Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

Check out some of the latest NBA Live 14 gameplay footage from Sports Gaming Universe.

Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Boilerbuzz @ 11/17/13 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnate128x
Why are you pushing me into a corner like I'm defending them? I think they're a joke as a company. I have no respect for them whatsoever. They feed us lies time and time again. I'm just saying what I believe may help them produce a better product, and they're not going to do that by sticking with the in game engine they have now.
On the contrary, I'm not saying at all that you're defending them. I'm saying that the term "engine" gets thrown around and has been for year. They have supposedly redone their engine many times and yet we're still here.

Quote:
I just think you're very very very confused with what the Ignite Engine truly is...
I actually do know what an engine is and it's irritating to me to see the term just thrown around as if it was the key to all ails in any game. I don't care how good your "engine" is - if you want to make a bad game, a good "engine" isn't going to stop you.

Quote:
The in game "Engine" NBA Live has for their graphics, animation system and core game play mechanics is completely different from Madden 25 and Fifa 14 from what I can see.
Actually, a game is constructed using many different "engines". You named 3 just now. For the record, we've been lead to believe that those games actually DO share some subsystems, including but not limited to the animation system.

Quote:
I realize that EA Sports stated how the Ignite Engine is supposed to help them share technologies with animations and what not. Although, NBA Live 14 just doesn't look like it's sharing a single thing from any of the other titles is all.
Heh. It's not as if FIFA (look up CLOSE) or Madden (look from any distance) are looking all that great either. The difference you're seeing in Live animations are the actual animations. I could definitely believe they all share the same animation system. That includes low level animating logic, data format, tools, etc...

Quote:
Don't be a sarcastic little prick to someone when they're only pointing out what they believe will do something to push the product forward. You must have a hard time getting along with people huh there chief? XD
As I read it, I guess it WOULD come off as pointed squarely at you. Wasn't really my intent. And, yes, I do have an abrasive sense of humor sometimes. I just lose my manners when I'm really annoyed. My apologies.

# 102 Boilerbuzz @ 11/17/13 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutdown10
HHG is a wacko and a stan most of the time, but he is one of the journalist out there that have early access on what next gen games are coming out. He pretty much saw what these other games were doing to bring their games to the next level on the next generation. When he saw Live's true game and not the E3 demo, then he could not support them anymore because there not bringing their best effort.
The problem with him is that in MOST cases (especially this one), he saw no more than the rest of us and was ready to crown Live with nothing more than hype fed to him. That's VERY irresponsible "journalism".

# 103 Boilerbuzz @ 11/17/13 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddaking
i don't give a damn what anybody on this forum has to say, i have both 2k14 and live 14 and im enjoying both of them. you people should be happy that there another basketball game out beside 2k, yeah the game ain't up to par with 2k14 but it a fun experience overall.

you people on this forum ain't true nba fans because if you was, you will appreciate both games whether it either good or bad.
Are you for real? We should buy a game just because? That's asinine. I get SO sick of this argument. We're talking about EA here. The one company that would stomp out all competition if it could. The one company that has attempted to lock out competitors in every sport it's ever developed. But forget that - if they made a game that looked like Atari, should we buy it for the same reasons? Look, you do what you feel is right. Me - I bought it because I'm just that curious and I would like a change of pace. But this will be my ONLY Live if it doesn't get better fast.

# 104 RandomPerson @ 11/17/13 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluent2332
The spacing is good. Players go to the right spots on the floor and don't crowd each other.

I only bring up 2K in this regard as a comparison. If you watch the 2K CPU vs. CPU videos that Sports Gaming Universe posted, you will see many possessions where the spacing is not so good. Players crowd each other, they run to inappropriate spots on the floor, they get in each other's way, they move without purpose, etc. Whereas in Live, they stay out of each other's way and generally fill out the floor properly.

Right now it's a bit bare-bones but I expect to see more motion once DNA is implemented, for off-ball tendencies such as "Cut To Basket" and so on. But as of right now Live 14 clearly has the more fundamentally sound spacing.
I...I don't get it. How can anyone look at Live and 2K, and honestly think that Live looks better? It's utterly insane.

And weren't you the same poster who thought Live 13 looked good? Even the developers knew it was complete crap and canceled it, yet there you were talking about how good it looks.

EA fanboys baffle me. Blindly defending a corporate company that half asses it every year with Madden and Live....smh.

# 105 DruBreeze @ 11/17/13 05:12 PM
This? This?! This... This looks terrible. I haven't seen anything in that gameplay that would make me want to pay $60 for it. This doesn't look like an authentic or "sim" representation of basketball. Animations look robotic, commentary is terrible. No dialogue between JVG and Mike Breen, and that's sad. They have one of the better in game analysis and dialogue, yet that is barely present here. I wasn't expecting much from this game to begin with, so it's about where I thought it'd be. I don't see this solid foundation I've been reading about. I'll try the demo on Tuesday when it's available to give it a real chance, but after seeing this, I'm not expecting anything to change my opinion.

# 106 noshun @ 11/17/13 05:39 PM
Said this in another thread, but it applies here as well. After looking at this again muted.. it's clear that even without running any plays, the cpu AI doesn't move at all. Theres no attempts to set screens, pnr's when their on offense. No defensive sets, dub teams on star players. Just lots of standing watching the ballhandler.

Griffin warps into an intentional foul in the 4th vid around 8:12 mark. There were others but odd movements hamper this game.

# 107 westview33 @ 11/17/13 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noshun
Said this in another thread, but it applies here as well. After looking at this again muted.. it's clear that even without running any plays, the cpu AI doesn't move at all. Theres no attempts to set screens, pnr's when their on offense. No defensive sets, dub teams on star players. Just lots of standing watching the ballhandler.

Griffin warps into an intentional foul in the 4th vid around 8:12 mark. There were others but odd movements hamper this game.
warping to a spot on the floor has always been apart of this series that is nothing new and once synergy is installed that will fix player movement in this game.

You guys act like the players are suppose to be able to set picks and run PnR's without synergy being functional yet.

The Synergy engine is going to cure all that has ever been wrong with NBA Live since 2006.

# 108 TheHypeMachine6 @ 11/17/13 06:00 PM
Unfortunately these videos sum up exactly what I thought the final product will be, im sorry but anyone who thinks that this game is Next-Gen is kidding themselves, EA Sports just wanted a piece of the pie and thats it. Graphics are terrible, the gameplay is stale & honestly doesn't flow like an NBA game, players just appear to be standing around watching the dribbler majority of the time. Let's face the facts EA you weren't ready to come back, the competition stepped back, hit the jumper, then walked over you like Iverson over Tyronn Lue smh

# 109 TheHypeMachine6 @ 11/17/13 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by westview33
warping to a spot on the floor has always been apart of this series that is nothing new and once synergy is installed that will fix player movement in this game.

You guys act like the players are suppose to be able to set picks and run PnR's without synergy being functional yet.

The Synergy engine is going to cure all that has ever been wrong with NBA Live since 2006.
And when it doesn't fix the player movement? What can be blamed then?

# 110 fluent2332 @ 11/17/13 06:05 PM
Synergy will fix a lot of the issues I have with the video. For example, I don't expect Emeka Okafor to be taking 20 shots a game once DNA is in. I don't expect the Suns to be going to the post so often, and I expect both teams will run more P n' Rs.

# 111 King_B_Mack @ 11/17/13 06:42 PM
So they made a basketball game that doesn't play like basketball at all unless it's connected to the internet at all times? You dudes realize that you're hurting EA and Live more than defending it with this nonsense right?

# 112 titans321 @ 11/17/13 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomPerson
I...I don't get it. How can anyone look at Live and 2K, and honestly think that Live looks better? It's utterly insane.
Not better, but it looks more fun.

# 113 danyl2002 @ 11/17/13 06:47 PM
"synergy will fix all this"

# 114 RandomPerson @ 11/17/13 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by titans321
Not better, but it looks more fun.
I guess if you find horribly clunky animations to be fun.

# 115 HOLLIDAY1183 @ 11/17/13 06:47 PM
I don't post too often but I spend probably an absurd amount of time on these boards (mainly the "Basketball" section).

Frustrating to see all the company support/bashing. Aren't most of us simply die-hard ball fans and will play any and all good hoops games?!?!? One of the best years of my gaming life was fall of 2009 when I got to buy not two, but THREE hoops games (NCAA, Live 10 and 2K10. All three had something to offer!

My point is, I'm just so let down by this. I will buy any solid hoops game worthy of $60 regardless of whether it's made by 2K, EA, Sony, whoever. Why the blind support of a bad product? This is plain bad. It's bad, clearly. As a hoops fan it just sucks going through this again.

Just so disappointed. Still pulling for them to get it together in the future, maybe for Live 15. I want as many years as possible to have to buy multiple hoops games. There's never enough, but I'm certainly not going to buy a bad product, and this is bad.

Man I still remember the Kyrie video where he pulled up over DeAndre. I completely bought the mirage, I was so hype!! Just sucks man to be this let down.

I truly wonder what is the root of this problem, do they just not get basketball? What is going on at the studio/corporate side of this that results in this?

What is it really?!?

Sent from my VZW Note 3

# 116 RoyalBoyle78 @ 11/17/13 07:05 PM
Sorry, IMO this game does not scream Next gen much at all. I was really interested in it, now none whatsoever .

# 117 stillfeelme @ 11/17/13 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by danyl2002
"synergy will fix all this"
Yeah the screaming of Synergy will not fix this. Synergy is already in the game from last year I would suppose. You can have all the data in the world but if you don't know how to implement into the game or have the time to get it right it doesn't mean much just numbers. They may be able to tune things here or there or patch some things but this is it until they do so. I can't believe the blind faith in here wow just boggles my mind.

# 118 TheHypeMachine6 @ 11/17/13 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOLLIDAY1183
I don't post too often but I spend probably an absurd amount of time on these boards (mainly the "Basketball" section).

Frustrating to see all the company support/bashing. Aren't most of us simply die-hard ball fans and will play any and all good hoops games?!?!? One of the best years of my gaming life was fall of 2009 when I got to buy not two, but THREE hoops games (NCAA, Live 10 and 2K10. All three had something to offer!

My point is, I'm just so let down by this. I will buy any solid hoops game worthy of $60 regardless of whether it's made by 2K, EA, Sony, whoever. Why the blind support of a bad product? This is plain bad. It's bad, clearly. As a hoops fan it just sucks going through this again.

Just so disappointed. Still pulling for them to get it together in the future, maybe for Live 15. I want as many years as possible to have to buy multiple hoops games. There's never enough, but I'm certainly not going to buy a bad product, and this is bad.

Man I still remember the Kyrie video where he pulled up over DeAndre. I completely bought the mirage, I was so hype!! Just sucks man to be this let down.

I truly wonder what is the root of this problem, do they just not get basketball? What is going on at the studio/corporate side of this that results in this?

What is it really?!?

Sent from my VZW Note 3
You do realise you went onto bash the game anyway, not EA directly, but Live 14 in general

# 119 Escobeats @ 11/17/13 07:46 PM
One thing that I really like about live is the speed of the game .... Much slower and settled.

# 120 fluent2332 @ 11/17/13 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Escobeats
One thing that I really like about live is the speed of the game .... Much slower and settled.
This hasn't been mentioned yet (until now) but I agree wholeheartedly. I'm thinking it's going to make for some really strategic online matches against sim opponents.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.