appreciate it, it may have gotten me to buy next year once the bugs are out there.
I can almost agree with that, but EA's track record as far as football goes has been mediocre the last few years. NBA 2K didn't really need to change a ton of stuff within the franchise/association mode as most of it already worked really well. Lots of promises from EA on the Madden franchise mode & the online dynasties in NCAA this year and we're still waiting.

And honestly, I think a lot of the bad rep that EA gets is probably overblown, but it seems bigger because most of the criticism lies within the sports genre, which is obviously the theme of this place. And then some companies bring on the bad rep all by themselves (Activision says hello).

I think it's great they are releasing a fourth title update, but, like everyone else, it makes me wonder about making all the promises about tuning updates this year. I'd guess either the tuners can't fix what's wrong, or they (EA) don't have them working right on their side. That would be my guess for the online dynasty website as well. And Teambuilder '12, which looks strikingly familiar to 11.

# 57 prizzice_35 @ 10/08/11 06:01 PM
Seems real simple to me fix ****** f.g's by cpu and fix the freezing issue in Online Dynasty. Only reason 80% of people buy this game instead of madden is because of the Online Dynasty which was great the past 2 years but this year it is downright unplayable. Ive played 20+ ranked games and had no disconnextions or freezes. In only 2 years of a 12 team online dynsaty 5 0f my 7 user games have had to be simmed due to freezing glitch & the same goes for the other 11 guys.

# 58 igolfbad @ 10/08/11 07:21 PM
Maybe Patch #4 will fix the spelling and grammar of many of the OS posters.

(removes tongue from cheek)

# 59 Buckeye Country @ 10/08/11 07:31 PM
What about the Depth Chart issue? Is there a problem this year with the CPU depth chart in offline dynasty? I haven't been able to finish one season yet due to the problems with this game. Still screwin with sliders.

# 60 Herky @ 10/09/11 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpain2345
fix custom playbooks
fix pass trajectory
fix psychic DBs
fix tendencies
fix option off/def
I'll add these to the wish list as well.

fix coach progression
fix grass texture during gameplay
fix custom sounds so they fade out like they should

A tuner would be nice as well any day now.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.