Home
News Post

The dam has opened and the floodgates of Live 14 information is finally coming out shortly before the game's release date, with the most important bits of info being the gameplay footage we are now seeing trickle out.

This video shows some of the halftime show in Live 14 plus gameplay action from Houston and Golden State. The other video shows the Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Minnesota Timberwolves.

What do you think?

Member Comments
# 101 noshun @ 11/15/13 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaLiveKing
To truly judge which game is going to be the strongest in next gen, gotta look towards next year with 2K15 and Live 15.
Next year argument again? Especially since it's just starting. Not saying you, just in general, but its already starting off underwhelming from jump for some nextgen games.. It's a redundant viewpoint..

# 102 shutdown10 @ 11/15/13 05:30 PM
Im just going to say this again for the community. I think people should wait and download the demo to see if they like the game first. Please do not be mad if you buy the game for $60 without trying the demo and observing the videos of how the game plays. If you get mad, then you have yourself to blame and your just as responsible as EA for them continuing to make unfinished games like this.

# 103 jmood88 @ 11/15/13 05:33 PM
I don't get why the courts are so enormous. They look like they're playing on a football field.

# 104 Escobeats @ 11/15/13 05:34 PM
Presentation and lighting looks a lot cleanier I must say. I think a lot of people built unrealistic expectations for a game franchise that hasn't released a basketball game in 3 - 4 years.

# 105 RipCityAndy @ 11/15/13 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbfn04
people will always find ways to exploit any game...
True story

# 106 rbfn04 @ 11/15/13 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Escobeats
Presentation and lighting looks a lot cleanier I must say. I think a lot of people built unrealistic expectations for a game franchise that hasn't released a basketball game in 3 - 4 years.
True but could that be the idea people got from the way EA behave itself saying it would rival 2K out the bat?

# 107 Escobeats @ 11/15/13 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutdown10
Im just going to say this again for the community. I think people should wait and download the demo to see if they like the game first. Please do not be mad if you buy the game for $60 without trying the demo and observing the videos of how the game plays. If you get mad, then you have yourself to blame and your just as responsible as EA for them continuing to make unfinished games like this.
They have every right to be mad if they feel this way because that's what they spent their hard earned money on.

# 108 joec63 @ 11/15/13 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by royounggoku
That's the polar opposite of what I'm hearing from people who have the game. They're saying it's night and day from current gen and that they can't go back.
Played it, once you get past the pretty visuals and wow factor it didn't feel like a night and day difference to me. Just my opinion. It's a good game.

# 109 JODYE @ 11/15/13 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbfn04
True but could that be the idea people got from the way EA behave itself saying it would rival 2K out the bat?
Did they ever say this? I think they said down the road, not now.

EA knew they had a severe uphill climb. This game is an indication of that. Again, it's a WIP but in comparison to Elite and then the failed NBA Live 13, it's a definitive step in the right direction and that's really the only way it should be taken at this point.

# 110 Boilerbuzz @ 11/15/13 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
I don't get why the courts are so enormous. They look like they're playing on a football field.
It's not the courts. It's the players.

# 111 Boilerbuzz @ 11/15/13 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Escobeats
They have every right to be mad if they feel this way because that's what they spent their hard earned money on.
That's his point, man. Don't spend your money. Get the demo and try it. THEN, if you like it, buy it. If not, you didn't waste any money on it.

# 112 rbfn04 @ 11/15/13 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13
Did they ever say this? I think they said down the road, not now.

EA knew they had a severe uphill climb. This game is an indication of that. Again, it's a WIP but in comparison to Elite and then the failed NBA Live 13, it's a definitive step in the right direction and that's really the only way it should be taken at this point.
Out loud? Maybe not. But they implied heavily, especially on twitter

# 113 Boilerbuzz @ 11/15/13 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joec63
Played it, once you get past the pretty visuals and wow factor it didn't feel like a night and day difference to me. Just my opinion. It's a good game.
It's easy to say that behind a veil of anonymity isn't it?

# 114 Boilerbuzz @ 11/15/13 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaLiveKing
Some guy last night at the launch told me he never played a basketball game since NBA Jam, and he loved it lol. But, looking at the game play videos, I have to differ!! There's a ton of flaws. But some videos I seen it looked decent, but it still looks messy!! There's definitely a step back in the game play dept, and thats expected when jumping to a different console

When I get my hands on it, I may change judgement, but that's where I stand right now
It astounds me how some of you guys rationalize things. You can look at a video of a game that looks great, but see nothing but flaws. You can look at a game that doesn't look very good on the surface, and see nothing but depth and promise.

Amazing.

# 115 joec63 @ 11/15/13 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutdown10
Public service announcement ? I'm sure you meant this as helpful advice but it's condescending in my view. I'm a big boy as the majority are here. I earn it and I'll spend it as I see fit just like everything else I buy.

# 116 Boilerbuzz @ 11/15/13 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joec63
Public service announcement ? I'm sure you meant this as helpful advice but it's condescending in my view. I'm a big boy as the majority are here. I earn it and I'll spend it as I see fit just like everything else I buy.
Are you SURE you're a mature adult? If you are, then you're paranoid. There was nothing wrong with his post. It's a reminder to folks - you don't HAVE to buy the game if you're unsure. Whether you know this or not, it's a good reminder.

# 117 jmik58 @ 11/15/13 05:56 PM
Is this PS2?

# 118 Boilerbuzz @ 11/15/13 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
Is this PS2?

# 119 RandomPerson @ 11/15/13 05:59 PM
lol it looks so bad. Knew it would be crappy, but I didn't expect it to look this bad.

# 120 joec63 @ 11/15/13 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
It's easy to say that behind a veil of anonymity isn't it?

Say what ? Boilerbuzz and you're saying I'm anonymous ? If I post my name and address then what , are you coming to give me a visit ? Did you get your feelings hurt ?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.