Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

Mike Wang mentioned on Twitter that a shot tweak will be arriving this morning for NBA 2K16, making green releases easier on high percentage shots, along with a slight hit for contested three pointers.

Quote:
Shooting update going out late tonight that should make it slightly easier to get greens on open shots.

One (hopefully) last shot tweak 2AM PST. Easier greens on high % shots & slight hit to contested 3's. Curious to read everyone's feedback.

Play a few games and let us know what you're seeing.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 ohvitser12 @ 03/09/16 05:41 AM
Has it already arrived or i should update something?

# 2 BellSKA @ 03/09/16 06:54 AM
Anyone remember the tag line, "Set it, and forget it"? There have been multiple tweaks to shot mechanics over the last several months. I think enough data has been collected to know what the median is for too easy/ too difficult. Now we need to implement that median. I'm having a difficult time chasing a moving target.

# 3 The 24th Letter @ 03/09/16 07:31 AM
I'm not mad a Mike for attempting to improve shooting. People who are quick to drop the "they don't listen" line cant complain too much when they are attempting to do so.

at the same time, unless it's an extreme situation, there should be a stopping point for the changes, maybe around the all star break? That would be my only suggestion.

Anyway, going to get a couple games in this morning and see how it goes.

# 4 PhiPsi1 @ 03/09/16 07:42 AM
It has almost become a necessity that once you dial in your slider set that one should disconnect their connection to the 2K servers to avoid 'stealth patches' and these constant updates just to avoid having to start over again in trying to find a slider set (or adjust values) that fits ones' needs....Although the obvious downside is that you will have to do manual roster updates.

Fortunately, once I dialed in my slider set a month or so ago (ShadyMike base set w/ EccentricMeat's game speed, speed, and acceleration values), I went offline to avoid any stealth patches and such and have been getting consistent gameplay! Look forward to hearing everyone's feedback on Mike's recent update.

# 5 2_headedmonster @ 03/09/16 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi1;2048048469[B
]It has almost become a necessity that once you dial in your slider set that one should disconnect their connection to the 2K servers to avoid 'stealth patches' [/b]and these constant updates just to avoid having to start over again in trying to find a slider set (or adjust values) that fits ones' needs....Although the obvious downside is that you will have to do manual roster updates.

Fortunately, once I dialed in my slider set a month or so ago (ShadyMike base set w/ EccentricMeat's game speed, speed, and acceleration values), I went offline to avoid any stealth patches and such and have been getting consistent gameplay! Look forward to hearing everyone's feedback on Mike's recent update.
I remember when the majority categorically denied they were even happening when people noticed changes after roster updates. Personally I think that as long as there is a statistical basis for the changes then they make sense.

# 6 Mintsa @ 03/09/16 09:19 AM
I've noticed a dip in 3 point shooting the past 2 nights ?? Wasn't it already tweaked ? Is it being changed again ??

Honestly. I appreciate the effort to tweak the game but I think were in the realm of too much tweaking at this point. I've had the game going on 6 months now. I shouldn't be re-learning shooting for the X time.

Just got to leave at this point and let 2k16 play out.......

Also, why cant the chase down/block form behind be addressed like this ?

# 7 threattonature @ 03/09/16 09:31 AM
At least they gave us a heads up this time. I was upset because I thought I was losing my mind when I woke up one day and the game seemed way different in that the same shots I had been setting up before weren't dropping until I read others with the same complaint. I wish there was a way for franchises to pick which tuner set to use and have it as a concrete setting.

# 8 DBMcGee3 @ 03/09/16 09:49 AM
Some of the tweaks have been good, but they're just too frequent for my liking. I'd rather they spend the time updating player faces and tendencies.

# 9 ballin2k0 @ 03/09/16 10:29 AM
this is just proof the game has been broken since the start......the game predetermines a winner before the game even starts.....animation lag sucks..players are like controlling tanks...almost ever game in myteam you only play cheese teams-why cant you make the people that use certains player to win,,,play each other.....im not buying 2k17 because of all of this.

# 10 Nevertheles109 @ 03/09/16 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballin2k0
this is just proof the game has been broken since the start......the game predetermines a winner before the game even starts.....animation lag sucks..players are like controlling tanks...almost ever game in myteam you only play cheese teams-why cant you make the people that use certains player to win,,,play each other.....im not buying 2k17 because of all of this.
Wait.....what

I think the best route for 2K17 is to nail the shootings percentages prior to release as much as possible, like they did this year and do one or two minor updates within the first month or so just to iron out the very small kinks based on reality, not twitter or social media that doesn't have a good grasp on what really occurs during a game.

When they did their first few updates and lowered mid-range a tad and fixed stepbacks effectiveness, it was dam near perfect. But people wanted to rain threes and yet here we are, again.

# 11 KingofGyps @ 03/09/16 10:51 AM
Last night I was hitting open 3s with my center again at a 75% click.

If he made it even easier than it should be even closer to patch 4 than it was Tuesday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 12 Caelumfang @ 03/09/16 01:17 PM
I've been playing since this morning. I can't really complain about the shooting, at least as far as being open goes. I've had a few clanks, but I feel like I'm actually being rewarded for the most part for playing smart. The contested 3 might need a bit more of a hit, and buffing midrange a bit, but otherwise, I'm fine with shooting.

# 13 Mikelopedia @ 03/09/16 01:36 PM
DON'T

CHANGE

A

THING

lol. But seriously IMO, this is the best experience I've had so far in regards to being rewarded for taking great shots and being punished for taking bad shots. Isn't that what basketball is about?

