Home

"Dragon Breath" A UAB Dynasty (NCAA12)

This is a discussion on "Dragon Breath" A UAB Dynasty (NCAA12) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2011, 11:23 PM   #137
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: "Dragon Breath" A UAB Dynasty (NCAA12)

clutch win over Auburn man, that was huge!! And nice way to follow it up with a win over Troy. This could be a special season for sure.

BTW, something has been missing from my dynasty lately. Oh yeah, your presence!!!! How come you haven't been by to bless my thread lately, sucka? haha jp bro. How's arena going?? I just watched the Arena championship game on NFL network, that game was INTENSE!

Old 08-08-2011, 11:58 PM   #138
MVP

OVR: 10

Photobucket

HOSTED BY: ERIK KUSELIAS
wk3

We're back at it again, this time to recap week 3 and preview week 4 for the 2012 college football season. Im Eric Kuselias. Lets get to the Headlines.

THIS ONE STINGS:
  • MIAMI (OH) GIVES BOISE THEIR FIRST HOME LOSS IN 68 GAMES WINNING 50-31
  • USF STILL HUNGOVER FROM WIN OVER FLORIDA STATES LET'S#15 UTAH SPOIL THEIR HOME OPENER 35-17
  • MICHIGAN CANT HANG ON LOSE LATE TO IRISH 21-17
  • GEORGIA TAKES #2 SOUTH CAROLINA TO OT, BUT LOSE 42-35
Photobucket

END OF A DYNASTY?

Boise State has now loss back to back games. Nevada a respectable loss being the Wolfpack beat them two seasons ago. But a loss to an over Achieving Miami (OH) team who because of the loss is now ranked #22. Has Bronco nation in disgust. To top iot off the loss snaps a 68 game home winning streak and spoinls Boise's home opener. But its not the loss that hurts, its the way Boise loss giving up big plays for scores (97, 72,30, 32) yards and Boise can only hope this doesn't hurt recruiting and look forward to next season.

TOP 25
  1. ALABAMA
  2. SOUTH CAROLINA
  3. OREGON
  4. OHIO STATE
  5. TEXAS A&M
  6. LSU
  7. PENN STATE
  8. NOTRE DAME
  9. OKLAHOMA
  10. TCU
  11. MIAMI
  12. VIRGINIA TECH
  13. USC
  14. NEBRASKA
  15. UTAH
  16. NEVADA
  17. NORTH CAROLINA
  18. AUBURN
  19. UAB
  20. IOWA
  21. ARKANSAS
  22. MIAMI (OH)
  23. TEXAS
  24. BOISE STATE
  25. WISCONSIN

This weeks National Players of the week are Miami (OH) quarterback Paul Rutledge and for the second time Keith Pope of Maryland on defense. Rutledge only 6-19 passing but threw for 113 yards and had a total of 5 touchdowns that include touchdown runs of 97 and 72 yards in a historic upset over Boise State.
Pope continues to add to his stellar early season with 14 tackles a frced fumble and 2 sacks in Maryland's win over Florida State.

A few big top 25 games this week, here they are:
#14 Nebraska at #17 North Carolina
2-0 Baylor at #23 Texas
Ohio at #22 Miami (OH)
#16 Nevada at San Diego State
Georgia at #19 UAB

We'll recap this weekend games as well as give you all the hot news of the college football world. Im Eric Kuselias, good night.

Old 08-09-2011, 12:02 AM   #139
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
clutch win over Auburn man, that was huge!! And nice way to follow it up with a win over Troy. This could be a special season for sure.

BTW, something has been missing from my dynasty lately. Oh yeah, your presence!!!! How come you haven't been by to bless my thread lately, sucka? haha jp bro. How's arena going?? I just watched the Arena championship game on NFL network, that game was INTENSE!
My bad I just havent left a comment, im definitely follwing and reading up on iot every time im on... lol
Yea arena is a fun game the championship game is next week those were the conference championships... My goal is to get back to that level, I was in the IFL the last two season sharpening my skills, got a lot of interest to workout so we'll where next season takes me for the AFL....
Old 08-09-2011, 12:23 PM   #140
MVP

JLWebb's Arena

OVR: 13

UAB is climbing the polls...
Old 08-10-2011, 08:56 PM   #141
MVP

BLAZER WEEKLY

BLUEPRINT?

