Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

2K has just announced the full NBA 2K17 soundtrack, curated by Imagine Dragons, Noah “40” Shebib of OVO Sound, and Grimes. The new soundtrack will feature music across all genres including hip-hop, rock and alternative with songs from JAY Z, Future, Action Bronson, The Internet, The 1975, Santigold, and more. Check out the full list of tracks below and listen to it on Spotify here.

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 81 Geolink @ 08/12/16 07:57 PM
You're telling me not one Kanye song on the soundtrack... really, 2K?

All Day? Champions? Black Skinhead?

# 82 Hopsin @ 08/12/16 08:02 PM
The sound track no matter how good the songs are gets repetitive, it took like a month and a half with 16s sound track before I just couldn't stand it.. Maybe it's just me though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 83 MoneyOvaHuds @ 08/12/16 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negan
So is there anything not rap?...

Did you even check the songs lol

# 84 MackZillaTV @ 08/12/16 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboyfan_19
His song "Over" in 2k11 was still very good. Somewhere between that time & a few years ago was when he decided to sell out and become too mainstream for my taste.
Drake was virtually always "mainstream", people just hate when something gets too popular.

# 85 MackZillaTV @ 08/12/16 08:08 PM
Quote:
So is there anything not rap?...
Seeming as this is a basketball game there should be more rap. I'm just bummed there's no Travis Scott or Ye songs.

# 86 vtcha @ 08/12/16 08:23 PM
Of all the Drizzy songs, they don't put Jumpman?? Like the one song that references basketball... c'mon lol

Really disappointed there was no Flume either. "Say It" would've been an excellent choice

Some other songs I wouldn't mind either (released between now and NBA 2K16):
  • All the Way Up - Fat Joe
  • What a Year - Big Sean
  • Let Em' Know - Bryson Tiller
  • Ocean Drive - Duke Dumont
  • Stole the Show - Kygo
  • Lord Knows - Meek Mill
  • Powerful - Major Lazer
  • White Iverson - Post Malone
  • Hoops - The Rubens

# 87 ksuttonjr76 @ 08/12/16 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopsin
The sound track no matter how good the songs are gets repetitive, it took like a month and a half with 16s sound track before I just couldn't stand it.. Maybe it's just me though.

I'm in the same boat. The soundtrack usually ends up being "background noise" for me after a month. I hear it, but I'm not really tapping my feet to it while I'm navigating through the menus or playing the game. However, I do go through the list after a couple of weeks, and mute the songs that I don't like.

Since I don't listen to a lot of current Top 100 music, 90% of these songs are new to me regardless.

# 88 ksuttonjr76 @ 08/12/16 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackZillaTV
Drake was virtually always "mainstream", people just hate when something gets too popular.
Or they simply don't like Drake...his music is alright. I've heard better. If it was up to me, I would prefer to have songs from artists like DMX, LL Cool J, Eminem, Obie Trice, Lil John, Method Man, Nas, mixed in with some Ratt, Korn, Metallica, Rob Zombie, and songs from the Rocky 4 soundtrack, lol.

# 89 raiderphantom @ 08/12/16 09:15 PM
I don't mind Drake but those songs in particular aren't good in my opinion. I haven't muted a 2K soundtrack since 2K12 but this one might be next on my list. I don't have to like every song but a lot of these tracks are just irritating to me lol

# 90 nddot @ 08/12/16 09:17 PM
the soundtrack looks nice !

glad to see the internet and kiiara made it !

# 91 NoLeafClover @ 08/12/16 09:28 PM
I don't recognise a single song on there other than the ones off past 2K soundtracks.

I feel old.

No decent throwback tracks for us 30 year olds?

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

# 92 23 @ 08/12/16 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
or this over and over for what was I believe the 2k1 soundtrack

https://youtu.be/dfQFmMMUV0I
Definitely this more than broke down 2k4 lol

But just smooth instrumentals so much better

# 93 Chargers_Are_The_Bes @ 08/12/16 09:56 PM
Quote:
I'm sorry, being I'm not a trendy teenager or Hip Hopper, I don't keep up with trash music...Sorry for my ignorance on this matter. I'll take my curiosity and head over to the senior section. But hey, thanks...

Yeah please do

# 94 MackZillaTV @ 08/12/16 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Or they simply don't like Drake...his music is alright. I've heard better. If it was up to me, I would prefer to have songs from artists like DMX, LL Cool J, Eminem, Obie Trice, Lil John, Method Man, Nas, mixed in with some Ratt, Korn, Metallica, Rob Zombie, and songs from the Rocky 4 soundtrack, lol.
You do realize although the artists you named are great, that 2K's main audience are 10-21 and listen to Chief Keef and stuff like that? I personally would mute that myself because Rob Zombie should only be in Madden or NHL, KoRn is self-explanatory, and only some people from the AG 10-21 know who those REAL Hip-hop artists are.

# 95 porkys8077 @ 08/12/16 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
It's both some don't like him and some hate because it's a cool thing to do.

# 96 ksuttonjr76 @ 08/12/16 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackZillaTV
You do realize although the artists you named are great, that 2K's main audience are 10-21 and listen to Chief Keef and stuff like that? I personally would mute that myself because Rob Zombie should only be in Madden or NHL, KoRn is self-explanatory, and only some people from the AG 10-21 know who those REAL Hip-hop artists are.
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Let the young people have their music, lol.

# 97 YaBoial @ 08/12/16 11:25 PM
Can we could have least gotten j.cole or some smooth early 1990s-2000s songs. The money that 2k makes could surely afford some good hip hop songs or at least some good underground rappers.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

# 98 CaseIH @ 08/12/16 11:26 PM
I know Im old when Ive never heard of any of these songs, and only a couple of the artist,lol. I do know Drake and not a fan of his, dont really know any of his songs, its just I dont care much for him as a person after seeing a pic of 1 of his concerts with the mark of the beast on the screen behind him, until then I thought he was a OK guy, but not so much now. Personally I dont pay much attention to the music anyway, and bad music is the least of the things Im concerned about when it comes to a sports game anyway

# 99 cb1115 @ 08/12/16 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
I know Im old
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
I do know Drake and not a fan of his, dont really know any of his songs, its just I dont care much for him as a person after seeing a pic of 1 of his concerts with the mark of the beast on the screen behind him
yep, your story checks out

# 100 azy19 @ 08/12/16 11:41 PM
Too much hip hop IMO.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.