Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

Over the weekend many users were not able to get into online modes (some couldn't get to any modes at all). 2K Sports worked all weekend to resolve the issue, which seems to be fixed for some, but not for everyone.

Ronnie mentioned they are still working on some NBA 2K14 MyTeam and Private Team-Up issues.

Based off of feedback from email and Twitter, it seems the servers are very up and down, so let us know what you are seeing here.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 MrPromax @ 12/30/13 06:42 PM
this has to be the WORST, **** i have seen in my life five days and you can't fix the server. i have not been able to play anything requiring an internet connection. dumbest thing is having your main game mode connected to their servers. they should scratch this idea completely next year. i am so frustrated at this point. it wouldn't bother me so much if i didn't spend real money creating a third my player because of the blue screen crash. 2k should be handing out refunds or something. im sure its not going to happen.

say what you want about ea's gameplay or lack there of, but the servers have been good since forever now. no excuse 2k zero.

# 42 frankinho @ 12/30/13 06:45 PM
PS4 in EU and getting "Unable to connect to the 2K Sports server..." message, rendering the game pretty much useless. Lost all trust in 2k without a doubt...

# 43 WarlordZMaster @ 12/30/13 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPromax
this has to be the WORST, **** i have seen in my life five days and you can't fix the server. i have not been able to play anything requiring an internet connection. dumbest thing is having your main game mode connected to their servers. they should scratch this idea completely next year. i am so frustrated at this point. it wouldn't bother me so much if i didn't spend real money creating a third my player because of the blue screen crash. 2k should be handing out refunds or something. im sure its not going to happen.

say what you want about ea's gameplay or lack there of, but the servers have been good since forever now. no excuse 2k zero.
D*mn straight! Most of this game could and should be offline. Why do we need to connect to their servers for MyGM anyway?

# 44 ccmetz2020 @ 12/30/13 06:49 PM
I was able to play myCareer for about 2 hours today before I couldn't connect to the servers again... honestly this is straight bull****.

# 45 I_AM_KING @ 12/30/13 06:51 PM
controller still a big issue it keeps going off when you shooting and have to turn on and off they never fixed that issue and servers is ****ing horrible still we should be rewarded something big time

# 46 I_AM_KING @ 12/30/13 06:52 PM
controller still a big issue it keeps going off when you shooting and have to turn on and off they never fixed that issue and servers is horrible still we should be rewarded something big time XBOX ONE BY THE WAY

# 47 DirtyJerz32 @ 12/30/13 06:55 PM
This is what I'm seeing.

# 48 DaReapa @ 12/30/13 06:58 PM
In My GM, tried to upgrade my Coaching Attributes. It immediately took the VC but was followed up with the message shown in the article screen shot, and as a result, was booted out the game mode completely. Went back in to see if the upgrades had been registered. No upgrade had ever taken place, but yet the VC was still withdrawn from my account.

This silliness along with other issues I'm having with the game all but solidifies a no purchase on future NBA 2K games.

# 49 Csquared @ 12/30/13 07:06 PM
Mycareer is working for me. That's it. No park, MYTEAM won't even come up. Still have same myplayer. And all my VC so I'm luckier than some of you guys. Hopefully this will show 2k why they shouldn't be doing this all online bull crap.

# 50 m1ke_nyc @ 12/30/13 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Csquared
Mycareer is working for me. That's it. No park, MYTEAM won't even come up. Still have same myplayer. And all my VC so I'm luckier than some of you guys. Hopefully this will show 2k why they shouldn't be doing this all online bull crap.
Make sure your my career didnt revert to offline.

# 51 Csquared @ 12/30/13 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
Make sure your my career didnt revert to offline.
It's good. After I played a game it saved to 2ks servers. Still have VC and not SP. So I'm guessing I'm okay?

# 52 Csquared @ 12/30/13 07:15 PM
Well, tried to upgrade my free throw to see if I was still online. It then told me it couldn't connect and reverted me to the myplayer creation page. I immediately shut off my xbox. I'm desperately hoping that when I go to turn it back on, my guy is still there.

# 53 Mauer4MVP @ 12/30/13 07:47 PM
Sometimes it connects to the servers, sometimes not. When it does, I try to play myGM file that I saved in game. The screen goes black and then it goes back to the 2k menu. I try starting a new myGM and the screen goes black and goes back to the 2k menu.

Is my best option just to restore factory settings and trying over?

Also, I uploaded a video on the Upload Studio. Gamertag: VasilyZaytsev01. Video name: 2kcrappyservers. Just in case you want to see it.

# 54 Phreezy P @ 12/30/13 07:51 PM
Played 2 games in myCareer, broke again when upgrading. SMH.

And it is forcing me to create a new 1.

# 55 Zappaz @ 12/30/13 08:15 PM
I can get on but like others have said, when I go to MyGM all of the GM upgrades I've purchased are gone and he's level 1. Made a new MyCareer and everything was fine until I tried to upgrade him, it then sent me back to the main menu. Also my main MyGM is still hung up in the playoffs waiting for one series to play their game 7 and no way to advance still, really not happy with that since I spent a ton of time and VC on that save, it also had the contract bug too where I couldn't adjust offers. I haven't tried anything else, really all I play is MyGM mode with the occasional MyCareer so with both being broke still, I cant play.

Oh this is on PS4 and I'm in NC.

# 56 Princ3com @ 12/30/13 08:25 PM
The 2kSports Server is not available at this time. Please try again later.

# 57 turty11 @ 12/30/13 08:28 PM
servers down for me on ps4 now

sigh.....

# 58 Torontonios Raptoros @ 12/30/13 08:43 PM
Im absolutely Tired of 2ks bull**** all they do is sell lies, they market all these new features and modes like its actually going to work. At the moment i cant play anything it loads they asks me to create a new my player and then when i create one it says servers are not available dah ****s wrong with this game. the fact that all i did was buy a ****ing signatre skill and because of that lost my myplayer, mygm and myteam file makes absolutely no sense. Im not buying another 2k till i see new improved servers.

# 59 KyotoCarl @ 12/30/13 08:46 PM
In Sweden on PS4.
Having trouble connecting during the opening title screen. Got in once in three tries and managed to get into MyGm but it crashed to the main menu when i purchased some for VC. Now it wants me to make a new myplayer every time it boots up.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

# 60 oouie433 @ 12/30/13 08:46 PM
ps4

just spent 650 vc to upgrade mycareer player

was kicked back to the main menu, AFTER it took my vc

hope it registered the upgrade

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.