Home
PES 2017 News Post

The PES 2017 demo is available now for Xbox One users, weighing in at 3.3 GB. Queue it up right here.

UPDATE: The demo is now available on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4.

Play a few matches and post your impressions!

Control Reality in Pro Evolution Soccer 2017 with the demo, and experience these new gameplay features:
  • Real Touch – Players control the ball in unique ways based on where and how you control them
  • Authentic Visuals – Player models, lighting, crowds, pitch and stadiums totally revamped
  • Adaptive AI – For the first time in a football game, the AI will learn how you play and adapt accordingly
  • Natural Player Movement – Hundreds of new animations have been added to bring the players to life
  • Goalkeepers – Keepers see a great jump in their quality, through added motions and animations

Game: PES 2017Hype Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 10 - View All
Member Comments
# 81 BL8001 @ 08/24/16 02:31 PM
Going through the cameras.

If they had a blimp vertical we would have the return of an advanced version of sensible soccer.

# 82 C.J.S. @ 08/24/16 03:23 PM

# 83 RoyceDa59 @ 08/24/16 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.J.S.
Wow that was great love how it looks like you didn't know how to react with Ox after you scored that haha.

# 84 therizing02 @ 08/24/16 03:55 PM
It's bee a few years since I've had the "I can't wait until this game come out feeling"....it's back.

In Matt's first (of what will be many ) videos he used the word "nostalgic".

When you start a game in this demo and in many of the past games of the series you get a certain feeling when the players walk out on the pitch. Not sure how to put it into words, but you can almost feel the moment and the match build up as the players and refs take the pitch. Do I have the right tactics? How is the form of the team going to play out? Have I started the right players and are they in the proper formation given the opponent?

As the game plays out you can feel the tension of the match. Are they adjusting to my tactics? Should I sub? Is it too early to sub?

These are the thoughts that I had playing past PES/WE games and that is what I thought of yesterday playing through about 5 games of this demo. That's the first time that has happened since WE9.

The feeling of playing soccer vs. a video game appears to be back....finally.

# 85 C.J.S. @ 08/24/16 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
It's bee a few years since I've had the "I can't wait until this game come out feeling"....it's back.

When you start a game in this demo and in many of the past games of the series you get a certain feeling when the players walk out on the pitch. Not sure how to put it into words, but you can almost feel the moment and the match build up as the players and refs take the pitch. Do I have the right tactics? How is the form of the team going to play out? Have I started the right players and are they in the proper formation given the opponent?

As the game plays out you can feel the tension of the match. Are they adjusting to my tactics? Should I sub? Is it too early to sub?

These are the thoughts that I had playing past PES/WE games and that is what I thought of yesterday playing through about 5 games of this demo. That's the first time that has happened since WE9.

agree, best demo in a long time

# 86 DBMcGee3 @ 08/24/16 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BL8001
Here is boca river xbox one. Someone at ms or konami needs to tell us why this game looks crisp and clear on PS4 and blurry on xbox one. Other sports games don't look this drastically different.

And yes, I missed a wide open goal at 4 min. I just held the stick the wrong way, I was playing FIFA style and trying to guide the player to the ball, holding left stick up and left but he was smart enough to move there on his own so when I shot the shot went up and left and I missed.

I put my head in my hands and went no, looked up and my dude on screen had his head in his hands.

Ouch man, even I had my head in my hands when you missed that sitter. Really nice cross and header to set up that wank though, if there's a silver lining, lol.

# 87 Bixer @ 08/24/16 04:17 PM
Just downloaded the demo and played a bit now - I'm really, really enjoying it. Feels smooth, animations look great and for the most part player positioning seems good.

Early days of course, but it really feels like this could be the year I finally return to PES - I've been waiting 10 years for it to happen!

I'm so sick of buying FIFA by default, purely because PES is that much worse. It really does feel as though we have a genuine contender this year and to be honest at this stage it really wouldn't take a lot for me to say goodbye to EA now. Looking back, I didn't really 'enjoy' FIFA 15 or 16, it was always too much of an uphill struggle to get them to play properly.

But anyway, I digress. Really loving the demo so far, I'm excited to see what Konami can do this year.

