Home
EA Sports UFC 2 News Post

Geoff Harrower, A.K.A. GameplayDevUFC, has been posting quite a few details on the upcoming EA Sports UFC 2 patch on his Twitter page. While no date for the patch has been revealed, he has posted quite a few nuggets. Check out some of them below and let us know what you think!
  • Punches in single collar clinch will no longer interrupt transitions
  • Increased counter window after denied clinch attempt
  • Added counter damage bonus after denied clinch attempt
  • Reduced the damage of Thai knees slightly
  • Fixed bug so you can now deny a clinch attempt during the follow through of your strike
  • Added new logic to control when different strike types can interrupt a takedown
  • Fixed bug that made takedowns in some clinch positions too easy, and others too hard
  • Added new grapple momentum scenarios to a few ground and clinch transitions
  • Gave fighters who have the sitout sweep in sprawl the option to also perform the half guard escape
  • Tuned the submissive fighter's escape from back mount to half guard to be a bit more difficult
  • Changed the inputs for submission reversals on the ground to be L2+R2 to fix exploits and enforce pre-emptive denial penalty
  • Punish the defender in a submission for defending a chain before it appears by taking away some defensive progress
  • Pushing in the wrong direction to deny submission chain blocks the defending fighter from pushing in the correct direction
  • AI will now use submission reversals
  • Some fighter AI's tuned to use submissions and takedowns more or less as appropriate to their real life counterparts
  • Blocking and stamina management improvements for pro AI
This post will get updated as more details are revealed.

Game: EA Sports UFC 2Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
EA Sports UFC 2 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 fishingtime @ 05/30/16 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
Ya but it also will slow down the clinch to. Sometimes in mma ppl clinch just because there tired or just want to hold on, so this way you might have scenarios were you see ppl clinch up and just not move and stayed glued to see who does the first move.

It would be nice also if the ref stand up/Break timer was faster in the clinch more so when ppl get denied over and over and it becomes a hugging match.
The clinch is already slow if you play it right. You have to watch your stamina or they will turn it on you and finish you. People should be able to clinch to gain stamina back. That is a real tactic. Granted this should only be certain clinch entries. Which should actually become the default. (Over/under). Maybe double under as well.

The ref shouldn't break if you keep getting denied. The fighter is still working.

# 22 Jonnysmallfeet @ 05/30/16 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
True, but they are catering to the people who can't adapt. You don't nerf the clinch because people can't understand it. You educate them on what to do in the clinch. Uppercuts should be one of the most damaging strikes in the clinch. I never use it though because it is only slightly better than a single button hook.

Did the blocking in the clinch get fixed? You can use body punches and the opponent has to block them like they were blocking knees.
Some people want to adapt but can't.

Some people have slower reaction times they can't react quick enough for denials and for someone that mixes up shots in the clinch.

So they might block your first elbow and don't react quick enough for the knee and then they are out.

I had a friend who literally stopped playing because he was just getting ruined in the clinch nearly all the time, he loves MMA but is terrible at games. He deserves to enjoy his experience aswell just the same as everyone else.

# 23 Bigg Cee @ 05/30/16 05:03 PM
Quote:
The clinch is already slow if you play it right. You have to watch your stamina or they will turn it on you and finish you. People should be able to clinch to gain stamina back. That is a real tactic. Granted this should only be certain clinch entries. Which should actually become the default. (Over/under). Maybe double under as well.

The ref shouldn't break if you keep getting denied. The fighter is still working.
I AGREE 100% ON THIS!

# 24 SMOKEZERO @ 05/30/16 05:06 PM
The high competition and stakes of the LEC is the best thing to happen in terms of weeding out exploits and balancing the game. I'd guess they're trying to push this patch for the 199 LEC.

# 25 fishingtime @ 05/30/16 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnysmallfeet
Some people want to adapt but can't.

Some people have slower reaction times they can't react quick enough for denials and for someone that mixes up shots in the clinch.

So they might block your first elbow and don't react quick enough for the knee and then they are out.

I had a friend who literally stopped playing because he was just getting ruined in the clinch nearly all the time, he loves MMA but is terrible at games. He deserves to enjoy his experience aswell just the same as everyone else.
I agree, but within reason. Can he not handle himself on the ground? The clinch is actually easier than the ground on both sides. The only time it becomes dangerous is when you have low stamina. You essentially are giving the guys who are good at the game, but aren't the best in the clinch the tools to become better because they don't have to worry about a position. That would be like nerfing the ground game to death. You don't nerf because people can't adjust. This is a game. People need to learn all the aspects. Just because one gives them trouble because they weren't used to it because it was basically non-existent in the first game, doesn't mean you make it easier to escape. Might as well make mount take one blocked strike to transition because that is a much more dangerous spot.

