Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

Plenty of NBA 2K17 details have arrived, courtesy of André Voigt on Twitter, Founder and editor of FIVE , host of Got Next and author of Planet Basketball. We have translated his tweets below. (Thanks to ryback89 and everyone that assisted).
  • Shoes scaned in 3d for the first time, retro-sneakers too
  • over 300 shoes are in the game
  • in all 30 NBA Arenas they recorded the sound of the balls, fans, buzzer and more
  • Dynamic Commentary Both - eleven commentarys are in the game, they change depending on which city you play they support the main commentary duo
  • Blacktop - users can create own rules, there are specatators and player intros
  • online matchmaking can be personalised
  • MyTeam: redesigned cards, six new gem-levels, moments, historic franchise team packs, dynamic duos special bonus if you have two players that play together in reality, example Klay and Steph Curry
  • MyTeam Blacktop: Quick 3vs3 multiplayer, you can choose one MyTeam player the others are random
  • MyLeague: new menus, playoff mode (full customizatin), start today, Expansion 30-36 Teams all own jerseys, logos etc, League Expansion Draft if an expansion is chosen
  • MyLeague Online: 80 Seasons, more player development, more administration features, keeper-feature, many offseason decisions,
  • MyLeague/MyGM: start before 2016 Offseason possible, rules are dynamic (on-court rules like shotclock, trading)
  • Pick protection/swaps in trades are in the game also at cpu teams
  • Advanced Rotation: User can determine which players when in a game should be together on court
  • New Features: Jersey Retirement, Uniform Update (X-Mas etc get later in the game), Offseason trades possible, roster and draft classes are easier to edit
  • MyCareer: Wow... I'm not allowed to give you the news now. They come in a couple days.
  • Now Gameplay news - all throws (except dunks) have an own timing point for the release
  • new aim mechanic for jump throws
  • Dribble: no triggert animations user must combo the moves
  • Defense: new steal system, more user skill dependent
  • Game is faster to learn on lower levels, Coach K guides the 2KU that teaches all fundamentals
  • CPU Players bring more actions offside the ball (get free, cuts etc)
  • Physicality: Post Game completely new, contact on the zone border and at rebounds new in game, new putbacks
  • over 700 new animations at defense/offense on- and offside the ball
  • all offenses and defenses of the NBA are in the game, over 6000 adjustments, updated while the season
  • Smart Coach: Assistant gives detailed informations an coaching (example go over the block at KD)
  • 30 new freelance offenses, new team schemes, new transition offense/defense, mismatches will be recognized and will get attacked
  • individually tactics against certain players (example hard closeouts againts Curry)
  • Good coaches have better defense (awareness), user controls the help
  • ProAM: owner controls the roster of the teams, team can play without the owner, stats of the players will be saved, three team level amateur, pro and elite, there will be sponsors (VC) on the elite level
  • NBA2k17 All Star Tournament, Money Price, Allstar Tickets

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 61 jada855 @ 08/30/16 08:01 PM
Man a bullet on Year to Year saves would have broken the Internet. Just need some good body type designs for My Crested Player! I want to be in the NBA :/ Can't knock the list though my money is already spent!

# 62 ksuttonjr76 @ 08/30/16 08:04 PM
"Good coaches have better defense (awareness), user controls the help"

I'm kinda p*ssed about this one. Where was THIS when the Indiana Pacers were playing historical defense and Vogel was the coach?

That was the biggest thing about that team. Their TEAM defense was hard to replicate in the video game.

# 63 Crunky @ 08/30/16 08:08 PM
11 sideline reporters don't sound right either unless their including Shaq, Ernie and Kenny because 11 different sideline reporters I expect to see little injuries, cuts and ejections because I don't see much for sideline reporters to do except interviews.

# 64 wrestlinggod1 @ 08/30/16 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
"Good coaches have better defense (awareness), user controls the help"

I'm kinda p*ssed about this one. Where was THIS when the Indiana Pacers were playing historical defense and Vogel was the coach?

That was the biggest thing about that team. Their TEAM defense was hard to replicate in the video game.
I don't understand. Really not trying to be rude, how does that point relate to what you're p*ss*ed about?