# 88 RoyceDa59 @ 08/24/16 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02

Was wondering when you were going to post some impressions. Pes impression thread isn't complete until you, Ezio, and LingeringRegime post haha.

# 89 L4velle @ 08/24/16 04:26 PM
I'm just hoping we get the licences back that we had last year for AFC Champions League and Libertadores. Being a XB1 user and not being able to file share the licences are looking extremely sparse for the Europe this year. Absolutely love the demo. Big thumbs up. I for one don't really like the PES vs Fifa argument I love both games for different reasons and always buy both as they both give a different but enjoyable experience. Back to PES and big plus on the major negatives from a strong showing in PES 2016 last year. The GK are much better and the shooting mechanics are much better and varied. Ball physics seem to been improved significantly as well.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

# 90 BL8001 @ 08/24/16 04:36 PM
I wish the demo was better at illustrating the new features.

How does real touch come off?

I think you just LS. But do you? just LS or hold LT ( I moved special to LT) and RS? I did not see it in the command list.

Same with precise pass. It just happens or am I supposed to be button pressing to make it happen?

Most I can glean from searching online is it just happens. If your player you are controlling is awesome you will see it more. Rolling with some serie B squad you may never see it

# 91 Matt10 @ 08/24/16 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
I'm sure it's programmed that way on purpose by Konami to create more end-to-end-action and "exciting" gameplay for casuals. Realistic midfield play/defending slows things down too much. I'm sure most players don't even think it's a problem seeing defenders sprint back to the edge of their own 18 yard box the instant their team loses possession, as long as the graphics look good on celebrations.
That's the balance the devs face, but at some point, when it starts feeling like charity because the CPU won't score - only then will it start to open some eyes. I'm trying to stay positive and blitzing my videos anywhere so to educate those who aren't aware of these issues yet. I'm hoping it reaches whoever it needs to, that will make an impact. The game is so flippin close, I'm considering, if it's not fixed, to go crazy and edit each individual gameplan for teams - just for the sake of having a proper match.

Last hope is really that ML/FL doesn't adhere to the rapid attack/defense levels, and is more in-tune with game situation. One can hope though .

# 92 BL8001 @ 08/24/16 05:02 PM
If the squads are from May, what time do we think this game build is from?

You would think they would need it compiled at least a month before gamescom?

If that is the case this build would be around mid-june?

if a game goes gold about a month in advance then that is now basically.

So dev time between the demo build and full game would be a month? maybe a month and half possibly? Just trying to suss out if something like what Matt is noting could be fixed already.

Bhatti said on twitter no day 1 patch

# 93 RoyceDa59 @ 08/24/16 05:18 PM
Quote:
If the squads are from May, what time do we think this game build is from?

You would think they would need it compiled at least a month before gamescom?

If that is the case this build would be around mid-june?

if a game goes gold about a month in advance then that is now basically.

So dev time between the demo build and full game would be a month? maybe a month and half possibly? Just trying to suss out if something like what Matt is noting could be fixed already.

Possibly but I wouldn't count on it because is a balancing act developers take. Rectifying one issue could really break another one or even worse add in various other problems. It really comes down to is it game-breaking or destroying the fun factor for you. I honestly think the issue seems more tied to the Superstar difficulty level as with Top Player it doesn't really stand out as much.

I still think it is there is much to test, it is hard to say how the final game will address certain issues with the demo. There is still tactics and other features locked out the demo best we can do is enjoy what we have here and wait to give our final verdict for the retail version (if you plan to purchase it).

# 94 Honome @ 08/24/16 05:18 PM
Quote:

I think he said no day 1 gameplay patch, doesn't mean no patch for players or graphics.

# 95 BL8001 @ 08/24/16 05:34 PM
twitter claims of this being final build gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VksrCE7R8Zs

Matt, have a look, it's user vs user but perhaps the non user AI players will show if the issue is still present

The move the dev does at 14:24 with neymar, what is that move? I want to know how to do that.