(#30 NATE DAVIS ATTEMPTS TO BREAK UP A PASS AGAINST TROY)

Troy just may have gave the nation a blueprint to try and beat the Blazers. Pass at #30 Nate Davis. Davis routinely gave up passes. But he still has the confidence of his head coach Travis Rhatigan.
"He had a tough game, but in the end we won, he'll correct his mistakes this week at practice and get ready for another tough assignment against Georgia."
Davis had problems holding one of the nations top receivers in Jarvis Green. Green, who had over 200 yards last week racked up 147 yards and a score this week. Tho he didnt give up the score to green he did give up big first downs.
"Im a aggressive corner, I jumped a lot of stuff and just missed some balls, I'm fine, I just have to play faster"
If last week was tough he'll have to try and handle one of two good receivers from Georgia this weekend. Josh Singleton a 6'5 senior who leads the team with 191 yards and 3 touchdowns in two games. But it looks like Love may draw that match-up with his stellar game against Troy. The other receiver Nic Gray the speed demon is averaging 18 yards a catch and will be quite the match up for Davis. Being a physical corner Davis will need to be smart this week.

"THEY SAID IT"
"IT FELT GOOD HITTING MOORE, HE WAS SO COCKY ON THE FIELD"
MIDDLE LINEBACKER TOM SLAUGHTER

"WHEN THEY GOT WITHIN 3 POINTS, I TOLD OUR GUYS LOOKS LIKE WE'RE IN FOR A FIGHT"
HEAD COACH TRAVIS RHATIGAN

"WHEN I HEARD THE ROAR OF THE CROWD, I STOOD UP ON THE BENCH AND SAW SCOTT JETTING DOWN THE FIELD, WAS A AWESOME FEELING"
STRONG SAFETY EUGENE JACKSON

"THAT SAFETY WAS HUGE, DEFINITELY GAVE US SOME OF THE MOMENTUM TO START THAT RUN."
DEFENSIVE END JERRY BOWSER

Head coach Travis Rhatigan met with the Media Monday to discuss last week's game as well as the big match up with Georgia.

Opening statement: It was a great Saturday for us and the fans in the stadium were phenomenal. They came out and greeted the team and they were actually standing out in the ropes, because there wasn't enough room for them coming into the stadium. I thought the fans made a huge difference in just setting the scene for the game. It was by far the loudest I've ever heard our fans. The players were talking about it in the dressing room after the game, and they were even talking about it yesterday and how much fun it was. We'll need that same thing at 2:30 on Saturday this week.
It was a good win for us and we're learning so much about this team and these kids. James Moses said after the game that you don't get any prizes for being 2-0, and being rated right now is a reward, but it really means nothing unless you finish. So, we've got to refocus and go back to work. Quarterback Wayne Smith said about the same thing - that ranking gives you nothing and you have to prove who you are and continue to do so. The guys were talking about Oklahoma State in the dressing room after the game, and I thought that was a great start to the new week, because you don't get to enjoy these wins for very long at this point in the season. You can enjoy them after the season is over, but not during the season. We do feel like that right now, our theme for the year, "consistently good to be great," is more valid than ever, because we have to continue to be consistently good. We're playing at a high level, but we're not a great team yet. We've got to be a great team for 60 minutes. It sure in our defensive backfield, Moore was a helluva quarterback and that Green Kid is a damn good athlete and they kinda exposed us so its a big work week coming up, but enough with last week. Its time to Focus and prepare for Georgia.

On preparing the team again for another tough match up: You can't use the same thing twice. What you're trying to do is keep them loose and let them get a message. That message is that you need to forget everything that has happened, reinforce the positives and correct the negatives. The good thing is that we didn't play as well in the third quarter on Saturday night and we had a great first half. So, there are a lot of things we can coach and work really hard on. What we'll do is come up with two or three little things that are fun for them, just to make the moment a little lighter. The rest of the group can enjoy Auburn and Troy, but what we've got is a bigger goal right now, and that is Georgia.

On Georgia's ability to move the ball on offense: Georgia is one of the most talented team on offense in the country (A+). In fact, they showed that in a overtime loss to the #2 team in nation last week. They've been very physical and they have a great offensive line. Lionel Hood is another one of those quarterbacks that is very efficient in the passing game, and he's an outstanding runner. Mark Richt has taken over the offense and he is their offensive coordinator. They are doing a lot of different stuff and they have used a lot of different formations. Our defense will have to be very physical this week. With that said I hope you all have a great week it's almost time for practice it's time to go to work.

Photobucket

Time: 12:00pm
TV: ESPN
Site: Legion Field

Matchup Preview | September 15, 2012
@
Georgia Bulldogs
(1-1, Away)
#19 UAB Blazers
(2-0, Home)
Injury Report
RT S. Rodgers
4wks

Game Notes
Georgia enters this game with a whole new outlook on the season having taken #2 South Carolina to the wire last week. Running Back Barret Davis rushed for 121 yards and three scores and if not for a fumble in the final minutes of the game that saw South Carolina get the ball and tie it up, Georgia could be ranked and 2-0. Georgia has some fire power on offense, Receivers Nic Gray and Josh Singleton help take pressure off Davis and the running game. Quarterback Lionel Hood will be licking his chops as he faces a pass defense who gave up over 400 yards passing a week ago. Defensively for Georgia This unit is very active, upfront led by big pile mover at DT Will Livingston (6'6, 329) Livingston will be key in stopping this good UAB run game. #45 OLB Tyrone Williams perhaps had the quote of the week when he garunteed a victory at Legion field saying. " Those guys dont belong on the same field as us, we'll show the country how lucky theyve been."

UAB is ranked #19 and 2-0. With an estimated 60,000+ coming to the game the Blazers should be ready to go. Undefeated at Legion Field since Travis Rhatigan's arrival the Blazers are a tough team to play. Matthew Scott leads this offensive rush attack having rushed for over 125 yards in both games. He can break one any moment but against a fast Georgia defense he may not get that chance. Itll be up to Wayne SMith and company to get it going. Smith is playing good ball right now and will look to Wilson, Rawls and Moses to help march on this Georgia defense. Defensively Slaughter leads this unit with 4.0 sacks. They will need to get ample pressure on Hood if they have a chance to win. The secondary right now needs a big game and this could be their chance to show the country that this unit can play.

Prediction: Georgia is a great challenge for # 19 UAB, Speed Speed Speed is the name of the game in this one and Georgia has a lot of it, but being at home led by a great front 7, I think UAB comes out of this alive. 24-17

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2011, 10:34 PM   #142
MVP

waytofailself's Arena

OVR: 3

Just read through the whole thing. This dynasty is fantastic!
Old 08-10-2011, 11:16 PM   #143
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

awesome re-cap/preview for the Georgia game, that Will Livingston kid is MASSIVE. This should be a helluva game, hopefully you guys can shut down your 2nd SEC opponent.

Old 08-12-2011, 05:53 PM   #144
MVP

THE CAMPUS GAZETTE
UAB UNIVERSITY NEWSPAPER

BLAZERS EARN ANOTHER
DEFENSE STEPS UP BIG IN 42-23 VICTORY OVER UGA

(WAYNE SMITH CELEBRATES THE WIN AS A GEORGIA DEFENDER LOOKS ON)

BIRMINGHAM, AL--- Not a driving rain nor a injury to starting tailback Matthew Scott who missed the whole first half could stop the Blazers from winning. In fact a secondary who got ripped in the media this week overshadowed a great Wayne Smith performance as they stole the show grabbing five interceptions and held Georgia (1-2) to just 9-25 passing in a dominating win Saturday afternoon.
"Boy they came to play today. These guys had a chip on their shoulder and proved a point." Head coach Travis Rhatigan said in the post game press conference.

In a game that meant a lot for these two programs as far as national recognition UAB (3-0) passed the challenge and Georgia failed miserably.
"I believe we needed to show the country that despite what they think, we're a good football team" Tom Slaughter said.
Slaughter started the game off with a huge hit on tailback Barret Davis, in fact in a sense was the game changing play. On the play Davis tried to hurdle Slaughter who flipped him causing Davis to land on his head. A very Quiet 54,000 on hand watched as medical staff came on the field to a unresponsive Davis. A few moments later he was carter off, the diagnosis was a concussion.
--
(THIS HIT BY #43 TOM SLAUGHTER KNOCKED BARRET DAVIS OUT OF THE GAME WITH A CONCUSSION)

As well as the UAB defense played, Wayne Smith needed only to be efficient for the Blazers to dominate. Mark Parrish and Nate Davis both grabbed two interceptions a piece, and Ian Wilson had two short TD catches as the No. 19 Blazers routed Georgia 42-23 on Saturday afternoon.
Smith passed for 279 yards and threw four touchdown passes, and the Blazers avoided the critical media pounding on their secondary a week ago.

