Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

Could we see Madden NFL 13 CCM roster editing in the near future? According to Ripten, Josh Looman and the Madden team have a "shocking" announcement coming sometime tonight or tomorrow.

If it's not CCM roster editing, what else could it be?

Quote:
While he wouldn’t be specific in terms of what the suprise announcement was, he stated that the Connected Careers team has been working very hard and has a “shock” worthy reveal up their sleave that they plan to announce either tonight or tomorrow. And this isn’t something we’ll have to wait months to get our hands on either. Josh quickly added that they hope to have it in the game within a weeks time from the announcement.

I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that whatever they are working on is much more than a mere roster update. Josh stated that he initially wasn’t sure if this would be something they would be able to get done in time, but thanks to the dilligent effort of he and his team, it became clear that the feature was on track to becoming possible sooner rather than later.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 T5063 @ 09/13/12 03:53 PM
I just hope the player info card is accessible in CCM form any roster menu

# 82 ggsimmonds @ 09/13/12 03:55 PM
Most seem to think that it is some kind of fix or patch but I don't think it is. Those things must go through MS/Sony and I just don't see EA committing to any timeline. Hell with this basic patch EA was quiet until immediately before it was available.

I think it is a new feature like free DLC. Something that they originally wanted in next year but managed to get it in now.
Fantasy draft seems like the obvious choice or possibly player editing (though I'm skeptical on that)

But something that is shocking is unexpected so...franchise relocation maybe? Create a play? The return of vision cone! That's it. In an effort to appease the so called "hardcore sim players" they are bringing back the vision cone.

# 83 statum71 @ 09/13/12 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarantism
32 team control would kill several birds with one stone, more than player editing would honestly. Think of all of the problems that could be fixed with 32 team control...not least of which would be game plans. Trying not to get my hopes up, though.

That being said I will proceed to get my hopes up that we get 32 team control next week and then player editing next patch...
I want 32-team control just as much or more than anybody. Its how I play my seasons.

But 32 team control without player editing would defeat the whole purpose.

# 84 engrishbwudd @ 09/13/12 03:56 PM
Depends on which crowd the "shocking" news is geared toward. I'm hoping for CPU A.I improvements and the ability to edit playbooks in ccm - but that wouldn't appeal much to casual gamers who don't see pass-first teams running the ball 90% of the game as a problem. Still, it's pretty cool that they saw an issue and are addressing it so early, whatever it may be.

# 85 statum71 @ 09/13/12 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Most seem to think that it is some kind of fix or patch but I don't think it is. Those things must go through MS/Sony and I just don't see EA committing to any timeline. Hell with this basic patch EA was quiet until immediately before it was available.

I think it is a new feature like free DLC. Something that they originally wanted in next year but managed to get it in now.
Fantasy draft seems like the obvious choice or possibly player editing (though I'm skeptical on that)

But something that is shocking is unexpected so...franchise relocation maybe? Create a play? The return of vision cone! That's it. In an effort to appease the so called "hardcore sim players" they are bringing back the vision cone.
Actually, no. It was announced long before the game even released that the first patch would be Sept. 11th.

As for the fantasy draft prediction???? I certainly hope its a lot bigger announcement than THAT!!

# 86 ggsimmonds @ 09/13/12 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by statum71
Actually, no. It was announced long before the game even released that the first patch would be Sept. 11th.

As for the fantasy draft prediction???? I certainly hope its a lot bigger announcement than THAT!!
I meant what the patch would address. They did not offer details until immediately prior to its release.

# 87 JayD @ 09/13/12 04:12 PM
hopefully it's windsocks for the goal posts

# 88 steamboat @ 09/13/12 04:12 PM
Quote:
I meant what the patch would address. They did not offer details until immediately prior to its release.
They did not confirm the date for the patch until the same time they gave us the general details. They kept saying "9/11 is not a confirmed date"

# 89 reMicXz @ 09/13/12 04:13 PM
lol maybe they'll actually include celebrations that were promised. Tired of scoring TDs with Victor Cruz AND NOT GETTING MY SALSA. i got all these nachos and no salsa...nah in all honesty i hope its something nice and relevant

# 90 ggsimmonds @ 09/13/12 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steamboat
They did not confirm the date for the patch until the same time they gave us the general details. They kept saying "9/11 is not a confirmed date"
I know that. what I meant is that they did not tell us what the patch would fix until the patch was released.

