Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

The Madden NFL 16 hype train has begun! EA Sports has just announced the game will launch on August 25th. They have scheduled news, features and details to arrive sometime in May.

Last year, EA Sports (along with Amazon and GameStop) provided details on Madden NFL 15 on April 28th, along with a teaser trailer, featuring Luke Kuechly of the Carolina Panthers.. They also kicked off the cover voting on May 8th.

What are you hoping to see and hear about in May?

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 DoShawn @ 04/22/15 11:56 AM
lets hope they drop some big news

# 142 Old Mr T @ 04/26/15 09:56 AM
I'd like to see a realistic pass trajectory system.

# 143 JerrodSwanson @ 04/26/15 03:06 PM
When will they have madden nfl 16 cover vote this year in may will that be next week during draft or week after the draft?

# 144 hawley088 @ 04/26/15 03:39 PM
bring back fair play for online and get rid of how you can roam the field holding the interception button, you should have to time it, not just hold the button down and hope for the best

# 145 shanew21 @ 04/27/15 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Mike
This right here...if that right there in the bold is not fixed I will not purchase the game, PERIOD.
I agree. I keep buying every year and my interest is lost after a few weeks because the CPU QB play is just completely unrealistic. It's either mind numbingly bad or way too good. There is no in between. I want playing against Peyton Manning to be a scary situation and playing against Blake Bortles to be defensively entertaining.

# 146 Clappington @ 04/27/15 10:07 AM
To be honest my main thing I want is Team up in the game.

# 147 VengeXII @ 04/28/15 09:57 AM
I'd like to see the Stadium/Uniform creator return. It would bring some creativity to the franchise modes & MUT instead of preset designs and useless cards in packs.

# 148 slick1ru2 @ 04/29/15 12:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
WR/DB animations
A working penalty system
A working QB system, bad QB's are bad, good Qb's are good. Also, enough of the dink and dunk routine

Much improved QB awareness when a sack is approaching. Throw the ball away or take off.

Better animations.
Dink and dunk? You mean West Coast Offense?

# 149 slick1ru2 @ 04/29/15 01:01 AM
I want Gruden's QB camp put in for that section of the skills trainer.

# 150 Sheba2011 @ 04/29/15 02:54 AM
Some things I want to see:

1. Full fledged penalty system with working sliders.

2. New commentary. For once we need EA to realize that biggest names in the game doesn't translate to best for the video game. The commentary sounds robotic and lifeless most of the game to the point I turn it off as many others I know do. Other games have figured out how to have great commentary.

3. New offseason. For some people the offseason is just as important as the regular season games. There have been some improvements over the years but we need more options such as: actual NFL contracts, compensatory picks, GM's personalities (such as the Patriots not overpaying for high profile free agents), being able to see stats at the free agent signing screen.

4. Shows. We have seen CGI shows in games dating back to the PS2/Xbox. There is no reason we can't have a few in 2015. An offseason show highlighting key free agents available, players franchise tagged, players who retired, coaching changes etc. And a recap show of who signed where. A draft show of some sort. Make the offseason really matter.

5. Offseason/draft logic - This one is huge as it really can affect the game. Teams that just drafted a QB in the last two draft, who has been doing good, drafting another QB in the first round really kills any realism. For instance Every year in my drafts the Dolphins and Bengals take a QB in the first two rounds. Then you have the teams in offseason who ignore their team needs and just sign the best players available regardless of their depth chart.

5. New draft. The draft really hasn't changed much in about a decade. The menu's are refined each year and they added pointless audio but other than that it is the same boring screens with little life. The draft is one of the biggest events in the NFL, in the game it is an afterthought. Either add more storylines (a lot more) or get rid of them all together, how many former rugby players are there in the NFL? In My CFM there is about 100.

6. Edit players anytime. If I want to switch my LB to DE in week 7 I should be able too. Allow us to edit the names of draft picks if we want. I actually love the random draft classes, i have found some great players through it and I like the variety. But there are some gamers who want realistic draft classes. For me I would like to see the random system refined more.

7. QB's - There should be a tangible difference playing with Tom Brady than playing with Ryan Mallet, regardless of player skill.

# 151 slick1ru2 @ 04/29/15 03:38 AM
Madden 15 saves clips for the halftime show. How hard could it be for online CFM to automatically upload selected user clips from their weekly games and use them after advancing, have them as part of a weekly show on the previous week's games? Game hi lights, trade news, injury report, new stadium news, college stars heading to the NFL, contract negotiations, etc.. You don't need all that ever week, but change up the non-game content and make it something interesting for those of us involved. The CGI games would have simulated clips like we saw on consoles 2 generations back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

# 152 roadman @ 04/29/15 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick1ru2
No, what I meant was there is very few long passes in the game. The passing game is mostly 10 yds or less. There isn't much of a middle or long passing game.

# 153 NDAlum @ 04/29/15 07:47 AM
Quote:
The problem is they don't adapt at all. You could sit in shallow zones and try to jam everyone at the line and it'll still be all these short passes.

The CPU AI is just so incompetent and feels so unnatural. I have no desire to play this game against the CPU at all. NCAA football had a much better CPU AI than Madden.

All I'm looking for is online CFM news and anything that improves game play. If online CFM is taken out they lose a customer. For all the slack this franchise gets they have the best online league mode in the sports game industry.

