Home

"Dragon Breath" A UAB Dynasty (NCAA12)

This is a discussion on "Dragon Breath" A UAB Dynasty (NCAA12) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2011, 10:21 PM   #161
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: "Dragon Breath" A UAB Dynasty (NCAA12)

Photobucket

HOSTED BY: ERIK KUSELIAS
wk6

As we start this show off, we want to bring you some more news we reported a few weeks back, Texas A&M is on the verge of moving into the SEC. A press Conference is scheduled for Monday and we'll have you up to date as soon as that comes out.
Now for week 6 news. A weekend that didnt disappoint showed teams trying to establish themselves as the BCS nears. Here are the headlines for week 6.

FIGHT IT OUT!!!
  • RAZORBACKS TRIUMPH OVER #4 TEXAS A&M 27-7
  • AUBURN RUINS NORTH CAROLINA'S HOME COMING 31-10
  • HOKIES DO THE POKIE ON THE CANES WIN 51-27
  • SOUTH CAROLINA SURVIVES MISSISSIPPI STATE 28-21
  • UTAH BLOWS OUT TROJANS IN THE COLISEUM 37-3
This week's national players of the week honors go to Penn States quarterback Sean Shaffer and Houston's Senior linebacker Nelson Terry. Shaffer threw for a school record 8 touchdowns on 19 of 22 passing in a wild win over Indiana. Terry registered 16 tackles and three sacks in Houston's win over Rice. Congrats to them.

The top 25 had some movement this week, Iowa jumped from 17th to 10th while the nations sweethearts Utah and Arkansas moved to #4 and #8. Here is the top 25 heading into week 7.
  1. South Carolina
  2. Oregon
  3. LSU
  4. Utah
  5. TCU
  6. Oklahoma
  7. Alabama
  8. Arkansas
  9. Texas A&M
  10. Iowa
  11. UAB
  12. Penn State
  13. Nevada
  14. Wisconsin
  15. Virginia Tech
  16. Miami
  17. USC
  18. Ohio State
  19. Auburn
  20. North Carolina
  21. Oklahoma State
  22. Boise State
  23. Georgia Tech
  24. Baylor
  25. Notre Dame

Photobucket
Week 7 brings us another big week of football games, and for the third consecutive week Arkansas finds themselves in another tough one. After taking out Bama and A&M in consecutive weeks at home the #8 Razorbacks will travel to Jordan Hare to take on the War Eagles from Auburn. Auburn is only 1-2 at home this season, but a huge road victory over #20 North Carolina may give the enough momentum to knockoff the hot Razorbacks, should be a good one. Here are other top 25 action this weekend.

#18 Ohio State (2-1) at #12 Penn State (4-1)
#2 Oregon (5-0) at #17 USC (4-1)
#5 TCU (5-0) at West Virginia (3-1)
#4 Utah (4-0) at UCLA (3-1)

Thats all for this weeks show, we'll see you hopefully with more news from Texas A&M as well as next weeks top stories. Good Night.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2011, 03:38 AM   #162
Pro

OVR: 0

Love this dynasty! I have somewhat of an interest in UAB anyway, being a patient there, and having made friends with a couple of med students and staff. So, they're one of my dynasty teams, and you are kicking butt and taking names so far. Love it!
Old 08-15-2011, 09:59 PM   #163
MVP

BLAZER WEEKLY

SENIOR LEADERSHIP LEADING BLAZERS

Tom Slaughter and Wayne Smith are providing the type of leadership every coach Loves. Whether its voacally (Slaughter) or by example (Smith) there is no shortage on this team.
"(Laughing) Slaughter is definitely the teams best trash talker, he'll make you hate anything after his pre game speeches"
QB Wayne Smith
"Yea Wayne is more laid back and calm, its irritating sometimes lol"
MLB Tom Slaughter
Both players leadership was on the line during a crucial moment in the last game vs UCF. UAB faced a 4th and one. The players were waved to come off the field and punt but Wayne Smith kept the guys on the field resulting in head coach Travis Rhatigan calling a timeout.
"I was thinking what the hell is he doing, then Slaughter comes over and whispers in my ear, if you trust him go for it."
HC Travis Rhatigan
Its said that Wayne Smith along with the offensive line told Rhatigan they were going for it. If they missed it UCF would get the ball at the 29 yard line down a score.
"Wayne came into the huddle and told us, its now or never its one yard, lets get er done, Power left 33 lead G, and thats all she wrote."
RB Matthew Scott
UAB not only got the first down but got 15 yards on the play and eventually score on the drive. An example of trusting your leaders has paid off so far in the Blazers 5-0 start.

RECRUITING UPDATE

Four recruits are expected to be on campus this weekend on official visits. Cornerback Jonathon Ryan, Defensive Tackle Jon Berg, Offensive Tackle Sam Thomas and Outside Linebacker Mark Bozemen will be at this weekends ECU game as well. All three athletes currently are down to three also they all have UAB currently at #2. Coach Travis Rhatigan had this to say: " We're looking forward to these young men coming up this weekend and plan for a very good inorfmative visit for them and their families. Individually they're great talents and we would love to have them on board. Hopefully they have a good time and after we hope for them to become a Blazer."

Head Coach Travis Rhatigan met with the media on Tuesday to discuss Last week's win and a look ahead to this week's game against ECU

Opening Statement: After reviewing film, I was pleased with our effort, just not satisfied with the let downs, we gave their runningback 140 yards on two plays, not acceptable for us. The weather had a major impact but like I said I was pleased with our effort.
Coming into the season our secondary was our weak point, but as of late these guys are back their making plays, to hold their star receiver Preston Copeland to just three catches is great. Defensive Tackle Brandon Richardson is starting to take advantage of one on one opportunities and it's good to see true Freshmen McCollum flying around, I beleive we had 9 sacks. I was definitely pleased with our play on offense. After a tough outing against Virginia Tech Wayne Smith came to play, very efficient and made great reads didnt force anything, he's having a good year for us. Very proud of the 4th and one we converted, I see its all over the media and respectfully so, our offensive line is playing lights out right now and Scott is taking advantage of some huge wholes for us. We have a few things to work on but all in all a very good win on the road for us.

ECU is 2-2 and 1-0 in the conference just like us, so that makes this a big game for us. If you remember last year it took us to the last few seconds to beat these guys, so we're not over looking them. their two losses are to #1 South Carolina and a 35-30 loss to a good Virginia Tech team so ECU has been in some big games this year. I think there lack of running game is hurting them but quarterback Jonothan Vaughn is helping them forget with his stellar play at quarterback. We'll have to prepare and condition for their no huddle attack and not get caught slipping. Their defense is good, a very good run stopping defense so we'll work on different blocking schemes and what not for their attack as the week goes on. All in all its a big game for us we're both 1-0 in conference play and still control our destinies. Its a home game, I expect it to be loud and rowdy and hopefully that gives us another edge.

Photobucket
Matchup Preview | October 6, 2012
@
East Carolina Pirates
(2-2, Away)
#11 UAB Blazers
(5-0, Home)
Injury Report
Rt J. Robinson
1wk

MLB L. Mansfield
4wk

WR P. Dortch
9wk

Game Notes
If history serves right, ECU should have a nasty taste in their mouth. After coming back to take the lead against UAB last season, UAB drove right down the field for the win, but if you remember ECU had one last chance and was stopped in the red zone to lose a thriller to UAB last season. This season its a different team and different circumstances, at 2-2 ECU is dealing with key injuries and two tough losses to top opponents, nevertheless they are on a two game win streak. Quarterback Jonathon Vaughn leads the conference in pass yards (1,339) and touchdowns (15) so consider this a dual between the conference top two quarterbacks, with no running game what so ever he will have to try and command his team through the nations stingiest defense as far as takeaways and will be without leading receiver Phillip Dortch who is out for at least 9 weeks, 6'8 receiver Andy Castillo will look to be the go to man as well as reliable tight end Shane Brown who leads the team with 332 yards receiving.

UAB comes in with the conference top offense 39.4 points per game and 400 yards of offense per game. Quarterback Wayne Smith seems to be in rhythm and is right behind Vaughn in the conference with 14 touchdown passes and six interceptions. What may set UAB apart is this powerful run game with Matthew Scott. Scott is averaging a NCAA best 147.7 yards a game. If thats not working UAB can pass Ian Wilson ranks in the top five and receivers Ralph Rawls and James Moses are not far behind. We know UAB can score, but now their defense, who have been dealing with great running backs the last few weeks will face a true passing team. ECU's Vaughn has been very efficient with his 15-4 TD/INT ratio, this stingy unit can really make a name with a good performance.

PREDICTION: Its a home game for UAB and since Rhatigan has become head coach the Blazers have not loss at Legion Field, I expect that trend to continue, UAB has to much power against an injury ridden ECU squad. 42-17

Old 08-16-2011, 10:45 AM   #164
MVP

JLWebb's Arena

OVR: 13

East Carolina has ALWAYS given me fits regardless of mine or their ranking... its just one of those teams that seemed to play their A-Game every single match-up.

Good luck!
Old 08-16-2011, 09:16 PM   #165
MVP

SOMEHOW THE WRITE UP GOT DELETED!!! SORRY

Last edited by gorillapittpray; 12-02-2011 at 11:32 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2011, 11:38 PM   #166
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

well...that was a nail biter, lol. Very solid win over ECU.

Old 08-17-2011, 03:08 AM   #167
Pro

OVR: 0

Your new ranking is gonna be a single digit one, isn't it? Good game.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:53 AM   #168
MVP

JLWebb's Arena

OVR: 13

I guess ECU doesn't give you the same fits as they do me... haha

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »