Home
WWE SuperCard News Post

2K has announced WWE SuperCard (see trailer here), available on the AppStore, Amazon Appstore and Google Play Store (Thanks T.J.).

WWE SuperCard puts the power of WWE Superstars, Legends, and Divas in your hands by bringing the hard-hitting, larger-than-life action of WWE to mobile in a brand new card battle game!
  • Massive WWE Roster - Collect your favorite WWE Superstars, Divas, Legends and Managers to build your roster and compete online against other players in multiple game modes! With more than 400 collectible cards, the action never stops!
  • Fast-Paced Player vs. Player Action - Take your five-man team online against other players to test your skills. Win your matches and earn new cards to add to your roster!
  • Customize Your Team - Discover cards of different rarities to assemble the ultimate WWE team. Train or combine your cards to upgrade their levels and unlock their full potential.
  • King Of The Ring - Put your deck to the ultimate test by playing in the King Of The Ring tournament. Manage your deck wisely in this 16 person multi-day tournament because the higher you rank, the bigger the reward!
  • Expanding Universe - The WWE SuperCard Universe will regularly expand with roster updates, so you’ll always find yourself discovering new cards!

WWE SuperCard screenshot gallery - Click to view WWE SuperCard screenshot gallery - Click to view WWE SuperCard screenshot gallery - Click to view WWE SuperCard screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: WWE SuperCardReader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: Android / iOSVotes for game: 1 - View All
WWE SuperCard Videos
Member Comments
# 1 oneamongthefence @ 08/13/14 05:38 PM
I wonder if there will be any gameplay of if the matches are simulated.

# 2 SmashMan @ 08/13/14 06:57 PM
This looks very similar to the mobile MyTeam on the NBA2K app.

# 3 oneamongthefence @ 08/13/14 07:14 PM
So it looks pretty passive and a bit ridiculous with the cards.

# 4 CM Hooe @ 08/13/14 09:22 PM
Maybe I'm missing something - and please feel free to enlighten me - but what part of this game is supposed to be fun? It's basically just picking cards and hoping your card's numbers is higher than your opponent's card's numbers?

# 5 McDiddy @ 08/13/14 09:55 PM
Looks interesting. Will have to try it out when it comes out tomorrow.

# 6 SmashMan @ 08/13/14 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Maybe I'm missing something - and please feel free to enlighten me - but what part of this game is supposed to be fun? It's basically just picking cards and hoping your card's numbers is higher than your opponent's card's numbers?
That's kind of the gist of it.

In NBA you have a starting lineup of five player cards. You can also combine duplicates to give them a small boost, or use these lower-level cards to 'train' your better players. For example, if you have a guy with good defense but bad everywhere else you can use him boost a more well-rounded player who might be lacking defensively.

Each game is broken up into four rounds (quarters), and before each round it tells you what that round will be scored on (Offense, Defense, Ball Control, Mental Game) and you choose which card to play each round. You can also play a modifier card (one per game) to knock down your opponent's applicable ratings or to boost yours for that quarter.

I'm not sure how it counts points per quarter, but the highest cumulative total at the end wins. You get 50 VC per win and a random pick of two cards to further your team.

# 7 Ermolli @ 08/14/14 12:08 AM
So it's basically MyTeam WWE version.
I'll only play it in WWE2K15 there's some sort of in-game currency and this app gives me some easily.

# 8 SmashMan @ 08/14/14 01:20 AM
This is up for iOS now. Not sure about anything else because I don't have any of those devices.

# 9 AirJordanFan93 @ 08/14/14 03:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
This is up for iOS now. Not sure about anything else because I don't have any of those devices.
I beleive this is also going to be released on Android as well.

# 10 MoneyOvaHuds @ 08/14/14 03:14 AM
WORLDSTARRRRRR

# 11 CM Hooe @ 08/14/14 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceeWarrior
Just the feeling of whether or not your going to pull a good card from the board. Its fun for me cause I used to be a TCG collector and I love the rush of seeing what you get and beating others
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
That's kind of the gist of it.

In NBA you have a starting lineup of five player cards. You can also combine duplicates to give them a small boost, or use these lower-level cards to 'train' your better players. For example, if you have a guy with good defense but bad everywhere else you can use him boost a more well-rounded player who might be lacking defensively.

Each game is broken up into four rounds (quarters), and before each round it tells you what that round will be scored on (Offense, Defense, Ball Control, Mental Game) and you choose which card to play each round. You can also play a modifier card (one per game) to knock down your opponent's applicable ratings or to boost yours for that quarter.

I'm not sure how it counts points per quarter, but the highest cumulative total at the end wins. You get 50 VC per win and a random pick of two cards to further your team.
I see.

I've played a few CCGs too; not a grizzled veteran, per se, but I know my way around a game of Magic: The Gathering, I used to play in a Pokemon TCG league, and I frequently played the defunct WWF Raw Deal with my friends.

This game just doesn't strike me as nearly as engaging a game as any of those above. The gameplay mechanics are severely limited, and there's no deck building strategy other than "increase your numbers". I pretty much am seeing a thinly veiled engine for micro transactions with as little gameplay as possible.

Basically, I would never ever play this, as I don't see any value in it relative to other card-based games. If you enjoy it, more power to you, though!

# 12 lynkraid @ 08/14/14 12:26 PM
This the best crap WWE can come up with? At least give us a actual wresting game, or legit board game if your going to make something this lame.

# 13 StoneColdSwede @ 08/14/14 01:03 PM
This is fun!

I have an immense dream team going, led by rare Lesnar. The only weak link is common AJ, but I'm doing my best to train her.

And bringing it home are the uncommons; D-Bry, Yoko F'N Zuna and Cesaro.

# 14 MoneyOvaHuds @ 08/14/14 01:22 PM
I just got a super rare AJ Lee card , I'm sure once 2k15 will update it so you can sync it with the game if they add VC .

# 15 MoneyOvaHuds @ 08/14/14 01:54 PM

# 16 SmashMan @ 08/14/14 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
This game just doesn't strike me as nearly as engaging a game as any of those above. The gameplay mechanics are severely limited, and there's no deck building strategy other than "increase your numbers". I pretty much am seeing a thinly veiled engine for micro transactions with as little gameplay as possible.
This is true in the sense that the gameplay is limited at best. It is very much a "build the highest deck" thing.

I will say that one thing it has going for it is that it doesn't beat you over the head with "spend real money!" prompts, and I've never seen one in the NBA2K version. The only prompts you see are when you go into the applicable menu screens, which I thought was refreshing for a free-to-play game.

# 17 xInfinityRelapses @ 08/14/14 02:55 PM
250 win mark achieved

# 18 Aggies7 @ 08/14/14 03:43 PM
Just downloaded this. Good way to pass time. Nothing all that great, but I will still play around with it every once and awhile.

Once you have cards can you only use them so many times before they go away or do you just keep training them?

# 19 MoneyOvaHuds @ 08/14/14 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
Just downloaded this. Good way to pass time. Nothing all that great, but I will still play around with it every once and awhile.

Once you have cards can you only use them so many times before they go away or do you just keep training them?
You keep all your cards

# 20 Aggies7 @ 08/14/14 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyOvaHuds
You keep all your cards

Ok so that brings me to this point. What is the point of the "common" cards. Why not just stack your deck with all rare and "uncommon" cards? Or is that the point?

Just didn't want to use up all of my rare cards if they go away after so many matches.

« Previous123456789502503Next »

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.