Home
News Post

The dam has opened and the floodgates of Live 14 information is finally coming out shortly before the game's release date, with the most important bits of info being the gameplay footage we are now seeing trickle out.

This video shows some of the halftime show in Live 14 plus gameplay action from Houston and Golden State. The other video shows the Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Minnesota Timberwolves.

What do you think?

Member Comments
# 61 dorian813 @ 11/15/13 01:37 PM
3 years and this is what you bring me, garbage. 2K you're my best basketball buddy, please keep doing the great job that you're doing.

# 62 jimbo22 @ 11/15/13 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorian813
3 years and this is what you bring me, garbage. 2K you're my best basketball buddy, please keep doing the great job that you're doing.
Its not 3 years though. Its 1 year, but dont let the truth get in the way. Its still hard to justify the game. There's a lot in those videos that are wrong. It does give them a good footing for next year but sadly I wont be picking it up this year as I would have liked to.

# 63 poloelite @ 11/15/13 01:42 PM
All my friends that are "Live" heads kept telling me they've been working on next gen longer so expect something great. Then when 2K started showing next gen it changed to "this will just be the foundation, don't expect a lot". I grew up on both and had similar expectations for both since they have the same price tag. But honestly that gameplay video has so many issues it's crazy. I will see people shred 2K over minor details, but then turn and praise Live for spacing, ignoring all of the details of that game that are obviously flawed. I just want the best bball game for my $60 and since it's debut, year after year it has been 2K. Live 10 was close, but the hunched over players killed it for me. On the first play of the Cavs vs. Wolves video, how the players not in the action stand is completely PS2 and Original Xbox status to me. I LOVE the presentation though, CRAZY DOPE!! I just can't justify the rest of it.

# 64 fluent2332 @ 11/15/13 01:44 PM
What are all these "issues" that people are seeing in that Cavs/Wolves game? There's a few weird things but no game is perfect. I'm certainly not seeing anything truly flawed or horrible, though. We could also pick apart 2K's videos and see a lot of lame stuff. Yet as a whole both games seem to play a decent brand of basketball.

# 65 outkaz79 @ 11/15/13 01:45 PM
Please look at the ref at 3;35 in the second video at the top!! Half Court Jesus now the Skiing ref!! LMAO!!

# 66 poloelite @ 11/15/13 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluent2332
What are all these "issues" that people are seeing in that Cavs/Wolves game? There's a few weird things but no game is perfect. I'm certainly not seeing anything truly flawed or horrible, though. We could also pick apart 2K's videos and see a lot of lame stuff. Yet as a whole both games seem to play a decent brand of basketball.
The main one off top is the graphics look like current gen Live, not even as good as current gen 2k14.

# 67 fluent2332 @ 11/15/13 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by outkaz79
Please look at the ref at 3;35 in the second video at the top!! Half Court Jesus now the Skiing ref!! LMAO!!
Oh my god that is hilarious!!

# 68 bowld @ 11/15/13 01:49 PM
Quote:
hahahahahahahaha

# 69 poloelite @ 11/15/13 01:56 PM
Quote:
LOL!!! man I missed that.. He's doing the 90's "bum rush" dance

# 70 poloelite @ 11/15/13 02:01 PM
Quote:
More that I noticed

-1:09 How the Minnesota player next to Rubio stands is horrible

- Pekovic is calling for the rock at a bad angle, without moving and doesn't attempt to rebound

-There is absolutely NO contact in the paint from what I saw

-I also saw canned box outs or no box outs at all

-looks robotic and herky jerky

-Love doesn't help or anything on that Kyrie drive at 3:19, similar to the earlier trailer they showed

-Ball doesn't deflect when running into someone from what I can see. It's not its own separate object from what I can tell

-Jumpshot animation at 4:27 is stiff as ever

I stopped watching there.

# 71 Bolt957 @ 11/15/13 02:07 PM
Doesn't look Next-Gen, but it's decent. At least let it release and learn from it. Use Live 14 as a stepping stone for later improvement.

# 72 djordan @ 11/15/13 02:09 PM
Quote:
LMAO!!!!.....

# 73 Keanburke @ 11/15/13 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt957
Doesn't look Next-Gen, but it's decent. At least let it release and learn from it. Use Live 14 as a stepping stone for later improvement.
Oh that makes a lot of sense, pay EA Sports $60.00 to be their NBA Live test subjects once again. Yeah let's do that guys. SMH some of the things people say on these forums.

LOL! @3:35 man...

# 74 NUH_UHHHHHHHHHHH @ 11/15/13 02:12 PM
This looks like Sh!t

# 75 JODYE @ 11/15/13 02:21 PM
It looks as advertised honestly. Anyone expecting a ground breaking game had the wrong expectations. EA even said themselves they were working to make a base that would translate to future iterations.

Does it look great? Well no, not particularly. However I can see the base foundation and it looks much improved to me and has me remaining optimistic, especially in comparison to anything post Live 10.

It's clear to me that EA knew what they had this year, and know they have to take their lumps in order to get to where they want to be, which I'm assuming is why they held out on showing the game completely. I can understand that.

Physics look MUCH improved. Players have a greater sense of weight, but it appears there are still bursts of speed for players that have that quickness which I like. Dribbling looks good and the animations tied with it look smooth. It's clearly the other areas were animations are lacking. Post moves look pretty basic as well.

Ball physics look waaaaay better and the ball doesn't warp strangely to the rim on jump shots.

Presentation was nice and I can see that they are going in the right direction there. I think the audio from the capture was behind in the video which was causing the delayed reactions.

Arena design also looked nice and the court reflections look realistic.

The obvious issues, like graphics, and player models need serious work. The animation system still needs work obviously, but these were all things I expected.

Overall, I came away optimistic. It seems that EA finally has an idea of where they want to go, and this seems like a good foundation to build off of. I'll be watching closely as they move forward and look forward to see how they build upon this.

# 76 yungflo @ 11/15/13 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13
It looks as advertised honestly. Anyone expecting a ground breaking game had the wrong expectations. EA even said themselves they were working to make a base that would translate to future iterations.

Does it look great? Well no, not particularly. However I can see the base foundation and it looks much improved to me and has me remaining optimistic, especially in comparison to anything post Live 10.

It's clear to me that EA knew what they had this year, and know they have to take their lumps in order to get to where they want to be, which I'm assuming is why they held out on showing the game completely. I can understand that.

Physics look MUCH improved. Players have a greater sense of weight, but it appears there are still bursts of speed for players that have that quickness which I like. Dribbling looks good and the animations tied with it look smooth. It's clearly the other areas were animations are lacking. Post moves look pretty basic as well.

Ball physics look waaaaay better and the ball doesn't warp strangely to the rim on jump shots.

Presentation was nice and I can see that they are going in the right direction there. I think the audio from the capture was behind in the video which was causing the delayed reactions.

Arena design also looked nice and the court reflections look realistic.

The obvious issues, like graphics, and player models need serious work. The animation system still needs work obviously, but these were all things I expected.

Overall, I came away optimistic. It seems that EA finally has an idea of where they want to go, and this seems like a good foundation to build off of. I'll be watching closely as they move forward and look forward to see how they build upon this.
Agreed. I can't wait to try the demo.

# 77 Boilerbuzz @ 11/15/13 02:53 PM
Quote:
I'm not going to argue with you, but in my opinion, 2K's gameplay is stale. Live 10 was a better game than 2K in my opinion and the best bball sim to date, so anything that looks and plays like that game is going to be my preference.

I'm just happy to see some great spacing. Wish the user knew the controls more so they could actually showcase some things.
Wow. I am amazed at the supposed knowledge of the game of basketball that seems to be missing here. Before you start in, do note that I have not piled on any of the footage. But this statement is off. You REALLY should take another look at the spacing and evaluate it again. That's all I'm going to say.

# 78 DASKCREW1 @ 11/15/13 02:54 PM
Im happy with what i saw, its exactly what i expected and they have something to build on.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

# 79 southriver @ 11/15/13 03:19 PM
I want to see more streamed video. I mean NBA2k wins this battle hands down but hell if the game is fun at all i may give it a try. Some of the game modes intrigue me and want to see how the synergy data plays out. If stars play like stars i will love that.

I was so close to possibly purchasing it today at Gamestop but the NBA2k disk case looked at me and said "do you really want to do that?" Lol..i chickened out

# 80 phillydaboss404 @ 11/15/13 03:20 PM
LMAOOOO YOOO SON....did yall see that Ref do the Dougie at 3:33?

Teach me how to dougie Live! lol

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.