Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

Alright, after many months of hard work, mostly by others not named me, we are very proud to announce the release of the 2016 OSFM HYBRID V1 - under psn - Crapinmyshoe

This year has been a special project as it was built around my son receiving his long awaited liver transplant and before I get into specifics about the roster, I would like to get thanks to our team, especially Waittilnextyear who engineered the majority of this year's edition, teeds who we also welcomed back into the fold and contributed many new faces as well as many quality control corrections, Cultbuscus who really got this thing back onto it's feet and basically gathered our team together this year, Totte who was our master of OD backdate as well as quality control, God of Nugget and Blobloblah who did a lot of the tedious work for us as well as the late Dr Illinios who managed to get himself banned from the site but still contributed.

If anyone is interested in making a donation towards the creation of this roster, I would appreciate donations made to Ronald McDonald House Toronto where I did the bulk of my work on the roster this year while my little guy recovered.

ROSTER DETAILS
  • This is a 40 man roster that contains the following edits;
  • Full roster rerate (no player untouched)
  • Pitch Edits from WTNY
  • OD roster for all MLB clubs and close for AAA and AA
  • No carry over stats for rookies except for Kyle Higashioka
  • New Faces and players added to the OSFM V1.5
  • Equipment edits where info was made available
  • Accurate Opening Day MLB lineups
  • Proper positioning according to Baseball Reference
  • So much more, you need to download and use it to believe
This roster is intended for 30 Team Control but can be played with Single Team.

You will not find another roster that plays as accurate to true life, I hate making claims like this but it is true.

Please rate the roster so non OS users will know it's worth, and most importantly enjoy it for what it is - a great baseball game roster.

WILLARD

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Garrett59 @ 05/24/16 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamj2281
Love the edits, but is anyone else getting really low ERA's across the league? I'm simulating basically the first year with the Braves, and overall team ERA's are mostly in the 2's and low 3's.

If I recall at the AS break, the top 10 were all under 2.50.
If i had to take a guess it would be due to many position players offensive stats being lowered and many picthers (who may not deserve it) being raised to pretty high levels. Overall most giys are rated well but looking through it is pretty hard to find elite rated offensive players. MVP J Don, has 70 contact and 80 power after hitting 40 homers and winning MVP because projections are always relunctant to bet on big seasons. I have no idea how this plays yet but my initial glance feels it will be extremely picther friendly.

# 62 Garrett59 @ 05/24/16 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambo187
Great work on the rosters, no matter what accomplishing such a task is always amazing.

However, After downloading I wasn't too impressed by the ratings. At least nothing there to make me stop using 3.0. I do think the border line pitchers got a much needed boost as they are now rightfully rated better than minor leaguers but overall the prospects are rated too high currently and potential too low and unless the low lever minor leaguers are studs they do not seem to relate to the players actual abilities well.

That's just my opinion.
I couldnt agree more. I am a firm believer of prove it in the major before they earn these crazy ratings. Some prospects are regarded way too highly, like Urias an 85 already, come on hes still in the minors. This roster is definitely pitching heavy and imho way too reliant on projections that dont seem to come true taht often. Projections always take the side of caution and this leads to many mediocre ratings shen some people can back up a career year and not decline to career averages

# 63 WaitTilNextYear @ 05/24/16 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamj2281
Love the edits, but is anyone else getting really low ERA's across the league? I'm simulating basically the first year with the Braves, and overall team ERA's are mostly in the 2's and low 3's.

If I recall at the AS break, the top 10 were all under 2.50.
I'm not sure if you saw it, but in the previous thread I suggested sliders to use in simmed games.

SP STAM = 1
RP STAM = 6
Manager Hook = 5
Injuries = 8

The SP Stamina slider sort of functions as a switch in this roster. Lower it for more offense, raise it for more pitching.

The problem you are having might be related to not having these set as intended.

# 64 Councilmann_Jamm @ 05/24/16 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett59
If i had to take a guess it would be due to many position players offensive stats being lowered and many picthers (who may not deserve it) being raised to pretty high levels. Overall most giys are rated well but looking through it is pretty hard to find elite rated offensive players. MVP J Don, has 70 contact and 80 power after hitting 40 homers and winning MVP because projections are always relunctant to bet on big seasons. I have no idea how this plays yet but my initial glance feels it will be extremely picther friendly.
Donaldson with 70/80 in a ReRate is almost the same as 90/100 on a regular roster set. Everyone is related to a new meteic system.

Quit bashing on guys who put in hard hours of their own time to do something for the community. If you don't like the ratings then don't play with them and leave the thread to people who want to give thanks.

# 65 Garrett59 @ 05/24/16 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Councilmann_Jamm
Donaldson with 70/80 in a ReRate is almost the same as 90/100 on a regular roster set. Everyone is related to a new meteic system.

Quit bashing on guys who put in hard hours of their own time to do something for the community. If you don't like the ratings then don't play with them and leave the thread to people who want to give thanks.
I am voicing my opinion not bashing the roster creators....

# 66 WaitTilNextYear @ 05/24/16 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Councilmann_Jamm

I appreciate the comment, but at the same time we know full well that this isn't the roster for some people. And that's fine. What matters to me is that I like it, will use it, and if it just so happens that 1,000 other people do also, then that's great and the whole reason why we share/make community rosters at all. I don't really care so much if some people are disappointed in something they didn't contribute to at all and got for free. Such is life.

# 67 Willard76 @ 05/24/16 02:40 PM
Ok, originally I was going to quote a ton of posts and answer stuff individually, but as I kept reading I think some things need to be cleared up as really some displeasure IMO comes from a general misunderstanding of what this roster is about, how it works in season 1 and how it works in season 5 and so on.

For those comparing Overalls from one player to another, please remember and I believe AC stated this as well - different attributes weigh heavier on different positions - for instance a 3B is weighed more on power than contact, as for pitchers where I see the biggest beef - while I will agree Arrieta is one of if not the best in the NL so far this year what may be weighing him down in essence compared to a guy like Syndergaard is the fact that the game weighs actual pitches heavier than the /9 pitching metrics - again this may be why young pitchers are rating higher than some would think.

For those wondering about projections - yes Donaldson had a monster year last year but projections don't just weigh in one season, they weigh it heaviest but every year going backwards in a career is weighed in, another reason why a younger player may have a slight advantage in this category when it comes to projections but that said we switched to Steamer this year who seems to be more harsh on younger players than ZiPs was. Projections were also preseason, not yesterdays numbers so some players may be better or worse that the projections said - but I promise they will probably play accurate - also take note that the game has it's own built in system to cause a player randomly to have a career or sub career season.

Next up Potentials and Prospects - first off every prospect is sexy and a future superstar fans of a certain organization - when in fact 90% of these guys will never be more than org filler - just ask Jesus Montero about that one. Our Potentials were based on actual scouting scales, so they are what the general baseball community of scouts think of that player, not what I the fan of my team thinks of them - and while they seem low, we have eradicated the future 2 years down the road having more A prospects than any league should have as well keeping A potential older players from retiring too soon.

Lastly for those who just look into numbers of the roster and haven't played more than a few games - give it a chance before you rip it - WTNY has developed a ratings system that gives super accurate in game play as well as at the end of the season real stats - take a look at the graphs WTNY posted in our previous thread if you need proof. Finally those saying that the pitching is stronger than the hitting, have you been watching baseball this or last year?

Willard

# 68 WaitTilNextYear @ 05/24/16 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willard76
Finally those saying that the pitching is stronger than the hitting, have you been watching baseball this or last year?
The validity (or not validity) of this sentiment is also 100% dependent on your skill level/difficulty and in-game sliders. If you set batting power and contact to 10 and pitch speed to 1, you'll see how scary those big bad pitchers are. lol

# 69 adamj2281 @ 05/24/16 03:44 PM
Ok, yeah I will try that and report back stats. I was going to try that this morning before work but ran out of time. The actual games I played (roughly 3) were nicely varied with TNK's sliders. I had one shutdown game by Casey Kelly (fringe AAAA Braves SP), got rocked with Folty (pretty highly upgraded overall wise) and then an average 4ER over 5 1/3 with Aaron Blair.

I know that's not a great sample size or really statistically telling, I just was surprised with the sim stats, mainly that there was no real variance between SP's everyone was in the 2's and 3's ERA wise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
I'm not sure if you saw it, but in the previous thread I suggested sliders to use in simmed games.

SP STAM = 1
RP STAM = 6
Manager Hook = 5
Injuries = 8

The SP Stamina slider sort of functions as a switch in this roster. Lower it for more offense, raise it for more pitching.

The problem you are having might be related to not having these set as intended.

# 70 referee032003 @ 05/24/16 04:39 PM
Just wondering if anyone has put out a roster for 2016 as good as this one with current team rosters for mlb15. I would like to use that for my franchise.

