Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

Check out some of the latest NBA Live 14 gameplay footage from Sports Gaming Universe.

Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 joeisup @ 11/16/13 11:14 AM
Looks better now he knows how to play but I hope the day one patch fixs somethings

# 2 shutdown10 @ 11/16/13 11:20 AM
I just posted this video in the 5 on 5 thread, but you got it up before me. Looking at this game again, this is what NBA live or Elite 11 should have been for the PS3/Xbox 360. They better have a serious upgrade for Live 15 if EA decides they wanna continue with this franchise.

# 3 fluent2332 @ 11/16/13 11:21 AM
Some really nice moments in that gameplay, but also some rough edges. I hope once Synergy is implemented, guys like Okafor and Jordan will roll to the basket instead of hovering at the 3 point line after P n' Rs.

Things I definitely didn't like - Okafor and Griffin taking way too many shots and being the focal points of the offense. Not enough 3's being taken. Hopefully these will be fixed once Synergy is properly implemented.

But overall, I like what I see. Seems like a free-flowing game of basketball.

# 4 oasis90 @ 11/16/13 11:22 AM
There's something strange. Graphics in Minnesota vs Cleveland was way better. Just look to the player's face..i can't understand..

# 5 fluent2332 @ 11/16/13 11:44 AM
A few things are wonky, but I chalk that up to Synergy data not implemented yet (I'm pretty sure guys will roll to the basket after pick and rolls once the DNA is updated).

Sick move by Dragic here > http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...hqPW07jg#t=358

Controlling Jamal Crawford is going to be FUN! http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...hqPW07jg#t=539

Blake with the monster dunk > http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...hqPW07jg#t=172

Wow. An inbound play run to perfection! http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...BE87x95U#t=234

Jamal Crawford cheesing with the dribble. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...BE87x95U#t=352

And 1 for CP3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...AXdhCKhAM#t=54

Dragic P N' R http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...XdhCKhAM#t=435

Dragic with the nice spin move. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...R56LtWtf#t=337

Bledsoe drives baseline and hits the sweet floater. http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PL...etailpage#t=57

# 6 shadio5 @ 11/16/13 01:04 PM
you known what I have to admit that this looks pretty..................good

and people know how much I don't respect the ea sports library. but I kind of like what I saw in this video. hummmmmm

VC/2k sports fan

# 7 The 24th Letter @ 11/16/13 03:11 PM
Not a fan of the defense in this video...I know synergy hasn't been implemented yet, but it shouldn't effect some of the simple defensive aspects/rotations etc.

Also, it's odd, but it seems like the dribbling animations are higher quality than all the other ones...if that makes sense..

Really hope I can play this again today to see for myself...

# 8 Fist Of Kings @ 11/16/13 03:23 PM
These vids make the game look a little better since the guy knows how to play. I still don't see this as a next gen $65 game though. I like the espn overlays, and I like JVG as a commentator. They just have to make the commentary sound more fluid and get rid of the odd pauses. I'd buy this if it were on the ps3 though.

# 9 CookNBA03 @ 11/16/13 03:40 PM
Those player tendencies though...Dragic

# 10 The 24th Letter @ 11/16/13 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fist Of Kings
These vids make the game look a little better since the guy knows how to play. I still don't see this as a next gen $65 game though. I like the espn overlays, and I like JVG as a commentator. They just have to make the commentary sound more fluid and get rid of the odd pauses. I'd buy this if it were on the ps3 though.
Not even trying to be funny here, but I would have too...

# 11 manustyle90 @ 11/16/13 03:53 PM
i must say that this is one of best, if not the best, presentation for a basketball game i've ever seen

# 12 headsteez @ 11/16/13 03:54 PM
Its like underneath everything, the game plays technical sound brand of basketball. The players do what they should do on the play. I love that when the defense sags off the ball, the ball handler looks for the open shot. NOW the bad... The layers on top of core is so basic.

Graphics - They are really bad, the textures are bland, lack of graphical detail everywhere. And maybe its just me, but something its off around the feet of players, like they have no shadow. They need a huge overhaul in the graphics dept. in general

Movement - Its seems to be very herky jerky. Dribbling looks good, but its like they have no collision animations. The game detects contact, but it cant show it. They players drive and draw contact, but they do nothing to move with the ball once contact has been drawn. Its like they just fall, they dont move to still get the shot off. TONS of animations need to be captured for next year. The sped up animations has to go, if it aint smooth dont put it in the game. Maybe its the way the capture them, but EA has to sit down as a company and get rid of that since they all use the same ignite engine. Dunks are horrible to, if i see a Shaq like two handed dunk one more time. Its like Shaq was brought in to do motion capturing. I could go on but why bother, we all have eyes. Its Inside Drive stiff. but that game was 2001, not 2013.

Presentation - Its very good. They have to streamline the halftime show. Its to clunky. You dont need multiple categories to show highlights of both teams, both coaches, leading scorers. We need 2k5ish virtual studio Jalen on set giving info. Next year maybe?

# 13 fluent2332 @ 11/16/13 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by headsteez
Its like underneath everything, the game plays technical sound brand of basketball. The players do what they should do on the play. I love that when the defense sags off the ball, the ball handler looks for the open shot. NOW the bad... The layers on top of core is so basic.
Synergy DNA, my friend. Once there is some DNA implemented, the players will act even more like their real-life counterparts and it won't be so basic.

# 14 The 24th Letter @ 11/16/13 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluent2332
Synergy DNA, my friend. Once there is some DNA implemented, the players will act even more like their real-life counterparts and it won't be so basic.

I see what you're saying, though. I watched a few videos of 2K CPU vs. CPU and the difference is night and day. At times that game got extremely sloppy with horrible spacing and players making absolutely no sense with their movements. I will take a basic, sound gameplay over something that makes no sense or is overly complex and broken.

Not bashing 2K either because I like their game, but you can tell that Live is built completely differently, which is a great thing.

# 15 fluent2332 @ 11/16/13 04:18 PM
My bad. I will edit my post.

# 16 JODYE @ 11/16/13 04:23 PM
Good to see some video with someone who knows how to play.

People don't realize how big of a difference that makes. I've see some 2k vids where the gameplay from a AI standpoint looks atrocious, then others where it looks like it could be an actual live NBA game. Gameplay still has it's own issues though.

Quote:
Also, it's odd, but it seems like the dribbling animations are higher quality than all the other ones...if that makes sense..
Exactly what I said too lol it's actually glaringly obvious. Which is a good and bad thing I guess. It shows how much time was spent on that part of the game, but it also shows how bad everything else needs that attention to detail.

Presentation is real nice. Love the outside look of the arenas and all the pre-game stuff. Commentary is not as good as advertised at least to me. There are some weird spikes in excitement from Breen and awkward pauses. Arena ambience sounds good.

Spacing looked better in this video than the others.

Shooting/Passing/Running animations are all really awkward. Shooting off the dribble looks weird. Player models still need serious work and graphically some of the faces are not very good.

Ball physics are very meh. Other than dribbling I'm not seeing where they "released it to physics". Bounce passes travel at warp speeds, especially on entries into the post, and then some passes around the perimeter travel in slow motion.

Player physics also need serious work. Players do have a greater sense of weight which is nice, but on contact, especially on shot contests in the paint, it's like physics don't exist. Players just go undeterred to the rim.

Still no signature FT shots?

Also, I'm already seeing the glaring issue with a Synergy only AI. Because there is a fairly good chance that Synergy isn't going to fix all these things. Not being able to edit ratings or sliders is a serious issue and not including that is inexcusable. I can guarantee that 90% of people will not be happy with the way the game plays using just Synergy data.

Glad, they finally have released a game and have something to build from, however still incredibly disappointed they didn't build directly from Live 10 and actually tried to salvage things from Elite. That was a poor decision.

# 17 magicman32 @ 11/16/13 04:51 PM
There's a lot of hop stepping and blocked jumpers in this particular game. Animations are pretty generic especially the jumpers. Post ups are unrealistic also. Guys are not getting pushed out like that whil backing down in real life. Maybe before they receive the ball but not while they have the ball in the post.

The gameplay is just so bland and dry. I don't see why they didn't release this for current gen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 18 youvalss @ 11/16/13 05:10 PM
My thoughts so far: Graphics are alright, and again - player/court ratio seems ok to me. Stadium looks nice! Presentation is good. That's the good news.

Movement, animations and physics - 2006'ish. Which basically affects the gameplay and kills right there, for me. I don't understand why they insist on sticking with that (for a few years now), but I guess that's their interpretation of human movement/interaction. It's like an artists who paints something from real life - and makes it seem so different and unrealistic - but that's their interpretation, and that's their art. I take it as it won't change anytime soon.

Live has one major thing going for it: It hasn't been released for years and there are many gamers out there that (rightfully) missed it. It will still sell, maybe not amazingly, but it'll be fine, in my opinion.

# 19 youvalss @ 11/16/13 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fist Of Kings
Yes, I agree. If it was called Live 07 or 08 and was released back then, that would be worth it. Definitely not next-gen, for me. Not even a 2012 current-gen.

# 20 westview33 @ 11/16/13 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Not a fan of the defense in this video...I know synergy hasn't been implemented yet, but it shouldn't effect some of the simple defensive aspects/rotations etc.

Really hope I can play this again today to see for myself...
Synergy doesn't effect the defense at all.In fact I'm 100% sure the defensive AI is something EA has to code into the game.I would be interested to see if any CPU AI player for example LeBron is able to register a triple/double during actual gameplay.

« Previous123456789Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.