Home
NHL 12 News Post

As mentioned on the 22nd, NHL 12 patch 1.04 is available now, please post your impressions here.

For the NHL 12 1.04 patch details, click here.

Game: NHL 12Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 26 - View All
NHL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 canucksss @ 01/02/12 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bisons18
Numbers on helmet are in!
yiiippeeeeee ....hooraaaahhhhhh .... this is an awesome and the best update ever !!!!

# 2 mkharsh33 @ 01/02/12 11:04 PM
if this update has improved the game, plus the release of matt's latest rosters (360) i just might get back into it. would appreciate more observations from you guys with regard to penalties. thanks!

# 3 Steve_OS @ 01/02/12 11:23 PM
Guessing this is available for PS3, but not 360? I haven't seen it come through. Guessing tomorrow morning.

# 4 gopher_guy @ 01/02/12 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofubrain2
penalties seem to be more consistant as well,
Please, please, please let this be true!

# 5 BillsFan1113 @ 01/02/12 11:41 PM
just played HUT- STILL HAVENT FIXED AUCTION CARDS DISAPPEARING------ i did notice alot more penalties in two games online, even had 4 on 3 twice

# 6 gopher_guy @ 01/02/12 11:42 PM
If penalties are fixed I will have very few gripes with this game! (95% BaGM player)

# 7 BillsFan1113 @ 01/02/12 11:45 PM
oh and all the cards and consumables i used before the patch have disappeared, I AM FURIOUS---- my Nugent-Hopkins card upgraded with consumables, to a 99 with 62 game contract..... now back to an 83 and 12 game contract.... no consumables given back.....WTF????

# 8 jkra0512 @ 01/02/12 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopher_guy
If penalties are fixed I will have very few gripes with this game! (95% BaGM player)
I'm 100% with you on this...

# 9 BillsFan1113 @ 01/02/12 11:50 PM
all that cash i spend cause of my HUT addiction, and EA just takes the money and ignores the problems going on.......with frequent disconnects and freezes counted as losses, losing cards in the auction block, heck even the jersey cards i activate for my team reset constantly , does all this happen to anyone else???

# 10 jkra0512 @ 01/02/12 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsFan1113
all that cash i spend cause of my HUT addiction, and EA just takes the money and ignores the problems going on.......with frequent disconnects and freezes counted as losses, losing cards in the auction block, heck even the jersey cards i activate for my team reset constantly , does all this happen to anyone else???
Looks like you need to call customer service...

# 11 MizzouRah @ 01/02/12 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofubrain2
i'll have to test a few more games but one game played, 4 pps for me and 5 for the cpu. i got an elbowing penalty on a hard hit against the boards a few minutes into the game so it looks promising. I dig the numbers on the front of the helmets ... its a nice touch realism wise!
Where do you have the penalty slider?

# 12 BillsFan1113 @ 01/03/12 12:00 AM
do they do anything??? i just used like 80 plus consumables right before patch, 730et , ate dinner, patch downloaded at 830et went into HUT and those cards were reset and those consumables just gone, i finally use my 50 game contract card too LMAO- --- never had that problem before so im assuming this patch did it....

# 13 BlueNGold @ 01/03/12 12:08 AM
I'll check things out myself in a bit, but in the meantime does anyone know if the pass reception has been fixed? Can you still make clean fully-charged passes 100% of the time or will players actually have trouble controlling it now?

# 14 Bushido @ 01/03/12 01:17 AM
I just bought the game today from Target with a gift card, and was notified to download an update when I loaded the game.

Is that a previous patch?

And how do I download the latest rosters? Do they auto-update themselves?

LAST QUESTION, I promise, how do I download that guys rosters (was mentioned in this thread) when there's 2kshare?

# 15 Bushido @ 01/03/12 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
if this update has improved the game, plus the release of matt's latest rosters (360) i just might get back into it. would appreciate more observations from you guys with regard to penalties. thanks!
How do I get matt's rosters?

# 16 BlueNGold @ 01/03/12 03:33 AM
Played a game post-patch with pass reception slider at 0, but not before the game froze while loading my Be A GM file for the second or third time in the past 2 weeks. Still the same results with the pass reception. Penalties also still seem to be at the same frequency as before. I got, and have been getting, 2-3 a game using DJ's sliders.

I just started up another game in my Be A GM with the Jets at home and the helmets and gloves are still black, which I thought was supposed to be fixed in this patch. Apparently not.

So if you're planning to see an improved game, don't get your hopes up. I was hoping for the best and now I'm severely disappointed. They have time to make a patch, but they can't fix two of the biggest problems with the game (pass reception and penalties)? To me that's just ridiculous and almost a slap in the face to the people who paid money to buy this game.

I defended the Jets jerseys being incorrect and other missteps this year, but this is bordering on unacceptable. Hell, it crosses the border on unacceptable. Support your game and support your customers. It shouldn't be that much of us to ask.

# 17 Vikes1 @ 01/03/12 03:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold

So if you're planning to see an improved game, don't get your hopes up. I was hoping for the best and now I'm severely disappointed. They have time to make a patch, but they can't fix two of the biggest problems with the game (pass reception and penalties)? To me that's just ridiculous and almost a slap in the face to the people who paid money to buy this game.
Have to agree with ya, BNG.

This patch does seem to smell a bit, of a lack of commitment to the hardcore community.

# 18 BlueNGold @ 01/03/12 04:25 AM
Well I take back what I said about the Jets jerseys and gloves not being fixed.

I've been playing on tuner 1.01, but decided to see what would change if I switched to the latest one. That gave me the fix for the jerseys and gloves, but it still doesn't change the pass reception and penalty issues, so.....yeah.

# 19 gsize19 @ 01/03/12 08:40 AM
Don't know if it is a fluke or not, but three game post patch and I had 3 PP's in game one, 5 in game two and 3 in game three... The most I have had in any three game stretch (and this doesn't include that I took 7 penalties in those 3 games, not including a major fighting in game two).... I play with max sliders for all penalties, pass reception ease all the way down, and had no issues with this either, saw pucks bouncing off sticks, it was no longer an automatic pick up... I also use Tuner 1.0... It was fun playing again knowing that the special teams played a part, but now I have to figure out if this is just some kind of fluke, or if it has been fixed...

I also play with Penalty Time scaling all the way down to play the same as the rest of the game, which I play 10 minute periods... Praying that those three games last night was not a fluke...

Oh, did have my FIRST freeze in Be A GM, the first game (first shift) after the patch loaded, and in the third game, my custom music decided to default back to the game music that came out of the box... The second time this happened. Though I checked after the game and it had all my custom music saved where it should have been. Not sure what happened there...

# 20 BlueNGold @ 01/03/12 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsize19
Don't know if it is a fluke or not, but three game post patch and I had 3 PP's in game one, 5 in game two and 3 in game three... The most I have had in any three game stretch (and this doesn't include that I took 7 penalties in those 3 games, not including a major fighting in game two).... I play with max sliders for all penalties, pass reception ease all the way down, and had no issues with this either, saw pucks bouncing off sticks, it was no longer an automatic pick up... I also use Tuner 1.0... It was fun playing again knowing that the special teams played a part, but now I have to figure out if this is just some kind of fluke, or if it has been fixed...

I also play with Penalty Time scaling all the way down to play the same as the rest of the game, which I play 10 minute periods... Praying that those three games last night was not a fluke...

Oh, did have my FIRST freeze in Be A GM, the first game (first shift) after the patch loaded, and in the third game, my custom music decided to default back to the game music that came out of the box... The second time this happened. Though I checked after the game and it had all my custom music saved where it should have been. Not sure what happened there...
I want the version of the game you're playing.

Guess I'll take a try with tuner 1.00.

« Previous12345678910Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.