Home

Smitty's Zero-Theory Simulation Sliders

This is a discussion on Smitty's Zero-Theory Simulation Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2014, 02:21 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Smitty's Zero-Theory Simulation Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
i just have one question , will the refs finally call PASS INTERFERENCE with the PI sliders at this setting? i ve tried it from 95-100 and it NEVER calls it ! im so sick of this game never giving a PI call, i want to know does it actually call them at these settings listed here for PI?
Unfortunately no, I haven't seen a pi or di on literally years with madden. It's comical that there is even a slider for it.
Old 09-06-2014, 02:31 PM   #58
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by durkken
Unfortunately no, I haven't seen a pi or di on literally years with madden. It's comical that there is even a slider for it.
well defensive PI AND offensive PI should be sliders exactly for that...... not sure why the F it still dont work! happens in real life alot, never happens in madden, total bs

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 09-06-2014, 02:40 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 0

What i did to increase the cpu run game was i increase run blocking to 10 and left the fumbles alone at 75. I also increased the pass blocking to 15 and raised cpu accuracy to 8. I am seeing a better cpu running. They went from about 15 to 20 yards a game 13 min qtrs to 80 to 100 a game. Have also seen an increase in the cpu passing game.
Old 09-06-2014, 04:11 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by balfezzy
What i did to increase the cpu run game was i increase run blocking to 10 and left the fumbles alone at 75. I also increased the pass blocking to 15 and raised cpu accuracy to 8. I am seeing a better cpu running. They went from about 15 to 20 yards a game 13 min qtrs to 80 to 100 a game. Have also seen an increase in the cpu passing game.
Ya I pretty much did the same thing, CPU run game is were it should be I think at those levels. Any thoughts on making the user run game harder? CPU just seems to not recognize the run on most of my running plays.
Old 09-06-2014, 05:00 PM   #61
Rookie

I think possibly raising the cpu tackling may do it not sure. I would have to look at what what each slider does specifically and what the penalty sliders do as well. I think some one posted about it on a previous page. Last night i got shut down for 3 qtrs then in the 4th i busted loose with the setting im using. I think the defence was getting worn out by continuingto pound the rock. Ended up with 22 carries for 154 yrds. Skins morris
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2014, 05:12 PM   #62
Rookie

Penalty Explanation Theory
As the title states this is simply a theory and it's nothing revolutionary as people have had similar threads in past versions of madden. I have done a lot of testing and I have come to the conclusion that penalties don't necessarily effect player attributes like sliders but instead how players approach plays. If you remember past versions of NCAA you could increase aggressiveness at the risk of penalties, i.e. "Hold Block" would result in bigger running lanes with the risk of more holding/clipping calls. Changing penalty sliders seems to have the same effect without the risk of penalties. With that said here are my observations of penalty sliders.

Offside: Increases/decreases the aggressiveness of the defensive line. At 0, d-lineman are more conservative and generate less pass rush.

False Start: Increases/decreases the aggressiveness of the offensive line. At 100, o-lineman fire off the line quicker to their blocks.

Holding: Similar to the "Hold Block" feature in NCAA. At 100, o-lineman will hold their blocks longer. This seems to be more profound in the passing game.

Facemask: Sadly, this is the only slider that actually works for CPU and Hum. However, this slider also impacts players tackle aggression. At 100, you will definitely see a ton of facemask penalties but also a lot of big hits.

Defensive PI: Increases/decreases DB aggression. At 100, pass coverage is more high risk/high reward.

Offensive PI: Increases/decreases WR aggression. At 100, wr's will lay out for the ball more with the added risk of not being as technically precise. I.e. not getting both feet down in bounds.

KR/PR Int: Increases/decreases special teams aggressiveness. Lower the slider and you will see increases returning.

Clipping: Similar to holding with one noticeable difference. Holding seems to impact pass blocking and clipping seems to have a greater impact on run blocking.

Intentional Grounding: Impacts the qb's release. Increase slider and qb will hold on to the ball longer.

Roughing the Passer: Impacts the pursuit of the qb. At 100, the defense with have greater pursuit to the qb.

Roughing the Kicker: This slider is really unique as it impacts the defenses pursuit. At 0, you will see almost all solo tackles and at 100 you will see a team pursuit effort. At 100, 90% of the time there will 2-3 guys around the ball carrier.

Using this info I've been able to achieve solid gameplay with nearly default All-Madden sliders. The only sliders I have touched besides penalties are QBA (5), Kickoff Power (55), Speed Threshold (0), and fatigue (60).
Old 09-06-2014, 05:13 PM   #63
Rookie

I got this from another post on here. Thanks to them for their research.
Old 09-06-2014, 09:32 PM   #64
Rookie

I just wanted to say, these are the best sliders I've found. They are the first set of All-Madden sliders I've used where bad QBs don't go 23/26 on me.

I'm pretty sure the human pass coverage being so responsive is directly related to the human INT slider, when I turned it down I got robo Quarterbacked bad.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »