Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

Check out the latest NBA 2K15 gameplay video from IpodKingCarter, featuring the Miami Heat vs. New York Knicks.

Post your thoughts.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 201 KyotoCarl @ 09/15/14 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts18
Actually he is right. The best way to assess the AI is to play and AI vs AI game. Why you ask? Humans get in the way. We mess everything up with our constant switching on/off defenders. Being out of place defensively can cause a teammate to overcompensate in certain situations. Which is why I have always said that the best way to PLAY the game is Player Lock.

But he is right/
Wouldn't the true test be to see how the AI reacts to human interplay? Humans aren't as predictable as an AI is. We can be random and truly put the AI to the test.
That's why I don't think CPU vs CPU is the best way to test an AI.

# 202 turty11 @ 09/15/14 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
Wouldn't the true test be to see how the AI reacts to human interplay? Humans aren't as predictable as an AI is. We can be random and truly put the AI to the test.
That's why I don't think CPU vs CPU is the best way to test an AI.
cpu vs cpu is the simplest of interactions because its more predictable as you said. if the cpu cant handle the cpu, theres NO CHANCE, it can handle a human. thats why im saying i need to see something good out of cpu cpu games

# 203 23 @ 09/15/14 06:47 PM
I just want to hear what they did this year.
Screw arguing over a video. This game of show or be showed up is lame.

At least let these guys talk because they want to. I don't care about being surprised about EVERYTHING. I'm not 8 and this is not Christmas eve

# 204 KyotoCarl @ 09/15/14 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turty11
cpu vs cpu is the simplest of interactions because its more predictable as you said. if the cpu cant handle the cpu, theres NO CHANCE, it can handle a human. thats why im saying i need to see something good out of cpu cpu games
But the game usually plays very well in user vs CPU. Each year seeing CPU vs CPU is underwhelming but once you get the game and play it it feels great.

# 205 turty11 @ 09/15/14 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
But the game usually plays very well in user vs CPU. Each year seeing CPU vs CPU is underwhelming but once you get the game and play it it feels great.
its nice at first, but the longer you play the more noticeable the "issues" are and the more annoying it gets.

teammate and opponent AI is existent, but its so far beyond horrible there is no word for it.

give me no AI, and teammates that stand there and dont move, or give me teammates that are reasonably "smart" --IE not running multiple defenders infront of me as i try shooting, give me space, so on

# 206 I Djm @ 09/15/14 07:40 PM
Quote:
its nice at first, but the longer you play the more noticeable the "issues" are and the more annoying it gets.

teammate and opponent AI is existent, but its so far beyond horrible there is no word for it.

give me no AI, and teammates that stand there and dont move, or give me teammates that are reasonably "smart" --IE not running multiple defenders infront of me as i try shooting, give me space, so on
Yes im the same way thats all i truly want semi smart a.i

# 207 Pared @ 09/15/14 08:06 PM
This thread is disgusting. A car wreck - I can't look away.

If I worked there I would hate discussing this with some of you. Goodness. Going to make the guys go back into hiding eventually.

And ruin it for the rest of us.

# 208 vtcrb @ 09/15/14 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
This thread is disgusting. A car wreck - I can't look away.

If I worked there I would hate discussing this with some of you. Goodness. Going to make the guys go back into hiding eventually.

And ruin it for the rest of us.
Come on Ever thread cant be a Praise thread. They NEED feedback from the Community to push them to make the game the Best it can be.

# 209 jadert @ 09/15/14 08:28 PM
Quote:

This is the beauty of having 2 games. I'm sure the other game will be the opposite of this one in terms of gameplay, so it seems like that game may be more for your tastes. Judging by your posts, you aren't impressed with 2K or what they are attempting to do this year. Good thing there is still a choice in basketball. If this was Madden you were upset about, you would be screwed.