# 26 Trillz @ 05/30/16 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddyballz
Wtf is up with the second half of the ufc 2-live event competition I thought today was the second qualifier to get in? Or is it just for the people that already qualified?
Probs when the patch is released it will be up, patch should be out when UFC 199 is in place.

# 27 Bigg Cee @ 05/30/16 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillz
Probs when the patch is released it will be up, patch should be out when UFC 199 is in place.
I say this patch will be out Wednesday mourning or Thursday mourning.

# 28 fishingtime @ 05/30/16 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKEZERO
The high competition and stakes of the LEC is the best thing to happen in terms of weeding out exploits and balancing the game. I'd guess they're trying to push this patch for the 199 LEC.
The feedback was based on playing people in much higher divisions though right? So you will definitely get some feedback that is biased against something so many don't understand, or want to. I got clinched a lot too, and my biggest issue with the clinch was the lag that wouldn't let you transition.

# 29 GameplayDevUFC @ 05/30/16 05:20 PM
Quote:
The feedback was based on playing people in much higher divisions though right? So you will definitely get some feedback that is biased against something so many don't understand, or want to. I got clinched a lot too, and my biggest issue with the clinch was the lag that wouldn't let you transition.
A lot of the same feedback came from top 10 players in LEC as well though.

When top players and mid players say the same thing, it's probably something you should look at.

# 30 tissues250 @ 05/30/16 05:24 PM
update -------

- Fixed bug so you can now deny a clinch attempt during the follow through of your strike #patchspoilers

# 31 aholbert32 @ 05/30/16 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
Larkin! Yes, he should be in WW MW LHW and HW. Thanks, I was hoping he would be in since release, but better late than never.

Now just Cowboy at ww, Barao FW, Jury LW, Linker FW, Masvidal LW, Edgar BW, plus the others that need to be in right classes.
Dave, did GPD confirm Larkin? I dont see it anywhere.

# 32 fishingtime @ 05/30/16 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
A lot of the same feedback came from top 10 players in LEC as well though.

When top players and mid players say the same thing, it's probably something you should look at.
I agree, but what was the feedback from the top 10 players? Did it involve latency/lag? You can still be a top 10 fighter and not know how to work in the clinch. The fact that the fakes aren't used there as a way around being denied is why it feels different to them.

I knew you guys were going to further nerf the clinch. There is just too much negative feedback from it not to. That comes from not having a viable clinch the first game. I beat a top 10 guy from last game in the clinch. What does that say? He didn't learn the clinch. He isn't even ranked this game because he isn't good at the clinch. Clinch against the cage can be OP. That is because of the default entry and ability to strike right away.

I don't like the changes, but understand why you guys had to make them.

# 33 Donnie_Brasco_FR @ 05/30/16 05:27 PM
Fix the size of Teixeira, he is 6'2 in real life and 6'0 in the game!
When we deny the thai clinch, we push the opponent so far, it should be like the single clinch.

# 34 GameplayDevUFC @ 05/30/16 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Dave, did GPD confirm Larkin? I dont see it anywhere.
I haven't posted anything about any fighters.

# 35 fishingtime @ 05/30/16 05:31 PM
This is about the same or more spoilers than last time. Patch tomorrow?

# 36 aholbert32 @ 05/30/16 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie_Brasco_FR
Fix the size of Teixeira, he is 6'2 in real life and 6'0 in the game!
When we deny the thai clinch, we push the opponent so far, it should be like the single clinch.
That bug is just in the tale of the tape. The actual character is the right height.

# 37 Bigg Cee @ 05/30/16 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tissues250
update -------

- Fixed bug so you can now deny a clinch attempt during the follow through of your strike #patchspoilers
oh thank god!!!!

This made me scared to strike sometimes of ppl who would do 3 and 4 clinch attempts in a row.

# 38 Dave_S @ 05/30/16 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
I haven't posted anything about any fighters.

I believe in a multiverse, so in one of the infinite realities gpd confirmed it. Well deserved after that amazing reversal of the cage.

I aplaud GPD

# 39 Daddyballz @ 05/30/16 05:40 PM
What is up with the second qualifying part of the live competition event?

# 40 Fearhead24 @ 05/30/16 05:56 PM
@GAMEPLAYDEVUFC How Do you guys plan to compensate what you screwed up on that lightweight packs except avoiding answers on Twitter? That's the only thing I and a lot of others care atm.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.