"That was a bad feeling, and I think (Travis Rhatigan) kind of put it on the seniors' shoulders and said, `Hey, this is your team. You control your destiny," Corner Nate Davis said.
"`Don't let it happen again."'
A week after giving up over 400 yards passing, the Blazers gave up just 168 yards of total offense to the bulldogs.
Mark Parrish and Nate Davis were the ones picked on last week, against Georgia, they both came up with picks.

--
(#20 PARRISH AND #30 DAVIS BOTH GRABBED TWO INTERCEPTION)

"
At a young age playing defensive back your always told to have a short memory and go after the next one," Nate Davis said.
"I know what I can do, yea I read the articles and heard the media but I made sure I didnt let my team down today."
UAB (3-0) came in with the nation's toughest defense against the run, then played havoc with Lionel Hood and the Georgia Bulldogs (1-2) passing attack. Hood came in licking his chops on what was supposed to be a bad secondary, but threw a career-high four picks against the Blazers .

UAB scored 28 points off of Georgia's five turnovers.
"
We want to be the best team in the country, and we want to continue to play like that," Head Coach Travis Rhatigan said.
That left Smith, needing to do nothing spectacular in front of a Legion Stadium crowd of 54,516.
He had a 41-yard touchdown pass to Ralph Rawls, he then threw a 36 yard scoring strike to Ian Wilson. A minor mistake in the red zone saw him throw a interception, but two plays later Parrish jumped a quick hitch to intercept Hood's pass and waltz in from 12 yards untouched into the end zone for a 36-16 lead in the third quarter.

(RAWLS GRABBED TWO SCORES FROM SMITH, INCLUDING THIS 41 YARDER)

Earlier, Parrish intercepted a pass intended for the 6'5 Singleton winning the jump ball and setting up a Smith to Ralws 24 yard scoring play. Defensive end Jerry Bowser toppled Hood on the play forcing the under thrown ball.

The Blazers, now have back to back weeks with a defensive touchdown.
"
I think that makes you an unusual team. When you can create turnovers as well as score on the defensive side it changes the whole game, almost in a special teams manor," Travis Rhatigan said of the unconventional scores. "Our offense is getting better, our defense is continuing to score and gel."
Hood exceeded his interception total from the first two games of the season and doubled the amount he'd ever had in a single game. He finished 9 for 25 for 147 yards and one touchdown, a meaningless 3-yard toss to Josh Singleton after the Blazers already had a 42-16 advantage woth 23 seconds left in the game. He was also pressured all afternoon and sacked six times.

--
(HOOD WAS PRESSURED ALL AFTERNOON GETTING SACKED 6 TIMES)

"
I think that's the best defense I've faced probably in my career," Hood said. "They have a lot of speed and they just made some plays."
The blowout was a rarity.The rain soaked day made it ideal for two top running backs to put on a show but injuries changed that.

"
Davis, injury definitely hurt us" UGA coach Richt said."We could establish any run so they were waiting on the pass and sent the line in with their ears pinned back."
Georgia was in a gambling mood early on, going for it on fourth down twice in the first half and converting once. But the Bulldogs ended up with little to show for it. Nic Grey, dropped a potential touchdown pass on Georgia's failed fourth-down try.
Matthew Scott came back from injury in the second half racking up 69 yards on 11 attempts.

"
When you turn the ball over and make that many mistakes against a team that has got that much ability, it's very difficult to win the game," UGA coach Mark Richt said.
Next up for Georgia is a home match against 2-0 Ole Miss while UAB travels to Blacksburg to face the 3-0 Hokies who are #12 in the nation.

BOX SCORE

Georgia (1-2) at UAB (3-0)
Sep 15, 20121234F
Georgia3310723
#19 UAB71414742
Top Performers
Georgia
J. Singleton 329 all purpose 2 total touchdowns

UAB
W. Smith 11-23, 279 yds 4 td 2 int
M. Parrish 9 tck 2 int, N. Davis 4 tck 2 int
Team Stats Comparison

UGAUAB
First Downs813
3rd Down Efficiency6-153-8
4th Down Efficiency1-20-0
Total Yards168386
Passing Yards147279
Rushing Yards21107
Penalties-Penalty Yards2-151-10
Turnovers52
Time of Possession13:5014:10

Last edited by gorillapittpray; 12-02-2011 at 11:22 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »