Home
EA Sports UFC 2 News Post

The EA Sports UFC 2 closed beta is scheduled to release on Thursday, January 28 and ending on February 4 for both Xbox One and PlayStation 4. The closed beta is only available to gamers that own the Xbox One or PlayStation 4 version of EA Sports UFC and live in North America.

This is a closed beta and is only eligible to fans who own Xbox One or PlayStation 4 and are EA SPORTS UFC owners in North America. For those of you that meet those requirements, make sure you register here. Quite a few people are having problems registering at the moment, most getting the "Sorry, you are not eligible to participate in the beta at this time" message. We have contacted EA about the issue and will update this post when we hear anything back. Once it is up and running without any issues, you will have until January 21 at 10:00 AM PT to register, for a chance to receive a code.
  • The download will be roughly 11 GB
  • The exact time will vary based on platform and region
  • You will not be able to pre-load the beta
Game Modes in Closed Beta

Quick Fight
  • Featuring the deepest roster of any fighting simulation, select fighters from the Welterweight division and step into the Octagon for a 3 or 5 round bout.
UFC Ultimate Team
  • Create your team of up to five fighters using UFC 2’s deep customization options. Compete in online or offline competitions to progress your fighters and earn Coins that open packs which deliver special items used to sculpt your team into the most explosive in the UFC.
Practice Mode
  • A no-consequences environment designed to let you master the basics of striking, grappling and clinch-work at your own pace before putting your skills to the test in real competition.
Skill Challenges
  • Dive into all-new mini-games to help players learn and perfect stand-up, clinch, and ground disciplines.
Other notes from the FAQ:

Can I play online against other players?

The EA SPORTS UFC 2 beta will support online play. You can throwdown against (1) online opponent in a 1 vs. 1 fight.

Will I be able to customize my fighter in the beta?

Yes. In UFC Ultimate Team you can create your own team of custom fighters. After each fight, win or lose, earn Coins to open Fight Packs that contain items that improve your fighters. These items allow you to customize your fighter by giving them unique moves, attributes, perks and more.

Will my UFC Ultimate Team stats carry over to the main game?

No, any stats or progression during the beta will not carry over to the full game when EA SPORTS UFC 2 launches in March 2016. However the skills you learn through this beta will!

Will I have to re-create my Ultimate Team when EA SPORTS UFC 2 launches on March 15?

Yes, teams created in the beta will not carry over to the full game.

Source - EA Sports UFC 2

Game: EA Sports UFC 2Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
EA Sports UFC 2 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 jb12780 @ 01/15/16 09:47 PM
Ok so basically I gotta wait until I get an invitation via email for the beta is what I am understanding.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

# 102 aholbert32 @ 01/15/16 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralsHockey
Here's the solution I believe, http://bit.ly/1Owefn1
Side question: If i'm reading this correctly, do we only have access to the welterweight division or are all divisions available?
Only welterweight.

# 103 bcruise @ 01/15/16 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
https://www.easports.com/ufc/news/20...8&sf43885241=1

Everybody who cant log in. Try this link.

If that doesnt work, they are sending out more beta invites next Thursday.
Did all of that, top to bottom. Even re-updated my email address even though I already know it's the same one. Still no e-mail. I know it says it takes a day to update in their system, but I have my doubts that's going to get done before their next cutoff on Sunday at midnight (or in my case, if it will even matter).

If this doesn't show it's all the same account and that for some reason the system just isn't recognizing my e-mail address, I don't know what does. Connected PSN account and everything right there.

I'll gladly PM this (unblocked, of course) to whoever needs to see it to get this mess sorted out. Thanks for continuing to try and help though aholbert.

# 104 davidbix @ 01/15/16 11:45 PM
I think there's something missing here.

I opted in on the 8th via the link that everybody wast told to use.

When everything went down yesterday, I checked my contact preferences and there was no "UFC" box to check off. I only saw one on the special page added today for people with difficulty signing up. I would think the "opt-in" should have taken care of that, but clearly it didn't. If they didn't properly update the site to include "UFC" in the contact preferences, that probably ties into this all somehow.

# 105 GameplayDevUFC @ 01/16/16 12:19 PM
Copy/pasted from a post I made on the UFC forums:

This is the last post I will make about the beta registration process because it's all I have left to share and I need to focus on bug fixing.

The concept is simple.

Everyone who played UFC 1 has an Origin account associated with the game.

EA wants to email out all those people a beta invite, and there is limited space in the beta.

Since lots of people use fake email addresses, lost their passwords, opted out of emails communication on their Origin account (meaning EA can't email them if they want to) they sent out that tweet asking people to update their email address associated with the account and opt in to receive emails, hoping to get more up to date info before sending out the beta invite.

Late this past week, they pulled all the data from the database and sent out the email.

People who got the email could register for the beta.

Now for various different reasons, some people thought they opted in but actually didn't.

Or they opted in on the wrong account.

Or maybe something else went wrong.

So there's one more chance to update your info. When you update your info you don't get any notification that it "worked". All you're doing is updating your info.

Some time after the new deadline, someone will manually pull the data again, and send a new round of beta invites to people who are opted in with a UFC 1 Origin account, and hadn't already received an email.

If you think the account you're opting in with was the one registered with the game, but it isn't, you'll have updated you info correctly but you won't be in the database to get an email, and you won't be able to register.

Verify the account is the one associated with the game. Double check that, it's very important.

I don't think you will get any confirmation that anything is setup correctly until this *manual* process is done.

There is still lots of space left in the beta to my understanding.

This will be the last time they send out invites to my understanding.

So follow the instructions to the best of your ability, and wait.

If you don't get the email, you won't be eligible to register (despite stories to the contrary, that's what I've been told).

I really want everyone here to get in, but if something goes wrong on your end or ours during this last wave of sign ups, it will likely be too late to correct.

So just follow the instructions as closely as you can and hope for the best.

There's nothing more you can do than that.

# 106 Phobia @ 01/16/16 12:30 PM
Okkkk well I guess no beta for me. Far far to much BS just to try the game a couple weeks early. I dont understand why these things have to be treated like you are winning the lottery. Yes, I would love to get my paws on the beta but Im not fighting and jumping through all these hoops.

Sent from da lil phone.

# 107 GameplayDevUFC @ 01/16/16 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I dont understand why these things have to be treated like you are winning the lottery.
Because to some people it is like winning the lottery I guess.

But you're right, it's not that big a deal.

We want some people to help stress test the game, and there are enough people who care enough to take the time to sign up to play the game early.

Win/win, but at the end of the day the game will be released and you can choose to buy it or not.

# 108 sportsfan8812 @ 01/16/16 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Okkkk well I guess no beta for me. Far far to much BS just to try the game a couple weeks early. I dont understand why these things have to be treated like you are winning the lottery. Yes, I would love to get my paws on the beta but Im not fighting and jumping through all these hoops.

Sent from da lil phone.
This was handled SO poorly. And I couldn't agree with you more, Phobia. You're dead on

# 109 didi1 @ 01/16/16 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfan8812
This was handled SO poorly. And I couldn't agree with you more, Phobia. You're dead on
I did not have any issues signing up and registering for the beta. I literally just had to update my info, and opt in then wait until I received the beta registration email, and signed up for it. Not hard.

# 110 bcruise @ 01/16/16 02:13 PM
I've done absolutely everything I can. Today I switched my email to a different one, verified it (receiving the email for verification, so not everything from EA is getting lost) and reset the opt-in preferences. Nothing (nor did I expect it, since that wasn't the email I registered UFC with)

Switched back to the original email, got the email verification again, reset the preference again, and still nothing.

At this point I'm done with it unless I get lucky and the change went in without me receiving the opt in email - it's not worth the frustration. Enjoy the beta guys!

# 111 NYG_Meth @ 01/16/16 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
Anytime, man. Shoot me your psn. I've been to Mike Meth's Institute of Fighting, we don't run from a scrap lol.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using Tapatalk
I'm having the same issue as everyone else, but at least I got this shoutout

# 112 davidbix @ 01/16/16 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
Copy/pasted from a post I made on the UFC forums:

This is the last post I will make about the beta registration process because it's all I have left to share and I need to focus on bug fixing.

The concept is simple.

Everyone who played UFC 1 has an Origin account associated with the game.

EA wants to email out all those people a beta invite, and there is limited space in the beta.

Since lots of people use fake email addresses, lost their passwords, opted out of emails communication on their Origin account (meaning EA can't email them if they want to) they sent out that tweet asking people to update their email address associated with the account and opt in to receive emails, hoping to get more up to date info before sending out the beta invite.

Late this past week, they pulled all the data from the database and sent out the email.

People who got the email could register for the beta.

Now for various different reasons, some people thought they opted in but actually didn't.

Or they opted in on the wrong account.

Or maybe something else went wrong.

So there's one more chance to update your info. When you update your info you don't get any notification that it "worked". All you're doing is updating your info.

Some time after the new deadline, someone will manually pull the data again, and send a new round of beta invites to people who are opted in with a UFC 1 Origin account, and hadn't already received an email.

If you think the account you're opting in with was the one registered with the game, but it isn't, you'll have updated you info correctly but you won't be in the database to get an email, and you won't be able to register.

Verify the account is the one associated with the game. Double check that, it's very important.

I don't think you will get any confirmation that anything is setup correctly until this *manual* process is done.

There is still lots of space left in the beta to my understanding.

This will be the last time they send out invites to my understanding.

So follow the instructions to the best of your ability, and wait.

If you don't get the email, you won't be eligible to register (despite stories to the contrary, that's what I've been told).

I really want everyone here to get in, but if something goes wrong on your end or ours during this last wave of sign ups, it will likely be too late to correct.

So just follow the instructions as closely as you can and hope for the best.

There's nothing more you can do than that.
Except this all applied to me and I didn't get the email.

Were we supposed to update our info on our account privacy preferences page? Or just the link everyone was told to use to opt in? Everyone was told just to use that "opt in" page. There was no UFC option on the privacy preferences page and there still isn't:

The only place where there's a UFC checkbox is the new page that was added as part of the "do this if you think you were supposed to get the email" process.

# 113 didi1 @ 01/16/16 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
I've done absolutely everything I can. Today I switched my email to a different one, verified it (receiving the email for verification, so not everything from EA is getting lost) and reset the opt-in preferences. Nothing (nor did I expect it, since that wasn't the email I registered UFC with)

Switched back to the original email, got the email verification again, reset the preference again, and still nothing.

At this point I'm done with it unless I get lucky and the change went in without me receiving the opt in email - it's not worth the frustration. Enjoy the beta guys!
I was able to register before I even got an email about the beta registration. I just followed the link to the beta registration, signed in, and registered. Then I finally got the email later that night.

# 114 GameplayDevUFC @ 01/16/16 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidbix
Except this all applied to me and I didn't get the email.

Were we supposed to update our info on our account privacy preferences page? Or just the link everyone was told to use to opt in? Everyone was told just to use that "opt in" page. There was no UFC option on the privacy preferences page and there still isn't:

The only place where there's a UFC checkbox is the new page that was added as part of the "do this if you think you were supposed to get the email" process.
I'm told the link was wrong in the first tweet.

Following the new instructions and hopefully that works.

# 115 sportsfan8812 @ 01/16/16 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by didi1
I did not have any issues signing up and registering for the beta. I literally just had to update my info, and opt in then wait until I received the beta registration email, and signed up for it. Not hard.
What a pointless comment. I understand that it's not hard but it's not working...... I'm clearly not the only one as it's an issue for a ton of people trying to do this. I'm glad that it worked for you but I and other users have followed everything that we have been advised to do but it doesn't work.

# 116 davidbix @ 01/16/16 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
I'm told the link was wrong in the first tweet.

Following the new instructions and hopefully that works.
Don't think I followed the link from the first tweet, but the "opt-in" links all went to the same page, just with varying referrer info added to the end of this URL: https://www.easports.com/ufc/newslet...text-site-ramp

# 117 Motown @ 01/16/16 02:52 PM
Well, I've done everything I'm supposed to do & still no confirmation email. I've funded EA Sports from the beginning KO Kings, email hasn't changed in10+yrs. WTH...smh

# 118 Factzzz @ 01/16/16 05:20 PM
I clicked the registration link, and i guess i was already signed in, and all it asked was for my prefered system, and then for me to agree to the terms or whatever.

So i did it, and then it said thank you, you'll get your 12 digit code.

Is that all? Or was i suppose to recieve an e-mail or anything else?

Edit: nevermind, i clicked the link again, and got this:

So i guess i'm good, literally took me 1 minute

# 119 The JareBear @ 01/16/16 05:56 PM
Can't wait!

Game info so far has me very enthused

# 120 jeremym480 @ 01/16/16 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG_Meth
I'm having the same issue as everyone else, but at least I got this shoutout [emoji38]
I hope you and Phobia don't get the Beta. That would give some of the other guys a chance to whoop up on them before they get used to the controls.

[emoji6]

Just kidding guys. I really do hope you can get in. Just keep trying and I'm sure it will work out.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.