Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

NCAA Football 12 title update #4 details have been revealed and will be available on November 8th.

Hey Everyone, Ben Haumiller here with the announcement that Title Update #4 is targeted to be available on Tuesday, November 8th. Here are the details on what's included in Title Update #4:

Online Desync fix

We've fixed a desync that was occurring when performing pre-play adjustments from the 3-4 Under defensive formation.

Road to Glory

We've fixed an issue with the playcalling AI where running plays were called too often in situations where a passing play should be called. This was most noticeable when trailing late in a game with a running back RTG character.

Online Dynasty – Transfer Failed

There are a few different issues that are causing Transfer Failed notifications in Online Dynasties. The majority of people ran into this error when attempting to upload data (i.e. game result, recruiting info, etc.). The fix for this issue involved more than we could do on the server side alone, and that fix is included in this Title Update. There will also be a server deployment necessary to complete the fix for these Transfer Failed issues. At this time, it looks like that server deployment will happen shortly after the Title Update is available. Once we know the exact date of the deployment we will be sure to pass the info along.

As for the remaining Transfer Failed issues, we are continuing to investigate server side fixes for these issues.

This concludes what will be included in Title Update #4. Due to additional gameplay risk involved to fix issues related to prospect tendencies in Dynasty mode, we’ve decided to forego addressing via a Title Update. To provide a little background on the tendencies issue, there are some portions of the game that convert a value to get the correct tendency, while other portions do not make this conversion. We were able to fix the tendency issue in the portions of the game that do the conversions through the Title Update, however fixing the other instances would require modification of database data, stored procedures, and code. Rather than risk the potential for this fix to cause other major data issues in Dynasty mode, the decision has been made to apply the proper fix in NCAA Football 13. Thank you for all of your support throughout the year.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 Crimsontide27 @ 11/02/11 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychicDB
It would help if game reviewers wouldn't just take a quick look at the new 3d grass/dreads/mascot mashup/pee stains and automatically give it a high rating instead of actually taking a closer look at it. Even OS gave it an 8.5 and doesn't even mention "transfer failed." How bad would it look for Hamburger and co. if they got horrible press and all these game magazines came out rating it 4.5/10, 5/10 etc. and calling it a bug-filled mess?
I wouldnt ever expect reviews here or on other fansites to ever really represent what the game is. Truth of the matter is that not only this fansite, but others as well, have brought employment opportunities to those that run the websites with EA.

One of EAs greatest assets is the hype machine they can create and they do it very well.

# 142 fistofrage @ 11/02/11 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychicDB
It would help if game reviewers wouldn't just take a quick look at the new 3d grass/dreads/mascot mashup/pee stains and automatically give it a high rating instead of actually taking a closer look at it. Even OS gave it an 8.5 and doesn't even mention "transfer failed." How bad would it look for Hamburger and co. if they got horrible press and all these game magazines came out rating it 4.5/10, 5/10 etc. and calling it a bug-filled mess?
I think a review score of 4.5 could easily be justified. Take a point away for each major area that is broken or glitched and then deduct points for the game feeling stale and lack of innovation and there you have it.

Most review places including OS could write their review for NCAA 2013 right now and it would come in at a solid 8.5. Thats basically the standard, if you put it the tray and it fires up, its getting at minimum an 8.

# 143 Big Mocephus @ 11/02/11 05:45 PM
I can't say what losses EA will sustain for this turd pile of a product next year but I know that I have pre-ordered for years and I absolutely will not be doing that for NCAA13. I am taking a wait and see how broken it is approach. NCAA11 was not ideal but at least it worked NCAA12 is a disaster.

# 144 JahMarLen @ 11/02/11 05:50 PM
WOW...Last NCAA title I'll be grabbing. What a bunch of BS!

# 145 Buckeye Country @ 11/02/11 06:00 PM
Thanks EA!

# 146 TurboTitan @ 11/02/11 08:02 PM
EA made the decision fairly easy for me next year. Absolutely NO CHANCE I will pre-order or go through my usual "get it early" adventures. What a shame. After playing the master piece that is NBA 2k12, I can't help but feel sick at the thought of what they could be accomplishing right now with a collegiate and NFL license. I don't think I have ever actually heard a company flat out say "our product is so broken, in so many ways, that we can't fix it till next year when we ask you for ANOTHER $60". Crazy.

# 147 jerryrice4949 @ 11/03/11 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
I am suprised more people aren't focusing on the fact that EA said they aren't going to patch the game in needed areas because it may break other things.

So EA has basically said:
1. They are incompetent and do not understand their own code. or
2. Screw you fans, we aren't going to fix our broken product, now start saving up for NCAA 2013.

I honestly think its both. They don't want to invest the time to do it right understand the effects of changes and make the features work as advertised, but expect their doormat sheep fans to line up next year to buy this garbage.

I never thought I would say this, but I hope they cancel the NCAA series in hopes of a new developer emerging in a couple years.
I am surprised at your hyperbole. I am very disappointed in this game. After a solid 2011 version I thought this would be the year it goes from average to very good. Instead it turned into a sack of crap.

That being said I don't think the developers were saying either of the two things you listed. They have piled crappy code on top of code on top of code. You can't remove code with a patch so all they could hope to do is throw some more junk on top with another patch to fix tendencies. That is a recipe for disaster.

I will not pre-order next year and will wait and see before I decide to buy. I bought Madden every year from 1988 until 2007 and never bought it again because it is crap. I will do so with NCAA too if they don't get their crap together. I have a life and other hobbies. I will take a wait and see approach for 2013 before buying.

# 148 Herky @ 11/03/11 08:59 AM
I bought NCAA the Friday it came out and have finished 1 dynasty. Then I waited for all the patches to come out hoping the tendency thing would be fixed, that coaching progression worked, and some minor gameplay changes were fixed. I also thought more than one tuner updated would be released.

Here we are in November and none of that has been fixed. I just bought Madden on Monday after hearing the latest patch was decent. I also waiting on MLB2k11 and NBA2k11 until their patches came out before I purchased.

I used to be a 1st day buyer of all the NCAA and Madden but that slowly has changed. Now I will do what I did with Madden and the 2k games and wait until their patches have been released.

I am so ticked that I got this game in July and haven't even been able to enjoy it like I want to. Even more upset that I sat on it waiting for patches and tuners that never came. I was fine waiting on the 1st patch, and I did as much roster work and gave suggestions for Iowa to the community guys. Then the 2nd patch came out and it broke no huddle, and didn't fix the issues it said it did (coaching and tendency). The 3rd patch was basically EA fixing what they messed up with the no huddle in patch 2. Now this 4th one they are releasing is pure garbage.

Next year I won't get NCAA until September at the earliest. October might be a better time to purchase which is sad.

# 149 Colorado Cooler @ 11/03/11 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIEFxxROCKEM
Ok... Since everyone is saying they won't purchase NCAA 13 on release day or at all next year, put it in your little signature thingy under your posts and the date of writing it so we can hold everyone to their word.
I read a similar post eons ago that mocked negative posters and challenged them to stand by their promises. I'm not a visionary when it comes to video game development, but I saw this train wreck coming then and didn't buy. I suspect lots of gamers saw the same thing I did and decided to give EA the benefit of the doubt one last time. It sounds as if EA has burned its goodwill with some longtime players who'll need a lot of convincing before they go down that road again.

# 150 cparrish @ 11/04/11 02:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herky
I bought NCAA the Friday it came out and have finished 1 dynasty. Then I waited for all the patches to come out hoping the tendency thing would be fixed, that coaching progression worked, and some minor gameplay changes were fixed. I also thought more than one tuner updated would be released.

Here we are in November and none of that has been fixed. I just bought Madden on Monday after hearing the latest patch was decent. I also waiting on MLB2k11 and NBA2k11 until their patches came out before I purchased.

I used to be a 1st day buyer of all the NCAA and Madden but that slowly has changed. Now I will do what I did with Madden and the 2k games and wait until their patches have been released.

I am so ticked that I got this game in July and haven't even been able to enjoy it like I want to. Even more upset that I sat on it waiting for patches and tuners that never came. I was fine waiting on the 1st patch, and I did as much roster work and gave suggestions for Iowa to the community guys. Then the 2nd patch came out and it broke no huddle, and didn't fix the issues it said it did (coaching and tendency). The 3rd patch was basically EA fixing what they messed up with the no huddle in patch 2. Now this 4th one they are releasing is pure garbage.