# 96 KG @ 08/24/16 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Seriously, this game is so close. There needs to be a transition from Attack to Defense, not just an immediate ATTACK! and then DEFEND! Watch the video for an explanation:

Matt....I know you don't like it BUT YOU HAVE to put the radar on in your positional videos. On that camera angle it's hard to see the entire pitch so you can't really tell if players are running back (I know they're not 75% of the time) to mark someone but it makes it easier to determine where players should be positionally.

As for the issue, it's a managers dream to have disciplined players who sprint back to their areas but yeah, it's not realistic. Even a walking animation would look better.

I've noticed that the end-to-end action is caused A LOT by my actions. One new stat that is really great is the "Ball Winning" stat. When playing vs Barca they will press high and try to win the ball back in your own 3rd where you're at the mercy of incredibly gifted players (physically, mentally, and with their technique). Atletico sits deeper allowing you possession but will close down in a hurry once you cross midfield.

I think at it's core it's programmed that way (like you & Royce alluded to) but tinkering with tactics (in the full game where they're turned on) and fluid formations to not make the midfield so open at times will help mitigate this issue (not fully solve it).

# 97 Matt10 @ 08/24/16 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Matt....I know you don't like it BUT YOU HAVE to put the radar on in your positional videos. On that camera angle it's hard to see the entire pitch so you can't really tell if players are running back (I know they're not 75% of the time) to mark someone but it makes it easier to determine where players should be positionally.

As for the issue, it's a managers dream to have disciplined players who sprint back to their areas but yeah, it's not realistic. Even a walking animation would look better.

I've noticed that the end-to-end action is caused A LOT by my actions. One new stat that is really great is the "Ball Winning" stat. When playing vs Barca they will press high and try to win the ball back in your own 3rd where you're at the mercy of incredibly gifted players (physically, mentally, and with their technique). Atletico sits deeper allowing you possession but will close down in a hurry once you cross midfield.

I think at it's core it's programmed that way (like you & Royce alluded to) but tinkering with tactics (in the full game where they're turned on) and fluid formations to not make the midfield so open at times will help mitigate this issue (not fully solve it).
Do you mean the radar on in the replay? Because I do play with the radar on most of the time, and in that video? Sorry, just needing clarification on what needs to be best for the next video.

I love the tactics and the depth of them. Never disagreeing with their existence, if anything I want more levels (18yd box level, def 3rd level, midfield level, opp def 3rd, opp 18yd box, 6yd box?) for mentality, however that's not realistic for this PES 2017 demo, or full version.

I just want the act of the CPU running away from loose balls to go away. I want them to be hungry for them, and the remedy, simply, is either A) introducing a transition to green (medium level) or B) Modifying the intensity/adherence of each level, thus being reflective in the animations and overall attitude.

Option A, in theory, sounds ridiculously easy - which makes it that more frustrating. Imagine having just 1 more step to reach Heaven, but it isn't built yet, so you're stuck. That's what's going to happen to PES 17 if this isn't fixed, and yes - that analogy is whack .

# 98 Matt10 @ 08/24/16 07:07 PM
Quote:
twitter claims of this being final build gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VksrCE7R8Zs

Matt, have a look, it's user vs user but perhaps the non user AI players will show if the issue is still present

The move the dev does at 14:24 with neymar, what is that move? I want to know how to do that.
It's not bad because the att/def levels stay on green . You want to have a fun match, use any team and play against Flamengo. They stay in green the majority of the time, until 75+ minute. I would love to see the other teams play on green defense.

# 99 therizing02 @ 08/24/16 09:25 PM
What settings are you guys using? I have passing at Level 1 support, Superstar, and game speed -1. Haven't won a game but I hardly feel cheated or cheesed.

Played against Barcelona as Arsenal a few times and was barely able to get a shot off playing 10min halves at Camp Nou. Felt legit though. i feel like if I had tactics available to counter the game might have played out differently.

Just curious what others are using.

# 100 Battle4MY @ 08/24/16 11:44 PM
What camera are you guys using? Dynamic wide with some custom settings is ok but I'd love the option to see the entire width of the the pitch.

Blimp is too far zoomed out and Fan Stand doesnt quite track the pace of the game correctly.

Not a huge fan of using the radar :/

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.