# 65 SkillzFromThe6 @ 08/30/16 08:13 PM
Well first 2 commentary teams we've seen is:

1. Kevin Harlan, Greg Anthony, Doris Burke and David Aldridge

2. Kevin Harlan, Greg Anthony, Brent Barry and (unknown sideline)

So 9 more different combinations?

# 66 wrestlinggod1 @ 08/30/16 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillazKill
Well first 2 commentary teams we've seen is:

1. Kevin Harlan, Greg Anthony, Doris Burke and David Aldridge

2. Kevin Harlan, Greg Anthony, Brent Barry and (unknown sideline)

So 9 more different combinations?
What if they just swap out some of the already know people? For example,
KH, GA, DA and Doris for sideline
KH, GA, (unknown sideline) and Brent for sideline

# 67 Crunky @ 08/30/16 08:20 PM
Are these guys commentaters or sideline reporters anyone know.

# 68 aholbert32 @ 08/30/16 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunky
Are these guys commentaters or sideline reporters anyone know.

I've heard Fox call a game on NBATV. Sekou Smith (the black guy) does sideline reporting.

# 69 Repituar @ 08/30/16 08:23 PM
Can we PLEASE get back online quick/custom game replays, halftime, and post game reports/player of the game? They took this away like 4 or 5 years ago. Not much to ask, to have it back, when it use to be in the game. I just want the same experience, online (1 on 1) with my friends, as if we were playing at my house.

And let's not try to take any features away this year and then bring them back next year and act like they're new...those who have been around long enough know what I mean.

# 70 JAY_D1 @ 08/30/16 08:27 PM
Uniform retirements????

Such a small thing but a BIG thing, YES!

NBA Live had this in 2004 and I missed it..such a big bright spot for us MyGM users, YES!

# 71 Gramps91 @ 08/30/16 08:28 PM
It may have been explained and I'm just too stupid to comprehend it but can we start with the expansion teams and do a fantasy draft with 36 teams at the start of a MyLeague or do we have to wait a year and do an expansion draft? AND IF we have to wait a year can we switch what team we are controlling to actually take control of one of these expansion teams?

# 72 Eman5805 @ 08/30/16 08:30 PM
Quote:
in all 30 NBA Arenas they recorded the sound of the balls, fans, buzzer and more
YES!!!! That's what's daddy's talkin' about!

# 73 MarkWilliam @ 08/30/16 08:30 PM
T-Wolves are gonna be trouble (with Thibs coaching) and Rockets should be defensive TRASH with Mike D at the helm.

That's gonna be awesome.....

# 74 Vni @ 08/30/16 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5805
YES!!!! That's what's daddy's talkin' about!

Would be funny if they did all that but didn't record the rims/nets sounds though.

# 75 Crunky @ 08/30/16 08:33 PM
Uniform retirements???

Is the Jersey Retirement Ceremony Included with that.

# 76 Trackball @ 08/30/16 08:33 PM
If they have jersey/number retirements, they'd better have the ability to UNretire numbers, or play with the ability to ignore what numbers have been retired, sorta like how MyTeam is now--put the Greek Freak in a Rockets jersey and he'll still wear 34, for instance.

Look at the Celtics. Look how many numbers they've retired. It's insane--they'll run out of numbers with digits from 0-5 one day!

# 77 Eman5805 @ 08/30/16 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Would be funny if they did all that but didn't record the rims/nets sounds though.
UGH! Don't kill my vibe, man! lol

# 78 ProfessaPackMan @ 08/30/16 08:36 PM
I just hope they don't have that garbage *** "BROOOOKLYNNNNN" chant that they've had for the last few years.

# 79 MarkWilliam @ 08/30/16 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Hahaha ah man don't go there..... could TOTALLY see that being the case.

# 80 MFDOOMBOT @ 08/30/16 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I've heard Fox call a game on NBATV. Sekou Smith (the black guy) does sideline reporting.
I swear Smith looks much thinner than I thought he was.. I wonder if he was on that Gucci Mane diet

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.