Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2016, 11:36 PM   #897
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbunz1324
Not sure if game speed affects anything but normal was much harder than slow
tbunz...yes, game speed is a huge factor. One, it makes reaction time more of a factor for the user. Two, I see the AI reacting better on higher speeds. Normal is default, so I stick with that, but I also like what Fast game speed brings to the table.
Old 09-13-2016, 03:13 AM   #898
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

OK....so I decided tonight to do a 'hard reset' of these sliders.

Started from scratch at pure default (including EA having the MM injury slider at 10). Exception, of course was 60/80 CFM autosubs...because, you know, we like autosubs...

Matt's vids helped support a theory I had that the LB aggression was, in part, tied to autosubs. He was right (not that I am shocked). I started at 60/80 and it was better, but I saw excessive (like, ridiculously excessive) suction blocks....how anyone plays happily on pure default is beyond me..

Anyways, I started walking them down until suction was minimized, did a couple of other things and then adjusted penalties in groups based on the area of impact (zeroing them out in the MM as I saw gameplay flaws). The purpose of this was to validate what we had been doing.

It was 2.5 long hours of playing a play or two, replaying, starting over (through those darn load screens) adjusting....rinse and repeat. Now I see (at least good LBs) reacting better (playing zones better, reacting on run plays better, etc.).

I'm off of work tomorrow, so I will likely stream in the afternoon (pacific time). Should all go well, I will likely post the revised set tomorrow or Wednesday...no premature releases this time. It's very close to what we have now, but with some critical differences.
Old 09-13-2016, 08:19 AM   #899
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
OK....so I decided tonight to do a 'hard reset' of these sliders.

Started from scratch at pure default (including EA having the MM injury slider at 10). Exception, of course was 60/80 CFM autosubs...because, you know, we like autosubs...

Matt's vids helped support a theory I had that the LB aggression was, in part, tied to autosubs. He was right (not that I am shocked). I started at 60/80 and it was better, but I saw excessive (like, ridiculously excessive) suction blocks....how anyone plays happily on pure default is beyond me..

Anyways, I started walking them down until suction was minimized, did a couple of other things and then adjusted penalties in groups based on the area of impact (zeroing them out in the MM as I saw gameplay flaws). The purpose of this was to validate what we had been doing.

It was 2.5 long hours of playing a play or two, replaying, starting over (through those darn load screens) adjusting....rinse and repeat. Now I see (at least good LBs) reacting better (playing zones better, reacting on run plays better, etc.).

I'm off of work tomorrow, so I will likely stream in the afternoon (pacific time). Should all go well, I will likely post the revised set tomorrow or Wednesday...no premature releases this time. It's very close to what we have now, but with some critical differences.
Beautiful. Off today as well. About to go to the gym then lock myself to my Xbox until the Fifa demo drops.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
Old 09-13-2016, 08:30 AM   #900
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Totally agree Josh. With my testing last night, not sure how anyone has fun on pure default. The other issue is what exactly is EA going to have in next patch gameplay wise. If they would fix the sluggish non reactive LB's it would be 10 times better. Anyways, I am off next 2 days So PM any settings unless updated ones you put in OP. Glad to get some games in for testing. Make sure everyone knows to test in regular season CFM games.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Old 09-13-2016, 09:48 AM   #901
MVP

awffltony77's Arena

OVR: 0

Does any of this translate to the free practice mode? I feel like that would be an ideal way to check certain things faster than in and out of CFM games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2016, 10:56 AM   #902
Pro

Woad23's Arena

OVR: 0

Just something to keep in mind when testing...while a more aggressive D is needed, we don't want every set of lbs playing like the 85 bears lbs. Ratings need to matter, so free practice if it works might be ideal for testing that.
Old 09-13-2016, 11:04 AM   #903
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

To simply the issue with the LBs, it's down to two necessities.

1. LB's need to run with, or at least make an attempt, with the crossing route they're covering.

2. Chase down the ball carrier. If the receiver catches it, the LB should be sprinting to chase them down. Instead, they are looking like they're jogging, and are left in the dust.

That's as simple as it gets. At the moment they're not even running with the receiver. My video here shows what it should look like, or at least get close to it. Unfortunately, it was not consistent, and I ran out of testing time.

Before

After

Old 09-13-2016, 11:07 AM   #904
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1

What was the difference between the two videos, slider wise

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »