Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

As most of you are aware, 2K Sports has selected their 2K Team-Up participants. Here is a list of all of them.Quite a few of them have accounts here at OS and some of them wrote NBA 2K13 hands-on impression articles for us last year, after the event. Most of them have confirmed to me that they will be doing the same for us this year. So, this is where you come in.

The 2K Team-Up guys have their own list of questions they are going to ask the developers, but what are the fixes and tweaks you would like to see in terms of gameplay for NBA 2K14? Please be as detailed as possible, to be sure your question will be asked.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 setis @ 08/02/13 04:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderphantom
A lot of good stuff covered in this thread.

-Spacing. Please please fix spacing. It was decent in 2K11(why I prefer that game!). The spacing on pick and rolls is too tight. Players are all over the place. Stretch 4's don't extend to the 3 point line. Fix this please.

-Ball speed. The passes need to be faster and more fluid. Like other posters have said the players shouldn't be able to move nearly as fast as the ball.

-Recovery speed on close outs. There needs to be a penalty for using all your momentum in one direction.

-Blocking. Where are the blocks? They hardly exist. This needs to be toned up!

-Up and unders. Whether it be driving or posting, this needs to be altered. Unless the offensive player gets the defender to bite on the initial fake, these should miss/be blocked. Exception maybe to a new sig skill of some sort possibly.

-Shooting off the dribble. This rating needs a widespread nerf. Plenty of players can't sod well. There needs to be more distinguishing between plàyers with and without this ability.

-Passing lanes. For years the passing lanes have been abused. Drive to the paint, dish to the big no matter the circumstance. Not how it should be. This brings me to my next point.

-Defensive position. Depending on the average rating, defensive players need to be in the right place at the right time, much like offensive players when they space the floor. Defenders need to usually be between their man and the basket. Unless they are below average defenders, they shouldn't be wandering and day dreaming. This tied in directly with passing lanes.

That's all I got for gameplay right now.

Other than that, fix all the online and offline association hiccups. No idea why there's a THIRTY DAY wait period in my OA offseason right now.
THIS!

And positions in the floor. It's frustrating seeing f.ex. Faried standing in the free throw line, when the center is double-teamed, like he was Ryan Anderson.

Non controlled players need to fix position and make the right cuts, based on their tendencies and D-position.

# 102 bumpyface @ 08/02/13 04:58 AM
8-PLEASE REMOVE THE MOMENTUM BS. I'm sorry but comebacks are earned, not given away like thanksgiving turkey's at the carter around thanksgiving. REMOVE IT!
P.S.-If it's not completely removed from the game, remove it from the more difficult playing levels.
Done

# 103 setis @ 08/02/13 05:12 AM
More options for Online Associations.

*Let us turn on/off salary restrictions
*Let us make our teams without a draft if we want to (like in 2k11)
*Let us make trades without the 24h waiting period
*LET US TURN ON/OFF THE DEVENSIVE ICON when creating an OA.
*Let us run training drills with our team, not affecting the ratings. (we have freestyle and post moves and plays now, but some shooting drills would be amazing)
*Give us the option to do cool things with our teams, as change the jersey number, choose the shoes, etc.)
* Weekly top plays, pool, stats in nba2k.com, make that work.

There is a big community out there of hardcore players in Online Associations. Throw us a bone, please.

# 104 Melbournelad @ 08/02/13 07:14 AM
Paying any attention to association for the first time in five years would be good.

# 105 tril @ 08/02/13 07:21 AM
-implement the entire passing system that was in CH2k8.

-bring back the adjustable foul out number. we used to be able to set the number of fouls before a player would foul out.

- add an adjustable bonus fouls. its set to 5 now. before a player goes to the line. IF play shorter quarters Id like to be able to adjust this.

-add flagrant fouls/technical fouls, and tie it to suspensions. Hard fouls already exist in the game so the flagrant foul should be tied to this.

-add an interior defense slider. but keep the post defense slider.

-tone down or get rid of the signature skills.

-add a body control attribute slider to the players. some players have great body control when getting hit while driving to the hoop, shooting layups et. some players have great body control when they take difficult shots. ID like to see more of a differentiation between the Kobes and teh 3rd stringers when it comes to this.

# 106 thedream2k13 @ 08/02/13 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TUSS11
Who cares? This is just a marketing ploy like last year. Most of those guys listed don't know enough about basketball to contribute anything meaningful. "Bring back crew. Add more swag. Blah blah blah..."
i sorta agree with this.

# 107 skillz773 @ 08/02/13 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
-implement the entire passing system that was in CH2k8.

-bring back the adjustable foul out number. we used to be able to set the number of fouls before a player would foul out.

- add an adjustable bonus fouls. its set to 5 now. before a player goes to the line. IF play shorter quarters Id like to be able to adjust this.

-add flagrant fouls/technical fouls, and tie it to suspensions. Hard fouls already exist in the game so the flagrant foul should be tied to this.

-add an interior defense slider. but keep the post defense slider.

-tone down or get rid of the signature skills.

-add a body control attribute slider to the players. some players have great body control when getting hit while driving to the hoop, shooting layups et. some players have great body control when they take difficult shots. ID like to see more of a differentiation between the Kobes and teh 3rd stringers when it comes to this.
The NBA keeps video games from calling technical fouls on the players. In 2k13 they called technical fouls on the bench but weren't tied to any specific players(no ejections). It's to protect the integrity of the league!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

# 108 thedream2k13 @ 08/02/13 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
Make the game more PHYSICAL! Especially in the playoffs, more contact in the paint and more hard fouls. Bring this back!

OMG realistic contact in the paint! havent seen this in 2 years with 2k. How did we go from THAT to the horrible contact we have now? i thought 2k built upon previous versions ? contact is trash now

# 109 cthurt @ 08/02/13 08:54 AM
How about in game injuries actually working ive played this game for a year now and have yet to see a in game injury oddly ive seen players get injured after ive finished a game but during the game i had no clue anyone was hurt and everything seemed fine until i recieve a notification that my player will be day to day with some random injury.

# 110 Vni @ 08/02/13 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
OMG realistic contact in the paint! havent seen this in 2 years with 2k. How did we go from THAT to the horrible contact we have now? i thought 2k built upon previous versions ? contact is trash now
What happened 2K? That's what people means when they say 2K doesn't build enough upon their previous games. Contact was pretty good in previous 2K why is it gone?

# 111 cthurt @ 08/02/13 09:35 AM
Is it safe to say that 2k has taken away more then they have put in to the game it seems we have to look back 3 or 4 years to features that were in the game compared to what we have now which isnt much.

Im pretty much done with this current gen of NBA2k but hopefully with the competition of NBA Live coming back for next gen 2k will tighten up on there game and stop trying to reinvent the wheel every year.

# 112 skillz773 @ 08/02/13 10:01 AM
Why was D.Rose leg accessories advertised but not available in the game for 2k13?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

# 113 Vni @ 08/02/13 10:03 AM
I doubt I can take one more year of the bulls playing in pink.

# 114 m-dogg @ 08/02/13 10:09 AM
* please get them to add custom sliders for MyCareer mode!

* fix play calling for Team Up mode? (at least for private games)

* have they added sliders back for private team up games?

* is any sort of crew mode coming for next gen? they should model it after NHL's EASHL mode, and be separate from offline MyCareer. limit and balance players abilities.

# 115 chackett12 @ 08/02/13 10:21 AM
i feel like the only good hairstyle for a black player create a player on this game is the waves & the sides faded. also better buzzer beater celebrations the only guy that celebrates is the one who made it. also with the sneakers we should have an option to put it in any color instead of having to create a whole shoe. *foamposites, jordans (bred 11's), etc.* and if jordan is such a part on the game shouldnt they have the new releases. that would be cool.

# 116 spankdatazz22 @ 08/02/13 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
Not sure why the constant need for hyperbole is needed here but okay. I may be mistaken but many here were complaining about how the animations were done back then and wanted 2K to change [the "canimations"]. Not saying it's perfect now but all players are a lot more "animationally aware" of each other, as even contact with a teammate will produce an reaction as it would in real life. Don't think that was present in the older games. Either way maybe that has something to do with it. Personally I've always liked 2K's focus on signature animations and hope they never totally get away from it and continue to refine

# 117 mightyrx @ 08/02/13 11:13 AM
Game modes

-Bring back lobbies!!!
-Will there be crew?
-If so, can we get crew leagues or tournaments?
-If not, can we get Team Up leagues or tournaments?
-Bring back fantasy draft or regular team tournaments. Online Associations take too long and users get bored/disinterested quickly. Tournaments would keep them captivated because of their quicker set ups.
-Will there be auctions for MyTeam?
-Will we be able to keep duplicates of legends in MyTeam?
-Will we be able to trade with other users in MyTeam?

Gameplay

-Increase passing speed.
-Decrease full court pass success.
-Tie up and under ability to low post rating.
-Make SoD rating work properly. Low ratings shouldn't be pulling up and hitting sits consistently, if at all.
-Let us be able to block dunks and lay ups by knocking the ball out while still in the player's possession. (We can block lay ups after the ball is released but not while the ball is in hand)
-There should be more contact when I get in the paint with the ball then without.
-In paint dribbling and passing should be more difficult.
-Let me choose when I want to get in a defensive stance by either a toggle or holding left trigger.

# 118 dontfeedtheanimal @ 08/02/13 11:29 AM
Stealing) So one thing they needed fix is the stealing mechanism. I don't know how many times I've been called for a foul when I clearly hit all ball. Half the time if I try to steal the ball while guarding a skilled ball handler like rondo my hand always go through the ball.

Contact) Madden has the real time physicsin their game which makes some of the hits look a lil more realistic. I doubt it could be added to 2k14 but if everyone is complaining about contact dunks and shots, this should be something they should look into.

Dunks) the slots that they give us allow like 12 dunks u can do but I'm always doing the exact same dunks. They should make the dunks more random.

Create a player) the tattoos & hair pieces they have in this game are crap. The hair doesn't really look like something most ppl would have like if you want the closest thing to a fade you need to have the waves hair piece and the braids are horrible. They should put more options in creating a player as they did with the shoe creator.

# 119 Eman5805 @ 08/02/13 11:37 AM
The devil is in the details. And one thing that's bugged me to know end is how timeouts end up with everyone standing in a big huddle. When IRL players on the bench get up while the guys on the court sit down and the coach stands or kneels in front of them, usually with a clipboard sketching the plays. Especially in later portions of the game.

# 120 m1ke_nyc @ 08/02/13 11:46 AM
-Sliders for mycareer along with the ability to choose uniforms for the game

-PAINT CONTACT PAINT CONTACT PAINT CONTACT

-either defenders close out too fast or the ball moves too slow, needs to be tuned

-give more control to the user, being forced into animations you didnt trigger has to end

-court needs to be bigger

-tone down 3pt percentages

-online lobbies for each difficulty setting

-bring back the live ball, also seems the invisible wall around the court is back, get rid of it

-substitution logic in mycareer must be overhauled

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.