Home

MADDEN 16 Realistic Slider Set (ALL-PRO)

This is a discussion on MADDEN 16 Realistic Slider Set (ALL-PRO) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2015, 07:44 AM   #385
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: MADDEN 16 Realistic Slider Set (ALL-PRO)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiamcb
- Lost game with me pushing 52 yard FG slightly left with 10 seconds left.
- Easily most intense game I've ever played in all my years of Madden. Man, I wish I could have streamed it. I really felt as though I was watching the DEN/BAL matchup that'll be upon us in 2 weeks.
- Great game that featured two hard hitting defenses who were stingy again the run, and essentially it became a Flacco v Manning classic.
- With the new adjustments to Pass Cov and Reaction I saw animation I never seen before in M16, some I never thought I'd ever see. Simply beautiful, its like the sliders unlocked a secret engine within the game or something.
- Well anyway some other quick observations from the game were: Saw more penalties as game wore on, particularly late in fourth (couple false starts, holding and a DPI) that I think fatigue had an affect on those penalties. My RB2 saw increasing action as game developed. Early on my RB1 was pretty fresh, but DEN hit him constantly, I started seeing my RB2 at some point every other play (may have found the key to auto subs as I saw back ups all over the field at one point in the game).

Baltimore Ravens at Denver Broncos
Jan 1, 1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Baltimore Ravens (0-1)060921
Denver Broncos (1-0)777722
Team Stats Comparison

BALDEN
Total Offense323294
Rushing Yards7460
Passing Yards249234
First Downs1614
Punt Return Yards5747
Kick Return Yards9250
Total Yards472391
Turnovers21
3rd Down Converstion10-17 58%3-11 27%
4th Down Conversion0-00-0
2-Point Conversion0-00-1
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals3/01/2
Penalties6-395-52
Posession Time36:0123:59
Scoring Summary
FIRST QUARTER SCORINGBALDEN
6:25(DEN) E. Sanders 7 Yd Pass from P. Manning (B. Mcmanus Kick)07
SECOND QUARTER SCORINGBALDEN
11:55(BAL) S. Smith Sr. 8 Yd Pass from J. Flscco (J. Tucker Kick)77
1:54(DEN) B. Mcmanus, 38 Yd FG710
0:00(DEN) B. Mcmanus, 26 Yd FG713
THIRD QUARTER SCORINGBALDEN
8:48(BAL) K. Juszczyk 2 Yd Pass from J. Flacco (J. Tucker Kick)1413
FOURTH QUARTER SCORINGBALDEN
12:03(DEN) B. Mcmanus, 44 Yd FG1416
4:57 (BAL) M. Brown 8 Yd Pass from J. Flacco (J. Tucker Kick)2116
1:04(DEN) J. Casey 23 Yd Pass from P. Manning (Two-Pt Failed)2122
Baltimore Ravens
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
J. Flacco 33/4627132
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
J. Forsett12282.30
L. Taliaferro8384.70
K. Juszczyk188.00
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
J. Forsett9455.00
S.Smith Sr.8617.61
C. Gilmore45614.00
K. Aiken4389.50
M. Brown33812.61
D. Pitta23115.50
K. Juszczyk273.51
B. Perriman1-5-5.00
BLOCKINGPANCAKESACK
J. Zuttah02
K. Osemele01
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
L. Webb80.000
C. Mosely70.000
K. Lewis70.000
W. Hill60.000
D. Smith40.500
R. Melvin30.000
J. Smith30.000
K. Arrington20.010
A. Levine Sr.20.000
E. Dumervil20.000
T. Suggs21.500
C. Upshaw10.000
C. Canty10.000
A. Brown10.000
B. Williams10.000
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
J. Tucker0/13/330
PUNTINGNOYDSAVGIN20
S. Koch627946.50
KICK RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
B. Perriman37023.30
A. Jackson12222.00
PUNT RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
A. Jackson35719.00
Denver Broncos
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
P. Manning18/3723421
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
C. Anderson15412.70
P. Manning 3196.30
M. Ball100.00
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
E. Sanders55811.61
J. Casey 49022.51
D. Thomas3268.60
C. Latimer 33913.00
A. Caldwell188.00
M. Williams11212.00
M. Ball111.00
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
B. Marshall130.000
D. Stewart120.010
T. Ward110.000
C. Harris Jr.90.500
V. Miller50.000
D. Trevathan50.000
A. Talib50.010
S. Ray50.500
B. Roby50.000
S. Williams42.000
M. Jackson21.000
D. Ware20.000
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
B. Mcmanus3/31/11044
PUNTINGNOYDSAVGIN20
B. Colquitt421453.50
KICK RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
A. Caldwell15050.00
PUNT RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
A. Talib5479.40
Man, I am even more excited to try these, will be plugging them in shortly. This is a very similar to a theory we worked with last year on 15 that Rushinplayallgames came up with and it really changed what we were seeing in the secondary. Of course 15 still had some major issues that I think prevented it from realizing it's true potential. Hopefully with the new WR/DB interactions this will really shine!

"If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" -Tuco
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2015, 07:53 AM   #386
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Gunfighter
Man, I am even more excited to try these, will be plugging them in shortly. This is a very similar to a theory we worked with last year on 15 that Rushinplayallgames came up with and it really changed what we were seeing in the secondary. Of course 15 still had some major issues that I think prevented it from realizing it's true potential. Hopefully with the new WR/DB interactions this will really shine!
Man, I had been thinking of this for the past two days. Interesting that you all tried last year, I think with the new WR/DB features this year really brings out the best in these. I was scribbling stuff down on a piece of paper, just wasn't sure if I wanted to mess with sliders too much. I finally just said "why not?" I can tell you personally I will be keeping these for myself (even If nobody else tries them lol). Im anxious for you to try them, and get your thoughts.
Old 09-03-2015, 08:09 AM   #387
Rookie

I just seen Mariota rolling to his right throw a strike off his back foot (incoming blitz) BEFORE the WR made his break for a diving 8 yd TD. The DB had perfect coverage making a diving effort too, somehow M. Mariota got the ball past him. WOW!!! Literally was speechless.

But I'm more so in awe at how he threw the ball before the WR made his break on the slant. Like, man!! That's insane animation!! M16 you definitely got it right with this one. Kudos!
Old 09-03-2015, 10:00 AM   #388
NBA All Life Team

DiceMan's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiamcb
I think I may have made significant progress in just the overall sportsmanship of the game. I for sure just played the best Madden game I've ever witnessed or experienced, Baltimore @ Denver and I think these two slider adjustments I'm about to explain alone made up for the majority of my excitement during that game.

Before the game I decided to change up USER/CPU Pass Reaction and Pass Coverage (which I had been thinking about for the past two days) to better reflect what an actual DB experiences on a given play. That required me to lower Pass Reaction significantly, with that in mind I thought it only made sense to raise Pass Coverage about the same. This would simulate a unique and authentic DB and WR interaction (relying on WR ability as route runners etc and DB ability with regards to THEIR pass coverage rating). Instead of having Pass reaction high, which in essence hid the cover rating of DB's due to them being able to react and have almost super human reactions even when not in proper position to make said play which isn't realistic at all. You'll see a DB in reality make a play off a poor thrown ball or a perfect read and react. With Reaction at 40 something I was seeing decent DB play but it just wasn't it for me. I knew something could be done about the DB's who seem to make a jump in front of a throw that they really had no business making. Thats the reason for lowering Reaction it forces DB to rely more so on their Coverage rating, which is why the increase in Pass Coverage. I had to balance the low reaction time. Now you'll see DB's perform more life like with it having to do less with reaction time and more about coverage ability. It just makes the passing game feel a lot more realistic and authentic. And for whatever reason it's forcing "coach mode" QB's to scramble more often, I mean P. Manning pulled it down and ran 3 times my most recent game using the sliders. P. Manning!! Lol.

Having just played a game with those setting I can't tell you how much of an impact just those two sliders made, you have to experience it for yourself.

I put the adjusted slider ratings in the updated thread detailing the most recent update (thread #372), but not into OP as I didn't want to change settings without first hearing feedback (even though these will be my default slider settings regardless) but this isn't about me its about creating a set that appeals to everybody. So I'll again post those slider adjustments here as well, and would love to hear back from you all on your thoughts. And below in the following three will be a boxscore from recent game using those slider adjustment.

USER Reaction: Set to 8 (test these out, can't wait for feedback)
USER Pass Cov: Set to 83 (test these out, can't wait for feedback)

CPU Reaction: Set to 4 (Test these out, can't wait to hear feedback)
CPU Pass Cov: Set to 85 (Test these out, can't wait to hear feedback)

Good job on the set first off & I can't wait to try to the changed to reaction/coverage. Another cat did the same last year w/his set & it was amazing. Will try it out after work today.
NY Yankees
4 Life.....
Old 09-03-2015, 12:11 PM   #389
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiceMan
Good job on the set first off & I can't wait to try to the changed to reaction/coverage. Another cat did the same last year w/his set & it was amazing. Will try it out after work today.

Thanks a lot man. I appreciate that. Glad your enjoying them. Excited to hear your thought on the updated sliders when you get a chance to play later.
Old 09-03-2015, 12:39 PM   #390
Rookie

Just a couple tips that's helping me out

- When kicking/punting make sure you adjust for wind. With accuracy set at 44, the wind is really a big deal. Line your kicks up according to that.

- To also get your RB2 more of a chance at getting more action. Go into your formations when play calling and make some subs using R1/RB to formation sets. For example, I'm playing as Ravens. Beginning of game I'll go to formations and maybe set my bigger back Taliefero as my primary back in I-Formations and Weak Power, so now when your using "Suggested Plays" when you pick a play and it's a one of those formations Taliefero will automatically be that back. Of course more times than not because J. Forsett is my primary back and in on more formations he'll still get the majority of plays. This is a way to help balance out carries. But I'm seeing my RB2 get more opportunities any way with fatigue and auto subs being set the way they are.

- When using "Suggested Plays" I always scroll to the left and pick a play from the strategy window. Seems to be better at identifying plays that seem more appropriate for the situationI'm facing.

- Also to get a more realistic "juking motion" if you do run, while using the right stick make small subtle moves (with right stick) it actually works just as you'd think. I almost never click hard left or right to juke unless I'm facing a defender who has the angle. More often you'll see me toggle (keep the right stick in the middle and make small movements in different directions to get defender off balance), if that makes sense. It adds better reactions and realism from the offensive players, while allowing them to keep forward momentum. It's like real life juking, you'll see players throttle down a little and and try to shake instead of making hard cuts.

Last edited by iiamcb; 09-03-2015 at 01:29 PM.
Old 09-03-2015, 01:02 PM   #391
Tide is Rolling in!

exboxfan's Arena

OVR: 7

Just finished a game with your updated sliders. Will post results shortly.

Just gonna say it was a great game!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2015, 01:06 PM   #392
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by exboxfan
Just finished a game with your updated sliders. Will post results shortly.

Just gonna say it was a great game!!!!

Awesome man, were they with the "adjusted" Reaction/Pass Cov. If so, what are your thoughts.

Last edited by iiamcb; 09-03-2015 at 01:13 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »