Home
FIFA Soccer 12 News Post

For those of you with EA Sports Season Ticket, FIFA 12 is available now for both 360 and PS3 users.

Please post your impressions after playing the Season Ticket early release. If you would like to ask a question about the final version of FIFA 12, please use the Question & Answer thread.

Remember, this topic is for impressions of the game, not comparisons or general discussion of the FIFA series, EA Sports, or anything else. FIFA 12 impressions only, please.

Post deemed to be outside the realm of FIFA 12 impressions are subject to deletion. Thank you for your cooperation.

Game: FIFA Soccer 12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 14 - View All
FIFA Soccer 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 carnalnirvana @ 09/23/11 12:01 PM
just finished a game fulham(me) vs chelsea and i am impressed with this game.

i went straight for the sliders especially the marking slider.

am i am happy to report it works. Its not as perfect as the cpu ability to recognise/play their man but your players seem as if they know they are on the pitch now and that means they have to try.

when you switch to a player now he is somewhat in good position and more important running at top speed in the right direction when the situation calls forr it

i have also seen alot of user AI interceptions and tackles but its not perfect and i have definately seen it done better in football games

what we need now is mid fielders tracking back on D your back 4 is still too exposed to first attacks

# 2 Krebstar @ 09/23/11 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvana
just finished a game fulham(me) vs chelsea and i am impressed with this game.

i went straight for the sliders especially the marking slider.

am i am happy to report it works. Its not as perfect as the cpu ability to recognise/play their man but your players seem as if they know they are on the pitch now and that means they have to try.

when you switch to a player now he is somewhat in good position and more important running at top speed in the right direction when the situation calls forr it

i have also seen alot of user AI interceptions and tackles but its not perfect and i have definately seen it done better in football games

what we need now is mid fielders tracking back on D your back 4 is still too exposed to first attacks
If you could keep messing with sliders and seeing their effect, that would be great.

In terms of midfielders tracking back, custom tactics usually help a bit. If you look at the default ones, most midfielders are set to just normal or low for defense, unless they're a DM.

# 3 PH1LLYSFINEST13 @ 09/23/11 12:26 PM
Just got done my first game and I am really happy with this game. Obviously the sliders are going to play a key factor into making the game feel better. I really like the physics engine in place , its not perfect , but it really does a good job. Nothing to over the top that ive seen so far.

The audio seemed pretty good to me as well. The crowd was really getting into it when I finally scored a goal in my comeback attempt.

Visually the game is beautiful. Player faces and bodies and hairstyles all got touched up on and it looks great.

Gotta mess with the sliders and see what we can improve upon , but overall , very good game!

# 4 carnalnirvana @ 09/23/11 12:49 PM
the sliders are looking great there is one line length that looks like it hepls the back 4 and the mid fielders not leave acres between the two units on D..

using fulham i am making united make atleast 6-10 passes before they can sniff the box even in my half and i will say the cpu has brains and not just mindless run foward attacking it just took having real competent D for the user to force them to look for other options.

so far so good.

# 5 Tomba @ 09/23/11 01:08 PM
Seriously feels (with slider adjustments) like you're playing a real game.

The amount of animations shot variety and player likeness is staggering for well known teams.

My immediate reaction to the gameplay is the immediate reaction i had to playing Winning Eleven on Gamecube. "How did they do this?'

Without going into too much detail let's just say that gameplay wise player graphic and animation wise Fifa 12 is the PINNACLE of sports video gaming.

Initial reaction is one of wow.

# 6 Qb @ 09/23/11 01:36 PM
Fellas, please use the FIFA12 Question & Answer Thread to ask questions. I moved several over to it already, including two about fouls (hint, hint)...

EDIT: Sven, I see you posted while I was posting... the 360 ST download is available, PS3 should be up in a few hours. Back to our regularly scheduled programming.

# 7 PH1LLYSFINEST13 @ 09/23/11 01:36 PM
I would like to say I dont like how the online matches are. You dont get to see what team the other player is picking or what jersey he is wearing. I just got done playing Spain , me using Bayern Munchen , we were both wearing red jerseys...smh... and had I known he was going international I would have selected international as well.

On the flipside of that , I LOVE the fact that the games are just a tad longer , I believe last year they were 6 min halves , this year they feel more 8 or 10. Also love the fact that all the rediculous exploits from last year dont work. This guy tried dribbling sidelines and just sending up crosses. I like to work the ball and build up attacks. I ended up beating him 2-0 so that felt good to beat those type of players.

# 8 Altimus @ 09/23/11 03:42 PM
Alright, the AI plays completely different from the demo... in a good way. So far I'm loving the game. First game 10 minute halves, slow, and World Class against FC Porto.

FC Porto dominated despite me dominating the ball. I had a 65% / 35% possession difference but couldn't find the net. Plus my defense left much to be desired. I do like the new defensive system a lot. You can't run around anymore and have to pick your tackles carefully. Playing the passing lanes and shutting down certain areas of the pitch is just as important this year as locking down the defender.

For those wondering how the AI plays on offense. They play like never before. They work the ball around beautifully and Porto took several shots outside the box which a couple ended up in the back of the net.

On to more FIFA! So far...

# 9 Tomba @ 09/23/11 05:06 PM
Although gameplay and camera angles are PERFECT. There are things that are not. mainly the feeling of the game.

It doesn't "feel" like an international sport.

Soccer is an international sport. The game should feel more like your playing in Europe etc.

For example. I played a MLS match... Perfect. Then I played in Spain. felt the exact same...the game is missing immersion.

You could gig on me but why is EASports plastered everywhere on adboards? Within the Fifa football club they have Visa as a sponsor why not have Visa on adboards?

I played a couple of matches in career mode and they do not have the adboard league stuff they had in years past even. Bad stuff

The World Cup games are miles ahead of this game as far as immersion.

But gameplay? Oh man is it pretty.

hard to argue with the game engine thats at play here. this is REAL

# 10 Bama_Fan_79 @ 09/23/11 05:35 PM
does anyone know where to download in the psn store when it goes live?

# 11 Altimus @ 09/23/11 05:51 PM
AI is deadly accurate when it comes to shooting on World Class.

Sent from my HTC EVO

# 12 N51_rob @ 09/23/11 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama_Fan_79
does anyone know where to download in the psn store when it goes live?
Just search for FIFA 12. That said its not live yet.

Edit:
It is now available for DL.

Sent from RedskinNation.

# 13 Bama_Fan_79 @ 09/23/11 06:39 PM
anyone getting crazy download times for ps3? madden took about 90 minutes to download on release day, FIFA is fluctuating between 600-800 minutes.

# 14 N51_rob @ 09/23/11 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama_Fan_79
anyone getting crazy download times for ps3? madden took about 90 minutes to download on release day, FIFA is fluctuating between 600-800 minutes.
Mine was at around 400 at the start hard wired at 35 down.

Sent from RedskinNation.

# 15 cake612 @ 09/23/11 06:58 PM
I love the gameplay so far, didn't play the demo at all so I'm just coming in from last years game and there is a huge difference. As another poster said it's nice you can't sprint down the sideline and then put a perfect cross mid stride right in the box. You really have to turn towards the net first and then try to cross it which is nice. Defense definitely takes some getting used to but as long as your fairly conservative at first it's not that hard to get used to.

The online is crazy, are there seriously no ranked games where you can see what team the other player is picking. Not seeing what jersey your opponent is using is crazy how did they not account for that. Plus I like matching up the teams and knowing if we're both using 4 or 5 stars. I think it's terrible since I mainly just play online with some BAP and manager mode mixed but probably 75% of my games are online so for me this is a frustrating addition.

# 16 RMM316 @ 09/23/11 07:28 PM
I started mine around 6:10 pm and it still has 90 minutes to go around 7:27pm. There can't be THAT many people downloading it. Especially with the staggered release times for NA and Europe.

# 17 Flightwhite24 @ 09/23/11 07:30 PM
As a person who really just started following soccer last year and getting Fifa 11 for my 1st soccer title, I gotta say I'm in love with this game. I'm not your typical soccer guru so it doesn't take much for me to enjoy this game.

Graphics are insane as expected, gameplay is smoother to me than last year. Overall this game is a winner in my book.

Gonna follow the threads a little more to get more info on how the weekly roster thingy/leagues work. Any info is appreciated.

Madden 12, Ncaa 12, TW12 The Masters, Gears of War 3 and now this Fifa 12??? Next week NBA2K12 and BF3 soon to follow. My gaming year is set. Helluva year to be a gamer. This "CUSSWORD" never gets old.

# 18 RoyceDa59 @ 09/23/11 07:30 PM
Mine finished downloading on the PS3, gonna play some games soon.

# 19 PeruvianPlaya954 @ 09/23/11 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
Since you played the other game's demo and enjoyed it like me, I'm REALLY looking forward to your impressions more than most. Let me know what you think.

# 20 KG @ 09/23/11 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
I'm interested to hear your take.

No pressure or anything

« Previous1234567891415Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.