Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

As mentioned yesterday, 2K Sports has officially announced Jay-Z as the as Executive Producer of NBA 2K13. 2K Sports has been promoting this "BIG" announcement for weeks.

In an article, over at ESPN, Jon Robinson describes some of the details he brings to the game.

Quote:
Carter has not only personally selected the game’s 24-song soundtrack, but he’s also been working with 2K designers on the overall look and feel of the game’s presentation.

24 Song Soundtrack includes:
  • The Hours: “All in the Jungle”
  • Too Short: "Blow the Whistle" (Main)
  • Eric B. and Rakim: “I Ain’t No Joke”
  • Phoenix: “1901”
  • Jay-Z: “Pump it Up” (Freestyle)
  • Puff Daddy and the Family: “Victory” (feat. Notorious B.I.G. & Busta Rhymes)
  • Daft Punk: “Around the World" (Radio Edit)
  • Santigold: “Shove It” (feat. Spank Rock)
  • Kanye West: “Amazing”
  • Jay-Z: “Run This Town”
  • The Dirty Projectors: “Stillness in the Move”
  • Nas: “The World is Yours”
  • Coldplay: “Viva La Vida”
  • Roy Ayers: “We Live in Brooklyn, Baby”
  • Justice: “Stress”
  • Jay-Z: “The Bounce”
  • Kanye West: “We Major” (feat. Nas & Really Doe)
  • Mobb Deep: “Shook Ones, Pt. II”
  • Meek Mill: “Ima Boss” (Instrumental)
  • Kanye West: “Mercy” (feat. Big Sean, Pusha T, and 2 Chainz)
  • U2: “Elevation”
  • Jay-Z: “On to the Next One”
  • Jay-Z: “Public Service Announcement”
  • Jay-Z: “H.A.M.” (Instrumental)
If you're interested in listening to some of the tracks, head on over to the official NBA 2K Facebook page.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 kjjnesb @ 07/31/12 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
LOL. 70-80% of NBA2k's soundtracks have always been rap/hip-hop. The same as this year.

Bottom line is the game is 7 weeks away and there will be plenty of videos, blog posts and screenshots for people. Today wasnt a day for OSers...its was for the casual fan.
I agree 100% its not like this is the only feature that will be ever announced 2K has always hyped stuff up early then came with the features in the dev diarys closer to release. I for one think it will be awesome to have authentic music integrated into the ingame imo.

And lets be honest crew returning and numerous gameplay improvements can still be lurking but on a social level Jay Z moves the needle and lets people know 2K13 is coming heavy this year.

# 62 aholbert32 @ 07/31/12 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gator3guy
Who would have thought Jay Z was a "1901" fan?

Wish Meek's song wasn't the instrumental version, although the beat is sick.
Way too many edits because of profanity. Same reason HAM is an instrumental.

# 63 jersez @ 07/31/12 08:58 PM
Quote:
LOL. 70-80% of NBA2k's soundtracks have always been rap/hip-hop. The same as this year.

Bottom line is the game is 7 weeks away and there will be plenty of videos, blog posts and screenshots for people. Today wasnt a day for OSers...its was for the casual fan.
I was saying people that don't care for jay-z or rap in general must really be mad, disappointed, annoyed etc. Because I love jay-z and this is still a fail.

It's not about screenshots, videos, blogs. It's just the fact that 2k hyped it up, and it wasn't even worth a glance. I'm not disappointed I actually like it. And the people that follow ronnie2k I doubt are casual gamers, you are right this is for a casual fan, it's just that they don't really check for update,insights, tweets or gameplay videos. But It's not announcement worth in my book.

# 64 authentic @ 07/31/12 08:59 PM
Big announcement:

This "big" announcement is a huge let down.

# 65 bakesalee @ 07/31/12 09:00 PM
Con artists

# 66 aholbert32 @ 07/31/12 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersez
I was saying people that don't care for jay-z or rap in general must really be mad, disappointed, annoyed etc. Because I love jay-z and this is still a fail.

It's not about screenshots, videos, blogs. It's just the fact that 2k hyped it up, and it wasn't even worth a glance. I'm not disappointed I actually like it. But It's not announcement worth in my book.
They will always be disappointed if they arent a fan of rap. The soundtracks are always mostly rap.

Its completely worth an announcement. Its ridiculous that you don't think a partnership with perhaps one of the most famous musicians in the world isnt worth an announcement.

# 67 LakersForLife @ 07/31/12 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBreezeNY
Damn that's a great selection, the winner is Hov! lol.

And smdh at everybody bitching & crying, no that's not the big announcement, MJ is gonna announce the big news. This is why we can never have good things, that soundtrack sounds like the best since Live 03/04.
According to the other mod, he locked the forum and said the Jay Z thing was the big announcement, sorry to burst your bubbles.

# 68 NealN42 @ 07/31/12 09:03 PM
Eh...while I don't mind the soundtrack list, this is a really negative start for 2k. The soundtrack for a sports game shouldn't be one of their big announcements, especially when 99% of the songs have been out for quite a while (meaning most people already have them anyway). 2k HAS to start giving their hardcore game audience more love with a sharper focus on gameplay improvements and directly listening to, and fixing, the issues noticed by players who spend real time with the game.

# 69 King_B_Mack @ 07/31/12 09:06 PM
Quote:
They will always be disappointed if they arent a fan of rap. The soundtracks are always mostly rap.

Its completely worth an announcement. Its ridiculous that you don't think a partnership with perhaps one of the most famous musicians in the world isnt worth an announcement.
Ehhhh I don't think he's saying it's not worth an announcement because it is, clearly. However it's not worth the hype tag they put on the front of it and dragging MJ into it with the Facebook picture and what not.

For me personally I say again, I'm disappointed because if Argent didn't say this was the biggest announcement in NBA2K and 2K Sports history, this announcement is met with the respect it deserves. Obviously you'd have that crowd of dudes that bitch at everything that comes out that isn't specifically gameplay related but the overall reception of this is positive without that line.

# 70 Epiffani @ 07/31/12 09:06 PM
This is suppose to be arguably the biggest announcement ever in 2k sports history? I'm sorry, but I've about had it with 2K writing checks that they can't cash (the checks are bouncing at this point). 2K is on strike two with me (I'm not even including the various gameplay problems that I have).

1st strike- the art modification that was touted as a back of the box feature, which it never fully materialized as they described. This is of course strike 2. Not to mention the little community thing that they have going on that seems like nothing more than a who's who, aimed at creating more hype and fooling people on twitter into thinking that they have a legit shot at being chosen. I'm really starting to see more flash than substance from this company (reminds you of anyone?). I understand what's considered a big announcement is subjective and dependent on the individual person, but Jay-Z executive producing 2K13 is the big reveal? Just stop it.

# 71 jersez @ 07/31/12 09:08 PM
Quote:

I'm not arguing that the soundtrack is mostly rap. I said I liked it, Yes he is worthy of an announcement but I think most of us would think real time physics, something that has to do with revolutionizing the gameplay should be announced. Most of the casual people don't even care for jay-z, most of them are kids.

# 72 NBASLAM2001 @ 07/31/12 09:08 PM
So I am guessing the Nets will be extremely overrated this year considering Jay-Z is executive producer?

# 73 J_Posse @ 07/31/12 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
Again, I will clarify it's more than simply a soundtrack. We'll be detailing more in the future.

Sadly, people are going to hate on this announcement. I'm not disappointed at all because I understand that from a business and cultural standpoint this is HUGE. Props, 2K..................

# 74 Retropyro @ 07/31/12 09:09 PM
If your going to make an announcement and have your marketing shill hype it up, then make the full announcement.
Only announcing something that is pretty weak (if this was EA, my lord I can't even begin to imagine the bashing they would take for this!) and then saying "but there is more to come" when people criticize it, is just lame.

# 75 kjjnesb @ 07/31/12 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk504
Who cares if its coming if its the same crapfest from last year? I'm still mad that I paid full price for last years garbage and lost interest after a few weeks. Id rather play 2k11.
Who said it will be the same? We haven't seen a current build or feature list of the game or even a screenshot yet I aslo doubt Jay Z picking a few songs took significant time from the developers actually fixing what they could from 2K12.

# 76 jtownboy15 @ 07/31/12 09:11 PM
This is a big announcement, no other game has ever done what 2k has done. This takes presentation to another level.

# 77 gator3guy @ 07/31/12 09:11 PM
If Meek Mill isn't sitting courtside at Sixers' games I will be disappointed.

# 78 aholbert32 @ 07/31/12 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersez
I'm not arguing that the soundtrack is mostly rap. I said I liked it, Yes he is worthy of an announcement but I think most of us would think real time physics, something that has to do with revolutionizing the gameplay should be announced. Most of the casual people don't even care for jay-z, most of them are kids.
Here is what I dont get: What is the ****ing rush? We have 7 weeks before the game comes out and 2k has only released one piece of gameplay info related to the game. We all know more info is coming so why all the posts about how people are done with the game and how disappointed people are?

If in 7 weeks, 2k disappoints with the info they have provided or if the game looks like crap in videos...people should feel free to complain about the game and talk about how they arent going to save their money. But why do people feel the need to count out the game when we are 7 weeks away from release.

# 79 youvalss @ 07/31/12 09:12 PM
It IS actually related to college. We got schooled by 2K...again. Well done, 2k, well done.

# 80 TeamBuilder @ 07/31/12 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
Again, I will clarify it's more than simply a soundtrack. We'll be detailing more in the future.
A personalized 2K Jay-Z butt scratcher?

Oh please!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.