Home

JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M16 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2015, 10:11 AM   #305
Pro

OVR: 1
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Hey, Josh, glad to see you're again making discoveries with the penalty sliders. I love default AP this year, but I'm going to test these out, since I agree 100% with everything you've said here. If you don't mind, I have a few questions for you...
  1. I assume you are still matching main menu sliders with CFM sliders, correct? I have tested out matching versus no matching, and there clearly is a difference again based on what I've seen (matching appears to be the way to go).
  2. Are you getting any fumbles with this latest set? On default AP, I rarely see fumbles (avg .5 game).
  3. Last year, I know we chatted extensively on pass deflections (lack of). I'm still not seeing a lot this year in M16. Maybe avg. 2/game per team at best. Are you seeing the same, and if so, any suggestions to improve?
  4. With lower Holding and lower Run Blocking, are you still seeing good run games? Does the lower Tackling slider help balance that out?
  5. Finally, one observation I've had with the Tackling slider...you mentioned above that you've seen QB % go up. Well, it might be nothing, but when I tested out a lower Tackling slider (TKL = 40, all else default), QB % went up. I just looked back at the data I have from a 5 game comparison (same match ups), and with TKL = 40, average QB % went up 8 points versus AP Default. My guess so far was that TKL affects play recognition, so that might make the pass defense a bit worse. I was thinking of lowering QBA, but then here we go again...domino effect and chasing sliders one after the other. Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2015, 11:58 AM   #306
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by picker19
Hey, Josh, glad to see you're again making discoveries with the penalty sliders. I love default AP this year, but I'm going to test these out, since I agree 100% with everything you've said here. If you don't mind, I have a few questions for you...
  1. I assume you are still matching main menu sliders with CFM sliders, correct? I have tested out matching versus no matching, and there clearly is a difference again based on what I've seen (matching appears to be the way to go).
  2. Are you getting any fumbles with this latest set? On default AP, I rarely see fumbles (avg .5 game).
  3. Last year, I know we chatted extensively on pass deflections (lack of). I'm still not seeing a lot this year in M16. Maybe avg. 2/game per team at best. Are you seeing the same, and if so, any suggestions to improve?
  4. With lower Holding and lower Run Blocking, are you still seeing good run games? Does the lower Tackling slider help balance that out?
  5. Finally, one observation I've had with the Tackling slider...you mentioned above that you've seen QB % go up. Well, it might be nothing, but when I tested out a lower Tackling slider (TKL = 40, all else default), QB % went up. I just looked back at the data I have from a 5 game comparison (same match ups), and with TKL = 40, average QB % went up 8 points versus AP Default. My guess so far was that TKL affects play recognition, so that might make the pass defense a bit worse. I was thinking of lowering QBA, but then here we go again...domino effect and chasing sliders one after the other. Thoughts?
Hey picker....some short answers as I am on my phone.

1. Still matching main menu and CFM. It may not be needed, but I still am.
2. Fumbles come and go. I'd like a couple more....but they happen.
3. Seeing 2-4 deflections per team. That is pretty spot on.
4. The run game is WAY better with this setup....it is much more dynamic and you feel ratings shine through. The low holding slider along with the offsides and false start are critical.
5. CPU comp percentages have been solid...some high, some low. Good variety here.
Old 10-12-2015, 12:09 PM   #307
Pro

Thanks, as always, for the quick response. Just to follow up on some of your answers...
  • I've heard the Facemask slider might impact fumbles. Do you agree with that, and if so, would you recommend higher or lower to increase them?
  • For pass deflections, I'm glad to see you're getting some good #s, but are any of them "user controlled" ones? I play Coach Mode, hence why I'm asking, since I'm not seeing a lot.

