Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

GameInformer has posted an article listing "29 Reasons Why MyGM May Be the Future of Franchise Modes," going over the new conversation system, GM tools, scouting, player progression, offseason, and much more in NBA 2K15's MyGM mode.

Here are some tidbits from the article:
  • On Virtual Currency: "Visual Concepts is distancing itself from its controversial approach to injecting VC into the MyGM experience last year. In NBA 2K15 the VC is nearly stripped out of the mode in favor of a leveling system where you accrue XP for every action you take."
  • On Total Control: "In response to last year's backlash regarding basic functions being hidden behind the upgrade system, Visual Concepts has surfaced the vital skills that form the backbone of the GM experience. Every GM has full control of trades, free agency, player rotations, coach firings, etc. right from the start. "
  • A new Sim feature: "Strategy-minded players who prefer a hands-off approach should check out SimCast. This new system allows you to manage rotations, strategies, sliders, and points of emphasis before hitting the start button on a sim."
  • New Scouting System: "A new pro scouting system analyzes how your team stacks up against your next opponent. Feedback includes areas of weakness you can exploit in the rival team, an analysis of their biggest threats, the team stats, and suggested points of emphasis."
  • New Draftee Storylines: "Visual Concepts plans to surface several storylines throughout the year based on research it did on the last 20-30 draft classes. The various types of players you could encounter include flash-in-the-pan players who may be at their full potential already on draft day, late bloomers who rise up the draft board at the last minute, players with serious injury concerns that you may not know about unless you him in for a visit."
  • College Stats: "For NBA 2K15 Visual Concepts built an engine to simulate an entire college season, giving you the ability to look at the stats of all draft candidates."
  • Draft Combine is in: "NBA 2K15 adds the draft combine to the mix this year, where you may find out that a school is playing fast and loose with the height and weights they list in their game programs."
  • Better Player Progression: "Visual Concepts has done a significant amount of work on player progression this year. Before, all you could do was train them in the offseason. This year that progression is split between the offseason workouts and in-season training."
  • Better Offseason Logic: "Visual Concepts says the CPU-controlled teams in NBA 2K15 have improved logic this year when managing their roster balance. Teams should better recognize that they don't need to spend on another point guard if their team already has a viable starter and will know to use their resources elsewhere."
Be sure to check out the full article for many more details on MyGM mode.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 221 loso_34 @ 09/06/14 05:19 PM
Any news on online leagues? We able to upload updated rosters?

# 222 cowboy_kmoney @ 09/07/14 01:02 AM
So do anyone knw what all will make it into the 360 versión?

# 223 strawberryshortcake @ 09/07/14 01:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
No disrespect to you and I know it's OT, but it's naive to think that getting foot planting to be true to life would lead to BETTER control. However, "better" is up for interpretation. If better means more realistic and such, then yes. If it means more responsive in terms of twitch ( which many people consider optimal ), then no.
Better control in terms of more realistic control.

If people want to be able to stop physics in its track, magically recover even if real physics/momentum has been mathematically calculated and do unrealistic things, they should not use the word simulation.

If you push the analog stick to the left on defense, and the offensive ball handler moves to the right to drive the paint, the defender realistically needs to plant his foot, push off that same foot to reverse momentum. I want to see real footplant accounted for, not sliding to recover by omitting a physics based weighted forceful footplant.

The problem with some of 2k's animation is that they're unrealistically slow. Floaty jumps in the paint, swiping at the ball and you are slow to recover, defensive footplant or lack thereof, etc. In real life, when you execute these particular moves, you're not really that slow. 2k's defenders do footplant but every so often, you would see defenders try to defend the ball handler (or even none ball handler) by sliding.

Bottom line, I want to see realistic footplant better implemented on the defensive side of the ball. Better control meaning more realistic control.

# 224 Boilerbuzz @ 09/07/14 02:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
Better control in terms of more realistic control.

If people want to be able to stop physics in its track, magically recover even if real physics/momentum has been mathematically calculated and do unrealistic things, they should not use the word simulation.

If you push the analog stick to the left on defense, and the offensive ball handler moves to the right to drive the paint, the defender realistically needs to plant his foot, push off that same foot to reverse momentum. I want to see real footplant accounted for, not sliding to recover by omitting a physics based weighted forceful footplant.

The problem with some of 2k's animation is that they're unrealistically slow. Floaty jumps in the paint, swiping at the ball and you are slow to recover, defensive footplant or lack thereof, etc. In real life, when you execute these particular moves, you're not really that slow. 2k's defenders do footplant but every so often, you would see defenders try to defend the ball handler (or even none ball handler) by sliding.

Bottom line, I want to see realistic footplant better implemented on the defensive side of the ball. Better control meaning more realistic control.
Thanks for clarifying that, sir. I agree.