# 154 4thQtrStre5S @ 04/29/15 08:56 AM
I wanna see improved CPU AI...Football fundamental improvements..DB/WR interaction...OL/DL interaction...LB actions in response to action on the field...Better zone coverage awareness...

I would like to remove any and all level based adjustments to player skills/attributes and play games based solely on player attributes/skills without modifications..

I wanna see better physics..still too many weird and unrealistic collisions and interactions..

I want the ability to go into my roster, either inside a game or outside a game or both, and see which attributes have been adjusted by sliders and level specific skill adjustments...Such as red attribute numbers for attributes that have had a decrease and green attribute numbers for those that got an increase...would be really nice to be able to hover over an attribute and get a pop-up detailing how much an attribute was raised or decreased..

# 155 Thetruedarksun @ 04/30/15 02:37 AM
One thing I have seen being asked for by Madden players for a few years now that Madden players have really been asking for this year on OS and multiple forums all over the internet including EA forums is PRACTICE SQUADS bet they wont be in.

My list

Practice squads

Working penalties,

Improved sliders,

Bring back the combine mini games for Player mode,

WR needs to jump for ball on deep passes especially the Alshon Jefferies and Calvin Johnsons of the nfl,

FB blocking PLEASE PLEASE stop him from just missing defenders,
Rookie combine for cfm,

More presentation news cast for injuries highlights from other games, trades talk about the upcoming free agents the upcoming draft class it can be done because it was done by on consoles 2 gens ago so now it should be able to be done marvelously.

Improved realism at QB position

# 156 slick1ru2 @ 04/30/15 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
No, what I meant was there is very few long passes in the game. The passing game is mostly 10 yds or less. There isn't much of a middle or long passing game.

And if they were trying to stretch the field every series, people would complain about how unrealistic it was. The thing that sticks out for me is the high number of sacks, which eliminated may lead to more medium and long passes.

From http://www.sportsonearth.com/article...erage-nfl-game

"Big plays happen much less frequently than we might think. Let's say a "big play" is a turnover, sack, pass/run of 20 yards or more or a touchdown (sorry, but field goals -- with their 87 percent success rate -- are typically uneventful). Eliminating double-counting, there are 20.8 such plays per game. But we watch 143.4 other plays. Obviously some of those plays could be exciting as well (deep incomplete passes, a LeSean McCoy run with nine jukes that goes for two yards, etc.) but how many? Even when the game is actually being played, there's a lot of filler before you get to the meat. "

# 157 roadman @ 04/30/15 11:06 AM
Quote:
And if they were trying to stretch the field every series, people would complain about how unrealistic it was. The thing that sticks out for me is the high number of sacks, which eliminated may lead to more medium and long passes.

From http://www.sportsonearth.com/article...erage-nfl-game

"Big plays happen much less frequently than we might think. Let's say a "big play" is a turnover, sack, pass/run of 20 yards or more or a touchdown (sorry, but field goals -- with their 87 percent success rate -- are typically uneventful). Eliminating double-counting, there are 20.8 such plays per game. But we watch 143.4 other plays. Obviously some of those plays could be exciting as well (deep incomplete passes, a LeSean McCoy run with nine jukes that goes for two yards, etc.) but how many? Even when the game is actually being played, there's a lot of filler before you get to the meat. "

Yeah, I understand there are not a lot of big plays over 20 yds or more in a game in the NFL, but, as you said, the high number of sacks might have led to a shorter passing type game.

There were a few issues with the higher sack numbers. There are slider makers in the sliders forum still trying to tweak and adjust sliders and we are almost 4 months away from the new game.

1. Shorter passing game.
2. Inability of the QB to throw the ball away or take off running, especially noted scrambling QB's. The QB's AI when pressure was being applied was very low.

# 158 JHedges2 @ 04/30/15 12:11 PM
Haven't read through the thread.

Has there been ANY word on custom draft classes? This, unfortunately, could be a SERIES killer for me. I just have too hard of a time getting into franchise mode with fake rookies.

I don't understand why these 'virtual reality' games don't allow us to customize EVERYTHING POSSIBLE if we want.

# 159 CM Hooe @ 04/30/15 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
Haven't read through the thread.

Has there been ANY word on custom draft classes? This, unfortunately, could be a SERIES killer for me. I just have too hard of a time getting into franchise mode with fake rookies.

I don't understand why these 'virtual reality' games don't allow us to customize EVERYTHING POSSIBLE if we want.
There's been no word on anything except a one-line blurb hint of something new with wide receivers.

As the title of this thread indicates, Tiburon will start releasing information sometime during the month of May.

# 160 Thetruedarksun @ 04/30/15 03:21 PM
I have a few more

1. Have it so you can set how many possessions a player or group of players play in preseason games. For example I may want all top rookies to play two or three quarters where as my starting QB only play 1 or 2 possessions.

2. Real position competition in preseason for players whose ratings are close.

3. Please please please please please fix pass interference please.

4. Already suggested this one but just to make sure. Add rookie combine I want to watch 40 yard dash, cone drills ect. This would especially be good for player cfm to decide your ratings like the old mini games.

5. Bring back play creator and team creator with ability to create original jerseys. Also should be able to add these to franchise and if possible online franchise.

6. The ability when using a created coach to select your created playbooks during creation.

7. Please stop with the overly convoluted menus that make the game freeze when you navigate them too long. Everytime I'm in menus too long game freezes so annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.