Home
News Post

Playstation.Blog has posted some MLB 12 The Show franchise mode improvements.

Quote:
One of our goals going into this development cycle was to enhance the trade logic for CPU teams to better mimic their real-life counterparts. In order to do so, we had to examine the current system and identify the faults to then build and improve upon it. This year we are considering more factors in each trade offer, with the end result being more realistic trades. Teams are valuing their rosters much higher this year, and they aren’t going to ship out prospects so easily, nor will they offer up too many players to fill a positional void. You’ll also see more trades that better suit the teams’ current strategies (i.e. playoff push vs. rebuilding strategies).

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 myghty @ 01/27/12 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheamazin
I think it looks really good. The starting pitcher spot is pretty sweet.
Yeah, & the league leaders in the same page is pretty cool. I've always liked looking at those stats in my franchise.

# 42 nomo17k @ 01/27/12 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHammer19
I just want to know how he knows for sure that it was a misquote.
Maybe because they have attended the community day events?

# 43 tabarnes19_SDS @ 01/27/12 05:12 PM
Quote:
How do you know? I'd like to hear it come from Ramone. No offense.
Well I can tell you it wasn't in any build I played AND I asked Ramone while at CD and he said "misquote."

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

# 44 PsychoBulk @ 01/27/12 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
a
diving deeper into the menu look for 12.
I like going back to the style of background 10 had.
this year is more baseball and network style.
11's looked to cartoony, with the stadiums.
Agree with that.

For me the ballparks in the backgrounds didnt quite sit right, the 12 franchise background and overall feel just exudes a bit more shine/polish/class, call it what you will, i like it.

# 45 thaSLAB @ 01/27/12 05:23 PM
Quote:
Ah...Maybe...
Yeah that, and the fact he was there focusing mainly on...

Spoiler

# 46 The Bimmer @ 01/27/12 05:32 PM
I am wondering because I like to play season mode, will we get all of the menu's with stats, i.e. up coming games, leaders, etc.. just minus all of the franchise options?

# 47 jkra0512 @ 01/27/12 05:37 PM
Glad to get rid of that newspaper...I was never a fan of that. Gimme the sexy screen of stats over that bland newspaper any day of the week. The pitcher's matchup in the bottom left looks sweet too with the series record on it. Is that for the entire season or just that one series? (probably a stupid question)

# 48 Knight165 @ 01/27/12 05:38 PM
Quote:
Ah...Maybe...
No maybe.

M.K.
Knight165

# 49 garyjr33 @ 01/27/12 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheamazin
I think it looks really good. The starting pitcher spot is pretty sweet.
I think it looks really nice too. No complaints here.

# 50 h4mbon3s @ 01/27/12 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydrogerdavid
Thanks for being so generous with Lance Lynn's rating. A potential for Mr. Freese, awesome!
i thought the same thing

everything i've seen on this forum so far has me so excited for this game. from the ball physics and collision detection to these franchise improvements, i'm very impressed with just what i've seen. playing it is going to be even better. march can't come soon enough.

# 51 jkra0512 @ 01/27/12 05:46 PM
I love how excited we all get over the presentation of menus.

# 52 Knight165 @ 01/27/12 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkra0512
I love how excited we all get over the presentation of menus.
Really?
I can only shake my head.
I find it a boring aspect of any game to discuss....and quite frankly, couldn't care less on how they look as long as they are there and work!

Oh....no numbers.

M.K.
Knight165

# 53 PsychoBulk @ 01/27/12 05:51 PM
Quote:
Glad to get rid of that newspaper...
Its still in

# 54 thaSLAB @ 01/27/12 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydrogerdavid
Thanks for being so generous with Lance Lynn's rating. A potential for Mr. Freese, awesome!
They adjusted his ratings down to be more realistic, while we were there.

Spoiler

# 55 jkra0512 @ 01/27/12 05:55 PM
A large Stephen Colbert: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! It's so ugly and outdated...

# 56 econoodle @ 01/27/12 05:56 PM
Quote:
Glad to get rid of that newspaper...I was never a fan of that. Gimme the sexy screen of stats over that bland newspaper any day of the week. The pitcher's matchup in the bottom left looks sweet too with the series record on it. Is that for the entire season or just that one series? (probably a stupid question)

there are no stupid questions.

yes that was for the one series.

# 57 jkra0512 @ 01/27/12 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Really?
I can only shake my head.
I find it a boring aspect of any game to discuss....and quite frankly, couldn't care less on how they look as long as they are there and work!

Oh....no numbers.

M.K.
Knight165
I'm with you, Knight. However, we're all hungry for some new info (with pictures). We didn't have the luxury of attending the CD

# 58 Bat @ 01/27/12 06:14 PM
Love it! Still really wondering if they changed anything to the fantasy draft.

# 59 Knight165 @ 01/27/12 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenngoldbaseball
I was really disappointed that franchise got no love in 12 (I even skipped 11 for the same reason), only to find out that it did indeed get some love. When will I learn not to believe every post I read telling me how disappointing the game will be?

Krusty don't know.....

M.K.
Knight165

# 60 Bulls321974 @ 01/27/12 07:41 PM
Why can't it already be March 6th?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.