Yes it is still possible to both miss wide open shots (even green releases) and make contested shots.

I have played 9 games today.

I have been the Timberwolves, Blazers, Warriors, Wizards, 76ers, Bucks, Bulls, Cavaliers and Celtics and I've played against the Cavaliers, Rockets, Thunder, Warriors and Hawks

I have won all 9 by an average of 8ppg. The reason for this is I dont take contested 3's and have been converting on open looks even with guys with low Offensive Consistency. (Shoutout to the Sixers lol)

Meanwhile my opponents for the most part (other than the 3 guys who were determined to try to dunk no matter what) shot a percentage more indicative of my ability to close out on shots.

Over the 9 games I shot 41 for 97 (42%) from 3 while my opponents shot 23 for 81 (28%). This included a game against the Warriors who went 3 for 19 and a Rockets user who went 1 for 17 and was the angriest child I've ever heard in my life and makes me fearful to see a school shooting tomorrow but also wonder why he's even home at 12:30 on a Tuesday.

In 2 games against the Warriors, Steph was 1 for 11 in one game and 5 for 9 in the other (the 2nd user took good shots, the 1st took horrible shots, not even Steph-like horrible)

Fair and Balanced
But not in a Fox News way. Good work 2k!

# 14 ksuttonjr76 @ 03/09/16 01:40 PM
So much complaining, and no feedback...wow.

After playing the game, it's not too bad. It does puts more focus (and rewarding) on making sure to contest the 3 or run them off the 3PT line. HOWEVER, it makes for a better situation where you can pick up more FTs for 3 shots by using a pump fake. Before, you can play the 3PT tight, but no one was really "worried or terrified" of the 3PT shot unless it was Steph Curry. Lastly, I think it opens up the post game a little bit more, because it makes a bad decision to drop down for the double team in the post.

However, I did hit a wide open 3 with Myles Turner and Ty Lawson, but I do like that Ellis can be a 3PT threat when open.

# 15 The 24th Letter @ 03/09/16 02:08 PM
After 5-6 Play Now Online games (all with the Hornets) shooting actually feels pretty balanced....

I hit on a reasonable amount of good looks, and other than Curry\Klay which I expect...I didn't see any heavily contested 3's fall...then again, I didn't see a huge amount fall before.

You're still not going to be 100% on every open shot, but in general it feels good so far.

# 16 jeebs9 @ 03/09/16 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
After 5-6 Play Now Online games (all with the Hornets) shooting actually feels pretty balanced....

I hit on a reasonable amount of good looks, and other than Curry\Klay which I expect...I didn't see any heavily contested 3's fall...then again, I didn't see a huge amount fall before.

You're still not going to be 100% on every open shot, but in general it feels good so far.
Well that's good to hear. I'll have to try it out tonight.

# 17 jeebs9 @ 03/09/16 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelopedia
DON'T

CHANGE

A

THING

lol. But seriously IMO, this is the best experience I've had so far in regards to being rewarded for taking great shots and being punished for taking bad shots. Isn't that what basketball is about?

Yes it is still possible to both miss wide open shots (even green releases) and make contested shots.

I have played 9 games today.

I have been the Timberwolves, Blazers, Warriors, Wizards, 76ers, Bucks, Bulls, Cavaliers and Celtics and I've played against the Cavaliers, Rockets, Thunder, Warriors and Hawks

I have won all 9 by an average of 8ppg. The reason for this is I dont take contested 3's and have been converting on open looks even with guys with low Offensive Consistency. (Shoutout to the Sixers lol)

Meanwhile my opponents for the most part (other than the 3 guys who were determined to try to dunk no matter what) shot a percentage more indicative of my ability to close out on shots.

Over the 9 games I shot 41 for 97 (42%) from 3 while my opponents shot 23 for 81 (28%). This included a game against the Warriors who went 3 for 19 and a Rockets user who went 1 for 17 and was the angriest child I've ever heard in my life and makes me fearful to see a school shooting tomorrow but also wonder why he's even home at 12:30 on a Tuesday.

In 2 games against the Warriors, Steph was 1 for 11 in one game and 5 for 9 in the other (the 2nd user took good shots, the 1st took horrible shots, not even Steph-like horrible)

Fair and Balanced
But not in a Fox News way. Good work 2k!
Awesome!! Can't wait for tonight!

# 18 BA2929 @ 03/09/16 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A6_Foul_Out
NBA 2K16 version 6.10. Completely different than the title you bought.. And changes every month depending on who jeers loudest on Twitter.

Tired of being a 60$ beta tester.
Don't buy the game in October then.

Simple fix.

# 19 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 03/09/16 03:49 PM
Shooting feels good as of today . I like the balance .

# 20 ballin2k0 @ 03/09/16 04:41 PM
i dont think a 60 dollar game should be so grindy....myteam mt payouts are sht....if someone quits on you in the first minute or quarter....a couple of games in a row you end up losing mt because 2k is to greedy to give any for someone quiting...wheere are the diamond shoes contracts ive never found them in a auction search or a pack opening wtf?where are they hiding?....i live on this game for the most part so all theses things strt to get to you....also in mycareer who though that breaking up the action with constant timeouts and spam on the screen was a good idea fire them....i even hate the shaq,kenny and the other guy they might be good on live tv but they become unbearable after a while....i find myself hating the game because all of this trash that could easily be fixed...

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.