Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

NCAA Football 12 title update #4 details have been revealed and will be available on November 8th.

Hey Everyone, Ben Haumiller here with the announcement that Title Update #4 is targeted to be available on Tuesday, November 8th. Here are the details on what's included in Title Update #4:

Online Desync fix

We've fixed a desync that was occurring when performing pre-play adjustments from the 3-4 Under defensive formation.

Road to Glory

We've fixed an issue with the playcalling AI where running plays were called too often in situations where a passing play should be called. This was most noticeable when trailing late in a game with a running back RTG character.

Online Dynasty – Transfer Failed

There are a few different issues that are causing Transfer Failed notifications in Online Dynasties. The majority of people ran into this error when attempting to upload data (i.e. game result, recruiting info, etc.). The fix for this issue involved more than we could do on the server side alone, and that fix is included in this Title Update. There will also be a server deployment necessary to complete the fix for these Transfer Failed issues. At this time, it looks like that server deployment will happen shortly after the Title Update is available. Once we know the exact date of the deployment we will be sure to pass the info along.

As for the remaining Transfer Failed issues, we are continuing to investigate server side fixes for these issues.

This concludes what will be included in Title Update #4. Due to additional gameplay risk involved to fix issues related to prospect tendencies in Dynasty mode, we’ve decided to forego addressing via a Title Update. To provide a little background on the tendencies issue, there are some portions of the game that convert a value to get the correct tendency, while other portions do not make this conversion. We were able to fix the tendency issue in the portions of the game that do the conversions through the Title Update, however fixing the other instances would require modification of database data, stored procedures, and code. Rather than risk the potential for this fix to cause other major data issues in Dynasty mode, the decision has been made to apply the proper fix in NCAA Football 13. Thank you for all of your support throughout the year.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 uclabruins4ever @ 10/31/11 02:33 PM
hahaha
Never again EA sports...never again

Many others will be fooled again next year but not me

# 42 TarHeelPhenom @ 10/31/11 02:33 PM
This has been a bad sports year for EA period. FNC was a travesty. NBA Elite was so outclassed and horrible that they didn't even release it at all! NCAA has more bugs than a hot summer day in the south at 7pm in the evening...and Madden did nothing for OD. They can get away with this mess for every game they make EXCEPT pro basketball...why??? Because they got competition that's kicking off in they hindpots! If there was only there was competition in football.

# 43 LionsFanNJ @ 10/31/11 02:43 PM
I'm not going to front. I'll be right there getting 13 next year. Most likely i'll be trading 12 in at that time. I like the game enough to keep it. First i can say of that in a long time. Plus Its not the only game i'm playing, NBA 2k, Madden, Batman, Dark Souls and BF 3 are all getting playing time so i rotate it in and out. Not to mention some older titles i throw in every so often.

After dealing with the bugfests that are PC and Bethesda games I'm not really stressing. Sad to see there's no gameplay tweaks in the update, nor any news of a stand alone Tuner.

# 44 mkharsh33 @ 10/31/11 02:46 PM
This game will continue to be released with bugs EVERY year. As long as the $$$$$$$$ is flowing in, they'll just throw a few bones out there for us hard-core types, all the while knowing that 9 year old kid and his buddies don't give a rip about reality. See: Toys-R-Us.

# 45 tarheelguy4736 @ 10/31/11 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
I'm not going to front. I'll be right there getting 13 next year. Most likely i'll be trading 12 in at that time. I like the game enough to keep it. First i can say of that in a long time. Plus Its not the only game i'm playing, NBA 2k, Madden, Batman, Dark Souls and BF 3 are all getting playing time so i rotate it in and out. Not to mention some older titles i throw in every so often.

After dealing with the bugfests that are PC and Bethesda games I'm not really stressing. Sad to see there's no gameplay tweaks in the update, nor any news of a stand alone Tuner.
Yea I am with you. The game is a good game. There are some excellent ideas going in to the game but some of the execution just isn't there and some things are just getting left out that should be in the game. Ive enjoyed the game, but I just have been disappointed with the production team and how they have handled this years game as far as patches and communication with the public.

# 46 kizurnel @ 10/31/11 02:56 PM
haha 4th update and they still havent fixed the transfer failed issue? kinda sad.. idk how many of you are still tryin to play this game but my entire group of dynasty mates have already traded this garbage in and moved on the nba2k12.. and i dont plan on purchasing ncaa 13 solely because of the poor communication by EA.. yall let me know how it is tho..

# 47 BigDuke @ 10/31/11 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElite3
I've read through that thread and even posted in that thread numerous times. And yet there's still confusion of what the bug actually is.

# 48 blkrptnt819 @ 10/31/11 03:09 PM
At least they told us what they was fixing.

# 49 Tennessee @ 10/31/11 03:21 PM
Haha what a joke.

# 50 jhempel.msre @ 10/31/11 03:23 PM
I'm so glad I decided to sell my copy on eBay last week before I had the news on the #4 update. I was certain that once the news came out on the update, it would do absolutely nothing to change my mind from bailing out on this game..... and EA came through precisely as I had predicted. In fact, the news on the #4 update makes me elated to know that there are still suckers out there on eBay who are willing to pay $40 (my final auction price) for this pile of garbage.