Next year I won't get NCAA until September at the earliest. October might be a better time to purchase which is sad.
I cannot tell you how upset I am and feel the same way as you do. I never played a dynasty this year and I usually play them all year long. I put weeks of my free time into building rosters for people to use and enjoy, but all the hard work I put into the game was for naught. Sadly I too will pull a wait and see approach to NCAA 13, which means I may not be able to do rosters next year if I am picking up the game later than usual.

# 151 H4wduk3n @ 11/04/11 01:59 PM
Saying the game is a sack of crap is pretty ridiculous. There are some damn frustrating bugs and I'm annoyed at EA as well. But over all, it's a solid game that I've been enjoying. Does no one remember the little glitches the ps2 era games had? Fumbles, deep passing, etc. I still wish EA would have fixed the recruit tendencies issue but I'm not going to be dishonest about what I feel about the game as a whole - still enjoying it.

# 152 Aranor @ 11/04/11 02:06 PM
Your in the minority pal.

# 153 H4wduk3n @ 11/04/11 02:11 PM
I'm fine with that . I'm just saying is it truly completely unplayable? It's at least as playable as ncaa 11 was imo - and better in a couple areas.

# 154 gator3guy @ 11/04/11 02:36 PM
As someone said a while back, the foundation of this game was poorly built and as a result we suffer 5-6 years later. At this point they are just piling [poop] on top of [poop]. I would seriously not even care if they took a year off to rebuild the engine. It's tough to swallow that a game on a far less superior system (ps2) plays better with no patches than this. I might just dust off my ps2 and start playing those games again. At least those games were enjoyable.

# 155 HokieTokie @ 11/04/11 03:51 PM
Unbelievably poor showing from NCAA this year. I can definitely sell the game now, and will not be getting 13 until the OS forum has time to dissect the game.

Let's hope next year's game has some semblance of QA testing.

See you in 10 months NCAA forums. Let's hope the community will have some good news for me.

On to the 2k forums.

# 156 K0ZZ @ 11/04/11 04:21 PM
The problem is we try to rationalize buying a game every year and people defending Tiburon left and right.

Hell I defended Tiburon early on, but some things are inexcusable.

Jersey and stadium issues being a big one, how can a game claim to be authentic if they don't have all the stadiums in. I understand you may have to guesstimate some things, but go on EVERY college teams page and they have their field, it's name, and a picture. How some stadiums can be over looked is beyond me.

Jerseys are a bit complex since as I understand EA has to go school by school asking what to put in, but at the same time what I see on Saturday is sometimes in a big way different from this product.

These guys are being paid hundreds of thousands of dollars, getting to work in a top of the line faculty. (Go to the Tiburon page if you really want to see). The perks are undoubtably there, yet they are giving us a sub-par offering with superior tools around them.

The understaffed line is old, if your understaffed then people need to pick up the slack, they are designing video games, for a lot of money. Simply putting a band aid on it isn't acceptable. It's their job, not ours to make the product workable via sliders, rating tweaks and such.

We need to as a collective quit rationalizing and put the blame square on Tiburon. In a coy sort of way, even Ben Haumiller in the Patch notes admitted that the issues were far too vast to be fixed this year. That is unacceptable to release a product that in it's entire cycle cannot work AS DESIGNED.

Will I buy NCAA 13? Who knows, the football fan in me might force myself out to buy it. I can easily say in November that I probably wont. Things change around June when the hype is in full blast.

All I can say is this, we need to keep our eyes open. As a fan of football, I am disappointed with this generation. Don't blindly hate on EA, that is as pointless as being a sheep. Yet when July rolls around, be a bit more concious with our money. Don't trust the reviewers and MAKE Tiburon earn our money. The ball is in EA's court.

# 157 z4ckdabeast @ 11/04/11 05:09 PM
EA is so frustrating... They're content with this game being merely decent, when it could so easily be great.

# 158 BlingBling19 @ 11/04/11 06:10 PM
Perhaps EA is putting most of its money into other game developments. They did just come out with Battlefield 3 which is the best FPS I have ever played. The only thing I was really hoping for with a 4th patch was they fixing the custom sounds so they stop and don't play for the next 2 plays.

That was really the only big gripe I had with this game.

# 159 mkharsh33 @ 11/04/11 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlingBling19
Perhaps EA is putting most of its money into other game developments...
You honestly believe that? I don't know how that sentence could be typed with a straight face, knowing the disappointment this game has been over the last several years...

# 160 Aranor @ 11/04/11 10:59 PM
Dam right man

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.