# 225 squid56 @ 09/07/14 08:47 AM
2K15's MyGM looks very dope from the looks of it. I really hope that it's going to be a better myGM than this years.

# 226 DopeSean10 @ 09/07/14 12:50 PM
So no more CPUs signing a star pg if they already have a star pg??? Awesome! I hated it when I saw a team like OKC. Sign someone like Nate Robinson in the free agents an then see him not get any minutes...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 227 RM813 @ 09/07/14 07:04 PM
Everything sounds great and I have already preordered, so I am excited. Im one of the few who didn't mind buying VC and used it to become a star GM. My question and it has not been brought up at all in this thread is XP the same as VC, but changing the name? How do you get to be a better GM and earn XP? Can you purchase XP as you did VC?

# 228 Anthony292 @ 09/07/14 09:33 PM
I'm gonna make a player with the worst injury rating on every body part to test this new injury 2.0 out. Constantly drive to the basket with him and make some sharp cuts to see if it does anything.

# 229 GudStuffzz @ 09/08/14 12:13 AM
wow, this sounds amazing. 2k has really stepped it up this year, I just hope to god the controls are more responsive. 2k14's responsiveness felt really sluggish/delayed IMO (ps4 version). Damn, I was really set on buying live 1st this year but 2k won me back, just so many promising features to look forward to

# 230 Dr. Banner @ 09/08/14 01:40 AM
Well you suckered me in again 2k. I'm in.

# 231 Danbo80 @ 09/08/14 02:20 AM
This new injury system sounds great, Has any work been done to played game injuries?
In the past they didn't occur very frequently. Most injuries occured during simmed games.
Also, are there any new injury animations or cut scenes?

# 232 PippenAintEasy @ 09/08/14 03:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DopeSean10
So no more CPUs signing a star pg if they already have a star pg??? Awesome! I hated it when I saw a team like OKC. Sign someone like Nate Robinson in the free agents an then see him not get any minutes...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, OKC signing Nate Robinson is super unrealistic.

(I get what you were going for, but Nate Rob is not a star PG, nor would it be surprising if a contender signed him and didn't play him a ton)

# 233 R9NALD9 @ 09/08/14 07:18 AM
I don't want to be funny hey, but NBA 2k15 sounds incredible.

# 234 Leftos @ 09/08/14 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbo80
This new injury system sounds great, Has any work been done to played game injuries?
In the past they didn't occur very frequently. Most injuries occured during simmed games.
Also, are there any new injury animations or cut scenes?
Depends on your quarter length, but with default settings and a quarter length of 5-12 minutes, the balance we're trying to maintain from both played and simmed games is 1 injury per 4 games. You can adjust the sliders, of course, if you disagree with that ratio or just want to adjust your experience.

# 235 lakers24 @ 09/08/14 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
Depends on your quarter length, but with default settings and a quarter length of 5-12 minutes, the balance we're trying to maintain from both played and simmed games is 1 injury per 4 games. You can adjust the sliders, of course, if you disagree with that ratio or just want to adjust your experience.
Hey Leftos, Idk if you can speak on this, but after you get injured (like spraining an ankle) will the player visibly limp while walking and running? In 2k14 it seemed like you could run full speed after w/ no limp. Also, do you know if it's possible for injured players to sit on the bench in street clothes or will that stay a glitch that was in 2k11?

# 236 jethrotull @ 09/08/14 03:48 PM
Remember what happened when story lines were introduced for draft prospects for Madden? We were no longer able to edit the draft classes. Can anyone confirm we are still able to edit them? Even with more control for faces etc?

# 237 Leftos @ 09/08/14 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jethrotull
Remember what happened when story lines were introduced for draft prospects for Madden? We were no longer able to edit the draft classes. Can anyone confirm we are still able to edit them? Even with more control for faces etc?
Draft Classes will be fully editable and sharable.

# 238 vick4realz @ 09/08/14 07:02 PM
Will we see 2K Share return?

# 239 Leftos @ 09/08/14 07:49 PM
You have multiple slots for editable rosters and draft classes this year. You're not forced to upload the roster anymore. You can keep working on it locally, and if/when you decide to share it with the world, you can opt to upload it. You can keep editing it and using it locally, no upload/download. This should help both minimize editing delays as well as using others' rosters. With that, you can create a local copy of another user's roster that you like so that you can keep using it and also make your own edits on it. No more downloading the roster every time you want to use it.

Same concepts apply to Draft Classes.

# 240 Gosens6 @ 09/08/14 07:51 PM
Leftos, I can't think you and the dev team enough for listening to all of our feedback (and complaints) from last year and implementing almost everything us hardcore offline players have been craving.

Now this is the reason to own a next gen system if you're a basketball fan. Thank you again for all the hard work that went into this

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.