Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

Over the weekend many users were not able to get into online modes (some couldn't get to any modes at all). 2K Sports worked all weekend to resolve the issue, which seems to be fixed for some, but not for everyone.

Ronnie mentioned they are still working on some NBA 2K14 MyTeam and Private Team-Up issues.

Based off of feedback from email and Twitter, it seems the servers are very up and down, so let us know what you are seeing here.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 nyk_fatboy @ 12/30/13 04:33 PM
-PS4

-everytime my friends invite me to their locker room it says 2k servers are unavailable

-Park mode works but when i go their its only me in the park nobody else... Sometimes theirs one other person their

Thats the only issues i encountered so far

# 22 RangersCruz @ 12/30/13 04:37 PM
Getting the same old thing again Sony entertainment busy then i get please wait contacting 2k server

well 2k you really need to hire people that know how to do their damn job

# 23 afropip @ 12/30/13 05:00 PM
I think PSN might be down now too. I just tried to play Ghosts after I couldn't connect to the 2K servers and it said Sony Network busy...

# 24 hapa17 @ 12/30/13 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iKnowledge
I get the Please wait, contacting 2k Sports Servers bubble before anything happens.

Then a new bubble pops up that says Preparing Roster for use.

The the intro video plays.

Then it says: Unable to connect to the 2K Sports server at this time. The NBA Today and MyTEAM features will not be available until a connection has been established.

Only options I have at the main menu are Quick Game MyCareer, MyGM, Features.
this. ps4.

# 25 nysteele07 @ 12/30/13 05:08 PM
Still can't connect to servers AT ALL. Here in California on xbox 1. No NBA Today or MyTeam on home screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 26 tarek @ 12/30/13 05:10 PM
Getting this too. The message before the intro, then the unable to connect when the menu starts.

# 27 chadex @ 12/30/13 05:14 PM
It seems that the servers were technically working last night (Xbox One), as I was able to get around and log in a bit. However, MyGM put me back in the main menu every time I tried to start a new save, and oh, all of my custom shoes were deleted too.

Turned the game on this morning, and it's worse now. Servers are down, keeps looping me back into the create MyPlayer screen. Can't access anything now.

I either want the ability to save my MyGM to the HDD (unlikely) or a ton of VC for downtime (also unlikely). 2K needs to let go of this profit margins, because if they don't either fix this or make sensible changes, they won't be looking at favorable ones come next year.

# 28 tarek @ 12/30/13 05:15 PM
Was able to connect last night. Unable to connect this morning. Seems like its a PSN issue though. Or could be. Regardless of which server though, I'm unable to do anything with 2K but I'm able to continue playing my single player assassins creed game. So the value of having offline capabilities cannot be understated.

I think this is a big learning point for 2K and other developers. Well, I hope it is. That the community and current capabilities are not yet completely developed to not have the offline redundancy still a major part of a gaming experience.

# 29 MP.Trey @ 12/30/13 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jebediah
Just turned my PS4 on and tried to play. Get a message saying 2k Servers are unavailable at this time. When I try to play my My Career it says, this save requires an active connection to the 2k sports servers. All I can do is play quick games with the default roster.
Same but on XB1. Been this way since Thursday night and haven't been able to get on since.

# 30 ataman5 @ 12/30/13 05:19 PM
Same issues and problems apply to CG PS3 AND XBOX360 Consoles as well!

I hate that it's like we haven't paid the same amount of money! Why the world started acting like the only thing that matters is next-gen. There are more millions out there who has Cg and try to find their way around. Where is the support from 2k and overall community awareness to CG!?

# 31 Angel_G @ 12/30/13 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jebediah
Just turned my PS4 on and tried to play. Get a message saying 2k Servers are unavailable at this time. When I try to play my My Career it says, this save requires an active connection to the 2k sports servers. All I can do is play quick games with the default roster.

Ok I just got a message to but for My Team only and some other thing but My Career works now for me PS4 just used VC to upgrade my player too? I'm in Dallas by the way.

Okay the Champs Store is not loading so you can't buy ish and I had a vest on with a tie and it doesn't load even if you go to your dressing room and equip it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 32 TheGrindhouse @ 12/30/13 05:37 PM
Keep getting a message saying servers unavailable..

I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but after you have started 5 save slots the whole game chokes. I have deleted every single save slot off of my game, but the servers must keep a record which cannot be deleted. I cannot play My GM or My Career mode anymore because of this. As soon as I load My Career, the game crashes to menu, and it seems to be when I access the trade function in My GM it also kicks me back out to the menu, and my save game doesn't even appear anymore.

This is so frustrating 2k, this is such a wicked game, please get these issues solved so that we can play it!

# 33 Killa KMS @ 12/30/13 06:18 PM
can play mp but stuck in the original bum clothes etc

# 34 ntsfbox1 @ 12/30/13 06:23 PM
My PS4 has been on for two days trying to install this game and its stuck at 56%!

# 35 Steve_OS @ 12/30/13 06:24 PM
I just fired up the PS4. Getting this. WELP.

# 36 Goffs @ 12/30/13 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iKnowledge
I get the Please wait, contacting 2k Sports Servers bubble before anything happens.

Then a new bubble pops up that says Preparing Roster for use.

The the intro video plays.

Then it says: Unable to connect to the 2K Sports server at this time. The NBA Today and MyTEAM features will not be available until a connection has been established.

Only options I have at the main menu are Quick Game MyCareer, MyGM, Features.
Same here...

# 37 doctorhay53 @ 12/30/13 06:31 PM
Even if myteam shows up, I'm still not getting credit after finishing a game.

Basically, it's now "sort of" working, but mostly just incredibly unstable.

This is now 5 days that I can't play myteam (except for about 3 hours on Friday).

# 38 grubby @ 12/30/13 06:35 PM
New guy with all my old stats. Look to be up and running just fine now.

# 39 Steve_OS @ 12/30/13 06:39 PM
Restarted the PS4, seems to be working again.

# 40 grubby @ 12/30/13 06:40 PM
Server seems to be down. Got 1 game in and looks like I lost my guy.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.