Home
EA Sports UFC 2 News Post

The EA Sports UFC 2 closed beta is scheduled to release on Thursday, January 28 and ending on February 4 for both Xbox One and PlayStation 4. The closed beta is only available to gamers that own the Xbox One or PlayStation 4 version of EA Sports UFC and live in North America.

This is a closed beta and is only eligible to fans who own Xbox One or PlayStation 4 and are EA SPORTS UFC owners in North America. For those of you that meet those requirements, make sure you register here. Quite a few people are having problems registering at the moment, most getting the "Sorry, you are not eligible to participate in the beta at this time" message. We have contacted EA about the issue and will update this post when we hear anything back. Once it is up and running without any issues, you will have until January 21 at 10:00 AM PT to register, for a chance to receive a code.
  • The download will be roughly 11 GB
  • The exact time will vary based on platform and region
  • You will not be able to pre-load the beta
Game Modes in Closed Beta

Quick Fight
  • Featuring the deepest roster of any fighting simulation, select fighters from the Welterweight division and step into the Octagon for a 3 or 5 round bout.
UFC Ultimate Team
  • Create your team of up to five fighters using UFC 2’s deep customization options. Compete in online or offline competitions to progress your fighters and earn Coins that open packs which deliver special items used to sculpt your team into the most explosive in the UFC.
Practice Mode
  • A no-consequences environment designed to let you master the basics of striking, grappling and clinch-work at your own pace before putting your skills to the test in real competition.
Skill Challenges
  • Dive into all-new mini-games to help players learn and perfect stand-up, clinch, and ground disciplines.
Other notes from the FAQ:

Can I play online against other players?

The EA SPORTS UFC 2 beta will support online play. You can throwdown against (1) online opponent in a 1 vs. 1 fight.

Will I be able to customize my fighter in the beta?

Yes. In UFC Ultimate Team you can create your own team of custom fighters. After each fight, win or lose, earn Coins to open Fight Packs that contain items that improve your fighters. These items allow you to customize your fighter by giving them unique moves, attributes, perks and more.

Will my UFC Ultimate Team stats carry over to the main game?

No, any stats or progression during the beta will not carry over to the full game when EA SPORTS UFC 2 launches in March 2016. However the skills you learn through this beta will!

Will I have to re-create my Ultimate Team when EA SPORTS UFC 2 launches on March 15?

Yes, teams created in the beta will not carry over to the full game.

Source - EA Sports UFC 2

Game: EA Sports UFC 2Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
EA Sports UFC 2 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 aholbert32 @ 01/14/16 06:04 PM
No email after u register.

# 42 fballturkey @ 01/14/16 06:13 PM
Are they going to give details about what we are/aren't allowed to share during the beta? This is the first time I've gotten in one. I don't know if it's ok to share video, impressions, etc. once it unlocks.

# 43 jb12780 @ 01/14/16 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
I'm in

I'm trying to think of reasons why some are having trouble. My only suggestion is to make sure that your Origin account email was the account that you signed up with... and also the main PSN account that you played the game with. Just saying this because I had multiple Origin/PSN accounts thanks to the CAF limits.

I also wonder if it has something to do with playing online. I played online some when the game first came out. Did the guys who are getting the Illegible messages ever play online? I'm just trying to find a common denominator.
My origin email and account are both linked to my PSN/XB1 accounts.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

# 44 sportsfan8812 @ 01/14/16 06:25 PM
Still not working for me

# 45 TheBleedingRed21 @ 01/14/16 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
Are they going to give details about what we are/aren't allowed to share during the beta? This is the first time I've gotten in one. I don't know if it's ok to share video, impressions, etc. once it unlocks.
When you signed up, you agreed to the terms that were laid out.

# 46 fballturkey @ 01/14/16 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
When you signed up, you agreed to the terms that were laid out.
My poor engineer brain has some trouble with the 13 page legal document, so hopefully they give some clear guidelines on what we can and can't share.

But from what I read it sounds like discussion/pictures/etc except on the Beta board is forbidden.

Edit: Which I've got no problem with, I just think it'd save some headaches if they put that in the FAQ, since most people don't read those agreements.

# 47 TheBleedingRed21 @ 01/14/16 07:24 PM
I didn't read it either LOL I was just letting you know it was there.

# 48 pdandy @ 01/14/16 07:26 PM
The beta modes look good. As long as I have a 1v1 sandbox to assess the AI, I'm happy.

# 49 Pappy Knuckles @ 01/14/16 07:26 PM
I didn't see anything about not being able to stream or post pics during the registration. I may have overlooked that in the TOS, though.

# 50 fballturkey @ 01/14/16 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
I didn't see anything about not being able to stream or post pics during the registration. I may have overlooked that in the TOS, though.
At the end I think annendum A is what you can share and B is what you can't. A is basically only that there is a Beta and you're involved in it.

But then confusingly in Annendum C it says they aren't restricting you from being critical of the game as long as you follow annendums A and B, but I don't see how you could really do that.

So yeah, unless they say something otherwise I guess I'll be keeping my trap shut about impressions from the beta.

# 51 davidbix @ 01/14/16 07:58 PM
This is what EA PR told me about the registration issues:

Quote:
Our team is aware that some players are having issues registering and are investigating now. Hopefully we’ll have it all resolved soon.

# 52 jb12780 @ 01/14/16 08:07 PM
So for me, logging into the EA Account and checking UFC news off didn't do ****. I did the one under it and now I just got an email saying I'm a UFC insider. Appears I'm SOL.

Still plan on giving Uncle Frank and co. some business in the form of a pre-order.

# 53 aholbert32 @ 01/14/16 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
So for me, logging into the EA Account and chrcking UFC news off didn't do ****. I did the one under it and now I just got an email saying I'm a UFC insider. Appears I'm SOL.

Still plan on giving Uncle Frank and co. some business in the form of a pre-order.

Keep trying. You have a few days to register before they close it.

# 54 JoeMimic @ 01/14/16 09:59 PM
Yeah I've tried a bunch of different things and nothing so far. Hopefully they're getting stuff fixed up so I can get in on this.

# 55 JoeMimic @ 01/14/16 10:02 PM
Someone on the UG is saying they received an e-mail reply from EA saying they're currently out of codes and it's a temp issue and to keep trying.

# 56 TecmoZack @ 01/14/16 11:16 PM
Just registered! Boom!! Pumped to play.

Sports Gaming Maniac. Follow me on the interweb TecmZack - @VanMetra16

GT - TecmoZach

# 57 JohnDoe8865 @ 01/15/16 02:46 AM
Wanted to add that I signed up for the email news immediately, same e-mail as my Origin, and I get the error message despite owning the digital download of UFC 1, currently installed on my PS4.

# 58 mr44 @ 01/15/16 08:54 AM
Yeah when after signing in it either takes me to the main EA screen or times out. Refresh it and it does the same thing. I don't know what the issue is.

# 59 polyduster @ 01/15/16 10:01 AM
Opted in before the 9th. Why am I supposed to sign up again? Just curious what the original sign up was for. By the way, I cannot sign up for the closed beta either.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

# 60 aholbert32 @ 01/15/16 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by polyduster
Opted in before the 9th. Why am I supposed to sign up again? Just curious what the original sign up was for. By the way, I cannot sign up for the closed beta either.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
The marketing team screwed this up imo.

The opt in for the 9th was to get news on when the beta would drop.

The registration now is to opt-in/register to the actual beta.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.