Home
News Post

Another MLB 12 The Show game update arrived this morning, bring it up to version 1.16. Check below for the details and let us know what you are seeing.
  • Schedules and box score were misaligned for a portion of the games for certain teams.
  • Occasionally when loading into online games, an empty field (home plate view) would be shown and user has to PS button out.
  • Analog bunting interface, versus a behind the pitcher view in online games would cause a frequent freeze when the user on offense bunted.

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Chef Matt @ 04/28/12 06:27 PM
Any Vita users try and cloud save back and forth to see if it works yet?

# 102 bcruise @ 04/28/12 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Matt
I could try it, but unfortunately it wouldn't mean much since I never froze with the last patch...

# 103 DJ @ 04/28/12 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Matt
Good work, Matt. I was out at a track meet and just logged on and saw this thread. I'd love to hear answer regarding this.

I feel for the people having freezing issues with ANOTHER patch. We've held EA's feet to the fire regarding patch fiascos. I think it's only fair that SCEA be held to that same standard. These patches have done more harm than good, bottom line, and the lack of communication from the usually very forthcoming developers has been perplexing.

# 104 JoeMimic @ 04/28/12 06:35 PM
I'm using the very first OSFM release that came out for spring training and I haven't had any problems here in October....except Albert Pujols.

# 105 beantownbruins @ 04/28/12 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
I feel for the people having freezing issues with ANOTHER patch. We've held EA's feet to the fire regarding patch fiascos. I think it's only fair that SCEA be held to that same standard. These patches have done more harm than good, bottom line, and the lack of communication from the usually very forthcoming developers has been perplexing.
Well said.

# 106 Brandwin @ 04/28/12 06:48 PM
For the record I have an RTTS pitcher which I created after patch 1.06 and it seems to be working fine. I'm only in May though.

I think I created the RTTS that's giving me issue before patch 1.06. But it had worked fined until I downloaded patch 1.16. It's freezing in August.

# 107 tabarnes19_SDS @ 04/28/12 06:55 PM
I was in August, with custom rosters, 30 team control. No problems, simmed to end of season, nothing out of whack.

# 108 Brandwin @ 04/28/12 06:57 PM
So weird it's on affecting certain people. I wonder what the deal is?

People are saying on Show Nation that deleting the patch works, but if you delete the patch, it will delete patch 1.06 and 1.16, correct?

# 109 Helios12787 @ 04/28/12 06:59 PM
Yea for some people deleting the patch is working. For me, however, it didn't.

It's something to try if you've lost all hope though

# 110 bkrich83 @ 04/28/12 07:31 PM
For people that are freezing, was the franchise started before or after they installed the last patch?

I am wondering if this is affecting users who crated a franchise before the last patch, installed the last patch, continued playing without issues, and then installed the new patch, and whatever schedule changes they made have thrown those franchises off.

Does that make sense?

# 111 Helios12787 @ 04/28/12 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
For people that are freezing, was the franchise started before or after they installed the last patch?

I am wondering if this is affecting users who crated a franchise before the last patch, installed the last patch, continued playing without issues, and then installed the new patch, and whatever schedule changes they made have thrown those franchises off.

Does that make sense?
My franchise was created the day of release of the OSFM Opening day set. IIRC that was before the patch before this monstrosity. I played from then until today with 0 issues at all.

# 112 PhlliesPhan6 @ 04/28/12 07:35 PM
Are people that are having problems doing 30 Team Control or only controlling the Braves? I'm doing 30 Team Control and I'm in May and no problems.

# 113 Brandwin @ 04/28/12 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83

Does that make sense?
My RTTS was created before first patch, never had an issue until today's patch...

# 114 Bobhead @ 04/28/12 07:45 PM
It's physically impossible for this patch to permanently affect any files you haven't saved yet.

BUT, if you delete the patch, you are deleting ALL the patches, which means you are undoing the old schedule patch that caused problems in the first place. THAT is what would be causing you problems. Deleting your patches and continuing is equivalent to continuing on your Vita, aka a bad idea.

Anyway I'm not downloading this patch either, until a week or so passes and we've weeded out definitive information on this stuff. My game works right now. I like it that way.

# 115 Knight165 @ 04/28/12 07:48 PM
Well....they don't call us N.Y.'s Bravest for nothing.
I went and just updated.......heck, if something goes wrong with my franchise, I'll just chalk it up to wanting to recreate Lucas Duda anyway.(even though he is leading the MLB in hitting in my current franchise.)
Plus, I want to see if the game will now work with the Vita properly.

M.K.
Knight165

# 116 Chef Matt @ 04/28/12 07:49 PM
I'm going to download it after work and try and cross save on the vita and see if it works. If it doesn't, well I'm not out anything as it doesn't work as it is.

# 117 Armor and Sword @ 04/28/12 07:56 PM
I DL this afternoon. I am in May in my franchise.

No issues at all.

# 118 Bobhead @ 04/28/12 08:00 PM
I will say this: As it stood before this patch, there were 4 groups of people.

Those who downloaded 1.06 and had no problems with a pre-patch franchise/rtts

Those who downloaded and started a new franchise/RTTS

Those who downloaded 1.06 and had freezing problems but continued with their old file and just ignored the problems

Those who deleted the patch and continued their old files

These are 4 completely different situations. Imagine trying to make 1 patch that safely and efficiently complemented all 4 of these groups.

I realize SCEA kinda got themselves into this mess in the first place, but I think we should at least cut them some slack if the patch doesn't work for everyone, in every scenario, since it's practically impossible for it to do so.

# 119 blueduke @ 04/28/12 08:19 PM
I dl'd patch 1.06, had freezes with a current franchise, started new franchises on both PS3 and Vita with those newly created franchises freeze as well. Haven't dl'd this new one and am not going to. It's been over two weeks since this fiasco and have heard nothing from SCEA for about the last week of it. Then they release a new patch that causes more damage. You give them all the slack you want but my patience is wearing thin

EDIT: *rant on* besides the problems the firsst patch was supposed to fix......some of those problems are still present. you can still throw people out ay first base from right field as the RF plays too shallow. Even Knight confirmed this*rant off*

# 120 Helios12787 @ 04/28/12 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
I will say this: As it stood before this patch, there were 4 groups of people.

Those who downloaded 1.06 and had no problems with a pre-patch franchise/rtts

Those who downloaded and started a new franchise/RTTS

Those who downloaded 1.06 and had freezing problems but continued with their old file and just ignored the problems

Those who deleted the patch and continued their old files

These are 4 completely different situations. Imagine trying to make 1 patch that safely and efficiently complemented all 4 of these groups.

I realize SCEA kinda got themselves into this mess in the first place, but I think we should at least cut them some slack if the patch doesn't work for everyone, in every scenario, since it's practically impossible for it to do so.

While I do agree that it is no easy task when it comes to compatibility / future patching, given the tiny amount of changes this patch brought it shouldn't have been as big of a headache as it is.

Had 2 online game fixes and an alignment fix for box scores / schedules.

Now don't think I'm saying it isn't an extremely hard thing for even these minor changes. I went to college and for a few years it was nothing but programming classes for my major. I know how even the most mundane tasks can be lines upon lines upon lines of code that when not done exactly right can go haywire.

But then there is the arguement that given the issues with the last patch, the first thing SCEA should have done when creating this patch is to check the compatibility with the different situations that people would be in.

I mean the problems people are having are in RTTS and Franchise. That is the 2 most played game modes we have. That is I'd say 90% of the people who buy this game aim to play. The fact that they bring out 2 patches that screw them up (for some) is just unacceptable.

These are the kinds of issues that should happen during release week if at any time, not months after release when we are all chugging along in our franchises / RTTS.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.