# 71 tonybologna @ 05/24/16 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by referee032003
Just wondering if anyone has put out a roster for 2016 as good as this one with current team rosters for mlb15. I would like to use that for my franchise.
Don't believe so buddy. I haven't seen any updated rosters for 15 anyhow. That kind of surprises me but don't think it's happened.

# 72 Speedy @ 05/24/16 06:28 PM
Quote:
I couldnt agree more. I am a firm believer of prove it in the major before they earn these crazy ratings. Some prospects are regarded way too highly, like Urias an 85 already, come on hes still in the minors. This roster is definitely pitching heavy and imho way too reliant on projections that dont seem to come true taht often. Projections always take the side of caution and this leads to many mediocre ratings shen some people can back up a career year and not decline to career averages
Quote:
Rule #1 of rerated rosters.

Don't look at the rates of players.

You have to play the game and see how it plays out; WTNY has already provided sim stats which prove how close to real life the ratings are not only at the end of the season but after MULTIPLE seasons. This is, by far, the best roster for sim-style players like ourselves. If your/my gameplay doesn't mirror real life, then it's a simple slider adjustment.

# 73 Cavicchi @ 05/24/16 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
Then change him in your roster. Problem solved. I don't think he'll keep up what he's doing offensively. We'll see, I guess. I've never seen people this worked up about 1-2 points of OVR/POT.
In the future, please read my post more carefully when replying, or at least quote it in reply. I have not downloaded this roster, and I mentioned that in my reply--shown below. In addition, I didn't say how many points Lindor should be increased, simply said A potential. Again, I have not downloaded the roster and have no desire to do that. Now, as for what I said:

"I haven't downloaded the roster, but going off what Bat said about Lindor, and the reply interests me. I am of the opinion what players do in the majors supersedes what they did in the minors. Lindor has had 564 at bats in the majors and hitting .312 along with 20 SB (8-1 this year), and in my estimation is without question an A potential. I see him as a potential gold glove shortstop who hits well and a fine baserunner."

"Bottom line--564 at bats is pretty much a full season, and I think that supersedes what Lindor hit in the minors."

# 74 kehlis @ 05/24/16 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
In the future, please read my post more carefully when replying, or at least quote it in reply. I have not downloaded this roster, and I mentioned that in my reply--shown below. In addition, I didn't say how many points Lindor should be increased, simply said A potential. Again, I have not downloaded the roster and have no desire to do that. Now, as for what I said:

"I haven't downloaded the roster, but going off what Bat said about Lindor, and the reply interests me. I am of the opinion what players do in the majors supersedes what they did in the minors. Lindor has had 564 at bats in the majors and hitting .312 along with 20 SB (8-1 this year), and in my estimation is without question an A potential. I see him as a potential gold glove shortstop who hits well and a fine baserunner."

"Bottom line--564 at bats is pretty much a full season, and I think that supersedes what Lindor hit in the minors."
He did quote your post in his reply.

# 75 Cavicchi @ 05/24/16 06:43 PM
Quote:
While my house was being built years ago, we stored 100's of slides in the basement there. Unfortunately, when we came to sign off and checked the house, apparently there was a flood in the basement and most of the slides were destroyed. I got rid of the projector.

I don't believe in weather projections, however, if it's raining and they say it's raining, I believe it is raining.

# 76 Cavicchi @ 05/24/16 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Oh, hi there, friend.

Do you see the words I wrote in his reply? Below is what I wrote--and clearly shows I have not downloaded the roster.

# 77 kehlis @ 05/24/16 06:55 PM
Quote:
Oh, hi there, friend.

Do you see the words I wrote in his reply? Below is what I wrote--and clearly shows I have not downloaded the roster.
Yes I did. I'm responding simply to what I've bolded below.

Quote:
In the future, before making accusations, make sure you are correct to do so because again, he did quote your post in his reply which you accused him of not doing.

# 78 UTAllTheWay @ 05/24/16 06:57 PM
Do you guys use normal settings or do yall use a slider set with these?

# 79 Cavicchi @ 05/24/16 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Further clarification:

He tells me to change it like it's a problem in the roster. I am not using his roster, nor have I downloaded his roster. I don't have a problem with Lindor in the roster I'm using, and no need to do anything with his overall or potential.

Thus, based on what I wrote and what he's telling me, there is a significant difference and his implication is wrong.

# 80 Nulap @ 05/24/16 07:04 PM
Quote:

If only the "one season" thing worked for Ron Kittle, Pat Listach, Joe Charboneau, Jerome Walton. One season is an outlier, not the norm.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.