And BTW, so far I do think the slider matching is needed. When I don't do it, it definitely impacts the game play.
Old 10-12-2015, 12:23 PM   #308
Pro

silver281gt's Arena

OVR: 3

I noticed last night that on the defensive stats it doesn't keep the Thrown at and completions allowed stats. Anyone else notice this or is it a slider issue?
Old 10-12-2015, 12:44 PM   #309
MVP

Teleo's Arena

OVR: 0

Picker19, I play coach mode as well...how have your games been? I'm currently 2-7 with the Dolphins in my current ccm. I've used two different slider makers sets during this time but would like to know your observations on your coach mode findings? Thank you in advance.
Old 10-12-2015, 01:18 PM   #310
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleo
Picker19, I play coach mode as well...how have your games been? I'm currently 2-7 with the Dolphins in my current ccm. I've used two different slider makers sets during this time but would like to know your observations on your coach mode findings? Thank you in advance.
I'm not going to hijack Josh's thread here, but in short, I've been overall happy with default AP except for a few things (lack of fumbles, too many pancakes, and not enough pass deflections). Since Patch #2, I'm 1-4 with my Bears franchise. I am actually going to start a Coach Mode slider thread, so once it's up, please share your observations.
Old 10-12-2015, 04:24 PM   #311
Rookie

adickerson's Arena

I have also tried a few slider sets this year before realizing the best overall gameplay I had was playing with default sliders on all pro. My only issues were the robo qb for pretty much every qb in the game, the fact that the pass rush seemed to have no effect on qb accuracy and that it was extremely tough to move the ball on the ground even against teams with suspect run D.

I decided to give your sliders a shot after reading through the thread and I do like the way the game plays with them. I have only played one reg season game with them so far so I will withhold judgement, but I am a little concerned about robo qb.

I will post the box scores of my first few games to hopefully help you tweak if any tweaking is needed at all.

Quick note on my playing style....I basically play coach mode. I completly control the QB, I only control HB's after they have broken through the second level, and WR's after initial contact. On D, I use the SS but only control him on blitzes and if he has a chance for a ball hawk int.

My first game was the 2016 season opener at home against the Ravens and as you can see it was a total blowout, which is very uncharacteristic for a steelers/ravens games (I think the margin of victory is like 3pts for 90 percent of the games in this rivalry). Even though we destroyed them, Flacco still threw for over 80% and almost 400yds, which is why I am little concerned about robo qb...although I will concede that a huge chunk of that yardage came from garbage time HB sweeps and a couple of explosive plays to Perriman. Otherwise everything else felt pretty good...some of the WR/DB animations were awesome...one of the Perriman big plays was a contested catch where they both came down with possession of the ball, something i've never seen in a Madden game. Next up is a surprisingly good Browns team in Cleveland.

Baltimore Ravens at Pittsburgh Steelers
Jan 1, 1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Baltimore Ravens ()3331019
Pittsburgh Steelers ()151471450
Team Stats Comparison
BALPIT
Total Offense390572
Rushing Yards43254
Passing Yards347318
First Downs1425
Punt Return Yards020
Kick Return Yards5971
Total Yards449663
Turnovers11
3rd Down Converstion610
4th Down Conversion00
2-Point Conversion01
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals1/25/0
Penalties5110
Posession Time27:2832:32
Baltimore Ravens
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
J.FLacco28/3537811
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
J.Forsett11242.20
LTaliaferro2126.00
J.Flacco177.00
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
J.Forsett78311.90
M.Campanaro6549.00
D.Pitta6396.50
B.Perriman311939.70
R.Bush34214.01
D.Carter2105.00
L.Willson13131.00
BLOCKINGPANCAKESACK
Team Total33
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Team Total01
Pittsburgh Steelers
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
B.Roethlisberger27/3231841
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
L.Bell211346.40
T.Mack (r)911312.61
D.Williams273.52
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
A.Brown911412.72
M.Bryant7679.62
L.Bell3113.70
M.Wheaton34615.30
H.Miller35418.00
S.Coates22613.00
BLOCKINGPANCAKESACK
Team Total60
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Team Totals4.510
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2015, 05:29 PM   #312
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Yeah....CJ had a crazy robo QB game by luck....he threw for some insane totals. Since then, everything has been quite realistic in his games and mine.

One thing that CJ mentioned about that crazy Luck game was that he had started and restarted it several times. It could have been a coincidence, but I try to avoid restarting games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »