Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

Sony San Diego is currently livestreaming MLB 15 The Show on Twitch.TV with the Senior A.I. Programmer and more. Make sure you check it out here or click the spoiler button to view the embedded stream.

For those of you that miss out, this post will get updated with the archive.

UPDATE: The archive is available now, it starts at roughly the 9:09 mark (spoiler button updated).

For mobile viewers, check it out here. Thanks HozAndMoose!

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Chris_SCEA_Sports @ 03/04/15 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_OS
A little of a nitpick but the bat flip after a swing and strike/foul tip is a bit annoying. Seeing it too many times in the game. I hope they tone this down in future iterations of the game.
Someone else on here mentioned this as well, and I agree.

I just added those anims to the list to recapture for next year and add more variety.

Thanks for the input.

# 102 thaSLAB @ 03/04/15 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
All I have left to see is what Wrigley looks like in the game this year. They showed off Busch last stream so why not Wrigley since that is probably the most drastic change from last year.
I'm afraid there's some bad news in regards to Wrigley...

htcONE [M8] 5.0 | Tapatalk

# 103 kehlis @ 03/04/15 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I think the automation comes in the form of whether or not the game allows you to challenge, though. It won't automatically challenge for you if you don't want to lose your challenge, of course. As I see it, we simply can't will our manager out there on our own.

Anyone remember 2K6 when you could argue calls? That was kind of fun. You got to try and argue by tapping A/X or something and keep it within a certain meter so your team could get a morale boost and your manager wouldn't be ejected. I forget if the game prompted when we wanted to argue as well. I believe it did.

Sweet thanks. I've been completely misunderstanding it and I've asked several times lol. I was thinking it was 100% cosmetic.

# 104 Ghost Of The Year @ 03/04/15 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
I'm afraid there's some bad news in regards to Wrigley...

Yeah, the Cubs play there.
I know it's the dawn of a new era in Wrigleyville, what with the curse being dead, but I still remain skeptical

# 105 bad_philanthropy @ 03/04/15 01:48 PM
Speaking of Wrigley, I wonder if the ivy in franchise mode starts off without leaves that grow in as spring progresses like it did in the PS3 version.

# 106 HypoLuxa13 @ 03/04/15 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
Yeah, the Cubs play there.
I know it's the dawn of a new era in Wrigleyville, what with the curse being dead, but I still remain skeptical
As a Cubs fan, I can't help but be skeptical myself.

But I think TheSLAB was referring to the fact that Ramone confirmed they were forced to take out the video boards from Wrigley (even though they were completed and confirmed to be in the game a few weeks ago), so what we get this year won't have them.

Damn roof top owners screwing us again!

# 107 nemesis04 @ 03/04/15 01:54 PM
Something I was thinking of, if you turn close plays off does that take away the challenge system?

# 108 thaSLAB @ 03/04/15 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by decga
Hey everyone what I take away from these streams that Kirby is the best player of the game on the staff or so it seems... Great watch as always. It is really going to be amazing keeping Heyward and Upton on my currently playing 14' franchise into this new product.
Not to take anything away from Kirby, but Nick really is pretty good. Having played head-to-head and co-op battles with them, they are definitely the top tier... now the gameplay testers, may be on a totally different level.

# 109 thaSLAB @ 03/04/15 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Something I was thinking of, if you turn close plays off does that take away the challenge system?
Good question! Never thought to try it when we were there.

# 110 MrOldboy @ 03/04/15 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoLuxa13
As a Cubs fan, I can't help but be skeptical myself.

But I think TheSLAB was referring to the fact that Ramone confirmed they were forced to take out the video boards from Wrigley (even though they were completed and confirmed to be in the game a few weeks ago), so what we get this year won't have them.

Damn roof top owners screwing us again!
Exactly. It is why I want to see what they even have at this point. When the question was asked during the stream of what renovations got in, they avoided even mentioning Wrigley. It's a pretty big piece missing IMO since the stadium in game will look nothing like the real life stadium once the boards are up.

In a perfect world they could keep two versions of the stadium on disc and in a patch have the game use Wrigley_2 instead of _1. Sadly I doubt they could ever do this.

# 111 bronxbombers21325 @ 03/04/15 02:06 PM
Quote:
Exactly. It is why I want to see what they even have at this point. When the question was asked during the stream of what renovations got in, they avoided even mentioning Wrigley. It's a pretty big piece missing IMO since the stadium in game will look nothing like the real life stadium once the boards are up.

In a perfect world they could keep two versions of the stadium on disc and in a patch have the game use Wrigley_2 instead of _1. Sadly I doubt they could ever do this.
Correct me if I'm wrong(Not much of a Wrigley field expert) but without the jumbotrons, Wrigley is basically the same as years past, minus the bullpens on the field. Is that right?

# 112 Woodweaver @ 03/04/15 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Yes.

So if anyone feels there is any unfairness, there you go.

Thanks for the tee up.

# 113 HypoLuxa13 @ 03/04/15 02:09 PM
Quote:

Unless, given the fact they are going to have to ship the game very soon, it would be easier to just include old Wrigley and new Wrigley and, like you said, switch it at some point in June when the video boards are finished.

Unless those damn rooftop owners get their cease and desist order granted by a judge one of these times and construction has to stop completely and they don't get the video boards up at all...

# 114 Russell_SCEA @ 03/04/15 02:25 PM
Quote:
Unless, given the fact they are going to have to ship the game very soon, it would be easier to just include old Wrigley and new Wrigley and, like you said, switch it at some point in June when the video boards are finished.

Unless those damn rooftop owners get their cease and desist order granted by a judge one of these times and construction has to stop completely and they don't get the video boards up at all...
Yeah that's a big no. Stadiums are done they will ship the way the are now.

# 115 Playboy™ @ 03/04/15 02:25 PM
Can we see yankee stadium at night or citi field.

# 116 MrOldboy @ 03/04/15 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
Correct me if I'm wrong(Not much of a Wrigley field expert) but without the jumbotrons, Wrigley is basically the same as years past, minus the bullpens on the field. Is that right?
They are actually expanding the bleachers technially and adding other features in the outfield stands (Budweiser sign). The video boards are the biggest change obviously, but there are other changes being made. A lot of the work is indoors as well. The bullpens won't be done until net year I believe so they should still be on the field from what I've read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Yeah that's a big no. Stadiums are done they will ship the way the are now.
Did Wrigley get any additions this year in the final version or will it be the same as last year's game?

# 117 thaSLAB @ 03/04/15 02:26 PM
Quote:

Haha, definitely the key words... They are some super persistent bastards for sure!

# 118 HypoLuxa13 @ 03/04/15 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
Haha, definitely the key words... They are some super persistent bastards for sure!

Yeah, it makes no sense, if you look at the wording of the contract 1) city approved expansion will be allowed and 2) the time frame for reimbursement/reparations should the Cubs break the contract expired in 2012. Meaning the Cubs could break the contract now and not have to pay the rooftop owners a dime. Here they are trying to settle, and have already bought a couple of the buildings on Sheffield avenue, but the remaining rooftop owners are holding on by their fingernails at this point.

But I digress, in regards to Wrigley in the game, I figured there will NOT be 2 versions, and as Ramone just mentioned, the version that will ship is already in place. And I suppose we'll likely see it in Thursday's stadium stream.

# 119 nemesis04 @ 03/04/15 02:45 PM
Quote:
Yeah, it makes no sense, if you look at the wording of the contract 1) city approved expansion will be allowed and 2) the time frame for reimbursement/reparations should the Cubs break the contract expired in 2012. Meaning the Cubs could break the contract now and not have to pay the rooftop owners a dime. Here they are trying to settle, and have already bought a couple of the buildings on Sheffield avenue, but the remaining rooftop owners are holding on by their fingernails at this point.

But I digress, in regards to Wrigley in the game, I figured there will NOT be 2 versions, and as Ramone just mentioned, the version that will ship is already in place. And I suppose we'll likely see it in Thursday's stadium stream.
Just turn it into a domed stadium!

# 120 MrOldboy @ 03/04/15 02:55 PM
Wait so to confirm on how the CPU AI works.

The only thing it will not do is be given the opportunity to challenge plays at first base.

But, the user will always be given the chance to challenge a play if it is incorrect (or correct, but close enough to warrant consideration of a challenge).

So the end user has both an advantage and a disadvantage. If the umpire mistake favors the player, don't challenge. If it favors the CPU, challenge.

If it works this way I would be in favor of it just being an aesthetic canned cutscene. But with the caveat that if the play as incorrectly called, it is always corrected.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.