Home
MLB The Show 16 News Post

Alright, after many months of hard work, mostly by others not named me, we are very proud to announce the release of the 2016 OSFM HYBRID V1 - under psn - Crapinmyshoe

This year has been a special project as it was built around my son receiving his long awaited liver transplant and before I get into specifics about the roster, I would like to get thanks to our team, especially Waittilnextyear who engineered the majority of this year's edition, teeds who we also welcomed back into the fold and contributed many new faces as well as many quality control corrections, Cultbuscus who really got this thing back onto it's feet and basically gathered our team together this year, Totte who was our master of OD backdate as well as quality control, God of Nugget and Blobloblah who did a lot of the tedious work for us as well as the late Dr Illinios who managed to get himself banned from the site but still contributed.

If anyone is interested in making a donation towards the creation of this roster, I would appreciate donations made to Ronald McDonald House Toronto where I did the bulk of my work on the roster this year while my little guy recovered.

ROSTER DETAILS
  • This is a 40 man roster that contains the following edits;
  • Full roster rerate (no player untouched)
  • Pitch Edits from WTNY
  • OD roster for all MLB clubs and close for AAA and AA
  • No carry over stats for rookies except for Kyle Higashioka
  • New Faces and players added to the OSFM V1.5
  • Equipment edits where info was made available
  • Accurate Opening Day MLB lineups
  • Proper positioning according to Baseball Reference
  • So much more, you need to download and use it to believe
This roster is intended for 30 Team Control but can be played with Single Team.

You will not find another roster that plays as accurate to true life, I hate making claims like this but it is true.

Please rate the roster so non OS users will know it's worth, and most importantly enjoy it for what it is - a great baseball game roster.

WILLARD

Game: MLB The Show 16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 23 - View All
MLB The Show 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 ShowTyme15 @ 05/24/16 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
Any chance you've written down what you've changed anywhere? Or is it going directly into the roster with no formal list being made? I think a lot of people would be interested in a list to use for their own pre-existing franchises of various types.
No sir. It's directly with the roster. I never write these things down. It's way too much work.

# 102 WaitTilNextYear @ 05/24/16 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
No sir. It's directly with the roster. I never write these things down. It's way too much work.
I feel the same way. It would be very useful to have if anyone was willing to take it on though. Heck, I bet Sony would kill for a list like that. We already know they use our work (ratings/faces etc) quite a bit.

# 103 ShowTyme15 @ 05/24/16 10:52 PM
Plus, some players change equipment frequently so writing it down or keeping a log would be pointless in some cases.

# 104 WaitTilNextYear @ 05/24/16 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
Plus, some players change equipment frequently so writing it down or keeping a log would be pointless in some cases.
No more pointless or dated than putting the edits in a roster would be! In both cases, it's a full time job staying on top of the trends and changes in wardrobes.

# 105 ShowTyme15 @ 05/24/16 10:55 PM
Quote:
No more pointless or dated than putting the edits in a roster would be! In both cases, it's a full time job staying on top of the trends and changes in wardrobes.
Oh I know man. That's why i don't create those types of threads. I find as current an image as possible, plug away at editing and then let it be LOL. If a guy changes something in May that wasn't there in April so be it. For the most part guys stick with the same gear. It's Mitts and batting gloves that some guys just change all the time like it's going out of style.

Jewelry as well changes for some guys frequently as well.

# 106 ShowTyme15 @ 05/24/16 11:36 PM
Here's a couple of examples of Johnny Cueto that I've done.

Here's his Getty page so people can compare.
http://www.gettyimages.com/photos/jo...y=true#license

# 107 OhioCub @ 05/24/16 11:48 PM
Roster looks great, I just have one issue. I'm not sure if it's this way on every team (haven't had a chance to look) but I noticed with my Cubs there's a few minor league RP's rated higher than the guys in the MLB bullpen. I know overalls aren't everything but when I looked at individual ratings they had H/9 and HR/9 ratings that were in the 80's. One was Spencer Patton and I forget who the others were but none were prospects. I guess I'm not understanding how projections for Spencer Patton could be that high when he's basically minor league bullpen filler.

# 108 will_leisure @ 05/25/16 12:53 AM
Thanks everyone! I sent my donation in just a minute ago.

It bums me out a little when a few people are already dissatisfied about something they haven't even cracked into yet. I know the wait has been weeks, but at least it's free. Nobody said the Hybrid was going to be perfect for everyone.

For me, the thing I care about is the accurate Opening Day rosters. I know some people like updated transactions to be included, but I want to play my own season with my own transactions. Michael Morse could be an all-star for the Pirates in my game. Probably not, but WHO KNOWS? (I probably will manually injure Gordon, Collabello, etc. for their infractions when it comes to those points, though, just to make things interesting).

I can't wait to start! But not now, lol. Maybe later this week. Of course stuff comes up this week.

# 109 deebs @ 05/25/16 12:55 AM
One of the features of this roster is "OD roster for majors, AAA, ETC"

But how do I get the roster to stick after spring training?

is there a way to force it to keep the OD lineups??

Or do I have to manually figure out who to send down for every team and set each teams roster??

Thanks!

# 110 WaitTilNextYear @ 05/25/16 01:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deebs

Or do I have to manually figure out who to send down for every team and set each teams roster??

Thanks!
Yep. It's not hard to do. Sort each team by the 40-man roster and remove all players that are listed as AAA, AA, or A. Write down the guys you remove so you can re-add them to the 40-man roster after Spring Training. Shouldn't take more than a couple of hours. Or you can just plow through and re-set the lineups and rotations after Spring Training if you think that's easier.

# 111 esham313 @ 05/25/16 01:13 AM
Quote:

Thanks!
You have to set each team to 25 man rosters prior to ending spring training. Then complete spring training and then lineups and rosters should stick. Best thing to do is remove all AAA and AA from 40 man roster before starting Spring Training.

# 112 deebs @ 05/25/16 01:41 AM
Thanks for the clarification fellas! Looks likes I got some work to do!

# 113 deebs @ 05/25/16 01:44 AM
Quote:
Yep. It's not hard to do. Sort each team by the 40-man roster and remove all players that are listed as AAA, AA, or A. Write down the guys you remove so you can re-add them to the 40-man roster after Spring Training. Shouldn't take more than a couple of hours. Or you can just plow through and re-set the lineups and rotations after Spring Training if you think that's easier.
Only problem is they are all listed as "MLB" on the 40 man roster. So its not easy to know who actually belongs in the minors.

Am I doing something wrong?

# 114 WaitTilNextYear @ 05/25/16 01:52 AM
Quote:
Only problem is they are all listed as "MLB" on the 40 man roster. So its not easy to know who actually belongs in the minors.

Am I doing something wrong?
Yep, you need to R1 over to the 40-man roster not the MLB roster.

# 115 CMDM828 @ 05/25/16 01:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willard76

Alright, after many months of hard work, mostly by others not named me, we are very proud to announce the release of the 2016 OSFM HYBRID V1 - under psn - Crapinmyshoe

This year has been a special project as it was built around my son receiving his long awaited liver transplant and before I get into specifics about the roster, I would like to get thanks to our team, especially Waittilnextyear who engineered the majority of this year's edition, teeds who we also welcomed back into the fold and contributed many new faces as well as many quality control corrections, Cultbuscus who really got this thing back onto it's feet and basically gathered our team together this year, Totte who was our master of OD backdate as well as quality control, God of Nugget and Blobloblah who did a lot of the tedious work for us as well as the late Dr Illinios who managed to get himself banned from the site but still contributed.

If anyone is interested in making a donation towards the creation of this roster, I would appreciate donations made to Ronald McDonald House Toronto where I did the bulk of my work on the roster this year while my little guy recovered.

ROSTER DETAILS
  • This is a 40 man roster that contains the following edits;
  • Full roster rerate (no player untouched)
  • Pitch Edits from WTNY
  • OD roster for all MLB clubs and close for AAA and AA
  • No carry over stats for rookies except for Kyle Higashioka
  • New Faces and players added to the OSFM V1.5
  • Equipment edits where info was made available
  • Accurate Opening Day MLB lineups
  • Proper positioning according to Baseball Reference
  • So much more, you need to download and use it to believe
This roster is intended for 30 Team Control but can be played with Single Team.

You will not find another roster that plays as accurate to true life, I hate making claims like this but it is true.

Please rate the roster so non OS users will know it's worth, and most importantly enjoy it for what it is - a great baseball game roster.

WILLARD

Quick Question Willard. Are these based off the latest version of OSFM? I know versions 1 and 2 had the STAT glitch that ruined Franchise Mode for people and I wanted to know if this was based on version 3 rather than the glitch version 1 and 2. Thanks.

# 116 WaitTilNextYear @ 05/25/16 01:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMDM828
Quick Question Willard. Are these based off the latest version of OSFM? I know versions 1 and 2 had the STAT glitch that ruined Franchise Mode for people and I wanted to know if this was based on version 3 rather than the glitch version 1 and 2. Thanks.
I assume you mean the career stats issue for players yet to play in MLB by STAT glitch?

We fixed that for everybody except Yankees AA catcher Kyle Higashioka. He's a tough nut to crack...tried all kinds of things such as re-creating/trying 4 or 5 other versions of him/importing in someone else, but his life force was just too strong. It was sort of like the scene in Ghostbusters where Rick Moranis (or was it Bill Murray?) walked in and saw Sigourney Weaver levitating in the air. Inexplicable.

# 117 deebs @ 05/25/16 02:54 AM
Quote:
Yep, you need to R1 over to the 40-man roster not the MLB roster.
No that wasn't it... (Give me a little credit

I discovered that I must edit BEFORE entering/starting a new franchise.

If I am already inside the spring training then it lists them all as MLB

Thanks

# 118 Wbcfan @ 05/25/16 09:31 AM
Where do you come up with the ratings?

# 119 ShowTyme15 @ 05/25/16 10:00 AM
Quote:
I assume you mean the career stats issue for players yet to play in MLB by STAT glitch?

We fixed that for everybody except Yankees AA catcher Kyle Higashioka. He's a tough nut to crack...tried all kinds of things such as re-creating/trying 4 or 5 other versions of him/importing in someone else, but his life force was just too strong. It was sort of like the scene in Ghostbusters where Rick Moranis (or was it Bill Murray?) walked in and saw Sigourney Weaver levitating in the air. Inexplicable.
Try importing Dayan Viciedo over him and re-create him. I did this with a player last night and it worked.

Also another weird thing happened RussCanzler, Jake Fox, and Blake Tekotte had a stats glitch after I imported them over legends then I went and checked them last night and somehow their stas reset and everything is normal now.

# 120 CBoller1331 @ 05/25/16 11:19 AM
Fantastic job to everyone involved with this roster!!! Can't wait to start a franchise with these!

One quick question. When starting a 30 team control franchise, should I set the budgets to OFF because the contracts were edited?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.