Home

The All-Underused Team

This is a discussion on The All-Underused Team within the APF 2K Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K > APF 2K Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2007, 02:08 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: The All-Underused Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I agree with you about Simms. Someone online used him against me the other night and tore me a new one. He's very fluid and really seems to have an extra gear. With a couple of blocks, he was gone. I was pretty surprised because I never saw him play IRL, and not many people use him online.

I couldn't get rolloing with OJ, but I tried him when I first got the game, so it may be different now.
I am a lifelong Lions fans......Billy was special, he had that extra gear and he had that scissors kick a'la Payton and could change speeds to throw off defenders......Billy was in a the age when a completely tore ACL was a career ending injury....Thats what happened to him - a promising HOF possible career cut short by a devastating injury....
Old 08-27-2007, 02:10 PM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepychicken
Best all around defender in the game for me is Chuck Bednarik. Never see him except on my teams, and on the teams of my friends that I play regularly. They've become converts. He can literally do anything and I think people pass over him b/c he lacks any of the sexy attributes.
I love Bednarik and I would love to see him able to play center as well....

I use a combo of Dave Wilcox & Derrick Thomas - but I have no doubt that Bednarik & Lloyd would be just as effective....
Old 08-27-2007, 02:54 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by chestnutz6
Lenny Moore is definately one. He can catch the ball and is very fast. You can also put him in at RB (since he did play that with the Colts) and if you have a couple legend OL he can be deadly.
I've heard someone else mention Lenny Moore--maybe it was you in another thread. I'll have to give him a shot. I didn't know he played RB as well, so thanks for the info!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2007, 01:55 PM   #12
MVP

chestnutz6's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I've heard someone else mention Lenny Moore--maybe it was you in another thread. I'll have to give him a shot. I didn't know he played RB as well, so thanks for the info!
Someone mentioned him in this thread I think...

As a big Balt Colts fan I know some things about Lenny Moore. He wasn't a full time HB, but he played like half the downs and Alan Ameche got some carries too. Moore was more of a slot receiver-flex HB.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:24 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chestnutz6
Someone mentioned him in this thread I think...

As a big Balt Colts fan I know some things about Lenny Moore. He wasn't a full time HB, but he played like half the downs and Alan Ameche got some carries too. Moore was more of a slot receiver-flex HB.
Yeah, but thats cool. You can get another HB and WR and Moore can go between HB and WR in certain sets.....I love that stuff but its cheese according to the 2k boards...
Old 08-28-2007, 06:19 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

If they did it in real life, it's not cheese. I think more players should have the multi-positional versatility that they had in their playing careers. Lott, for example, made the Pro Bowl at CB, FS, and I think SS when he was with the Raiders. And Woodson of course made the Pro Bowl at CB and FS. I'd split Meggett, Bienemy, Allen, Thurmal, and Craid out wide, at least a few times a game, and I can't believe that doing that would count as cheese. I don't read the 2k boards anyways.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:00 PM   #15
Pro

MikeRo72's Arena

OVR: 6

Bz RB Natrone Means is as good as gold and Icky Woods is a fantastic silver at FB/HB. Ken Obrien is also a very reliable QB.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2007, 07:52 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Means is nice, and he can catch a bit. I haven't tried Woods or O'Brien. Does Woods do okay in blitz pickup? I typically look for that in a FB, just because I typically don't go legend-heavy on the o-line. How does O'Brien play?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K > APF 2K Rosters »