Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

NBA players continue posting their NBA 2K16 player ratings, along with in-game screenshots of themselves in action. Below are the players that have either posted on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram today.

(Click the name(s) below, to see the screenshot.)Previously confirmed player ratings: (Click the name(s) below, to see the screenshot)

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 181 jfsolo @ 08/30/15 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
I don't believe you will be able to. At least I currently can't. From what I am seeing when playing the game this year an 85 in 2k15 is not the same in gameplay as an 85 in 2K16. At least where Kobe is concerned. My last game with Kobe I was 2-12 I tried to force the action a bit to no avail.

I don't see anyone really winning games by playing through him unless they move him around and find really favorable matchups.

There have been lots of under the hood changes that effect how the game actually plays out. So it might be worth seeing what you can actually do with each guy before burning the house down based on an overall number.
You know that you saying this is pure torture don't you? We're all dying to know about the gameplay changes that you're referencing.

# 182 Mgl8119 @ 08/30/15 02:01 AM
Can't wait to play

# 183 raidertiger @ 08/30/15 02:18 AM
2k/EA ratings are always politics. Can't wait until the community makes some proper rosters. Look at any 2k game, you see some scrubs like JR and Felton boasting 80+ overalls.

Kobe an 85 is laughable, but not surprising from a video game company.

# 184 Real2KInsider @ 08/30/15 03:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
Like it was mentioned in the SIm Hangout, 2K needs to stop letting Ronnie be buddy buddy with those dudes on Twitter. All a player has to do is cry about a rating and Ronnie looks out.

I remember they gave Kyrie a 91 vertical one year because he said something to Ronnie. A 91 man. For Kyrie.

As someone informed on the ratings as much as anyone, I disagreed with the comment on the Hangout. The players really don't have any influence, and it's an insult to Beds to suggest otherwise.

(Kyrie has an 81 Vert rating at present, which jives with his reported vert of 37 inches)

Quote:
Same with Whiteside
The dude had a 27 PER and there are people who act like he doesn't deserve a low 80s rating. If I had 27 PER and was a 66 OVR I would be bitching too.

# 185 Real2KInsider @ 08/30/15 04:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
Nope I'd just like to know why the outcry for Kobe's rating when Rose is being treated in similar fashion.
1. Rose's rating hasn't been released.
2. There have been plenty of Rose rating detractors throughout the year, myself included (I had the dude rated 80 OVR heading into the season)

Quote:
So as soon as you hit 37, you're going to be injury-riddled? That sounds sh***y
1. When you're a high-volume guard? LOL most of them fall out of the league due to injury before they even turn 32!
2. Kobe has been playing hurt the last decade but you think he's gonna stay healthy now??

Quote:
That's what I'm saying Rashidi.. I don't remember this much backlash when Rose started with an 88. People were much more willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.
1. Rose is 10 years younger than Kobe.
2. Literally, Rose is 10 years younger than Kobe. I think Rose is overrated trash but it is clear as day that they are in two completely different points of their career arcs.

Quote:
25, 5 and 5 over the last 3 seasons...
If only stats from 3 years ago actually mattered.

2013 Kobe: 27-6-6 (39 MPG, 51 2PT%, 32 3PT%, 84 FT%)
2015 Kobe: 22-5-6 (35 MPG, 40 2PT%, 29 3PT%, 81 FT%)

Guess which one of these matters more than Points Per ****ing Game?

Quote:
"rich man's Evan Turner"... you guys kill me sometimes
Turner averaged 10-5-6 (28 MPG, 46 2PT%, 28 3PT%, 75 FT%) this year. They are point-wings who NEED the ball in their hands to even be remotely effective (and by that I mean have a nigh negligible team impact). At least Turner understands his offensive limitations and tries on defense and doesn't cost his team 25 million.

LOL there's also this

Shooting Guard RPM
1. James Harden (+8.50)
2. Khris Middleton (+6.06)
3. Kyle Korver (+5.42)
4. Danny Green (+5.41)
5. Jimmy Butler (+4.30)
6. Wesley Matthews (+3.65)
7. Klay Thompson (+3.64)
45. Evan Turner (-1.37)
53. Kobe Bryant (-2.15)

68. Dion Waiters (-3.52)
83. Lance Stephenson (-4.82)

Kobe was not an effective basketball player last season and it's very clear from looking at the top players on that list that he isn't anywhere close to fitting the mold of what one actually looks like in the year 2016 irrespective of his age/health (where defense and shooting are a thing).

# 186 daveberg @ 08/30/15 05:20 AM
Kobe JUST 85??

Too low. He may have lost a step and still makes bad shot decisions, but the guy, hands down, still has the best offensive skill set in the league, bar none.

This is coming from a Suns fan.

# 187 DaKoKing @ 08/30/15 06:24 AM
The discussion of Kobe Bryant's rating make for a good example of why putting out a game is so tough. You've got everything from casual fans of basketball/NBA to hardcore fans to basketball professionals all looking to get something in particular from the game.

# 188 Da_Czar @ 08/30/15 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
You know that you saying this is pure torture don't you? We're all dying to know about the gameplay changes that you're referencing.
Man I been trying like hell not to say anything. I rather just show you guys LOL. Just hang in there fam. We got a lot to discuss on the game-play front.
A LOT.

No trying to hype just excited to show you what we have done. After that as always its up to each individual sim enthusiast to decide if it warrants their purchase.

I just need to stop reading threads until we can talk but I been coming since before what, 2002 ? so it's hard not to pop in every day. LOL

# 189 DC @ 08/30/15 10:49 AM
Quote:
I don't believe you will be able to. At least I currently can't. From what I am seeing when playing the game this year an 85 in 2k15 is not the same in gameplay as an 85 in 2K16. At least where Kobe is concerned. My last game with Kobe I was 2-12 I tried to force the action a bit to no avail.

I don't see anyone really winning games by playing through him unless they move him around and find really favorable matchups.

There have been lots of under the hood changes that effect how the game actually plays out. So it might be worth seeing what you can actually do with each guy before burning the house down based on an overall number.
Man I told you this before, you can't test stuff out and think it is cheese proof because you weren't born from a cow. Invite one of these "Little Johnny" dudes up there that have mozerella brains and see if they can't crack the code open.

# 190 24ct @ 08/30/15 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
Man I told you this before, you can't test stuff out and think it is cheese proof because you weren't born from a cow. Invite one of these "Little Johnny" dudes up there that have mozerella brains and see if they can't crack the code open.
Regardless...If there was a possibility to cheese do you really think a 2k dev would actually say "Yeah u can still side to side or (insert cheese) with Kobe/anybody" ?

No offense to Czar. He's a good guy so I mean nothing against him but if I sold nasty coffee in a coffee shop I wouldn't admit my coffee was nasty before anyone tries it lol. Poor analogy but you get my drift. Besides I don't even think the guys play that way like you said. I mean I've seen questionable things in the LD Ronnie streams but they don't consistently cheese out.

You're definitely right about having testers actually attempt to do things against the code too. There hasn't been a 2k I've played where I couldn't drop 80 with Rudy Gay lol. I just stopped playing 5v5 in favor of myPark because it was too easy to dominate. And I play on HOF but I hope they eventually come up with something to stop this stuff.

# 191 The 24th Letter @ 08/30/15 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24ct
Regardless...If there was a possibility to cheese do you really think a 2k dev would actually say "Yeah u can still side to side or (insert cheese) with Kobe/anybody" ?

No offense to Czar. He's a good guy so I mean nothing against him but if I sold nasty coffee in a coffee shop I wouldn't admit my coffee was nasty before anyone tries it lol. Poor analogy but you get my drift. Besides I don't even think the guys play that way like you said. I mean I've seen questionable things in the LD Ronnie streams but they don't consistently cheese out.

You're definitely right about having testers actually attempt to do things against the code too. There hasn't been a 2k I've played where I couldn't drop 80 with Rudy Gay lol. I just stopped playing 5v5 in favor of myPark because it was too easy to dominate. And I play on HOF but I hope they eventually come up with something to stop this stuff.

You drop a stream of you scoring 80 on HOF/Simulation with Rudy Gay and I'll donate in your honor...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 192 iLLWiLL @ 08/30/15 12:03 PM
I still don't feel the skin textures (still have a unnatural, rubbery/vinyl feel to them), the jersey textures (don't look as realistic), and the lighting (while better than 2k15, is not "fantastic") are as good as other games, but still a very good screenshot. I think it's the best looking Kobe to date.

As for the rating, still think it's too high for kobe It's not like he's proven much in the last 2 years. But still probably lower than we all expected he'd be rated.

# 193 Da_Czar @ 08/30/15 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC

Admittedly I am no cheeser but we have a couple arcade nation dudes in house as well. Also I always play the game in debug so I can see the shot percentage chances of every single attempted shot during a game.

I expect a full apology if you end up agreeing with me. And If I'm wrong then we will just forget this convo ever happened. Agreed ? Good . ROTFLOL.

#SimNation

# 194 MoneyOvaHuds @ 08/30/15 12:50 PM
Don't be coming in here trashing my PG yo I won't stand for it lol yea Rose has been under preforming because of major rust and injuries but even then he was still a bottom top 10 maybe 12 PG .

I'm just happy he finally got his knee right cuz it was obvious it was healing right when he was only playing good every 3 games. His first offseason since 2011 that he finally gets to focus on his game and not rehab is a good look .

I admit Rose hasn't looked like the old rose but he did show flashes he still had it in him , he just needs to find be more consistent . It's still only 3 PGs I would take over him cuz I know what he my mans can do in big moments because I watched him so much over the years . Head to head matchups vs other PGs he always takes it personal and steps up

# 195 DC @ 08/30/15 03:45 PM
Quote:
Admittedly I am no cheeser but we have a couple arcade nation dudes in house as well. Also I always play the game in debug so I can see the shot percentage chances of every single attempted shot during a game.

I expect a full apology if you end up agreeing with me. And If I'm wrong then we will just forget this convo ever happened. Agreed ? Good . ROTFLOL.

#SimNation
Man can we get an option for that "Debug mode" so we can see the shot % of the shots taken? Like Live 95 on Genesis had.

That would be a damn good thing for us to be able to see.

THink about it!

# 196 Sundown @ 08/30/15 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaddupCouzin
As someone so eloquently stated earlier in this thread, the shots Steph takes would have had 90% of the players in the league benched.

Just because you make the shot doesn't mean it's not a poorly selected shot. Kobe got away with ridiculously poorly selected shots for years, but now that they're not falling, it's an issue of shot selection, when his shot selection has always been poor.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

If you make it, the shot selection isn't poor. Curry's shot selection isn't poor. In fact him taking those ridiculous shots and making it is what opens up the Warriors' offense. If Curry's shot selection was "good" for an average NBA player, the Warriors' offense would suffer significantly. He does take a few heat checks though.

Like I mentioned in the other thread, Klay's selection is worse. It's often out of rhythm of the offense and doesn't really create gravity or benefit playmaking the way Curry's shot selection does.

# 197 Sundown @ 08/30/15 07:37 PM
Quote:

#SimNation

The game isn't done until sim nation beats arcade nation 9 out of 10 times.

I've always thought a game's design is only truly revealed when played at its highest level. 2ak should hire one of the top cheesy leaderboard guys and design the game until he either becomes a sim player because the mechanics force that, or he rage quits.

I know you're after our own hearts, Da Czar, but 2K has enticed cheese elimination or reduction every year but that's never truly ever happened to a degree that's especially noteworthy. And sometimes patches actually make the issue worse to be honest.

# 198 WaddupCouzin @ 08/30/15 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
If you make it, the shot selection isn't poor. Curry's shot selection isn't poor. In fact him taking those ridiculous shots and making it is what opens up the Warriors' offense. If Curry's shot selection was "good" for an average NBA player, the Warriors' offense would suffer significantly. He does take a few heat checks though.

Like I mentioned in the other thread, Klay's selection is worse. It's often out of rhythm of the offense and doesn't really create gravity or benefit playmaking the way Curry's shot selection does.
Completely disagree with your Curry sentiment. I'll agree to disagree. I could go into other examples, but what's the point. Getting away with a bad shot, doesn't mean the selection was good, it just means you got away with it.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

# 199 23 @ 08/30/15 08:09 PM
Quote:

I cannot wait to challenge him with russell westbrook to see who can jack up the most bad shots.

Ill be yelling at the monitor and everything just like real life rwb only it'll be my fault

# 200 Sundown @ 08/30/15 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
I knew someone was going to cherry pick that part of my comment without including the rest of what I stated. His overall encompasses everything he's able to do as a basketball player correct? If that's the case, Kobe is still one of the most highly skilled and cerebral players even at his old age which is proven by his FTA per and his increase in overall floor game in those games I pointed out (granted before that he was garbage most of the time).
Also, the TS% percentage I pointed out was to prove that he actually was improving slowly during that period after Byron stopped running him ragged and he dropped his usage %. I pointed out right before the TS% statement that 2 games out of the 8 he shot below 40% which drastically affected his shooting averages during that 8 games (that happens with smaller samples). He had 2 stinkers coming off rest against Miami and the Clippers, if you take out those 2 his TS% jumps up to 57.7% and his eFG% to 54.6.

As a sidenote, here's his other percentages (from all 8 games): TRB%14, AST% 44.94, USG% 28.42.

If you have to cherry pick a small segment of his season to show Kobe hasn't been terrible 8 games), and when his TS is STILL terrible have to cherry pick more games to remove from that sample set resulting in a tiny six game sample, then it's probably not a valid way to justify an 85 rating.

Especially when we have a much, much, larger sample set to work from over the last two seasons.

If Kobe is really improving, then just rate him at his average performance (80-82) and increase his rating when he shows it on the court in the 2015-2016 season.

No one else gets to maintain a massive stat overrate from six games in two years.

And while Kobe is skilled in a variety of ways, he isn't on one complete end of the court and his skills are declining (or rather athleticism is) so that he's not that effective on the other end either. His shot making is also down, and he's not a impact rebounder, so what are we left with? His passing is still great ironically, but he doesn't choose to nearly enough, so that should dock points from his IQ or vision.

2K ratings rate OVR by archetype, and I don't think there is an archetype that is "all-around offensively skilled player that actually has negative offensive impact". So more then likely Kobe is overrated on several categories with a hesitancy to dock him where he's been least effective.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.