Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

Gamestop always seems to release a few nuggets of information before game companies do. It looks like they have come through yet again with a few Madden NFL 15 connected franchise details. While it isn't much, it's definitely something worth talking about, at least until EA Sports and the Madden team decide to.

Quote:
Connected Franchise - Interact and build your team with more control in Game Prep all-new to CFM. Want to develop your backup QB? Between matchups, spend extra time on him each week to earn training points without having to force him into the real games before he is ready. Also new in CFM is the Confidence rating system. Build your teams' confidence through performance and front office transactions. Balance keeping player's confidence up, to increase abilities and build player XP.

Let us know what you think.

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 bcruise @ 08/02/14 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
This might have some merit if DPP was ever removed from the game.

However, it has been present in every released Madden game since Madden 12 inclusive.
Yep. DPP is the effect on a player's traits changing mid-game (like a QB's pocket presence or a RB's tendency to cover the ball. Confidence (as it was last year, anyway) relates directly to hot and cold streaks. Very Good confidence = Hot, Very Poor = Cold. Confidence doesn't change mid-game, only from week to week in CFM.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

# 162 Sheba2011 @ 08/03/14 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
What's funny is that aggravates me more than the names. It's just not authentic to have so many players from all these little known schools. I know it happens but, it's not the usual. Every draft has about 50+ from just the SEC.

At lest you can edit that in CFM.
I could honestly care less about the names, there's a guy named HaHa, Captain and Ace playing in the real NFL. But in the real NFL according to CBS Sports over the last 5 drafts an average of 25 players from non FBS schools have been drafted. I counted over 50 once in one Madden draft class and then I got annoyed and stopped, there were plenty more.

# 163 ForUntoOblivionSoar∞ @ 08/03/14 05:18 AM
Not interested in that.

I want to read "all new realistic practice squad" or "all new realistic waiver wire" or "interact with new training camp off season schedule" or "all new realistic scouting mechanism."

I don't want more refined RPG elements. I want NFL elements.

But that's just me, what do I know...

# 164 baseballphanatic @ 08/03/14 05:36 AM
I can't remember the last time I saw this but I would love to see "holdouts" happen again. If they have been in this whole time I havent come across one but I remember they used to be a huge pain dealing with that player.On the stadium side of it I would love to be able to actuall build my own stadium! The generic stadiums r a joke. I plan on using the Chargers and their stadium is a absolute dump so obviously i'd rather build something to the style of Levi Stadium rather then a cookie cutter stadium. Building/upgrading facilities would be cool also.

# 165 Sheba2011 @ 08/03/14 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballphanatic
I can't remember the last time I saw this but I would love to see "holdouts" happen again. If they have been in this whole time I havent come across one but I remember they used to be a huge pain dealing with that player.On the stadium side of it I would love to be able to actuall build my own stadium! The generic stadiums r a joke. I plan on using the Chargers and their stadium is a absolute dump so obviously i'd rather build something to the style of Levi Stadium rather then a cookie cutter stadium. Building/upgrading facilities would be cool also.
I would love to see holdouts, suspensions, etc. The NFL will never allow most of that though because it makes the league look bad. As for the stadiums I agree with you they need to return to what they had in past Madden's where you could actually design the stadium yourself. Even if they just allowed us to change the logo's, endzone, sidelines and field I would be happy.

# 166 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 08/03/14 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
I would love to see holdouts, suspensions, etc. The NFL will never allow most of that though because it makes the league look bad. As for the stadiums I agree with you they need to return to what they had in past Madden's where you could actually design the stadium yourself. Even if they just allowed us to change the logo's, endzone, sidelines and field I would be happy.

Which is sad because this stuff all used to be in the game, and I'm pretty sure it was even in as recently as NFL HC 09.

# 167 baseballphanatic @ 08/03/14 08:15 AM
Has their been any word on if they are adding to relocation cities?? I am not all for going crazy like going to Mexico or Ireland but I like the idea of Las Vegas being an option (doubtful) and specially with the Raiders mentioning that San Antonio is a possible moving site it shouldn't be completely ignored i think.

# 168 bad_philanthropy @ 08/03/14 08:34 AM
Quote:
Has their been any word on if they are adding to relocation cities?? I am not all for going crazy like going to Mexico or Ireland but I like the idea of Las Vegas being an option (doubtful) and specially with the Raiders mentioning that San Antonio is a possible moving site it shouldn't be completely ignored i think.
San Antonio was in last year.