# 51 edaddy @ 10/31/11 03:26 PM
"the decision has been made to apply the proper fix in NCAA FOOTBALL 13"..Wow just wow..I don't get it with EA shouldnt the focus have been to apply the proper fix now for NCAA 12?..Guess that's all she wrote folks!!..LOl

# 52 BigDuke @ 10/31/11 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElite3
I am just as confused as you my man.. but according to this: http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/spor...d=m-1-60369346

the tendencies switch when the recruit joins the team. so if you recruit a balanced QB, his tendency will switch to scrambler when he joins the team. Luckily, I only play one year of my dynasty, because that issue seems pretty nasty.
Thanks for posting that link. I hadn't read it before.

I won't know until I actually start my dynasty and see for myself, but it seems like the true answer is:

1) Only affects incoming recruits after they join the team. I'm guessing all the existing players don't change, including recruits from prior dynasty year's classes. So if I "edit" a recruit back to his original tendency, it will stick through each following dynasty season until he graduates. Meaning it will not change back to the wrong tendency each season.

2) Certain tendencies per position get changed to a different tendency. Editing the recruit changes their tendency back to the correct, original one. (And hopefully this change is permanently saved).

3) Only affects played games, not simmed games.

4) I'm still of the opinion that the only position this is truly noticeable and matters is QB.

# 53 Keyser Soze @ 10/31/11 04:42 PM
the problem now is that there is never a "safe time to buy" because with patches EA can take something that works and BREAK it well after release... so even if you wait a month, that protects you from NOTHING if you want to play online at all.

# 54 jyoung @ 10/31/11 04:50 PM
NCAA 12 release date -- July 12

Online dynasty allegedly becomes playable with the transfer failed fix -- November 8

Sorry, but consumers should not have to wait four months after release for a major feature in a game to work.

Imagine the uproar that would happen if Modern Warfare 3's online features didn't work at all for four months lol

# 55 Goldmember2 @ 10/31/11 05:09 PM
i've been waiting for this update to happen and have been patient with this game. I'm taking it to best buy for a trade in towards uncharted 3. I've had it.

# 56 Herky @ 10/31/11 05:31 PM
What a garbage patch. This game has so much potential to.

Where are the tuner updates?

# 57 Aranor @ 10/31/11 05:37 PM
Ben Hamburger and his team wanted to move on to 13 since it was "too hard" to fix.

# 58 Gotmadskillzson @ 10/31/11 05:53 PM
Obviously the roster glitch was just the tip of the iceberg that showed how flawed the coding was for 12. Just had a domino effect that brought NCAA 12 crashing down.

Sad day for a programmer when your code is so bad that you can't even add stuff to it without making it crash even more. Coding is like building a house, you have to have a good foundation to build on.

NCAA 12 coding wasn't good, which is why they can't add anything to it since it is barely hanging on now. Come next year, I don't want to hear anything about HDR lighting, mascots, animals, cars, band sections, 3D grass......none of that fluff stuff.

All I want to hear about is what they FIXED for GAMEPLAY. Talk about nothing but GAMEPLAY.

See I knew it was a bad sign when the 1st thing we heard about NCAA 12 they were asking for band locations pictures back in March. But did people believe me back then ? No...they thought I was over reacting, gameplay will come later and it will be good.

Well folks......end of October and gameplay will be addressed NEXT YEAR.

# 59 blkrptnt819 @ 10/31/11 05:59 PM
I see why everyone here is so angry now.

# 60 Purplepower_NC @ 10/31/11 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Obviously the roster glitch was just the tip of the iceberg that showed how flawed the coding was for 12. Just had a domino effect that brought NCAA 12 crashing down.

Sad day for a programmer when your code is so bad that you can't even add stuff to it without making it crash even more. Coding is like building a house, you have to have a good foundation to build on.

NCAA 12 coding wasn't good, which is why they can't add anything to it since it is barely hanging on now. Come next year, I don't want to hear anything about HDR lighting, mascots, animals, cars, band sections, 3D grass......none of that fluff stuff.

All I want to hear about is what they FIXED for GAMEPLAY. Talk about nothing but GAMEPLAY.

See I knew it was a bad sign when the 1st thing we heard about NCAA 12 they were asking for band locations pictures back in March. But did people believe me back then ? No...they thought I was over reacting, gameplay will come later and it will be good.

Well folks......end of October and gameplay will be addressed NEXT YEAR.
Well Skillz, with your suggested roster edits, I am getting a very good game in offline mode. True, there are still some things that even roster edits, sliders, can't fix, but have learned to deal with it. Also agree that gameplay needs to be #1.

I still would suggest that people at least try the game with the edits.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.