I know what to expect from 2K. I've played enough iterations to know what we'll be getting. 2K14's gameplay was fine for the most part. There were some flaws (passing, offensive rebounding, VC etc.), but I understand that anytime you try to replicate or simulate "real life' there are inherent challenges. There will never be that perfect balance and these threads will exist forever. I think that 2K gets it right more than any other basketball game however, so that is why I continue to buy it.

# 210 Pared @ 09/15/14 08:29 PM
These guys are addressing your negatives. The problem is you can't really converse with them until you've tried the game.

If I show you an ESPN highlight real of any game you would think it was a "dunkfest" or some other unfair judgement.

Having deep conversations over these rough clips is a bad move. Unless it is a definite, like the discussion over a particular animation.

# 211 luda06 @ 09/15/14 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
Come on Ever thread cant be a Praise thread. They NEED feedback from the Community to push them to make the game the Best it can be.
There's a line between criticism and being counterproductive. When a person directly involved with the game says the following (or in the context of), "I hear what you're saying, but we..."

There's not much else you can really say to that, considering we don't have our hands on the game to comprehend their perspective.

# 212 vtcrb @ 09/15/14 08:36 PM
Quote:
These guys are addressing your negatives. The problem is you can't really converse with them until you've tried the game.

If I show you an ESPN highlight real of any game you would think it was a "dunkfest" or some other unfair judgement.

Having deep conversations over these rough clips is a bad move. Unless it is a definite, like the discussion over a particular animation.
I understand. BEDs and I talked it over and we both see where the other is coming from.

It is the SAME with Madden, NBA Live, NHL, FIFA, UFC, WWE, etc in other threads/forums, tons of Opinions/etc formed Over Videos, not sure why this Game is any different. If a video is posted you have to expect feedback from it, Whether it is Positive or Negative. Now some stuff does get Redundant I agree.

All in all we just want the Best Game possible(whichever game that is) so ALL Valid feedback should be appreciated, as we can ONLY go Off of what we have been given.

# 213 Pared @ 09/15/14 09:37 PM
Given how long some of us have been here, I think you should understand we kind of know that already.

# 214 vtcrb @ 09/15/14 09:43 PM
Quote:
Given how long some of us have been here, I think you should understand we kind of know that already.
You are right. Too bad being a Longtime Member, doesnt help raise Members IQs. LOL. Anyway I dont want to derail the thread anymore. We will all just have to wait until New Videos with updated Rosters.

# 215 23 @ 09/15/14 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
You are right. Too bad being a Longtime Member, doesnt help raise Members IQs. LOL. Anyway I dont want to derail the thread anymore. We will all just have to wait until New Videos with updated Rosters.

This is what he's saying would've prevented this disaster in the first place

# 216 Sundown @ 09/15/14 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I just want to hear what they did this year.
Screw arguing over a video. This game of show or be showed up is lame.

At least let these guys talk because they want to. I don't care about being surprised about EVERYTHING. I'm not 8 and this is not Christmas eve
You know what would surprise me? Info.

Man we used to get dev diaries and control videos.

Now it's 5 billion follows or no screenshot for yooou!

And I don't understand how the cat and mouse game is supposed to bring in new fans instead of just stirring old ones into a tizzy.

# 217 23 @ 09/15/14 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown

And I don't understand how the cat and mouse game is supposed to bring in new fans instead of just stirring old ones into a tizzy.
Thats because its not for you, its for the social media audience. Thing is there are guys in place for people like you BEDs, Czar, Leftos, Davez...but they aren't allowed to say but so much right now.

# 218 Superman38134 @ 09/15/14 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown

Ooh Dev Diaries. I remember those. They were GREAT! Man I miss those

# 219 thedream2k13 @ 09/15/14 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Thats because its not for you, its for the social media audience. Thing is there are guys in place for people like you BEDs, Czar, Leftos, Davez...but they aren't allowed to say but so much right now.
Crazy that its 21 days from release and everyone still under NDA

# 220 Sundown @ 09/15/14 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
But most anyone who pays attention to their social media is already a fan, right? Not sure how teasing them for follows really increases market share either.

/headscratch

I like that Da Czar quietly liked your comment.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.