Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

Over the weekend many users were not able to get into online modes (some couldn't get to any modes at all). 2K Sports worked all weekend to resolve the issue, which seems to be fixed for some, but not for everyone.

Ronnie mentioned they are still working on some NBA 2K14 MyTeam and Private Team-Up issues.

Based off of feedback from email and Twitter, it seems the servers are very up and down, so let us know what you are seeing here.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 snakesnake1778 @ 12/31/13 10:58 AM
I spent about $600 on xbox one I got nba2k and I cant PLAY 2k better give me something for this im so pissed off they should of never sold this game if it DONT WORK

# 82 imfromhoiland @ 12/31/13 11:03 AM
I still can't play myteam.

# 83 IowaAJ @ 12/31/13 11:37 AM
Mine won't connect to the server but over the years it has seemed like on Holidays the servers tend to go down on 2k. For Current and Next Gen now. Hopefully they get it fixed. It wouldn't let me load my MYCareer I didn't try MYGM but it kept saying the I'm not connected to server so I couldn't play it. Also I'm on XBOX One

# 84 Bouncinghope @ 12/31/13 12:28 PM
I get kicked out of online head to head quick match games. It would tell me "Network problems" before or around tip off.

# 85 Blaine_Man @ 12/31/13 12:45 PM
So here is what i have figured out. If you want to play with a friend it comes down to the rosters you both have. I have used the "Rudy Gay" rule in order to make this easy. Make sure you and your friends are on the same roster. Check to see if Rudy Gay is on the Kings or Raptors. For some reason 2k will let people load up on different rosters even though you both connect to the servers.

If you do not have the same rosters, You have to restart your game over and over again until it picks up the correct roster.

Now after you have finally gotten the correct rosters... You can attempt "Play with Friends"

If you can still not connect then Google 2k14 Connection troubleshooting.

They will have you do some techy stuff with your NAT settings and your Router settings.

Probably not going to do anything but not gonna hurt.

And have fun with all that.

For me the best workaround for the moment is to search quickmatch team up at the same time.

Then you must hope that you get in the same game. This is easier than you think. Then you must hope that the game doesn't freeze on the "Please wait while we setup your match" Synchronizing screen.

All of this and there is still a good chance the game will lagout.

But i have played some team up games with friends using these methods.

It shouldn't have to come to this but it did.

# 86 WillRose @ 12/31/13 01:00 PM
What is going on with the server it just keeps saying i can't connect to 2k14 server i have xbox360.... The problem occurs when i go to my online association..... please fix immediately

# 87 wilsonchan0708 @ 12/31/13 01:13 PM
Please fix the online league on PS4. Cannot start an online league (Error Code CE-34878-0), how to solve?

# 88 remlover @ 12/31/13 01:57 PM
Says at the main menu that it can't connect to the 2k servers.

# 89 Mauer4MVP @ 12/31/13 02:02 PM
Well, I caved and just restored my X1 to factory defaults.

Lost my saves but not my VC progress. I also haven't attempted to try and edit my rosters since I have heard the horror stories.

But I am able to play without any problems now.

If you need your saves, don't do it. If you are willing to restart, I'd recommend it.

# 90 bleedredstars @ 12/31/13 02:19 PM
My Career is letting me play, but I keep getting the message transaction failed could not connect to server when trying to upgrade abilities.

# 91 SirMitchel @ 12/31/13 02:38 PM
My experience at the time of this post is that myCAREER is working as it should, but myGM was reset to level 0 (no upgrades). I sure hope all the VC I spent on GM upgrades wasn't lost and that they'll be restored... it isn't letting me spend VC on GM upgrades, so I'm holding onto hope that it'll be fixed.

# 92 MykeFresh @ 12/31/13 02:53 PM
My career is not working just says validaing MYplayer with 2k sports server. It has been stuck like this for about 7 minutes. Are the servers down? I was just playing this morning PS4

# 93 MykeFresh @ 12/31/13 02:55 PM
I also upgraded the roster yesterday and I swear my guy wont dunk now im 6 10 small forward with 83 on dunks and vertical at 85 and my guy is the lay up king and I have sprite dunk package equipped. anybody else going through this.

# 94 Steve_OS @ 12/31/13 03:05 PM
Fired it up a little while ago. Had 0 VC on MyPlayer that should have almost 30K.

I tweeted about it and Ronnie later mentioned it was a display issue, the VC is still there.

These servers are a mess.

# 95 Hookemhorns1441 @ 12/31/13 03:15 PM
myteam is still just as broke as it was yesterday for me...

# 96 Steve_OS @ 12/31/13 03:32 PM
My VC returned. Good luck to the rest of you.

# 97 afropip @ 12/31/13 03:38 PM
There giving away free locker codes and I can't even enter the locker codes! Absolutely ridiculous. To be honest, they need to call it a day with this VC nonsense.

# 98 Mauer4MVP @ 12/31/13 03:47 PM
Problem. No matter what roster I try to use, it resorts back to the day one roster.

# 99 Darkeus @ 12/31/13 03:58 PM
Hell, I just got the game from a sale on Green Man Gaming (Less than 7.49) last week. I have not been able to connect to the servers ONCE since I got this game. Can't get rosters. Can't do anything.

# 100 J_Posse @ 12/31/13 04:03 PM
Well, I was going to do some sig shot, coach profile and playbook editing but all the rosters I had saved (3) are now gone. They've all reverted back to the out-of-the-box outdated roster that is missing a ton of players. And I don't want use their last update because they inexplicably removed Roger Mason from the game.

They really need to get their **** together or I'm seriously going to contemplate not buying 2K15. Create a player needs to return and this "online only" bull**** needs to end.

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ using Tapatalk

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.