Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

Chris Smoove has posted some off-screen video footage of NBA 2K17 from Gamescom.

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 61 23 @ 08/19/16 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sva91
Dam, trap city. Looks improved, but some of these dudes traps are crazy. Looks like it's an issue with the jerseys.. Like they had to compromise the traps or something. Butler had em too.
Need to fix those jerseys man.

Last gen they just floated in the air on the players back

Now the players have traps like Prime Hulk Hogan

# 62 raidertiger @ 08/19/16 02:33 AM
I also thought the nets were an improvement. Not great by any means but its more aesthetically pleasing for sure.

# 63 MarkWilliam @ 08/19/16 02:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raidertiger
I also thought the nets were an improvement. Not great by any means but its more aesthetically pleasing for sure.
I'm thinking they're in slow motion (even more so than in the past)..... haha.

But meh. What can we do....

# 64 JAY_D1 @ 08/19/16 02:44 AM
People complaining about body types in a shaky cam/not the best resolution video...

Lighting looks bad? Body Types look weird? Lets save that for that HD gameplay rollout..Will say I am happy to see some little things added to it. I gotta wait for that HD gameplay rollout.

No one going to pass on this game cause the nets are missing a certain movement, the gum isnt spearmint that they chew or that the players do not cough enough when they head to the paint. We got lots of gameplay to uncover, ill be the positive one.

# 65 MarkWilliam @ 08/19/16 02:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KGDunks
What the hell? Did they go back to 2007 and scan rookie Durant? Awful.
10 char...

# 66 tsbmolina @ 08/19/16 05:11 AM
Looking great to me. Some of you guys are ridiculous on here. It's a low res video not running at 60 frames per second and you want to judge the graphics and smoothness, smh.

# 67 Phreezy P @ 08/19/16 06:28 AM

Add to OP

# 68 Junior Moe @ 08/19/16 07:02 AM
Jumpshots appear to have been sped up.

# 69 Thetruth9012 @ 08/19/16 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
Jumpshots appear to have been sped up.
and thats a good thing.

# 70 DC @ 08/19/16 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sva91
One thing that's off(I hate to be the guy), the player models don't really have butts. It's always been an issue. Guys like lebron or draymond don't look as athletic without the bigger legs/butt, they have exact same thighs as Durant or any skinny guy. I know it sounds a lil homo, but guys like Harden/CP3 have much different lower bodies than thinner dudes.
Funny post. I can understand. I just wouldn't have been the one to verbalize it

# 71 Goffs @ 08/19/16 07:51 AM
I do like Durants new body type but 2k does go a bit to the extreme side lol

Gamer "yo Durant lookin a bit thick lol"

2k art person "YOU WANT SKINNY YOU UNGRATEFUL *****! I'LL GIVE YOU SKINNY!"

and here we are lol this also how I see how the art teams reacts to the posts here.

# 72 kolkmania @ 08/19/16 07:53 AM
Loved the elevator play.

# 73 Junior Moe @ 08/19/16 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chmielu9123
and thats a good thing.
Yes indeed. Last gen default had the jumpshot speed perfect.

# 74 Saro1 @ 08/19/16 08:16 AM
Finally more light on the courts.

# 75 Gosens6 @ 08/19/16 08:19 AM
Do not like Durants arms. Doesn't look natural at all.

From the second video, AI appears to play smarter basketball instead of just bulldozing the paint. (Loved Steph pulling up from halfcourt. As long as it doesn't happen too often)

Rebounding looks incredibly improved. Passing seems to still need some work

There's a certain smoothness I can see in these videos, I like it.

Obviously need to see a lot more to pass any real judgment. From the little I'm seeing, I do see some improvements

# 76 Oldhead80 @ 08/19/16 08:33 AM
Y'all dudes man...now Durant and Draymond are TOO skinny for y'all? I'll just say this...watching both of them move around in these brief video clips they look MUCH better. Durant finally looks distinctive out there like he should...an extremely long, slim 7'0" wing.

# 77 Gosens6 @ 08/19/16 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhead80
Y'all dudes man...now Durant and Draymond are TOO skinny for y'all? I'll just say this...watching both of them move around in these brief video clips they look MUCH better. Durant finally looks distinctive out there like he should...an extremely long, slim 7'0" wing.
His arms are not that skinny IRL. They're just not. There's absolutely no muscle definition in his model. He looks like a 10 year old with abnormally long, skinny arms. Like he's never lifted a weight in his life

His arms do not look like that in game.

# 78 Vni @ 08/19/16 08:39 AM
Durant's body model gonna be perfect for Ingram though

They can't mess that up.

# 79 scottyp180 @ 08/19/16 08:40 AM
A couple things I notice that look different to me, I could be incorrect.

-Ball interaction with the rim looks improved. Looks like a more realistic bounce. I wonder if that will translate into a more 'live' ball (not talking nba live).

-it looks like there is more variety in the crowd. I'm seeing a mix of white shirts, red shirts, and yellow shirts. I noticed a couple Warriors fans sprinkled in as well. Not sure if it's vastly different from last year but just something I'm picking up on.

-the wide body concern isn't noticeable here. Maybe this is a difference build, maybe it's the footage quality, or maybe there was just fuss over a non issue. I think the jury is still out on this one.

-Durant looks a little too skinny but I'd rather that than a little too bulky.

Overall I like what I see given the quality and quantity (2 minutes) of this video.

# 80 Vni @ 08/19/16 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow86
What was wrong with the scoreboard before? I loved that one, with the 3d type logo ala ESPN. This one is more like CSN with the overly bright coloured bars.

What I didn't like about the previous scoreboard is that it didn't pop out. Like it wasn't sharp enough and the design wasn't particularly great either overall.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.