Home

Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

This is a discussion on Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2014, 06:31 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

@ForTheQuinn94

Thanks for sharing your slider tweaks to Armor & Sword's base set (Props as well to A&S for his hard work & dedication!)...Was wondering if your sliders are uploaded to Madden Share? If not, I input this as the main menu screen correct & then load these sliders I input in the Main Menu into my CFM, correct (Sorry for this query...my first foray with the madden series with all this CFM stuff... LOL!) ?

I'm sooooooooo pumped to get this NFL season going both virtually and opening tonight (& of course Fantasy Football)!!!!!

Cheers to you all!
Old 09-04-2014, 06:43 PM   #18
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheQuinn94
This is interesting. I have only tried testing the threshold slider at 50, 35, 25, and where I settled 0.

I never did think to test and see what results would occur running a player in a dash.

If that's the case, then either the threshold makes no difference, but I believe it does, as I have used Tavon Austin enough to "feel" on the field during gameplay at a higher threshold, and finally at 0. To me, it feels like I get more separation from some defenders who just shouldn't be able to keep up with him.

I also, think the threshold slider in this year's game is not sensitive at all. Last year, you put on 0, you had RBs bumping into the back of O-lineman pulling to block, or passing them up completely. I was thinking this year's threshold slider was just VERY non-responsive, so dropping it to 0 would fix the separation problem for the speedsters in the NFL.

Maybe it's a placebo though? Testing it a dash at 0 threshold would be interesting as well. I've also noticed the O-linemen at 0 threshold are no longer too slow to pull on a block, but this test does make me question the slider now.

EDIT: One thing that bothered me early on in my tweaking was when I threw a pick six of about 45-50 yards. Tavon Austin was the receiver, and it was a Raider's CB that picked it off, at 35 threshold (A&S's early threshold setting), I could not catch this CB with Austin. While he actually, very little mind you, gained ground on me on that 50 yard return. I was user-controlling Austin and speed bursting, so I didn't like that I couldn't catch a guy I know Austin with his speed in-game would be able to track down. That is when I made the decision to drop to 25, play some more, then finally dropped to 0 threshold, and somewhat felt some separation for a player like Austin, finally.

But if testing proves the 40 times of certain players are not changed by threshold, then that does make me question the slider, regardless of what I've felt on the field. Then again, this is to separate the slowest of players from the faster (we all know most NFL players IRL move fast regardless of position). I'll still leave it at 0 for now though, but anyone can keep testing off these sliders. That is certainly encouraged.
A lot of guys overlook this, but in reality there's very fine margins when dealing with NFL players. Look at it this way, say an OL run a 5.0 40 and a WR runs a 4.4. Sounds like a big difference, but in reality it's not....at all. Your talking about a little over a half second difference over 40 yards, that's nothing! With threshold at 0, speed becomes much too great a factor. Just my 2 cents.
Old 09-04-2014, 06:48 PM   #19
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi1
@ForTheQuinn94

Thanks for sharing your slider tweaks to Armor & Sword's base set (Props as well to A&S for his hard work & dedication!)...Was wondering if your sliders are uploaded to Madden Share? If not, I input this as the main menu screen correct & then load these sliders I input in the Main Menu into my CFM, correct (Sorry for this query...my first foray with the madden series with all this CFM stuff... LOL!) ?

I'm sooooooooo pumped to get this NFL season going both virtually and opening tonight (& of course Fantasy Football)!!!!!

Cheers to you all!
No, the sliders aren't on Madden Share. Just input manually at the main screen, yes.
Old 09-04-2014, 06:51 PM   #20
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
A lot of guys overlook this, but in reality there's very fine margins when dealing with NFL players. Look at it this way, say an OL run a 5.0 40 and a WR runs a 4.4. Sounds like a big difference, but in reality it's not....at all. Your talking about a little over a half second difference over 40 yards, that's nothing! With threshold at 0, speed becomes much too great a factor. Just my 2 cents.
You are right, I definitely agree with that. I will look into the threshold some and play out some games and see how things feel. I know one thing is for sure, this year's threshold slider is not as prevalent or sensitive as last year's. It's harder to notice the small increments in the speed differential. I do agree with you though.
Old 09-04-2014, 06:56 PM   #21
Rookie

Do you think this would work on Pro difficulty? Madden newbie here and trying to get my feet wet. xD
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2014, 07:01 PM   #22
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by swishfury
Do you think this would work on Pro difficulty? Madden newbie here and trying to get my feet wet. xD
I don't know man, they are tuned using All-Pro, and I've read a few posts saying the QBs play a little different on Pro, but you can try it out and see how it plays out for you.
Old 09-04-2014, 07:01 PM   #23
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
I agree, nice post. I've never quite understood why a lot of slider makers go to zero for threshold. EA finally has made a football game where speed isn't the only rating that matters.

Remember in the pre-season when Dri Archer took that quick pass and went 46 yards with it in week one? It was a big play that got people excited.

He got tracked down by defenders slower than him. That would have been an 80 yard TD in madden with threshold at zero.

These sliders look really good though, I want to give them a shot tonight.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 09-04-2014, 07:07 PM   #24
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
I agree, nice post. I've never quite understood why a lot of slider makers go to zero for threshold. EA finally has made a football game where speed isn't the only rating that matters.

Remember in the pre-season when Dri Archer took that quick pass and went 46 yards with it in week one? It was a big play that got people excited.

He got tracked down by defenders slower than him. That would have been an 80 yard TD in madden with threshold at zero.

These sliders look really good though, I want to give them a shot tonight.
Good point on Archer, I remember seeing that play. I agree with orion, in the NFL everyone is fast, no doubt. Tricky thing is, the threshold slider isn't a sensitive to changes as it was in M25, so I think it'd be a little difficult to find the "sweet spot." 50 may work fine, after seeing orion test it and charter also stating that he had similar results.

Best advice I can give to people trying these sliders out is test out the threshold slider for yourself. I like where most everything else is set for these sliders, but if threshold is one of the only concerns that can be tweaked, then try it, and it wouldn't take too long I'd imagine to find a setting you find more realistic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »