Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

LD2K and Ronnie 2K revealed the NBA 2K16 MyPLAYER height restrictions per position, during their Twitch Livestream. If you missed it, you can watch the archive here.

Check out the height restrictions below.
  • Point Gaurd: 5'7"- 6'7"
  • Shooting Guard: 5'10" - 6'8"
  • Small Forward: 6'3" - 6'10"
  • Power Forward: 6'5" - 7'0"
  • Center: 6'8' - 7'3"
They also mentioned a few other details, we wanted to list:
  • Dependent on your style and height (both small and tall), attributes will fluctuate.
  • 6'7 PG's will be one of the slower points guards in the game
  • 3 scoring styles (inside, outside & balanced) that determine your caps, alongside height.
  • No more 7 foot small forwards that shoot like Ray Allen and dribble like Kyrie Irving.
  • Bigs will play like bigs
Plenty of other smaller details were revealed as well, so make sure you watch the archive here.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Pappy Knuckles @ 09/16/15 12:10 AM
Running with an Aldridge PF type this year. I ran PG and SG the past two games.

# 62 crtsbrown @ 09/16/15 12:27 AM
I plan on making a 6'9 SF Kawhi Leonard type of player

# 63 dbot25 @ 09/16/15 12:57 AM
Either making a 6'7" PG or SG.

# 64 Drop3422 @ 09/16/15 01:33 AM
They talked a lot about roles, but I hope there is actually a way to visually tell that role when jumping into a game. The fact that the intro sequence just shows a player's points per game seems lazy. Instead of these giant crowns which don't tell me anything about a player's strengths and weaknesses, maybe they will give us viable information this year to be able to make a well informed decision on who we choose to play with.

In other games where you fill a role within a community, that role is pretty evident. A Healer looks a certain way, Tank looks a certain way, etc.. I can't even see what position my teammates are, and once they get to a certain rating, the minimal help the icons of Shooter, Defender, or Athletic just become the Star Icon.

The idea of tying strengths and weaknesses to your height is a no-brainer, but I'm hoping that their is also some transparency to how it is limited. I don't want to hop back and forth on screens to find out how my height affects my speed and ballhandling stats at creation, or what the cap will be down the road. The idea of making a certain kind of player and then realizing 30 hours later that their post scoring is capped really low because of their height, role, or position is extremely frustrating.

They also didn't mention anything about wingspan changing stats, but did say how it changes the way they play. I hope we don't have all monkey armed players all over the place, but it is hard to see what kind of stat restrictions they could put on lanky players, it is an inherent advantage in the game of basketball.

While I'm ranting, let me throw my vote in for at least more categories in upgrading stats. Making a good mid range shooter, and not a 3-point threat should most assuredly be separate categories. I can see the obvious problems with game balance when you allow every individual stat to be upgraded, but hopefully these categories will allow for a little bit more customization.

And since everyone else is saying it, I will be trying to make a tall Defensive minded Point Guard. I'm hoping that this will be the year where I can actually post up online and effect the game with intangibles.

# 65 Vroman @ 09/16/15 01:36 AM
That's the best news so far. Main points what i'd liked to be improved upon myplayer mode is here. You might still be able to get almost every single badge and be demigod , but this look like great improvement anyways.

# 66 Finepanther @ 09/16/15 01:41 AM
"No more 7 foot small forwards that shoot like Ray Allen and dribble like Kyrie Irving."
So no Kevin Durant?

# 67 Drop3422 @ 09/16/15 01:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finepanther
"No more 7 foot small forwards that shoot like Ray Allen and dribble like Kyrie Irving."
So no Kevin Durant?
Kevin Durant cannot, as good as he is of a ball handler at his position, dribble through crowds and in front of short quick point guards like Kyrie or other top tier ball handlers. He is also only listed at 6'9".

And as good of a ball handler Magic was at his height, he also relied on using his body to shield the ball from defenders who were smaller and quicker.

I'm hoping this year that is taken into account. Moving the post to L2 and making it more fluid will hopefully help that.

# 68 GSW @ 09/16/15 02:07 AM
what are the attribute caps on strength/defense for the various positions?

# 69 Wildcats302 @ 09/16/15 02:22 AM
Quote:
So no Kevin Durant?
The problem is everyone wants to be Kevin Durant...just not realistic and ruins the mode with unrealistic player models from what I've read on here for years.

Just like the Magic example...everyone wants to be Magic with the jump shot and the great D that he did not have in real life.

# 70 Johnnythelegend @ 09/16/15 02:50 AM
I don't get it, people complain about 7 footers all over the place that can do everything and now when they cap it it's still not fine. I am content with this, if you want to be tall for your position, deal with some downgrades that shorter players won't have problem with.

# 71 maxor86 @ 09/16/15 03:36 AM
Kareeem is back.
https://m.facebook.com/notes/nba-2k/entwicklertagebuch-mein-team/1155901581091483
6th picture.

# 72 Wolf Ticket @ 09/16/15 03:45 AM
Can't believe people are complaining about balance, some of you sound ridiculous"I wanna replicate Magic"...Yeah, I would like to go on a first person shooter game and replicate the terminator but that wouldn't be fair to my opponents.

Quote:
So no Kevin Durant?
He ain't 7ft, create a 6'9 SF with maxed out wingspan and outside scoring and you're on your way to replicating Durant.

# 73 hdtv888 @ 09/16/15 03:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by InRodWeTrust
Hopefully we can edit body type.... I want my 6'8" PF to be a big bruiser...
me and your Myplayer need to chill. Im probably gonna make an undersized but heavy center/PF myself

# 74 MontanaMan @ 09/16/15 04:19 AM
Quote:
So no Kevin Durant?
You tried it.

KD doesn't dribble like Kyrie.

We found the cheeser, guys.

# 75 Afro_Explosion @ 09/16/15 05:52 AM
Planning on a 6'2 Iverson 2.0.

# 76 MoneyOvaHuds @ 09/16/15 06:05 AM
Everyone knows KD is taller than 6'9 now more like 6'11 /6'10 lol they have Beasley as 6'10 and we knows that's not true at all lol he's like an inch shorter than Bron .

Nevertheless KD will never be an elite ball handler in the category of AI / Curry / Kyrie etc but for his size he's very respectable.

# 77 MoneyOvaHuds @ 09/16/15 06:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGSW
Sorry but none of this matters.

The demigods were created using the standard player creator, NOT the MyPlayer/Career creator.

So because they haven't capped the player creators outside of MyCareer, Demigods may still be possible.

Unless they've patched the glitch that made them possible, they haven't confirmed that either way though.

I was always under the impression that the MyPlayers were the demigods I mean that's how you got to use them on the park / etc . You couldn't create a regular player and use him in the park that wasn't connected to your MyCareer . If im wrong my mistake but I'm just going off what I've seen in the YouTube videos .

# 78 Jrocc23 @ 09/16/15 06:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyOvaHuds
I was always under the impression that the MyPlayers were the demigods I mean that's how you got to use them on the park / etc . You couldn't create a regular player and use him in the park that wasn't connected to your MyCareer . If im wrong my mistake but I'm just going off what I've seen in the YouTube videos .

You start off with a regular MyPlayer, but they found a way to like glitch it to use the regular CAP outside of MC. So that MyPlayer would be able to be edited in the regular CAP. That's why they were able to have accessories, longer arm length, badges that you couldn't unlock, jumpshots and etc that wasn't available in MyCareer.

It's actually amazing how someone found out to do all of that. I thought the shoe glitch was something but this puts that to shame.

If you look at the YouTube vid and see the exact stuff you have to do, it's crazy. Makes me wonder how people figure stuff out like this. Like pulling out a Ethernet cable at a certain time and etc? It's like some people spend all their time trying to find stuff like this. It's crazy.

# 79 fuub @ 09/16/15 06:21 AM
Does anyone know what heights are ideal for earning maximum VC in MyCareer? I noticed after I made a 5'9 PG, I would get +3 for every point scored, but a 6'6 PG only earned +2 for every point scored.

# 80 Lord Bonium @ 09/16/15 07:07 AM
Thank you 2k, it will be great to face some variety in pro am. I just hope we can see the attribute caps in the creation screen to figure out what build is best suited for our playstyle and basically avoid any surprises.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.