Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

Gamestop always seems to release a few nuggets of information before game companies do. It looks like they have come through yet again with a few Madden NFL 15 connected franchise details. While it isn't much, it's definitely something worth talking about, at least until EA Sports and the Madden team decide to.

Quote:
Connected Franchise - Interact and build your team with more control in Game Prep all-new to CFM. Want to develop your backup QB? Between matchups, spend extra time on him each week to earn training points without having to force him into the real games before he is ready. Also new in CFM is the Confidence rating system. Build your teams' confidence through performance and front office transactions. Balance keeping player's confidence up, to increase abilities and build player XP.

Let us know what you think.

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 DeuceDouglas @ 07/30/14 06:21 AM
I really hope they took things further than just practice. I too am not that fond of the XP system and much prefer the old progression circa Madden 2004. Obviously XP is here to stay for now so I hope at the very least there is some additional mechanics other than just practice. Something like a coaching staff where the coaches add some sort of multiplier to XP that you gain. So maybe your better at developing receivers than lineman. I don't know. I'm just desperate to find out what were working with.

# 102 msdm27 @ 07/30/14 06:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I really hope they took things further than just practice. I too am not that fond of the XP system and much prefer the old progression circa Madden 2004. Obviously XP is here to stay for now so I hope at the very least there is some additional mechanics other than just practice. Something like a coaching staff where the coaches add some sort of multiplier to XP that you gain. So maybe your better at developing receivers than lineman. I don't know. I'm just desperate to find out what were working with.
At the very least they have to re-add coaching staff (with some sort of functionality or effect in the game).... I hope :/

# 103 Aggies7 @ 07/30/14 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by msdm27
At the very least they have to re-add coaching staff (with some sort of functionality or effect in the game).... I hope :/

I would love to see assistants added back with ability of retiring players to become coaches.

# 104 DeuceDouglas @ 07/30/14 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
I would love to see assistants added back with ability of retiring players to become coaches.
I was just thinking about a situation from Hard Knocks where all the coaches are sitting around the table discussing who is going to get cut. They ask the RB's coach what RB is the most expendable. Ask the LB's coach if he would miss a certain player.

I was thinking about a scenario where ratings, are for the most part hidden or maybe visible but not absolute (says 89 but could be anything from 75-99). And then during preseason when the cut days come you go through some sort of interaction with these position coaches on who they'd suggest you cut but ultimately you make the final call if you so choose. Kind of like position battles but a little bit different.

You could give coaches different ratings for things like identifying talent, developing players, etc.

# 105 MrPinkBlackrose @ 07/30/14 10:07 AM
I just want to see a real coaching mode...ya know...where Im not punting, kicking, having to make pitches or handoffs on Read/Speed options...my running QB runs on his own like the CPU running QB....no passing icons cluttering the screen. I shouldn't have to snap the ball. In 25, there really wasn't much on the field difference between being a player and a coach. Since they refuse to give me back CPU vs CPU...at least give me a definitive Coach Mode. Why is that so overlooked?

# 106 BCJMU99 @ 07/30/14 10:49 AM
Can folks create draft classes this year? THAT is my only question. Anyone? Anyone?

# 107 mestevo @ 07/30/14 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCJMU99
Can folks create draft classes this year? THAT is my only question. Anyone? Anyone?
Quasi - official word is unlikely

# 108 mavfan21 @ 07/30/14 11:35 AM
As many have stated, and I'll state it again in hopes someone from the Madden team sees it: if the CPU/AI does not train or practice and progress it's players then this new mode is useless.

# 109 Skyboxer @ 07/30/14 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
If this is going to happen, player goes from 90 something to 60 something, then their production on the field should match that drop. If it doesn't, then schemes becomes somewhat useless. I only mention this because D. Harris, who was rated a 60 something for GB's scheme, produced better than Lacey in my CFM. If production doesn't change with scheme, then you can get CHEAP players with an undervalued overall that produces for you (using the actual underlying ratings).

For schemes to be effective, it should force you to use players differently for them to be effective.
Totally agree.
Personally I hate ratings at all. Wish they'd go away or just be hidden. Have a real combine etc.. and let action/performance on the field dictate who the coaches want to have on roster.
A WR could have 60 catches and 20 TD's and be rated a 70 then another WR has 15 catches for 5 TD's and be rated a 85.. and the CPU will take the 85 WR everytime.

Of course with this change EA would have to reprogram the AI to look at production over an overall rating.

There's so many things we as a group can come up with ..
it's simply frustrating at times.

# 110 Darkwolf90 @ 07/30/14 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPinkBlackrose
I just want to see a real coaching mode...ya know...where Im not punting, kicking, having to make pitches or handoffs on Read/Speed options...my running QB runs on his own like the CPU running QB....no passing icons cluttering the screen. I shouldn't have to snap the ball. In 25, there really wasn't much on the field difference between being a player and a coach. Since they refuse to give me back CPU vs CPU...at least give me a definitive Coach Mode. Why is that so overlooked?
I'd be guessing about this, but it might be that EA doesn't think there are many players who want that. Me personally if I wanted watch a game I'd play Head Coach, or watch an actual Football game on TV. But everyone has their idea of whats fun in Madden, and my guess is that EA is focused on other areas and probably doesn't see a "Coaches Mode" like you want, as a top priority. I know it was in Madden before and I don't remember if it was put back for M25, but its something they should put back in, if they didn't for M25, for those who want it as an option.

# 111 MrPinkBlackrose @ 07/30/14 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkwolf90
I'd be guessing about this, but it might be that EA doesn't think there are many players who want that. Me personally if I wanted watch a game I'd play Head Coach, or watch an actual Football game on TV. But everyone has their idea of whats fun in Madden, and my guess is that EA is focused on other areas and probably doesn't see a "Coaches Mode" like you want, as a top priority. I know it was in Madden before and I don't remember if it was put back for M25, but its something they should put back in, if they didn't for M25, for those who want it as an option.
I do understand that people who play or desire to play that way are in the minority. I understand that their focus is growing MUT because its a money maker for them post-purchase, though I personally never play online. I just don't understand having a Coach Mode or the ability to select being a coach in CFM if you're not going to actually make it an authentic coaching experience. I'd rather them not include it at all than to 1/2 arse it.

# 112 Darkwolf90 @ 07/30/14 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPinkBlackrose
I do understand that people who play or desire to play that way are in the minority. I understand that their focus is growing MUT because its a money maker for them post-purchase, though I personally never play online. I just don't understand having a Coach Mode or the ability to select being a coach in CFM if you're not going to actually make it an authentic coaching experience. I'd rather them not include it at all than to 1/2 arse it.
I completely understand, and I fell pretty much the same about player mode, I really miss being drafted and not picking the team I play for. I might not have always liked where I was drafted in past maddens but at least it was realistic.

# 113 StefJoeHalt @ 07/30/14 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Totally agree.
Personally I hate ratings at all. Wish they'd go away or just be hidden. Have a real combine etc.. and let action/performance on the field dictate who the coaches want to have on roster.
A WR could have 60 catches and 20 TD's and be rated a 70 then another WR has 15 catches for 5 TD's and be rated a 85.. and the CPU will take the 85 WR everytime.

Of course with this change EA would have to reprogram the AI to look at production over an overall rating.

There's so many things we as a group can come up with ..
it's simply frustrating at times.

I also agree about ratings hide them..or have an option to hide them..each year before preseason starts have a "conditioning test" to see where players are ability (ie ratings but insist of ratings forty times, strength test..etc) wise (since it's all the craze now in NFL)..

# 114 CM Hooe @ 07/30/14 10:16 PM
Unless I'm mistaken, it appears that CFM now allows for multiple attributes to be upgraded at once.

I grabbed this screen cap from the Madden NFL 15 Presentation live stream archive on Twitch.

If I'm indeed interpreting this correctly, thank heavens.

# 115 TheBleedingRed21 @ 07/30/14 10:22 PM
Holy freaking crap. THANK YOU. That was a huge issue for me on upgrading players. Took so damn long I get tired of doing it.

# 116 CM Hooe @ 07/30/14 10:51 PM
Also, it looks like the ratings may have explanation help text in that same screen. Which would be massively helpful, even if only gives a half-sentence blurb.

Further observation, it appears Consistency is now a 0-99 player rating category, rather than a one through five stars DPP trait.

# 117 Smoke316 @ 07/31/14 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lopey986
Yeah, that's part of what I hate as well, users are basically playing a different game than the computer teams. That is what I fear with this skills trainer, is it is something the computer won't utilize so we will be able to pump our teams up faster and better than the computer.
Guys get cut for a multitude of reasons. Just look at Chris Johnson. He can still play, still effective, but doesn't fit Whisenhunt scheme. Along with being paid way too much . So it happens man

# 118 Aggies7 @ 07/31/14 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCJMU99

As Mestevo said there has been no official confirmation, but from rumblings around the internet so far it sounds like it will not be an option this year.

# 119 saynt614 @ 07/31/14 12:08 PM
I hope they made it so we can just spend all the xp at once instead of one level at a time... it baffles me that that have an XP system to begin with... but it's so annoying that i had to level something up 1 level at a time then go back to the stat and do it again and again and again... taking 10 mins just to increase one stat by 20 or so.

# 120 saynt614 @ 07/31/14 12:12 PM
So no NCAA 15 this year?

So no imported draft classes?

So we seriously have to listen to the terrible fake player back stories during the draft that have unrealistic names?

Last year they had a MLB named Wolverine Justice.... seriously? WTF EA

Put a damn Draft Class Creator in the game already.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.