# 169 baseballphanatic @ 08/03/14 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
San Antonio was in last year.
I know. Was really just using that as an example of a team trying to move

# 170 Jershy88 @ 08/03/14 09:52 AM
I highly doubt that the NFL cares at all about most game elements. Suspensions are another story though, you couldn't randomly have a player test positive or break the law...that seems silly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011

# 171 mestevo @ 08/03/14 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jershy88
I highly doubt that the NFL cares at all about most game elements. Suspensions are another story though, you couldn't randomly have a player test positive or break the law...that seems silly.
Some things like that are also disallowed by the NFLPA license, it's not just an NFL thing.

# 172 Sheba2011 @ 08/03/14 01:04 PM
Quote:
Josh held a competition in March for people to redesign logos, uniforms and change cities for team relocation. We have to wait to see what made the final cut but San Antonio was available last year.

# 173 btvs @ 08/03/14 01:32 PM
Its so obvious that CFM didn't get much of an upgrade. They should release some news this week talking about how they revamped the sim stats AGAIN and more XP crap. And then they will go on about how the draft classes will always be different every season. which they have been saying for two years.

# 174 Primo80 @ 08/03/14 01:44 PM
I think M25's CFM was very manageable but there was one thing that ruined it for me. The draft classes made me lose interest, causing me to start a new CFM. Dont think I ever made it to a regular season year 3.

Obviously, there were the head-scratching player ratings, the permanent long sleeve players, and the bulky elbow pad players that littered the landscape by season 3. I couldnt get past that lack of attention to detail in a game mode I was supposedly enjoying by investing in my team's future. Draft classes are the whole point of this game mode in my opinion.

For anyone who hasnt played EA NHL's Be a Pro or EASHL mode, you create a persistent skater who keeps his identity, vitals and attributes the same until you change or upgrade him. It is similar to Madden's superstar mode, except this created player is tied to your account instead of confined to a career mode.

I propose Madden use this template for Superstar mode. With that in place, a system of sharing your gridiron avatar could be devised, my thought being that for every online game you play, your opponent's created player is downloaded and saved into your draft classes folder.

OTP games would fill that folder in a hurry.

These avatars, through achievements or upgrades, could become more valuable as time goes on, thereby giving incentive to play all the modes I mentioned well after the RL season ends. You play Superstar mode to make your avatar better, you play online modes to download other avatars, you start a new season when you have accumulated new draft classes.

Imagine ranking up your avatar until he becomes a first round draft pick in 75% of all CFM modes he appears in. Or drafting players from your friends list and sending them to the pro bowl. Tons of possibilities.

# 175 Gman 18 @ 08/03/14 03:41 PM
I dont know if this has been mentioned yet, but it would be great if before we sign a player in CFM, we could give him a tryout, like in real life, and make him do some drills based on his position to see if he fits the mold of the team we are playing as, and if he impresses enough to win a roster spot on the team

# 176 Primo80 @ 08/03/14 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman 18
I dont know if this has been mentioned yet, but it would be great if before we sign a player in CFM, we could give him a tryout, like in real life, and make him do some drills based on his position to see if he fits the mold of the team we are playing as, and if he impresses enough to win a roster spot on the team
Yeah man, I've always wanted them to show you "Game film" and generate a few plays where a player has the camera focused on him. You could spend points to unlock another game clip to see what kind of stuff the prospect does on the field.

It would be so sweet cuz you would also be seeing what the guy looks like in pads, too.

# 177 aphbeast @ 08/03/14 04:12 PM
Connected Franchise seems like its gonna be better than last year i'm glad.Thanks Ea

# 178 badluck22 @ 08/03/14 05:44 PM
Everything big has been talked about, two small things that bug me that are at the top of my head right and that i hope are addressed in 15:

White Sleeve Glitch(granted i havent played madden next gen so i dont know if it even made it to the next gen madden 25) this goes with fixing draft classes but it really bugs me seeing my players with those white sleeves

Popularity: It doesnt go up for me, i drafted a qb 1st overall and hes been lighting it up, future hall of famer and hes not even on my list of most popular player on the team as far as jersey sales or anything like that.

I know there are a ton of more important things that need to be addressed but these are whats bugging me right now as i play CFM.

# 179 Gman 18 @ 08/05/14 12:04 PM
I also hope that injuries finally occur in practice, like they do in real life. That would make practice a lot more realistic

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

# 180 DNMHIII @ 08/05/14 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman 18
I also hope that injuries finally occur in practice, like they do in real life. That would make practice a lot more realistic

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
If they added practice squads I'd be open to this, but there's enough injuries as is IMO.

If they added training staffs that you could upgrade that would help with prevention and healing it would cool.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.