If this announcement is some kind of fix like a patch why would they now announce the details a week in advance? Why wait for the second patch to clear verification but give details this early for this patch? It does not make sense.

I think it is some kind of added content like a free DLC.

# 91 TMJOHNS18 @ 09/13/12 04:17 PM
I'm secretly hoping it's for Offline specific stuff and not much Online CCM. Been waiting on these damn CCM week 1 rosters to start our OF, tired of waiting to get this **** rolling.

BUT, if its stuff that can be tuned into current CCMs than it's fine. Stuff like changing #'s, positions (kinda like in HC where you could change a LB to either of the 3 spots), something that doesn't require actually access the player edit screen.

# 92 mestevo @ 09/13/12 04:18 PM
Quote:
Because of the certification process maybe they could introduce editing this year via the CCM website, and patch the game to be able retrieve rosters.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

# 93 mavfan21 @ 09/13/12 04:24 PM
I know it:

Dan Stevens and Peter O'Keefe are being brought in to do the play-by-play and color commentary!

# 94 Airdrop01 @ 09/13/12 04:29 PM
If it is CCM roster/player editing, I will be back on the train and willing to happily go with the reboot year!

# 95 oneamongthefence @ 09/13/12 04:29 PM
I'm just crossing my fingers its some offline fixes. I don't think EA would do back to back patches though...

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

# 96 ggsimmonds @ 09/13/12 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Because of the certification process maybe they could introduce editing this year via the CCM website, and patch the game to be able retrieve rosters.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Don't really know. I personally doubt this announcement involves player editing (though that is my hope)
I think player editing will be in with the next patch. Correcting the AI is a patchable issue. I don't think EA would make an announcement that is along the lines of "guess what?! We fixed the game and now it plays like it should."

But we haven't heard anything from EA directly (afaik not even verification that there is an upcoming announcement) we just got this info from a site that I have never even heard of. Hell for all we know it could be pink gear for breast cancer awareness month.
It is conceivable that the CC website could allow for editing of rosters and on the console it just pulls that data, but that would not go over well with the offline crowd and I don't think EA would risk angering them any further.

# 97 SloeyEZ @ 09/13/12 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
I'm just crossing my fingers its some offline fixes. I don't think EA would do back to back patches though...

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2
soooo, you're saying back to back patches would be shocking ?

# 98 Feros @ 09/13/12 04:54 PM
This would be awesome!!!! Totally agree!
BigFan said:My third and final guess would be the in-game ticker like in NCAA 13, now that would be welcome news, in spite of all the other issues, imo.

Along with: Uptaed ai, and a coach mode where you dont have to control the kicker, etc.

# 99 StanleyStutters @ 09/13/12 05:02 PM
I'd love to see couch co-op and player editing added to CCM, but I'm not getting my hopes up. 2K Sports teased a huge announcement for over a month and it ended up being a partnership with Jay-Z. I think we'll see something that's more related to gameplay from EA, but I'm not getting excited until we know what it is.

# 100 tarantism @ 09/13/12 05:02 PM
I think that the people who want player editing will be let down when they get it but the CPU is still running the ball 85% of the time because the CPU game plans are still terrible. We need to be able to use custom game plans for the CPU and have 32 team control to fix the CPU roster issues and depth chart issues, otherwise the game remains unplayable.

I can stand seeing multiple players with the same number, can't stand seeing the CPU starting their tackles flip-flopped, everybody running an antiquated one back scheme, horrible situational playcalling and the Packers, etc. playing like conservative power rushing teams.

Just my opinion.

Edit: Just to be clear, I want BOTH in the game...I am just speaking about my opinion of the priority.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.